Did You Like President Obama's State of the Union Address?

The Big Question 2013/02/13 09:00:00

• The Birdman ~ PWCM~JLA 2013/02/13 09:53:01
    The Birdman ~ PWCM~JLA
    +35
    Eloquent, yes. Substance backed in truth, no. Ideas, yes. partisanship, no.
    Overall he talks a big talk, but he is still a liar. He talks about reducing the deficit for the sheep that don't follow the real truth, but those that are really listening know he means something else instead. He again, tried to demonize congress for the ills of the country, but as usual, he accepts none of the blame or comes up with answers that all concerned can get on board with. 4 more years of lies won't fix a fking thing, again!

• republican 2013/02/22 12:16:44
    republican
    It was a speach from Obama need I say more.
  • Alacrity 2013/02/19 06:13:39
    Alacrity
    Entirely. Obama gave 30 plus suggestions... and the party of "NO" will stand in the way because they don't want to see a black man do more for this nation than their Romney-type would have done.
  • Jaiheena Star 2013/02/18 21:06:08
  • republican Jaiheen... 2013/02/22 12:20:06
    republican
    I agree with you. If you are an illegal immagrant then you are not recognized by the federal government or the local police force. They would not be in the system and this would allow for uncontroled crime.
  • Jere 2013/02/15 00:29:17
    Jere
    +4
    I don't like ANYTHING that schmuck says.
  • Dan 2013/02/14 13:53:56 (edited)
    Dan
    +4
    Sounded like Castro style bullcrap. With no ideas and not taking responsibility for the massive debt and high unemployment.
  • john richardson 2013/02/14 11:25:19
    john richardson
    +3
    I always enjoy a good comedy although I find most fiction boring, this address was like watching wrestling on TV,what you think is a good move is in reality a ploy to fool the viewer.
  • ☆Ed☆ 2013/02/14 05:40:06
    ☆Ed☆
    +3
    The "Liar-In-Chief" has once again proved that he is incapable of telling the truth about ANYTHING!!!
  • Tic-Toc 2013/02/14 05:15:10
    Tic-Toc
    +4
    How many times has he said... "Not one Thin Dime"? And here we are Ove 58 TRILLION DIMES in the Whole....

He is a fake
  • Cat 2013/02/14 04:25:05
    Cat
    +4
    No. Just more empty promises of things that would vastly increase our already far too high debt.
  • cathy mendoza 2013/02/14 01:09:51
    cathy mendoza
    +3
    didn't watch it
  • Rafie01 2013/02/14 00:55:11
    Rafie01
    +2
    im a obama supporter and it kept me awake no negs here but i would actually like to see the things he spoke of come true
  • Jere Rafie01 2013/02/15 00:32:09
    Jere
    +1
    Don't hold your breath.
  • republican Rafie01 2013/02/22 12:27:06
    republican
    Let me correct your comment.

*I am an* Obama supporter and *the presidential speech* kept me awake. *I have no negative feelings towards Obama* but I would like to see the *promises* he spoke of come true.

Go to school:] if you cannot even get one sentence right then what right do you have to vote and destroy our country with your ignorance.
  • Rafie01 republican 2013/04/17 19:15:57
    Rafie01
    Your disrespectful and ignorant didn't your rich mother teach you better;p now i get this is an opinion site but I didnt ask for yours hate to break it to you but I dont care about your comment and you destory our country and we wouldnt have schools if republician trash like you had a say so only for the weatlhy is your motto have a nice day you duchebag
  • republican Rafie01 2013/04/18 11:33:23
    republican
    Actualy my family is having hard financial times right now but they work hard so we can keep living the way we are.
  • Bluebird 2013/02/14 00:49:36
    Bluebird
    +5
    I didn't enjoy it last night, and I really didn't like it after I read the fact check . org and msnbc review of the lies obumbles told last night. They were such whoppers that even the sock puppets at NBC saw right through the lies. I think that is a first for them since obumbles took office.
  • Chrissi 2013/02/13 23:54:10
    Chrissi
    He was with the thought of inclusion for all persons; no matter the party. It was better than his inauguraton speech.
  • ProVega 2013/02/13 23:39:43
    ProVega
    +1
    YES, YES, YES!

