Did you know these facts about peroxide and bleach?

Dan 2009/05/08 00:21:38
No, I didn't know this! Thanks for the info! I'll pass it on!
No, I didn't know, but I'll never use any of this advice! This isn't helpful!
Yes, I knew about it. I know almost everything!
This (below) was written by a doctor's wife:

Bleach vs. peroxide VERY interesting and Inexpensive>

'I would like to tell you of the benefits of that plain little ole bottle of 3% peroxide you can get for under $1.00 at any drug store. What does bleach cost?

My husband has been in the medical field for over 36 years, and most doctors don't tell you about peroxide. Have you ever smelled bleach in a doctor's office? NO!!! Why? Be because it smells, and it is not healthy! Ask the nurses who work in the doctor's offices, and ask them if they use bleach at home. They are wiser and know better!

Did you also know bleach was invented in the late 40's? Its chlorine, folks! And it was used to kill our troops. Peroxide was invented during WWI in the 20's. It was used to save and help cleanse the needs of our troops and hospitals. Please think about this:

1. Take one capful (the little white cap that comes with the bottle) and hold in your mouth for 10 minutes daily, then spit it out. (I do it when I bathe.) No more canker sores, and your teeth will be whiter without expensive pastes. Use it instead of mouthwash.

2. Let your toothbrushes soak in a cup of peroxide to keep them free of germs.

3. Clean your counters and table tops with peroxide to kill germs and leave a fresh smell. Simply put a little on your dishrag when you wipe, or spray it on the counters.

4. After rinsing off your wooden cutting board, pour peroxide on it to kill salmonella and other bacteria.

5. I had fungus on my feet for years until I sprayed a 50/50 mixture of peroxide and water on them (especially the toes) every night and let dry.

6. Soak any infections or cuts in 3% peroxide for five to ten minutes several times a day. My husband has seen gangrene that would not heal with any medicine but was healed by soaking in peroxide.

7. Fill a spray bottle with a 50/50 mixture of peroxide and water and keep it in every bathroom to disinfect without harming your septic system like bleach or most other disinfectants will.

8. Tilt your head back and spray into nostrils with your 50/50 mixture whenever you have a cold, plugged sinus. It will bubble and help to kill the bacteria. Hold for a few minutes, and then blow your nose into a tissue.

9. If you have a terrible toothache and cannot get to a dentist right away, put a capful of 3% peroxide into your mouth and hold it for ten minutes several times a day. The pain will lessen greatly.

10. And of course, if you like a natural look to your hair, spray the 50/50 solution on your wet hair after a shower and comb it through. You will not have the peroxide-burnt blonde hair like the hair dye packages but more natural highlights if your hair is a light brown, reddish, or dirty blonde. It also lightens gradually, so it's not a drastic change.

11. Put half a bottle of peroxide in your bath to help rid boils, fungus, or other skin infections.

12. You can also add a cup of peroxide instead of bleach to a load of whites in your laundry to whiten them. If there is blood on clothing, pour it directly on the soiled spot. Let it sit for a minute, then rub it and rinse with cold water.. Repeat if necessary.

13. I use peroxide to clean my mirrors. There is no smearing.

• Poetic Warrior 2009/05/08 01:07:09
    Poetic Warrior
    +5
    I knew some of the things that you posted but not all of them. Thanks for the info.

• 1239631 2010/11/06 04:12:20
    1239631
    Great info! thank you so much!!
  • Jo 2009/05/11 16:40:03
    Jo
    The only thing I wouldn't use is peroxide on healthy tissue -- I was told by a doctor that it damages healthy tissue
  • Caca 2009/05/10 19:15:42
    Caca
    i knew everything but the hair thing u said and the mirrors.... but i dont get peroxide i use alcohol....
  • Morning Bird 2009/05/10 05:19:35
    Morning Bird
    +1
    Another use for it and one I use often is to soak old stained dishes in it to lift the old tea or coffee stains right out of teacups and saucers, etc. A wonderful way to safely bring old dishes back to life ;-) dishes lift tea coffee stains teacups saucers safely dishes life
  • Terry J Vey 2009/05/09 07:36:10
    Terry J Vey
    +1
    I got this e-mail awhile back thanx for shareing it with many others.I really don't know almost everything but it was my only yes option
  • Adolf Obama 2009/05/09 05:00:41
    Adolf Obama
    That is good info. I am going to look into it more.
  • ivan 2009/05/09 02:42:42
    ivan
    good stuff
  • Mrs. V 2009/05/09 01:34:31
    Mrs. V
    I did know about using it for counter tops, wooden cutting boards and toothbrushes and cuts. Great advice. I will use it all the time for those other items
  • momma-on-the-hit-list 2009/05/09 00:51:10
    momma-on-the-hit-list
    didn't know about the tooth ache, i have used it on my dog, she is large, so a 5 gal bucket warm h2o 1/2 box 20 mule team borax and 1 cup peroxide, soak in tub and pour over the dog let it air dry, 1 a day till gone (depends how bad, then 1 x week , only had to do this once, kills the infections on the skin, heals the bites from flees that cause nerve damage, (mine was bad) and killed 85 % of the flees they smother when the borax is ingested, there's no defense for them, people use it for mange,summers coming so i thought this would help
  • momma-o... momma-o... 2009/05/09 00:54:23
    momma-on-the-hit-list
    forgot we use it for blood stains to, accidents do happen.
  • g!anna 2009/05/08 20:35:17
    g!anna
    my parents use bleach in the pool instead of buying all the expensive chlorine products. it does the exact same thing as chlorine. i also use peroxide as mouthwash =)
  • FUBOwear 2009/05/08 19:43:58
    FUBOwear
    +1
    I knew a few of the facts, passed on from my grandmother.
  • RealityApologist 2009/05/08 19:11:58
    RealityApologist
    +1
    It's worth pointing out that only very dilute hydrogen peroxide is safe for direct use--the 3% solution you usually find in stores is great, but I wouldn't advise using (say) the 10% solution as a mouthwash.
  • Lanikai 2009/05/08 17:35:24
    +1
    This is great information, thanks for sharing it with us.
  • veronica gibson 2009/05/08 16:30:26
    veronica gibson
    +1
    peroxide is a lot better for you, especially as a cleansing agent. when you're dealing with hair, we tend to use bleach just because people are more familiar with it. but bleach fries and breaks the hair. it's really not good for you.
  • thetruth 2009/05/08 15:50:10
    thetruth
    +2
    info ill pass

