Did one or both of Madeleine McCanns parents kill her

Wayne TH G 333 2012/03/07 16:44:38
Yes - She was killed by Gerry or Kate or both
No - She was abducted / killed by person/s unknown

This is quite a serious poll trying to see what peoples opinions on this really are. If you don't know the case you can google it. Madeleines parents were arrested as suspects at one stage but no firm evidence was found that they were responsible. They say that she was snatched from their holiday appartment when they left her alone and went to dinner. No firm evidence for this was found either and the case was eventually closed by the Portuguese police. The case remains one of the biggest mysteries of the 21st century but what do you think happened?

• GELU-CIUDIN-LYING BASTARD 2012/03/10 23:14:40
    GELU-CIUDIN-LYING BASTARD
    +3
    i always said the parents know what happened to her why didn't kate mc'cann answer all police questions,all she replied was no comment..,if you leave your kids home alone in the uk the parents get charged for neglect!.n the kids taken away from them.. in this case i think the mc'canns should of got a charge brought against them for neglect,you don't leave three small kids home alone in a strange country whilst on holiday,just to go out for a quiet meal with friends.. a family holiday is a family holiday,where you involve your kids in everything...

• Riordan Plows 2014/06/03 10:08:53
    Riordan Plows
    +1
    if it was an abduction then there should have been other reported cases in that area where Madeleine was abducted. None in miles. The isolation of this abduction and the behavior is really unusual. why only madeleine, there is no mo. The lack of evidence is only a suggestion of a lack of an intruder/abductor.to pull a house abduction without even a trace would require skilled and a number of people, which is obviously costly. And further supports the idea that there would have definitely been a few cases of abduction in that region. If it was a sole predator then normally he/she function on familiar grounds to perform their sick needs. Again Madeleine would not have only been the sole victim, flags would have been risen in this area, cause these animals have a thirst that can never b quenched. So forgive me, the possible left cause links to these two cowardly creatures that were responsible for taking care of this innocent child.
  • rui 2014/05/07 13:07:03
    rui
    +1
    She was killed by Kate. Gerry found the body and got rid of it.
    The answer is in her diary. Was always there. Madeline was very active child. that night, kate give her something in a syringe that made bad reaction to child. In that time was a lot of maintenance in the roads of that area. Portuguese worker was laying gas pipes in all town. Madeline is berried.....
  • rebel force 2012/11/28 12:22:03
    rebel force
    +1
    Whilst I agree leaving Madeleine and her siblings alone and unattended in the room that night was wrong on so many levels, I don't believe her parents had anything to do with her disappearance.
  • tiff 2012/11/08 11:46:45
    tiff
    +2
    I believe that they killed her in the apartment. And hid her body somewhere in the room. And then went out too the bar and did what they did and didn't know what too say, so they came back too the apartment and stated that she was abducted too hid up that they killed her. And then possibly buried or did something too her body so the police could not find her.
    GELU-CIUDIN-LYING BASTARD
    +3
  • Wayne T... GELU-CI... 2012/03/11 03:37:31
    Wayne TH G 333
    +2
    Thanks for your input, I completely agree. The cheif investigator into this case Goncalo Amaral seems convinced of their guilt and yet in the UK his opinions cannot either be heard or reported. I am not saying that his theory is 100% accurate but I am sure it would have been given alot more respect if she went missing in the UK and it was a British detective saying it. His book and documentary 'the truth of the lie' which has aired all over the World but not in the UK can be found on youtube.
    The problem is that the mainstream media in the UK cannot even have a debate about this through fear of being sued by the McCanns. They don't even question why three children who were so young were left on their own while the parents went off to dinner, which is as you said a criminal offence in itself. A thirteen year old babysitter would know better than to do that let alone a pair of doctors. What I also find amazing is their incredible arrogance in not thinking that by doing this they had done nothing wrong.
    I just hope that we don't hear on the news one day that the police have been called to their home after their twins have been found dead.
  • GELU-CI... Wayne T... 2012/03/11 15:18:28
    GELU-CIUDIN-LYING BASTARD
    +2
    it's all the mc'canns do is sue people just for having an opinion!....money is all thier interested in..,a documentry that was banned in the uk tells all, of how suspicious the mc'canns are.but the mc'canns got it banned here....until maddy is found safe n well,am gonna still say the parents had some involvement!.....
  • rebel f... Wayne T... 2012/11/28 11:58:32
    rebel force
    +8
    I just hope that we don't hear on the news one day that the police have been called to their home after their twins have been found dead. ------- Dramatic, much??
  • tiff GELU-CI... 2012/11/09 06:27:19
    tiff
    +1
    It was days before her 4th birthday. So it must have been someone they knew if she did get "abducted". But did they say they have any relatives or any people they know that live where they where holidaying. It just seems abit suss that it was just days before her birthday?????