yes
  • republican ProVega 2013/02/22 12:32:02
    republican
    NO

NO NO NO NO

Du eisa sheisa. Du bist die shlauberger. Nein, du bist nich

I am 16 and am currently fluent in german what do you know? If you can tell me how many promises Obama has made that he failed to follow through with than I might listen to your opinion. Good luck!!!!!
  • ProVega republican 2013/02/24 07:08:23
    ProVega
    Sorry, I don't have the time, besides you can look those up for yourself.
  • juneathomas 2013/02/13 23:04:09
  • RevJim 2013/02/13 22:35:18
    RevJim
    +5
    It hurt my feelings. Seriously.
  • Charles E 2013/02/13 22:02:33
    Charles E
    +5
    More of the same stuff he has been flinging for four years, and more of blaming everyone but Obama for the economic disaster he is bringing to this country.
    The only change I saw was his use of gun violence as a distraction from his economic failures.
  • Jim Charles E 2013/02/14 02:52:14
    Jim
    Obama is correct in asserting that he inherited many evils that have been baked into the economic cake long before he got into office.

The sins of Woodrow Wilson are still being felt to this very day! The malfeasance of Truman and LBJ still haunt us to this day. Don't even get me started about the Faustian deal the Bush Crime Syndicate made with the banksters in the early 1980's. Or what Billary Clinton did that directly led to the mortgage bubble and bust. Or the countless crimes of Lord Bush and Viceroy Cheney that paved the way for Obama.

Where we are now has been a century in the making so, Obama IS RIGHT about that. Unlike FDR, Obama has NO POWER to discipline the banksters.
  • Tic-Toc Jim 2013/02/14 05:17:41
    Tic-Toc
    +4
    When will you get off the Bush Blame.... going into his 5th year and we are Further in debt then this country has ever been and We are going down the sink hole faster and further each and every day... And No IT IS NOT BUSH'S Fault... When is Obama going to MAN-Up?
  • Jim Tic-Toc 2013/02/14 19:54:38
    Jim
    +1
    I'm more disturbed that you cannot read or comprehend what I just wrote. I know readers here have severe ADD so, I'm trying to keep things concise.

I STARTED OFF with Woodrow Wilson!!! NOT Lord Bush! Do you even know what happened under Woodrow Wilson and why it still matters??? What is going down today is most certainly Bush's fault BUT, it is ALSO the fault of malfeasant Administrations before him.

Obama is absolutely right when he disavows the actions of the past. Obama also knows that We The Sheep have no historical perspective. That means he can flaunt the truth in our faces because the masses won't understand it in proper context. He is using the truth to deflect anger away from him; not to solve the problems that have accumulated and metastasized for a century.

Finally, Obama is a servant of the kingmakers and banksters who put him in power. He does NOT answer to We The Slaves. JFK "Manned Up" to his masters and was shot. Obama could "Man Up" but, that would require a civil war to preemptively take out the Top 1% so they don't grease him like they did with JFK and almost did with Reagan. The collective ignorance in Amerika is too great for any POTUS to risk a counter-coup against the plutocracy.
  • republican Jim 2013/02/22 12:38:24
    republican
    I can tell you are one of the very few Obama supporters that have some sort of intelectual aptitude so just take a step back throw away all biased opinions {Including race} and look at the facts. You cannot tell anybody that Obama is not caroding the american way of life. Sorry for my spelling I have an auditory processing disorder which means spelling is not my cup of tea. I hope you make a good descision whatever it is.
  • Jim republican 2013/02/22 21:43:45
    Jim
    I believe I already charged Obama and the Obamanoids with corrosion of an already badly rotted Amerikan carcass. My outlook and resulting decisions have proven themselves over and over again. I am my own best source.

