Did The Jewish God Yahweh have a wife?(Video)

☥☽✪☾DAW ☽✪☾ 2011/05/30 15:30:22

SLIDESHOW: God Has a Wife

1 of 2

Did God Have a Wife

Answer is yes
  1. Did God Have a Wife

Did God Have a Wife

Answer is yes

2. Did God Have a Wife?

Did God Have a Wife?

Did God Have a Wife?

Religion seems to have a way of making people abandon logic
Most men would kill the truth if truth would kill their religion.  ~Lemuel K. Washburn, Is The Bible Worth Reading
Religion supports nobody.  It has to be supported.  It produces no wheat, no corn; it ploughs no land; it fells no forests.  It is a perpetual mendicant.  It lives on the labors of others, and then has the arrogance to pretend that it supports the giver.
Millions of innocent men, women and children, since the introduction of Christianity, have been burnt, tortured, fined and imprisoned; yet we have not advanced one inch towards uniformity. -Thomas Jefferson,
The Book of Jeremiah written circa 628 BC possibly refers to Asherah when it uses the title "queen of heaven
We will ... burn incense to the Queen of Heaven and pour  Jeremiah 44.15-17ut drink offerings to her, as we have done, we and our fathers, our kings and our princes, in the cities of Judah and in the streets of Jerusalem

God had a wife, her name is Asherah, whom the Book of Kings suggests was worshiped alongside Yahweh in his temple in Israel, according to an Oxford scholar Raphael Patai.

The Book of Jeremiah written circa 628 BC possibly refers to Asherah when it uses the title "queen of heaven" (Hebrew: לִמְלֶכֶת הַשָּׁמַיִם‎) in Jer 7:18 and Jer 44:17–19, 25.

heaven hebrew jer 718 jer 441719 25 nbsp nbsp nbsp

In 1967, Raphael Patai was the first historian to mention that the ancient Israelites worshiped both Yahweh and Asherah. The theory has gained new prominence due to the research of Francesca Stavrakopoulou, who began her work at Oxford and is now a senior lecturer in the department of Theology and Religion at the University of Exeter.

Information presented in Stavrakopoulou's books, lectures and journal papers has become the basis of a three-part documentary series, now airing in Europe, where she discusses the Yahweh-Asherah connection.

"You might know him as Yahweh, Allah or God. But on this fact, Jews, Muslims and Christians, the people of the great Abrahamic religions, are agreed: There is only one of Him," writes Stavrakopoulou in a statement released to the British media. "He is a solitary figure, a single, universal creator, not one God among many ... or so we like to believe."

statement released british media solitary figure universal creator god nbsp

After years of research specializing in the history and religion of Israel, however, I have come to a colorful and what could seem, to some, uncomfortable conclusion that God had a wife," she added.

Stavrakopoulou bases her theory on ancient texts, amulets and figurines unearthed primarily in the ancient Canaanite coastal city called Ugarit, now modern-day Syria. All of these artifacts reveal that Asherah was a powerful fertility goddess.

city ugarit modern-day syria artifacts reveal asherah powerful fertility goddess

Asherah's connection to Yahweh, according to Stavrakopoulou, is spelled out in both the Bible and an 8th century B.C. inscription on pottery found in the Sinai desert at a site called Kuntillet Ajrud.

"The inscription is a petition for a blessing," she shares. "Crucially, the inscription asks for a blessing from 'Yahweh and his Asherah.' Here was evidence that presented Yahweh and Asherah as a divine pair. And now a handful of similar inscriptions have since been found, all of which help to strengthen the case that the God of the Bible once had a wife."

Jews worship Queen of Heaven

"Then ... all the people who dwelt in Egypt ... answered Jeremiah: “We will not listen to you! We will ... burn incense to the Queen of Heaven and pour out drink offerings to her, as we have done, we and our fathers, our kings and our princes, in the cities of Judah and in the streets of Jerusalem. For then we had plenty of food, were well-off, and saw no trouble."

– Jeremiah 44.15-17

Gods Wife was almost Edited out of the Bible

trouble nbsp jeremiah 44 15-17 nbsp gods wife edited bible

Also significant, Stavrakopoulou believes, "is the Bible's admission that the goddess Asherah was worshiped in Yahweh's Temple in Jerusalem. In the Book of Kings, we're told that a statue of Asherah was housed in the temple and that female temple personnel wove ritual textiles for her."

