Did President Obama deliver with his speech last night?

Fox Report with Shepard Smith 2012/09/07 14:00:00

• Schläue~© 2012/09/07 14:46:51 (edited)
    Schläue~©
    +38
    All I heard was a lot of desperate pleas not to fire him and the look on the Wookie's face told the story.

While she was standing on the stage with him, you could see the fear and sorrow in her eyes, all knowing that it was going to be a futile effort and the magic of 2008 was nowhere in sight.

• maquignon 2012/09/17 06:05:05
    maquignon
    What could he say? He certainly couldn't boast of his record.
  • Glenda Simpson 2012/09/14 22:57:48
    Glenda Simpson
    +1
    didn't see it, but probably didn't, can't stand the man, he hates America, his wife is worse. can't believe people will actually vote for that man again. Pray he doesn't get re-elected He is selling us out to foriegn nations. Ameriaca will no longer be free as we know it if he gets back in the White House. Think about that people. Are you so blind you can't see how he is destroying us.
  • Nat Turner 2012/09/14 20:18:23
    Nat Turner
    He did an awsome job at it too!
  • homerii 2012/09/14 17:41:29
    homerii
    i expected more lies and he delivered. The truth has not crossed his lips in several years.
  • Dave 2012/09/14 16:33:56
  • Nat Turner Dave 2012/09/14 20:23:22
    Nat Turner
    Well...at leasthe wasn't talking to an empty chair.
  • gregston1 2012/09/14 16:07:12
    gregston1
    +1
    I think it was an okay speech. I'm divided on him. I like it that he got Obama Care (Riverside County Health Care) and I don't have to pay a $5 copay (and I couldn't afford it since I''ve been unemployed for 5 years) PLUS the fact that now my healthcare covers PREVENTIVE Women's health care. If some republican was still in office, I'd still would not be able to get a yearly pap for free - um - less I was having sex. There are certain topics that I don't agree with on Obama, such as jobs. Can he really really "make" employers pay a living wage? I think Congress has more power than the president. It does no good to send people to college to get an education, since an education does NOT promise anyone a good paying job. I think something needs to be done with employers. All they do is pay minimum wage and no one can live on that. If you are single you must room with 4 people to afford it. there must be some kind of regulations in place for employers to pay a living wage and perhaps lower business taxes so they would be ABLE to pay employees say at LEAST $24K a year min. I don't agree that illegal aliens should be given free health care since they are not citizens. They get jobs since they can speak Spanish and here I am with an MBA, was born here and can't get a job since I don't speak Spanish? Something is WRONG with that.
  • I want ... gregston1 2012/09/20 23:11:58
    I want hope
    With your MBA I am sure you can see that most businesses in America are there in name only and this is one of the reasons why our economy is stagnated. Just as our collapse revealed that many companies where not prepared for the fallout and needed government assistance to survive. I remember when it was taught in business class that you must prepare for hard time by putting money aside, but it appears that many of the companies are taking much of the profits out of the company and putting it who knows where. If many of the companies where taking the profits to grow the company, to pay better wages to its employees there would be no stagnating economy or a great number of people unemployed. Congress and companies that are choosing not to grow are the ones truly causing our current state of woes. I see the president as a good messenger trying to deliver from the top a plan that will help all Americans, but here is where things start to fall apart when his plan must pass through congress. You are right that congress truly controls what happens more so than the president. To resolve this issue of getting America going in the right direction the presidents needs all Americans to contact their congressman to let them know that any plan for a better America is a plan that they should...
    With your MBA I am sure you can see that most businesses in America are there in name only and this is one of the reasons why our economy is stagnated. Just as our collapse revealed that many companies where not prepared for the fallout and needed government assistance to survive. I remember when it was taught in business class that you must prepare for hard time by putting money aside, but it appears that many of the companies are taking much of the profits out of the company and putting it who knows where. If many of the companies where taking the profits to grow the company, to pay better wages to its employees there would be no stagnating economy or a great number of people unemployed. Congress and companies that are choosing not to grow are the ones truly causing our current state of woes. I see the president as a good messenger trying to deliver from the top a plan that will help all Americans, but here is where things start to fall apart when his plan must pass through congress. You are right that congress truly controls what happens more so than the president. To resolve this issue of getting America going in the right direction the presidents needs all Americans to contact their congressman to let them know that any plan for a better America is a plan that they should vote for. When our economy collapsed 99% of Americans felt something and some more than others, and now with a slow recovery happening congress is setting on many bills that could help many Americans with a faster recovery, but I find it amazing that so many are not outraged to this very poor performance of congress to act for the good of all Americans.
  • glen gregston1 2012/09/23 22:36:01
    glen
    hello i agree with you to a certain point, you say that it cost you a $5.00 copay to have a pap test,, wow mines a 120.00 wow wish i had your insurance, I`m the wage bracket that that you spoke of making just 25,000 a year and i still have to pay a copay of 120.00 to have it done, it is the doctors appointment fee to get in to have it done. hummmmm no wonder i have it done every 10 yrs,
  • santa6642 2012/09/13 21:33:56
    santa6642
    Same-o same-o, BS
  • pops 2012/09/13 21:19:39
  • Margaret Jacobson 2012/09/13 18:25:11
    Margaret Jacobson
    Don't think so ?? Maybe he will deliver a "PIZZA" next ?? That he can do !!
  • Chuck 2012/09/12 05:45:46
    Chuck
    +1
    SSDD!!! Same S@!% Different Day. Every speech he gives enforces the fact that he is a narcissistic megalomaniacal idiot. He takes personal credit for everything anyone in the government is able to accomplish with any competency and blames the last administration for every fiasco he manages to cause. As a community organizer he was probably just as incompetent.
  • Rod 2012/09/12 01:58:10
    Rod
    That was the worst speech of his political career.
  • I want hope 2012/09/12 01:51:33
    I want hope
    +1
    The reason why I was impressed with Obama when he first came on the scene was his passion for unifying the country. His speech continued to show that need to unite opposed to divide the country for the purpose of just getting elected. For our country to reach its full potential it is time for all Americans to unite for the good of the country. If our country was constantly building instead of stagnating we would not have the troubles we are having to deal with today.
  • larisée I want ... 2012/09/13 12:20:53
    larisée
    +1
    yes it's a very good idéa,alls the persons become nice
  • justsomeguy151 2012/09/11 20:59:21
    justsomeguy151
    Words are just that, words. Hes got nothing to say, that I or any thinking american, wants to hear. He shouldn't not be re-elected, he should be tried for treason or as a foreign usurper. Sad thing is, EVEN if he were to miraculously win, he would STILL blame Bush jr for all our nations problems. The next time he takes responsibility for anything, will be the first time.
  • Insanebane 2012/09/11 19:02:20
    Insanebane
    +1
    Actually I'm undecided with the yes and no answers.

