Did the liberals take control of the public education system to brainwash young people?

GoDucks5 2014/01/19 04:02:12

• Kidasha 2014/01/19 04:29:12
    Kidasha
    +16
    Considering the fact that Massachusetts is VERY liberal but yet is listed as one of the smartest states in the country (in terms of percentage of population with college education and International test scores) We liberals must be doing something right.

I should also point out that extremely conservative states like Louisiana, Alabama, Georgia, and Mississippi, all were in the top ten for most dumbest states.

http://www.wbur.org/2013/12/0...
    http://www.listafterlist.com/...

• TheAmericaPartyUSA . 2014/03/30 20:06:33
  • Inquisitor 2014/03/27 12:55:35
    Inquisitor
    get em indoctrinated when they are naïve. Then rake in the profits from their stupid mistakes.
  • big_Guy91 2014/03/25 14:26:27
    big_Guy91
    They have high school students reading der Fuhrer's books in history classes. That's not history, and even if it were it doesn't belong in any class. If you want them to read it, you can give them a list of suggested materials, but forcing them is doing nothing more than brainwashing. But then again, this is Common Core, which means that if it made any more sense than it already does, it would make no sense at all.
  • robinfrans.winkel 2014/03/25 11:46:25
    robinfrans.winkel
    The very idea of PUBLIC education is liberal, so...
  • perks-a real PATRIOT 2014/03/25 11:20:49
    perks-a real PATRIOT
    +1
    That was the plan!!
  • ruralntex 2014/03/25 01:55:06
    ruralntex
    I think we are witnessing an unconscious drift as opposed to anything planned and diabolical. Political correctness has a beach head in public education and the students that they turn out will be more and more politically correct because of that PC toe hold. Without changes to the education system, that will only result in a increasingly pronounced PC drift. Then there are the big teachers unions that want things to stay just like they are or be more PC. To combat that, there needs to be competition for the public schools, and that might mean some educations will be faith based. But alas, education is one place where liberals will fight diversity tooth and nail. They talk the talk but walking the walk is a different thing all together.
  • Billy Smith 2014/03/24 23:42:47
    Billy Smith
    +2
    democrapps are all about power and control.
  • Sofia ☆ Boo-Yah 2014/03/24 23:15:15
    Sofia ☆ Boo-Yah
    No.
  • johnbrenni2009@att.net 2014/03/24 20:28:17
    johnbrenni2009@att.net
    +2
    BUT ONLY SINCE 1992 HAVE I NOTICED IT IN FULL SWING .
  • Emo Rocker 2014/03/24 19:56:08
    Emo Rocker
    +3
    probably, but I don't know enough about it. I do know that it is worse now than it's ever been.
  • Bedarin Sister ... 2014/03/24 21:58:24 (edited)
    Bedarin
    +1
    Sister, not in Catholic schools for sure, but in public schools, yes. catholic nuns teaching a class
  • Sister ... Bedarin 2014/03/24 22:01:16
    your opinion not mine
  • Billy S... Sister ... 2014/03/24 23:46:00
    Billy Smith
    +1
    you know what thev say about opinions dont you?
  • Sister ... Billy S... 2014/03/24 23:48:09
    +1
    I KNOW THIS IS AN OPINION SITE
  • Billy S... Sister ... 2014/03/25 00:05:28
    Billy Smith
    +1
    you are very wise,(grasshopper)
  • Simpattyco 2014/03/24 18:17:52 (edited)
  • Chrisfragger1 2014/03/24 18:03:05
    Chrisfragger1
    +1
    Hard to argue this pointt if you are actually listening to people... Like Hank Johnson, and his theory of Island Capsize, or Sheila Jackson Lee calling the Constitution 400 years old.

How about Melissa Harris-Perry... "We have to break through this “private idea that kids belong to their parents or kids belong to their families,” and instead institute a “collective notion” that kids “are our children,” they belong to the community."

Melanie Griffith ”I didn’t know that 6 million Jews were killed,” the actress told the New York Daily News. ”That’s a lot of people.”

Ke$ha “My placenta. My mom found in my basement, crushed up, and made into a necklace that I wear every day to improve my psychic abilities.”