J. Edward Wright, president of both The Arizona Center for Judaic Studies and The Albright Institute for Archaeological Research, told Discovery News that he agrees several Hebrew inscriptions mention "Yahweh and his Asherah."

"Asherah was not entirely edited out of the Bible by its male editors," he added. "Traces of her remain, and based on those traces, archaeological evidence and references to her in texts from nations bordering Israel and Judah, we can reconstruct her role in the religions of the Southern Levant."

nations bordering israel judah reconstruct role religions southern levant nbsp

Asherah -- known across the ancient Near East by various other names, such as Astarte and Istar -- was "an important deity, one who was both mighty and nurturing," Wright continued.

"Many English translations prefer to translate 'Asherah' as 'Sacred Tree,'" Wright said. "This seems to be in part driven by a modern desire, clearly inspired by the Biblical narratives, to hide Asherah behind a veil once again."

"Mentions of the goddess Asherah in the Hebrew Bible (Old Testament) are rare and have been heavily edited by the ancient authors who gathered the texts together," Aaron Brody, director of the Bade Museum and an associate professor of Bible and archaeology at the Pacific School of Religion, said.

Asherah as a tree symbol was even said to have been "chopped down and burned outside the Temple in acts of certain rulers who were trying to 'purify' the Religion, and focus on the worship of a single male god, Yahweh," he added.

temple acts rulers purify religion focus worship male god yahweh

The ancient Israelites were polytheists, Brody told Discovery News, "with only a small minority worshiping Yahweh alone before the historic events of 586 B.C." In that year, an elite community within Judea was exiled to Babylon and the Temple in Jerusalem was destroyed. This, Brody said, led to "a more universal vision of strict monotheism: one god not only for Judah, but for all of the nations.

destroyed brody universal vision strict monotheism god judah nations nbsp

March 18, 2011 -- Yahweh, God in the Old Testament, had a wife named Asherah, who was worshiped at Yahweh's temple in Jerusalem until its destruction. Her removal from sacred texts led to the creation of a strict monotheism that prevails into the modern era

A scapula inscribed with the name of the goddess Asherah

monotheism prevails modern era nbsp nbsp scapula inscribed goddess asherah

Asherah was usually given the name Baalat. Inscriptions from two locations in southern Palestine seem to indicate that she was also worshiped as the consort of Yahweh.

http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/38192/Asherah

locations southern palestine worshiped consort ofnbspyahweh nbsp httpwww britannica comebcheckedtopic38192asherah

Read More: http://news.discovery.com/history/god-wife-yahweh-...

• Emanon 2011/05/30 15:47:56 (edited)
    Millions of innocent men, women and children, since the introduction of Chris...
    Emanon
    +11

Remember that part of history when we were killing anyone who did not convert to our faith? Remember when we would kill whole villages of heretics who dared not believe in what we did? Remember when we would burn down religious temples and steal the money? Remember when we would burn people at the stake for saying that they took their teachings from nature? Remember when we would preach love while condemning everything we disagreed with?

Good, neither do we.

-The Christians

• PEEPL 2012/01/12 03:44:26
    Most men would kill the truth if truth would kill their religion. ~Lemuel K....
    PEEPL
    +1
    Interesting but not surprising. Many other gods and redeemers were created through the ages and the bible has borrowed (stolen) a lot of terms.
  • Wonder Woman 2011/11/26 23:11:35 (edited)
  • Illjwamh 2011/11/26 12:55:49
    Illjwamh
    +1
    This - particularly the bit at the end about angels, Mary and the saints - is all what I've been saying for years and years. Yet there were a few things in that video (I watched the entire hour) that I didn't already know, and they were fascinating to learn about.
  • RosaLuxemburg 2011/11/25 17:05:32
    The Book of Jeremiah written circa 628 BC possibly refers to Asherah when it ...
    RosaLuxemburg
    +1
    I see Jewish women have been afflicted by big pendulous breasts for a very long time. Such a curse,
  • Ruadon 2011/11/25 03:52:07
    We will ... burn incense to the Queen of Heaven and pour Jeremiah 44.15-17ut...
    Ruadon
    I have read that some ancient texts point to the idea that Lucifer was a female, and the wife of YHWH
  • ☥☽✪☾DAW... Ruadon 2011/11/25 04:00:25 (edited)
    ☥☽✪☾DAW ☽✪☾
    +3
    Doubt that more like that the Bible God is actually Lucifer
    Think about it bible god tells people not to kill but then orders them to kill in his name
    and rape and torture and approves of slavery and incest and do Genocide against the true worshippers of God
  • Ruadon ☥☽✪☾DAW... 2011/11/25 04:42:51
    Ruadon
    +1
    I don't know about that, though I can't dispute the evils perpetrated in the name of "God"
  • D.C. Wi... Ruadon 2011/11/25 05:21:36
    D.C. Willis
    +2
    If you read the book of exodus you will see that when God told Moses to take the Children of Israel and go, he would not go with them.