Because every president gets the muddied and still win
    a second term. Ex-President George Bush got put down
    a lot and he still miracled a second term.
  • jo 2012/09/11 15:11:05
    jo
    same old message, just it didn't work the first time. If he was a private company employee, he'd be let go for poor performance.
  • KRE 2012/09/11 15:09:01
    KRE
    +1
    Four more years; how in the world could this man be expected to correct all the problems he inherited in lnly one term?
  • YCare 2012/09/11 01:56:48
    YCare
    how do I say this...........F NO!!! Ahole only good as a car salesman.... love the part he says oh we can do it , but it isn't gonna be easy.......F YOU! He ALWAYS LEAVES AN EXIT.......Sorry the whole time I just imagined him with a Hole in his Head....better off that way......Jerk.
  • larisée YCare 2012/09/13 13:13:08
    larisée
    +1
    hey of who do u speack mr the president or anther boy?
  • larisée larisée 2012/09/13 13:15:45
    larisée
    imagined him with a Hole in his Head....better off that way......Jerk.I completely agree with you
  • larisée larisée 2012/09/13 13:16:04
    larisée
    anther boy?
  • Aurora 2012/09/11 01:55:16
    Aurora
    Obama will not deliver.
  • Tic-Toc 2012/09/11 01:32:00
    Tic-Toc
    Did obama deliver with his speack... I am going to have to say No. 3 or 4 times during it, I got up and went to the door... You guessed it... No Pizza. Damn
  • Nomad Telepath A.M.O.R.C 2012/09/10 22:43:18
    Nomad Telepath A.M.O.R.C
    Hell yeah.
  • tammy carter 2012/09/10 22:31:03
    tammy carter
    The people come up with these question is a Rich Republcain so you really think this man can get jobs and debt within as he said in 4-6 months when he get in office LOL
  • Tic-Toc tammy c... 2012/09/11 01:34:29
    Tic-Toc
    I feel you maybe a touch of a hypocrite... You believed him the first time.
  • larisée Tic-Toc 2012/09/13 13:17:49
    larisée
    not only a lost man
  • Christopher Kirchen 2012/09/10 18:25:00
    Christopher Kirchen
    +4
    Obama delivers less than a maternity ward in an all male town.
  • GrooVy 2012/09/10 17:46:11
    GrooVy
    +1
    Not only was President Obama's speech better then Romney's but nature did not try to shut President Obama's camp down like it did with the "GOP" platform! =D
  • trainfan GrooVy 2012/09/10 19:29:55
    trainfan
    +1
    Hahahahah, hilarious you are! NOT!
  • red GrooVy 2012/09/10 19:34:20
    red
    +3
    Anyone with a brain knows not to listen to Obamanation!

