Did the FBI wait too long to notify Congress about the investigation into General Petraeus?

Fox Report with Shepard Smith 2012/11/12 17:03:40
The FBI failed to immediately notify the White House and Congress when it found out that ex-CIA Director David Petraeus was involved in an extramarital affair. Now, the Senate Intelligence Committee will investigate why it took the FBI so long to inform them.

fbi

Read More: http://www.foxnews.com/on-air/shepard-smith/index....

• juanito 2012/12/01 00:20:18
    juanito
    +1
    From K Street to Pennsylvania Avenue, relationships between the power elite of Washington, D.C. are largely defined by a pervasive underground sex culture, says one reporter.
    http://www.businessinsider.co...
  • rebeccasrevenge 2012/11/28 10:21:18
    rebeccasrevenge
    I don't think they should have had an investigation to begin with,what with all the crap going on in the world today I think it a colossal waste of man power into what is for all intents and purposes NO ONES business except those directly involved.BFD!
  • ehrhornp 2012/11/27 02:37:20
    ehrhornp
    probably not. Congress doesn't need to know everything.
  • Little Angel 2012/11/27 02:33:29
    Little Angel
    The FBI always waits too long to notify Congress or Americans about anything. Even then I am not too sure they are always truthful about the information they give Congress and the Americans.
  • sean.bennington1 2012/11/26 06:23:15
    sean.bennington1
    They should have taken the hobbits to Isengard!
  • MsDianna 2012/11/20 01:44:12
    MsDianna
    did they know who all was involved and with whom? Who were they suppose to trust?
  • Steve 2012/11/18 04:45:27
  • Marek 2012/11/15 22:02:14
    Marek
    They should have finished the investigation first.
    I am convinced that General Petraeus was set up as was general Allen. It is shaping up as obama purges of the top military leadership in an effort to place mediocre officers at the top who owe their promotions to obama and are likely to be personally loyal to him instead of the country. History gives us examples of such purges when Hitler and Stalin replaced their military leaders with sycophants.
  • Adakin Valorem~PWCM~JLA 2012/11/15 19:31:46
    Adakin Valorem~PWCM~JLA
    The FBI knew about the affair 18 months ago, back when they first vetted the General for his new job as CIA director. But as Broadwell was also a military officer with high security clearance, the issue didn't rise to the level of 'disclosure' beyond that of certification for the job. Obviously Obama had to have known, as he was the one that appointed Petraeus to the post of CIA director. The current disclosure is simply a rouse to discredit whatever statement or testimony the General may make regarding the Benghazi attack that occured on his watch.
  • Ozzyboy 2012/11/15 18:52:13
    Ozzyboy
    It's all just a bunch of lies, smoke screens and cover ups being used for political gain.

