Did Romney just successfully play the NAACP like a tambourine

Reichstolz 2012/07/12 06:21:10
YES
NO
While it is blatantly apparent to anyone with a brain the best Romney can hope for is to strip maybe 3-5% away from Obama, of the monochromatic black vote.
Why did he go?
Was it to prove a point, that he is a more fearless leader than Obama, who is not attending by the way?
Was it to try and show the NAACP that while their organization, by title, is racist, they are an important part of a presidential run, if so again why is Obama sending gaff prone Biden?
Was it to show the American people how hypocritical the left and its lockstep organizations are?

I feel that Romney's attendance at the NAACP event was to do nothing more than play this Obama sycophant hoard like a tambourine.

• Charge 2012/07/12 15:03:42
    YES
    Charge
    +1
    He sure proved they vote "democrat black" no matter what.
    vote democrat black
  • Wyzard 2012/07/12 14:24:25
    YES
    Wyzard
    +1
    He made fools of the NAACP!
  • Sport_Geoff 2012/07/12 12:26:03
    YES
    Sport_Geoff
    +2
    I think Romney had no choice....it was a catch 22 situation. If he declined the invitation to speak the media would have slammed him as not caring about the African American vote. If he went and pandered with softball rhetoric telling them what they want to hear he would have been slammed by the media.

He handled it exactly as he should have. He presented the same message he does no matter what group he is talking to.

How come no media outlet is hammering on the fact that Obama didnt attend and sent his stooge Biden instead? That's says a lot about Obama and his perception that he has the African American vote in his pocket. Wonder how the NAACP feels about Obama taking time to suck up to La Raza and the Latino community but not an organization that exist only for promoting his races issues and equal rights.
  • mwg0735 2012/07/12 10:24:38
  • A Founding Father 2012/07/12 08:51:56
    NO
    A Founding Father
    He did prove once again what an inept politician he really is. He wanted to taunt them, of course. The black population of the U.S. has lost more than 60% of its wealth and assets since 1983, while Mitten's friends and neighborhood has more than tripled their assets and wealth, taking from the poorest for themselves. He has an elevator for his automobile and many of them live in walk-up flats sometimes eight or ten stories high. He has starched white shirts and they have colored T-Shirts. He has hand made Alligator shoes and they have soiled Adidas. He has money hidden away in the Bahamas and Swiss accounts and they have Food Stamp cards. What can we say in his favor?
  • Reichstolz A Found... 2012/07/12 13:24:06
    Reichstolz
    So if you know about his money overseas, is it hidden?
    Considering there was a time in this nation, those who are successful were emulated, now they are blamed for all the unproductive haven't put forth the effort to achieve. You do understand that Mitt and Obama were educated by the same people, the biggest difference that separates them is Mitt actually worked for something other than government, has executive experience, and understands government is not the solution to anything that ails this nation.
  • A Found... Reichstolz 2012/07/12 20:15:19
    A Founding Father
    I'm quite aware of MItten's motives and that he inherited $100 Million from his father who was a politician after earning some modest income in the auto industry. I"ve known a lot of very rich boys who moved on to Wall Street or other places where their inheritances bought them an "executive" title or partnership in a professional firm, then moved on to politicts as life there is probably the least demanding of any in the nation
  • Reichstolz A Found... 2012/07/13 02:26:05
    Reichstolz
    Then you know all his inheritance went to the Church. Sorry you are that ignorant.
  • A Found... Reichstolz 2012/07/13 02:28:27
    A Founding Father
    No, all his inheritance did not go to the church. Where did you get that silly idea?
  • Reichstolz A Found... 2012/07/13 02:44:12
    Reichstolz
    Romney answered, "Well, he didn’t have as much as I think some people anticipated. And I did get a check from my dad when he passed away. I shouldn’t say a check, but I did inherit some funds from my dad. But I turned and gave that away to charity. In this case I gave it to a school which Brigham Young University established in his honor. ... And that’s where his inheritance ended up."

According to a short history of the George W. Romney Institute of Public Management at BYU, the family provided an endowment in 1998, within a few years of George Romney's death.

So, in Romney's own words, he did "inherit some funds" from his dad. But he gave them away.

http://www.politifact.com/tru...
  • A Found... Reichstolz 2012/07/13 02:50:10
    A Founding Father
    Flip flop, flip flop. I inherited "some funds" too which I gave away. I also inherited some funds which I did not give away. You have to read the words carefully and not impute to them what they do not say.
  • Reichstolz A Found... 2012/07/13 05:52:47
    Reichstolz
    Your envy is obviously clouding your cognitive ability, if you have any cognitive ability.
  • Reichstolz 2012/07/12 06:22:24
    YES
    Reichstolz
    +2
    Romney wins again!

2014/09/21 22:12:42