Exodus 33:3 “Go up to a land flowing with milk and honey; for I will not go up in your midst, lest I consume you on the way, for you are a stiff-necked people”.

Yet there was a God with them the entire time. Who was it? He is name is Mastema if my theory is correct. Which is the only demon listed by name in the original text but was later erased from the translation.

Jubilees 48:2 “And thou thyself knowest what he spake into thee on Mount Sinai, and what Prince Mastema desired to do with thee when thou wast returning into Egypt on the way when thou didst meet him at the lodging-place.”

Mastema is probably the son of Azazel, a fallen angel, which left his place and did not actually fall.

Most people will say that the name Azazel does not appear in the Bible. That is correct to a degree. It appears in some versions like the American Standard Version 1901, The Jewish Study Bible(Tanakh Translation)and I am certain that there are others. Most of the translations of the Bible uses the word “Scape goat” instead of the name “Azazel”. But in the book of Leviticus, the actual Hebrew word that is used
    in the original text is Azazel.

Leviticus 16: 8 Then Aaron s...

in the original text is Azazel.

Leviticus 16: 8 Then Aaron shall cast lots for the two goats: one lot for the LORD and the other lot for the scapegoat.

Leviticus 16:10 But the goat on which the lot fell to be the scapegoat shall be presented alive before the LORD, to make atonement upon it, and to let it go as the scapegoat into the wilderness.

Moses was tricked by a demon and that is why there is so much evil in the bible. Remember that the word "Satan" only means "Adversary" I am demonstrating that his actual name is Azazel and his offspring seems to be Mastema.

passover

It is hard to give a crash course on a blog response, sorry!
  • Ruadon D.C. Wi... 2011/11/25 05:59:27
    Ruadon
    +1
    quite alright lol I have studied some of this when I was in seminary, though of course the main idea was that this was hokum, but... I try to keep myself open to any knowledge
  • D.C. Wi... Ruadon 2011/11/25 06:24:27
    D.C. Willis
    +1
    Some seminaries try to explain this as faulty information but they have an agenda. Everything that I point out is known by scholars but it is information that the churches down play.

I have put in over a decade in studying the material. I am not bragging but try to show that I have some knowledge of the texts, both canonical and non-canonical.

What I have found is very disturbing to say the least.

bart

If I can help with any other questions, please feel free to ask.
  • Ruadon D.C. Wi... 2011/11/25 06:32:17
    Ruadon
    +2
    yeah I agree with the agenda thing, it was why I never became a pastor, though by law my ordination still stands, as I have merely had a "doctrinal dispute" with my ordaining body. I do my best to study these things myself, weighing the evidence critically, rather than believing one source
  • D.C. Wi... Ruadon 2011/11/25 06:48:43
    D.C. Willis
    +2
    I myself am ordained and have friends that are doctors of theology and religious studies as well as Pastors. I have spent many hours in debate and study of the texts. I even began studying Hebrew so that I could read the original texts rather than translating it from the concordance.

If I can help you with your studies, feel free to shoot me a private message and I will share what I know.
  • Ruadon D.C. Wi... 2011/11/25 06:53:14
    Ruadon
    +1
    I may just do that thanks
  • D.C. Wi... Ruadon 2011/11/25 06:54:16
    D.C. Willis
    +2
    No problem. ;-))
  • Wonder ... Ruadon 2011/11/26 23:24:10
  • Wonder ... D.C. Wi... 2011/11/26 23:19:59 (edited)
  • D.C. Wi... Wonder ... 2011/11/27 00:00:22
    D.C. Willis
    +1
    "The blueprint of human thought is known as Eden, and Frank Baum used it to write his tale of The Wizard of Oz."

I believe Baum was a Theosophists if I am not mistaken. I am only vaguely familiar with Theosophy. I have been meaning to look into this and hopefully will get around to it soon.
  • Wonder ... D.C. Wi... 2011/11/27 00:18:29
  • D.C. Wi... Wonder ... 2011/11/27 00:41:44
    D.C. Willis
    +1
    I have studied a lot of different things, some of which have touched on things similar to this in the remotest sense. It is obvious that to get a full grasp on the ideology and theories involved in this belief would take some study.