There doesn't seem to be an honest one in the whole group.
  • dude 2012/11/15 16:49:02
    dude
    The NEW "War on Women" by Women. For all the great female types out there that are at the top of their game that wont be remembered because of the women that use sex to get what they want.
  • Tackytiger 2012/11/15 09:43:13
    Tackytiger
    She is just a sycophantic military bimbo with a penchant for over-inflated macho-man egos. Of course he thinks he's gods gift to women with everybody licking his balls all day. Reality check required.
  • yabbadabbadoo 2012/11/15 08:48:51 (edited)
    yabbadabbadoo
    +1
    this is just a cover up but the sheep will never notice it
  • sean.be... yabbada... 2012/11/26 06:24:47
    sean.bennington1
    +3
    that's why we must take the hobbits to Isengard!
  • jere.chievres 2012/11/15 05:31:30 (edited)
    jere.chievres
    They did. Not only that mhas has bad taste in Women, that slut is fugly/
  • IndyLinda 2012/11/15 03:11:14
    IndyLinda
    +1
    This sitch stinks of a hidden agenda.
  • Chris La 2012/11/15 02:24:05
    Chris La
    +2
    Congresscritters can't keep secrets. Actually no one in Washington can. The FBI was running a criminal investigation on a national security figure. They had no business sharing information with Senator Chatty and they did not.
  • BlackwinterG36C 2012/11/15 00:50:55
    BlackwinterG36C
    +3
    Isn't it just convenient timing that this thing comes out AFTER the election.
  • doofiegirl BTO-t- BCRA-F ~... 2012/11/14 22:32:56 (edited)
    doofiegirl  BTO-t- BCRA-F ~PWCM~
    +2
    The following is a quote from a news article I just read. The FBI didn't wait too long! The darned REPUBLICANS already knew, and did nothing! "A week before the election, an FBI whistleblower went to a Republican member of Congress with explosive details about a national security scandal that could have stopped President Obama’s re-election campaign dead in its tracks. But the potentially devastating “October Surprise” was hushed up by Republicans." GOPUSA http://www.gopusa.com/comment... http://www.sodahead.com/fun/p...
  • Jade 2012/11/14 21:03:05 (edited)
    Jade
    +1
    the American people were fooled by Obama on Libya and by and with the FBI. We should demand a new election on the grounds of no competence of Obama. He stated for 60 minutes American lives in Libya were not a political issue.I wonder if he thinks it is now. None of this adultery stuff is about that, it is the old switch and bait (don't look over there, look over here), yes we should demand a new election and an impeachment. Anyone who voted for him should realize by now, with all that he has failed to do, all the promises he broke and now this, that he is not suited to lead this country and that they were made fools of. Have some back bone people. Open your eyes, get pissed, but get pissed where it belongs!

By the way, I want to inform a lot of people who are unaware, Christopher Stevens, the U.S. ambassador to Libya was horribly tortured before he died, something many do not know, as the press as tried very hard to cover it up, prob, at least I hope, out of respect for his family, since it involved rape. So belittling me over a typo Mr. Connor, does not solve anything, and their are a lot of Americans that face real threats and your little comment, and that you think it would injure me, really, think about what Mr. Stevens went through and the other men who were there. Care about your fellow Americans. Its the patriotic thing to do.
  • Connor ... Jade 2012/11/15 22:19:15
    Connor June
    Libra? and by and with? Please, try to write clearly, and people like me might take you seriously.
  • Jade Connor ... 2012/11/16 15:56:28
    Jade
    wow I had a typo, but you knew what I meant or you would not have responded. Hit a nerve....
  • gatelime 2012/11/14 19:30:42
    gatelime
    +1
    I don't know about the FBI waiting too long, I'm just looking at Petraeus's wife and than looking at his girl friend Paula Broadwell, I think any red-blooded American man would have done the same...

Lesson girls/women...Take care of yourself, mix in a salad sometimes and take a walk once in awhile...
  • JOHNNY gatelime 2012/11/14 21:09:08
    JOHNNY
    Listen guys !!!! Why was he not banging the gal that sent the emails ? She looks hot !!!
  • jere.ch... JOHNNY 2012/11/15 05:35:58
    jere.chievres
    He was banging her .That what started it.
  • JOHNNY jere.ch... 2012/11/16 01:48:10
    JOHNNY
    +1
    Ok then !
  • gracious43 gatelime 2012/11/15 18:31:37
    gracious43
    +1
    Paula is twenty years younger than Holly. Eating salads is not going to fix that sad reality.
  • rebecca... gatelime 2012/11/28 10:28:10
    rebeccasrevenge
    I do so hope you follow your own advice lest your better half follow her red blooded instincts
  • gatelime rebecca... 2013/02/05 13:45:03
    gatelime
    +1
    You know what, I don't adhere to my own advise. I think I better start eating better and jump on the treadmill...Thanks for turning the tables on me...I don't want to loose my wife to some grubby guy that doesn't deserve her...I've got to go and you know where to...
  • rebecca... gatelime 2013/02/07 19:52:46
    rebeccasrevenge
    That grubby guy doesn't stand a chance
  • dheydrick 2012/11/14 18:32:07
    dheydrick
    +4
    The FBI waited until after the election. Gee, what a big surprise. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out who made that request.
  • judge 2012/11/14 18:15:53 (edited)
    judge
    Blackmail. Blackmail Blackmail
  • oldcavpilot 2012/11/14 18:09:46
    oldcavpilot
    +1
    He hadn't broken any laws. Does the FBI report to the White House daily on investigations into people's personal lives? The issue is moral, not National Security.
  • Gwen oldcavp... 2012/11/14 20:46:44
    Gwen
    +1
    um...when his mistress has classified documents on her computer....it is a security breach...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com...
  • Adakin ... Gwen 2012/11/15 19:42:09 (edited)
    Adakin Valorem~PWCM~JLA
    +2
    Gwen, "his mistress" ...Lieutenant Colonel Paula Broadwell... served in the United States Army and is currently in the United States Army Reserve. She was promoted to her current rank in August 2012