While Obama blasted Bush over the war, he also voted to fund that war with the proviso that Kenya received some of that funding. LOOK IT UP, I DID. I did research Obama's "jobs bills" and found that Harry Reid put a stop to in the senate in 2011... I voted for Obama as my state Senator and waited to see his votes in the senate. After researching his votes, I watched all the debates; and knew he was just saying what he thought Americans wanted to hear. (He's still doing it.) I voted for Hillary, and you can see where that went. I would have voted for Santa Clause after reading his senate record and the bills he voted on. Let’s see, Obama wanted to lower the national debt, it’s now over 16 trillion. Obama wanted to lower the price of gas when it was at 2.50 a gallon, it’s now at $4.00 in Illinois. Obama wanted to close the loop holes in the "TA" programs. Not only has he NOT done that, he's just signed a 'TA' bill with Brazil and Columbia. Obama was going to post the bills on the internet before they were signed so he could be transparent, yet he gave illegal’s amnesty without a vote. How about using his office to protect what happened with ‘Fast and Furious? How many vacations have the Obama’s had while he’s been in offi...

While Obama blasted Bush over the war, he also voted to fund that war with the proviso that Kenya received some of that funding. LOOK IT UP, I DID. I did research Obama's "jobs bills" and found that Harry Reid put a stop to in the senate in 2011... I voted for Obama as my state Senator and waited to see his votes in the senate. After researching his votes, I watched all the debates; and knew he was just saying what he thought Americans wanted to hear. (He's still doing it.) I voted for Hillary, and you can see where that went. I would have voted for Santa Clause after reading his senate record and the bills he voted on. Let’s see, Obama wanted to lower the national debt, it’s now over 16 trillion. Obama wanted to lower the price of gas when it was at 2.50 a gallon, it’s now at $4.00 in Illinois. Obama wanted to close the loop holes in the "TA" programs. Not only has he NOT done that, he's just signed a 'TA' bill with Brazil and Columbia. Obama was going to post the bills on the internet before they were signed so he could be transparent, yet he gave illegal’s amnesty without a vote. How about using his office to protect what happened with ‘Fast and Furious? How many vacations have the Obama’s had while he’s been in office while Americans are suffering? 23 million Americans un-employed or under-employed…Lets not forget the 750 billion Obama took out of Medicaid to fund Obama-care...Maybe if Obama knew how to lead, OUR senate would compromise, but even some Dems can't agree with his policies..
  • CSPAN W... red 2012/09/10 20:58:38
    CSPAN WATCHER
    We can go in to the facts that you've stated. Because the information is incorrect can you provide sources? & I'll do the same..I'll make sure there from nonpartisan sources also..

But what I'd like to ask first is what is the alternate?

Mitt Romney? His policies include more tax cuts that will add 4 trillion to the deficit by his on admission & more deregulations to corporations that have shown by actions they tank the economy if unchecked.

He says he'll balance things by cuts but what cuts? when questioned he refuses to answer..

So what the solution? Anyone can point a finger & say not good enough.. But that solves nothing.
  • red CSPAN W... 2012/09/10 21:17:14
    red
    Actually, I live in Illinois; so I went to Obama’s senate record. I didn’t just skim over them, I read each one…I also watched each debate while comparing what he said, to how he voted…I know how much the gas prices are because theres a gas station on the corner from my house ($4.14).... Did you know one of Obama's (135) Exectutive Orders allows for Russia to have access to Uranium??
  • red CSPAN W... 2012/09/13 18:42:31
    red
    http://votesmart.org/candidat... the site for Obama's senate record. You have to look past the title and read the whole bills...
  • larisée red 2012/09/13 13:27:21
    larisée
    yeah cool it would be cool if it was your child?
  • red larisée 2012/09/13 18:43:24
    red
    What are you talking about? My kids won't vote for him either..
  • MorbidC... GrooVy 2012/09/10 20:23:11
    MorbidCynic
    You make it sound like nature favors certain people, such a belief is delusional.

2014/07/28 08:22:34