Regarding "facts." "Facts" cannot exist without opinion. A fact that may benefit one man may harm another, even though the "fact" itself remains unchanged. Opinion comes about because perspectives cannot be the same for everybody. Republicans love to hide behind value-neutral positions like money and taxes because they are too cowardly to step into the hostile and difficult battle of social standards and morality.
  • Teddy Tic-Toc 2013/02/14 23:47:54
    Teddy
    +2
    I will never forgive Bush for starting unnessary wars on credit, and giviving tax cuts at the same time.
  • Tic-Toc Teddy 2013/02/15 02:16:45
    Tic-Toc
    Bush did not start the wars... It was Our TOTAL Gov't that did... The House AND the SENATE had to vote on it and it had to pass both before it came to Bush to be signed.
  • Charles E Jim 2013/02/14 23:04:35
    Charles E
    +2
    It may shock you, but I agree with many of your observations.
    I just feel that Obama is doing all he can to make the situation worse, not better.
    Still nice to have a discussion with an informed person in a civil tone.
  • republican Charles E 2013/02/22 12:33:45
    republican
    OK then, ALL HAIL OBAMAVICH
  • Knot_Rich Jim 2013/02/19 18:57:33
    Knot_Rich
    +1
    Obama is correct, he did inherit problems, as has every President before him. Remember the financial bust that happened when Bush took office from Clinton, the rising gas prices that Clinton tried to cover by releasing oil from the national reserves? Our problem is that we've had structural problems for a very long time, primarily that of spending way more than we take in, to the tune of 46 cents of every dollar already. What happens when we reach the point of needing to borrow 50 cents of every dollar our government spends? It doesn't take an economics professor to figure out that this is unsustainable. No President or Congress or Senate has wanted to deal with this, including Obama, every one continues to kick the can down the road, and we're rapidly running out of road. At least Clinton, with pressure and help from a Republican Congress, worked to correct a great mistake by Johnson, that of creating generational welfare through his "Great Society", nor has any corrected his travesty of "borrowing" from the Social Security fund. Unfortunately Obama is slowly reversing that and creating more people on government dependency that ever before, and we're not even including all those public employee retirement and benefit accounts that are going bankrupt, and the taxpayers...
    Obama is correct, he did inherit problems, as has every President before him. Remember the financial bust that happened when Bush took office from Clinton, the rising gas prices that Clinton tried to cover by releasing oil from the national reserves? Our problem is that we've had structural problems for a very long time, primarily that of spending way more than we take in, to the tune of 46 cents of every dollar already. What happens when we reach the point of needing to borrow 50 cents of every dollar our government spends? It doesn't take an economics professor to figure out that this is unsustainable. No President or Congress or Senate has wanted to deal with this, including Obama, every one continues to kick the can down the road, and we're rapidly running out of road. At least Clinton, with pressure and help from a Republican Congress, worked to correct a great mistake by Johnson, that of creating generational welfare through his "Great Society", nor has any corrected his travesty of "borrowing" from the Social Security fund. Unfortunately Obama is slowly reversing that and creating more people on government dependency that ever before, and we're not even including all those public employee retirement and benefit accounts that are going bankrupt, and the taxpayers are obligated to bail out, an "entitlement" we never hear about on TV for sure. Our problems have been a long time in the making, both Democrat and Republican, and I'm afraid we're already so far in the hole the people will not be willing to make the sacrifices required to pull us back out, meaning that no President will be able to turn us around until we hit a wall like Greece and there is no longer an option. What we're seeing though, is that there are many, many people, a great many, who feel Obama, contrary to his rosy rhetoric, is only continuing to dig the hole deeper, and all we're going to have to pass on to future generations is not a dream of a better life but a shovel with no shovel ready job.
  • Gooky 2013/02/13 21:56:45
    Gooky
    +7
    I didn't watch the hot-air balloon show.From what i've read,here,it was a repeat!  obama hot
  • Billyk75 2013/02/13 21:41:53
    Billyk75
    +2
    I didn't watch it so I can't say.
  • burningsnowman 2013/02/13 21:39:06 (edited)
    burningsnowman
    +4
    He's just another puppet. He might as well have ended it with "Goldman Sachs Bless America."
  • dubbie 2013/02/13 21:31:09
    dubbie
    +8
    Not one single dime Seems I heard him say that last year about our taxes , What gives with this LSOB. Loons
  • Charles E dubbie 2013/02/14 23:06:17
    Charles E
    +2
    And the year before, and the year before that ...
  • dubbie Charles E 2013/02/15 00:33:57

2014/10/31 15:06:11