Having classified docs is not unusual for someone in her position. BTW - the FBI knew about the affair 18 months ago when the General was fully vetted for the job of CIA Director. IMO, the WH is going public with this so as to discredit anything Petraeus says at the Benghazi hearing.
  • Gwen Adakin ... 2012/11/15 20:16:35
    Gwen
    +2
    I recently learned this time frame as well. I haven't heard yet tho...if the classified documents align with her position and rank.

I do think the whole point of this....is about Petraeus and the influence...or nature of his testimony...
  • Adakin ... Gwen 2012/11/17 05:17:45 (edited)
    Adakin Valorem~PWCM~JLA
    I find it interesting that the words "Lieutenant Colonel" are nowhere to be found on the story you referenced from Reuters who distributed the story to the Huff-Post.

The objective appears to be simply to point fingers at the attractive and athletic looking woman instead of pointing out that she is an accomplished journalist, author and "Lieutenant Colonel"... but none of that is mentioned when all that is needed by the WH is an attractive woman and the implication that the famous General's Little Head was doing all the thinking for his Big Head.
  • Gwen Adakin ... 2012/11/17 13:14:53
    Gwen
    +1
    In the last 24 hours...I have come to believe...it is really nothing about Petraeus..or the "attractive women" involved. The Petraeus issue was known about for months apparentlyThe timing of the broader knowledge is curious. It is about the White House aka the Prez who is trying to divert our attention from the real story and the truth about actions ..or lack thereof taken when Americans were murdered...and ultimately...the real problem: the cover up of knowing one thing...and saying something and telling people to say something entirely different to congress and the American people.
  • Adakin ... Gwen 2012/11/18 01:54:27
    Adakin Valorem~PWCM~JLA
    +1
    A friend of my father worked part time as a magician for kids birthdays and shows, etc. He was especially good with card tricks and pulling coins etc out of thin air. It was fun to watch when I was a little girl, but as an older teen I was interested in how he did it. His answer was "always watch the hand that isn't doing anything".

General Petraeus is the hand that is waving in the air for all of us to watch, while the magician in the WH has his other hand hiding his cards...
  • Chris La oldcavp... 2012/11/15 02:31:20 (edited)
    Chris La
    +2
    Adultury is a violation of the Uniform Code of Military Conduct. You can go to prison for this at any rank. When you are highly ranked with a national security clearance even a civilian is investigated, and should be. If you make yourself vulnerable to blackmail while you are handling top secret anything the FBI is going to knock on your door.
    . Finally, there is always the danger of having US secrets whispered into the wrong ear. Unfortunately for the General that last part happened. Warrants are being served for computers and files at his GIRLFRIEND's unsecured residence as we speak. American secrets were in a private residence waiting for any ordinary burglar to steal them. And no, the girlfriend had no security clearance and yes, that man is in serious hot water.

2014/07/25 16:03:29