Joe Biden “When the stock market crashed, Franklin D. Roosevelt got on the television and didn’t just talk about the, you know, the princes of greed. He said, ‘Look, here’s what happened.’”

https://www.youtube.com/watch...
  • Dogzebra~PWCM~JLA 2014/03/24 17:35:11
  • Pedro Doller ~Inc. 2014/03/24 17:32:53
    Pedro Doller ~Inc.
    +2
    They did it so they would grow up to be passive goo.
  • Jesse 2014/03/24 17:16:48
    Jesse
    +4
    Years ago... while you were sleeping.
  • Balladeer-PWCM-POTL 2014/03/24 17:15:35
    Balladeer-PWCM-POTL
    +3
    They support Obama...'nuff said
  • frank 2014/03/24 17:10:50
    frank
    +3
    It sure appears that way. All you need to do is look at want they have turned out in the last 20 years.
  • Mytstar ~PWCM~JLA 2014/03/24 17:10:21
    Mytstar ~PWCM~JLA
  • JDM 2014/03/24 17:03:02
    JDM
    +3
    That's a no brainer, of course they did.
  • Bedarin 2014/03/24 16:59:03
    Bedarin
    +4
    Enter common core . . . it even rewrites the Constitution.

bad common core

bad common core

bad common core

bad common core

bad common core
  • Lilac de Nubia 2014/01/30 23:52:20
    Lilac de Nubia
    I am so tired of hearing that talking point. Has anyone ever noticed that the people who claim this haven't been to school in decades? I graduated just 3 years ago and never saw anything they claim goes on in public school. Nobody ever "indoctrinated" us for either side of the political spectrum; most of my teachers were conservative, not liberal. I can only assume that the people who believe this to be true are living in a bubble
  • JAA Lilac d... 2014/03/25 04:18:02
    JAA
    +1
    That's the really cool thing about "indoctrination", the indoctrinated have no idea it happened.
  • Lilac d... JAA 2014/03/25 05:15:17
    Lilac de Nubia
    Indoctrination is a just a word people use for things they don't like
  • JAA Lilac d... 2014/03/25 05:31:23 (edited)
    JAA
    No, it's a word with an actual meaning (see below). When young people do not question what they are being taught & take it at face value, they are easily manipulated into going in the wrong direction. Liberals say they are "free-thinkers", but that is a lie. They do not look at both sides in a critical, yet objective & thorough manner. The result is an eventual takeover, of the country in which they reside, by tyrants & despots like Lenin, Stalin, Hitler, Castro, Mao, Chavez, Pol Pot, Mussolini & Id Amin, to name the top evil dictators of the last century. It starts with the education of the malleable minds of societies' children. Your generation has been indoctrinated, & your children or grandchildren will one day be turning you in to the government for your beliefs. Ask anyone who has been through it in any country being ruled by a dictator.

You stated in your last post: "Has anyone ever noticed that the people who claim this haven't been to school in decades?" & "I can only assume that the people who believe this to be true are living in a bubble."

I'm a substitute teacher in a conservative state & most of the teachers around me are liberal. I am also an adjunct professor of nursing in a local university, & the professors there are VERY liberal in their thinking. These ideo...&

&

I'm a substitute teacher in a conservative state & most of the teachers around me are liberal. I am also an adjunct professor of nursing in a local university, & the professors there are VERY liberal in their thinking. These ideologies are overtly taught in colleges across the country, & covertly done in the public school systems, beginning with pre-K.

Indoctrination: "the process of inculcating ideas, attitudes, cognitive strategies or a professional methodology (see doctrine). It is often distinguished from education by the fact that the indoctrinated person is expected not to question or critically examine the doctrine they have learned."

Don't let yourself surround yourself in a "bubble" of your own making. Look around, read what is being written here on the internet very, very carefully, & pay attention. You're not too young to start doing something about it if you do not agree with the trends.......
  • Lilac d... JAA 2014/03/25 05:36:22
    Lilac de Nubia
    There are liberals who don't look at both sides, there are also conservatives like that. Believe or not, the young are capable of critical thinking; if they choose to think a different way than you, that is not indoctrination
  • JAA Lilac d... 2014/03/26 06:53:31
    JAA
    Unfortunately, more & more young people do NOT use critical thinking skills, as those are not routinely taught anymore. Indoctrination is not the opposite of thinking the same as me, but it is when a person is not given the "other side" of the argument & are told lies.
  • Lilac d... JAA 2014/03/26 15:31:03
    Lilac de Nubia
    Yeah, and again, I'm saying that has nothing to do with schools. Even if most teachers and professors you've met are liberal, that does not mean they are indoctrinating their students in their beliefs. I'm not sure what "lies" you're talking about here.
  • JAA Lilac d... 2014/03/26 16:15:06
    JAA
    It certainly does mean that children are being indoctrinated. I didn't say they were being hit with a sledgehammer, but the indoctrination is more perverse & subtle. They are being taught the "politically correct" version of history so that no one's feelings are hurt. They're being taught diversity so that white people are perceived as the bad guys. They are being taught that homosexuality is a "good" thing for certain people & that we should embrace immoral behaviors (& no, they don't say it in those obvious terms). They are taught that the Tea Party members are a bunch of has-been older people who are now known as "domestic terrorists". I could go on & on.