I watched the video, thank you, and I will try to make time to look into this topic a little deeper in the near future. I am always interested in other peoples beliefs.
  • Wonder ... ☥☽✪☾DAW... 2011/11/26 23:19:05
  • Wonder ... Ruadon 2011/11/26 23:17:50
  • Doc Frank stein 2011/11/24 23:47:18 (edited)
    Doc Frank stein
    +1
    Yep! Lol!!
    I am not just of the view, but actually, of the Knowledge that God has a Wife: YES!!!!

In fact, That is the very reason that God has organized us in families ... AND the very reason that He made Adam and Eve as Man and wife from the very beginning!! The problem is that since that time, with all the theories of men running RIFE, we have simply lost our way and lost staX of knowledge and revelation originally known by Adam concerning God and man's purpose down here.
    God has a Wife: Yes; she is known to be our Heavenly Mother, and in Heaven, all the Heavens will bow to her complete Honour and sacredness, come the appropriate time, as designated in the Wisdom of God Himself.
    We are here Practising to become like God and His wife: Yes ... that is what it's all about here :)

And, further, YES; she is a Powerful "fertility Queen"Lol!
    Precisely ... if not, how is it that she had all of us as her own children!!????
    Did you ever think about that one??
    Yes; we are here to learn and practise becoming like our parents in Heaven: that is our Job here :)
  • ☥☽✪☾DAW... Doc Fra... 2011/11/24 23:57:56
    ☥☽✪☾DAW ☽✪☾
    +1
    actually God made adam and Lilith First
    then a second wife then finally Eve
  • Doc Fra... ☥☽✪☾DAW... 2011/11/25 01:06:30
    Doc Frank stein
    +1
    As I said, DAW lol ..."with all the theories of men running RIFE!!!""...
    But let's Pretend that He did give Adam 2 to start with ... the points I have been making are far more advanced principles and comments than when Adam was initially given more than one wife!
    We are talking explaining the very purpose and meaning of our existence down here!!
    WHY were we sent here??
    ... ExceptLOL, that having been given more than one wife at the beginning might also help answer some people's queries on who their children married!!
    So even tho' we say 'the theories of men", perhaps the idea of 2 wives might Better answer some age-old queriesROFL!!! ;)
    And who knows but that although each of us in Heaven, obviously had one Mother, perhaps God has a Multiplicity of wives - after all, many of the Ancients of God had multiple wives :)
  • ☥☽✪☾DAW... Doc Fra... 2011/11/25 03:59:19
    ☥☽✪☾DAW ☽✪☾
    +1
    its in the Torah the jewish bible
    god made lilith and Adam
    lilith rebelled
    god kicked her out
    then a second wife same problem
    then finally Eve
  • Doc Fra... ☥☽✪☾DAW... 2011/11/25 12:00:17 (edited)
    Doc Frank stein
    Lol!
    Maybe it has been misinterpreted and they be really Satan's girlsROFL!!!
    After all, in Heaven [before earthlife and before the earth production], satan was one of the first spirits ever made by God and Wife!!
  • JanHopkins 2011/11/24 10:59:28
    JanHopkins
    +2
    Don't the Jews still celebrate the Sabbath with the woman of the house representing the Queen of Heaven?
  • Doc Fra... JanHopkins 2011/11/25 00:01:27
    Doc Frank stein
    +1
    I'm not sure, but certainly, I believe precisely, that God has a wife - Yes. That is why we are organized in families here - to learn and practise becoming like them.
    She is our Mother in Heaven ... so we have come here to learn to become parents to children - just as our heavenly parents :)
    No wonder the Ancients called her the "Queen of fertility". We are all her children :)
    One day we will all Honour her as we have never honoured anyone else - she is sacred ... and therefore, has been kept out of the picture, until the time is seen fit in the Wisdom of He who is all-wise in Heaven and in earth :)
  • ☥☽✪☾DAW... Doc Fra... 2011/11/25 00:02:39
    ☥☽✪☾DAW ☽✪☾
    +2
    and we pagans worship God and Goddess
    Mabon gaea mother earth
  • Doc Fra... ☥☽✪☾DAW... 2011/11/25 01:10:00
    Doc Frank stein
    Why do you want to call yourself "pagan", DAW??
  • ☥☽✪☾DAW... Doc Fra... 2011/11/25 01:35:50
    ☥☽✪☾DAW ☽✪☾
    +1
    thats my Religion
    Pagan
  • Doc Fra... ☥☽✪☾DAW... 2011/11/25 12:02:03
    Doc Frank stein
    Ok .. you seem to believe in God.
    So I suppose u simply disbelieve the Bible ??
  • ☥☽✪☾DAW... Doc Fra... 2011/11/25 14:28:40
    ☥☽✪☾DAW ☽✪☾
    +3
    the bible is copied from other religions