Blessings ...
  • Zorro 2009/05/08 14:28:28
    Zorro
    +2
    Peroxide is great stuff, it's good for cleaning your ears and removing excess wax too, not that I have that problem.
  • turtledove123 2009/05/08 14:07:21 (edited)
    turtledove123
    +1
    I knew about the rinsing of the mouth, and I know that you can put it on cuts, and I knew that you can use it to disinfect things. However, I didnt know about the use of it for cleaning. I use vinegar water for my windows and my mirrors. I also soak veggies in a mild vinerar and water solution to help make sure they are clean. You can also take a little vinegar everyday to keep you fit and moving! I love the natural, and (cheaper) solutions. Great, imformative post. Thanks
  • skullz 2009/05/08 13:42:16
    skullz
    +2
    My dentist told me to use the Whitening Pre-Rinse. Not because ofthe Whitening but because of the Peroxide to heal my Gums.

Good Info.
  • FREED Speaks Up 2009/05/08 12:35:32
    FREED Speaks Up
    +1
    Dan, great information. I had heard of one or two things but not all. Thanks!
  • cccoke 2009/05/08 12:32:10
    cccoke
    I knew a few of them :-) Thanks
  • pbird49 2009/05/08 12:28:51
    pbird49
    +2
    Just a quick note. Please don't mix peroxide with bleach to see if you can get a nice mixture of both.
    They are not chemically affinitive (they exploded away from each other).
  • Nick 2009/05/08 10:30:32
    Nick
    Cool. Never knew many of these and it surely sounds safer. Will print it off and try some of these out. Peroxide is much cheaper too! Thanks Dan!
  • The Dinker 2009/05/08 06:18:15
  • chigger7141 2009/05/08 05:50:21
    chigger7141
    thanks!
  • Sadie100~In God we trust~ 2009/05/08 05:21:51
    Sadie100~In God we trust~
    +1
    Yes I knew some of them, and they work!!!!!
  • Caca Sadie10... 2009/05/10 19:16:47
    Caca
    +1
    soak anything in bleach and it will whiten and shine and clean anything...
  • Sadie10... Caca 2009/05/12 06:40:00
    Sadie100~In God we trust~
    That's a good reminder....and it's cheap too !!
  • Caca Sadie10... 2009/05/12 23:34:18
    Caca
    yup
  • myssabz 2009/05/08 05:17:18
    myssabz
    Thanks Dan. I am going to print this off and share it and tape it to my wall.. some good ideas.
    I discovered it works quite well on blood when one of my sons was 3 and took a dive and had blood spurting out his mouth and nose. The blood got all over his brand new shirt. When we got back from emergencey I took his shirt off and doused it with peroxide and folded it up in a ball while I went to finish fixing dinner. I forgot about it until morning and gasped because I thought the blood would be all dried out and stained, but when I unfolded the shirt, the blood was completely gone! I couldnt believe it. So for fresh blood stains it works wonders. Once the item has been washed its not so good.
  • Chelle 2009/05/08 04:47:47
    Chelle
    Thanks for the info.
  • cmdrbnd007 2009/05/08 04:33:01
    cmdrbnd007
    Lot's of good, helpful advice here. However, peroxide is no longer being applied to open wounds, it kills the the good tissue that is trying to repopulate the wound. But I like the one about putting some in your nose and for sanitizing things. You know, though, that little bottle holds what, less than a quart of fluid for about a dollar that makes it over 4 dollars for a gallon which is quite a bit more than bleach.
  • hunter 44 2009/05/08 03:37:11
    hunter 44
    Peroxide is also a main ingredient for explosives.

Every hospital I've been in uses bleach.
  • The Dinker hunter 44 2009/05/08 06:19:33
  • Angel 2009/05/08 03:03:18
    Angel
    good to know ....thanks
  • Redeemed 2009/05/08 02:56:59
    Redeemed
    +1
    Thanks for sharing!
  • bLuE* 2009/05/08 02:56:54
    bLuE*
    i knew maybe a couple. but very helpful! thx!!
  • Daniela 2009/05/08 02:20:51
    Daniela
    +2
    i mix peroxide and a little bakingsoda to whiten my teeth. it works like, immediately 8D
  • Dan Daniela 2009/05/08 02:45:11
    Dan
    +2
    I'll give that a try.
  • Daniela Dan 2009/05/08 22:45:24
    Daniela
    +1
    make sure it the consistency of toothpaste, and brush your teeth with regular toothpaste after. DO NOT SWALLOW IT! and only do it once a week.

2014/12/21 18:00:50