If you pay attention to the young people posting on sites like these, you get a pretty good idea of their indoctrination into liberalism, socialism, "share the wealth", anti-religion (actually just anti-Christianity) & bad, bad wall street. Most teachers I've met are very pro-Obama & if their students dare to have a negative opinion of him, those students are ridiculed. Children are also not allowed to write anything about God or Jesus Christ in free-style papers on any subject they choose. I could go on & on.

One of my jobs is as a substitute teacher & nurse at a local high school. I've seen the curriculum & read through their textbooks. I know what the faculty thinks & says. Yes, children ARE being indoctrinated into liberalism.
  • Lilac d... JAA 2014/03/26 16:38:16
    Lilac de Nubia
    Politically correct version of history? How do you mean?

"They being taught diversity so that white people are perceived as the bad guys" Oh, really? I've certainly never thought that any White person was "the bad guy" nor have I ever had a teacher or said such a thing, covertly or otherwise. there are children who learn that, but it's usually from their families not their schools.

Homosexuality is not taught about in most schools

You seem to believe that the change in ideals is solely on schools, but you forget we live in an era of widespread knowledge and mass media. These young people you criticize are more likely to get their views from media than they are from what some professor or teacher, or perhaps, they come from families who espouse those views and so adopted them as their own.

You mention anti-religion? On a forum I frequent, there are a number of atheists, both my age and in the older crowd. Speaking with them, they pretty much came into atheism because they themselves saw flaws in their religions, which, in this era of wide knowledge, can be discussed at length and lead to their beliefs. And no, it's not just Christianity; most of the ones I know despise Islam as much as they despise Christianity, if not more, because they see it as the ultimate example of bad religion.

...

You say you've met teachers who are pro-Obama? I have and have had teachers who are anti-Obama and they ridicule students who supported him. Tit for tat and all that.

Simply put, if you're going to attack schools and only schools, you're going to fail, because it's more than just that
  • JAA Lilac d... 2014/03/26 16:45:30 (edited)
    JAA
    I'm just going to ask you to be "aware" of what is going in & out of your brain (garbage in/garbage out), & when you become a parent in the distant future, that you pay attention to what they are being taught in school & what is fed to them through the internet & other media. There's no substitute for parental guidance.

There are many books written about the dumbing down of our educational system & the wholly liberal indoctrination, not just in the schools, but on the news & in TV programs. I suggest you read & study them unless you wish to be one of "them" that supports it.

btw, are you an independent, liberal, conservative, or......? I'm just curious. You may be too young to have made that decision yet.
  • Lilac d... JAA 2014/03/26 17:02:51
    Lilac de Nubia
    +1
    You needn't worry; experience has shown me to watch out for bias in media, and consider the source in everything.

I usually identify as independent or moderate
  • JAA Lilac d... 2014/03/26 17:14:48
    JAA
    Good for you!
  • Lilac d... JAA 2014/03/26 15:31:41
    Lilac de Nubia
    My children and grandchildren will be turning me into the government for my beliefs? Do you hear yourself?
  • JAA Lilac d... 2014/03/26 16:20:45 (edited)
    JAA
    Yes, & did you happen to read about Hitler, Stalin, Mao, Mussolini, etc.? Were you told these stories were real, or were you led to believe that their murdering & torturing & enslaving of their people were just made-up stories? It starts with little distortions of the truth, then little lies, then bigger lies, then full-out propaganda, then these evil men take over the country & its citizens.

Citizens of those countries were taught, & are still taught to turn in their parents, their friends, etc. who do not kow tow to the regime's ideology. The government starts surveillance on the people (does this sound familiar?), claiming they are only doing it for our safety. They then start using that information to target certain groups (e.g., Tea Party), then they decide Christians or Jews are to blame for all that ails the country & they start the negative propaganda against them, then the children are "indoctrinated" in our schools to believe this stuff, then they grow up to be adults like yourself who didn't realize they were being fed a load of crap throughout their formative years. These new adults become our leaders & start passing more laws against those targeted groups in the name of safety. Etc., etc., ad nauseum.

I live near Arlington, TX, & they encourage their citizens to tur...&

I live near Arlington, TX, & they encourage their citizens to turn each other in if they see any laws being broke, particularly when we're out in our cars. Doesn't that sound weird to you? So, yes, I "hear" myself, & I hope you do, too.

2014/07/29 16:55:04