the creation of world story in genesis is copied from babylonian creation story
    the ten commandments are found in Egyptian book of the dead
    much of the bible stories are copied from other Relgions and cultures
    Sumerians , Babylonians, Greeks, Egyptian, Persians and many others

Even the story of a virgin birth messiah of jesus is copied from these Cultures
  • Doc Fra... ☥☽✪☾DAW... 2011/11/25 22:24:21
    Doc Frank stein
    Well, my Friend, did you ever think that perhaps the REAL reason why they seem similar is simply that they have genuinely common roots?? ... as in the early patriarchal leaders and prophets BEFORE Moses' day, descended from Abraham, who also knew these things that Moses wrote about.
    Adam himself knew about them: according to certain more recently found plates and writings, they all descended from Adam and originally, knew the very same message.
    In effect, they testify that each of these records were genuine and had the same derivations in terms of revelation, despite being far and wide of one another :)
  • ☥☽✪☾DAW... Doc Fra... 2011/11/28 04:41:30
    ☥☽✪☾DAW ☽✪☾
    you can not copy someone elses Religion stories then claim them as your own thats STEALING thou shall not steal
    oh wait the ten commandments are a rip off from Egyptians also

The 10 commandments are a copy from chapter 125 in the Egyptian book of the dead
    Remember MOSES Was Egyptian for 40 years
    http://dwij.org/forum/amarna/...
    There seems to be a similarity between the moral codes of the ancient Egyptians and the early Israelites. The Ten Commandments given by God to Moses on the top of Mount Sinai are clearly set in an Egyptian tradition and would seem to have common roots with the Egyptian Book of the Dead. Except for the first two commandments, we find the same moral rules in the Hebrew Bible that are also found in the Egyptian hieroglyphic writings
  • Doc Fra... ☥☽✪☾DAW... 2011/11/28 07:17:08
    Doc Frank stein
    If u had really read what I said AT ALL, I simply said, quite plainly, they ALL already had those stories within their own handed down historiesLOL
    NOBODY copied anything from anybody!!
    It's only Nonsensicals of TODAY, either trying to make big names for themselves, or simply trying DESPERATELY to prove religion false [so that they have many in their own dismal sorry states before God - company, in other words - fellow-Miserable company] and so that they absolve themselves from any responsibility towards personal repentance ... it is these types that desperately come up with all sorts of Nonsense to excuse themselves and others - pretending to be false messiahs of Moderndom!!! ;)
  • ☥☽✪☾DAW... Doc Fra... 2011/11/28 14:31:03
    ☥☽✪☾DAW ☽✪☾
    if i was to take a book by a famous chef and retitle all the recipes and claim the book as my own I would be Lying

all they did was steal stories from various religions change a few names around and say oh this happened to us
    no it didnt
  • Doc Fra... ☥☽✪☾DAW... 2011/11/28 19:58:24
    Doc Frank stein
    NO! LoL! ... Nah, they didn't, you Ninny
    That's wot I'm saying to you.
    They ran their own histories independently - Entirely
    But 2 things:
    1. Because they each derived from God above, they were the same - or similar
    2. They came down from Adam - whom we are ALL descended from.
    Their themes were handed down by word of mouth ancientlyLOL
    They are not like you and me in their cultures
    You blokes assume too much that is really only just TODAY!! :(
    In John 1:1 it is rather clear that there was another being at the time of creation.

"In [the] beginning the Word was, and the Word was with God, and the Word was a god. 2 This one was in [the] beginning with God."

Although many refer to this personage of the "Word" as being Jesus in his spirit creature state as being the First of all creation and all other things were brought into existance by this personage of the Word via the active force of God weilded by the personage of the Word.

This clip could very easily be a real exposure of the idea of the "mother of god" worship of the RCC and others that consider Mary a holy person.
  • ☥☽✪☾DAW... sjalan 2011/11/24 16:15:39
    ☥☽✪☾DAW ☽✪☾
    +2
    many times in the bible God makes Reference to other Gods

2014/07/22 15:28:04