  • rebel f... tiff 2012/11/28 11:59:59
    rebel force
    +11
    How, exactly??
  • tiff GELU-CI... 2012/11/09 10:26:39
    tiff
    +1
    I just don't understand that if they did kill her. Why? Did she do an awful thing that set the parents off and kill her or ate they sick dirty parents ??
  • Flamingolady 2012/03/09 04:56:02
    Flamingolady
    +1
    When this happened, it seemed to me that the parents were not involved. At least my heart and soul wouldn't believe it could be possible, until the Casey Anthony debacle happened and justice became an irrelevant word.
  • Wayne T... Flaming... 2012/03/09 05:16:21
    Wayne TH G 333
    +1
    Unfortunately when a child is murdered it is all to often a parent that is the guilty party. There is a new york times article that you can google which is called:
    Murdered Children: In Most Cases, a Parent Did It
    Which states that:
    'A recent Justice Department study of 8,063 homicides in urban areas found that parents were charged in 57 percent of the murders of children under 12.'
    I have heard a figure of over 50% from other sources as well. The problem with this case is that with no confession and no body it's impossible for the police to press charges against anyone and the investigation is at a dead end. I have a feeling this will never be solved and people will still be speculating about this case a hundred years from now.
  • Flaming... Wayne T... 2012/03/09 21:12:04
    Flamingolady
    +1
    I know you are right. It just seems so inconceivable to me, and if they were responsible for her death, they are living in hell as we type.
  • jere.chievres 2012/03/09 02:41:38
    jere.chievres
    +1
    Actually I have no idea!
  • Wayne TH G 333 2012/03/07 18:05:39
    Wayne TH G 333
    +1
    I think it's the most likely conclusion but can't be certain. I have never heard of anyone else leaving 3 such small children alone while they went out for dinner and the hotel had a babysitting service they could have used. Just can't understand why 2 intelligent professional people would do that.
  • tiff Wayne T... 2012/11/08 11:51:49
    tiff
    +4
    Totally agree... Why would you leave small children in a hotel all by themselves. It doesn't matter if thy are asleep. Somebody still needs too look after them just incase something bad does happen. I believe they killed the poor child also because, each time they speak about they NEVER seem upset. Parents who have had children abducted would be terrified and depressed wondering where their child is. But they never seem too look upset.
  • Aingean 2012/03/07 16:58:06
    Aingean
    +2
    Im unsure, there isn't much to go on.. A few things strike me as odd though. One being they left their kids completely unattended, Two they were stupid enough to leave their kids unattended with the doors unlocked. Three being the twins were still there unaffected, if it were some stranger why would they chance the two others waking and leave them behind..
  • Wayne T... Aingean 2012/03/07 17:01:43
    Wayne TH G 333
    +1
    Good points, i hadn't thought about the two twins being left behind by potential kidnappers. That does seem strange!
  • Aingean Wayne T... 2012/03/07 17:07:13
    Aingean
    +1
    I wonder if the twins have ever spoke up anout if they heard or saw anything. The reports I've read only says that they listened at the door for noise until the mother checked that last time ( which again strikes me as odd )
  • Wayne T... Aingean 2012/03/07 17:15:32
    Wayne TH G 333
    +1
    I really don't know if the police attempted to interview the twins. They were 2 at the time and i'm just not sure how useful the police would find what they have to say. I don't know what police proceedure is on witnesses that are as young as they were.
  • Aingean Wayne T... 2012/03/07 17:19:35
    Aingean
    +1
    I've no idea. Kids tend to be smarter then we give them credit for... And really they wouldn't have to say muchto implicae either way. I really dont know if police would consider them to be useful but if it were my child that got abducted I would have at least given it a shot.
  • Wayne T... Aingean 2012/03/07 17:25:22
    Wayne TH G 333
    +1
    I agree, if i was the police i would have asked them but i dont think what they had to say could have been used in any potential trial later.
  • Aingean Wayne T... 2012/03/07 17:27:25
    Aingean
    +1
    No probably not, I couldn't imagain putting a toddler on stand but what they say could lead to something else that could be used.
  • rebel f... Wayne T... 2012/11/28 12:11:45
    rebel force
    +4
    So you presume two people are guilty of the murder of their young child yet admit you haven't thought about details such as that? And on what have you reached your conclusion of murder, watching Columbo on t.v?
  • DeeMarieGK rebel f... 2013/06/04 08:31:49 (edited)
    DeeMarieGK
    +1
    Whats up your conclusion she was abducted, well, because there was absolutely no evidence proving so, you got it from watching Columbo on t.v? Im assuming you believe this to be fact, along with the "witch hunt" too, right?
  • rebel f... DeeMarieGK 2013/06/28 11:09:41
    rebel force
    I can't understand your reply at all. Try making your question a little clearer and I will answer you.
  • tiff Aingean 2012/11/08 11:55:57
    tiff
    +4
    Exactly... The twins where left unharmed. Why would someone just take her. Wouldn't someone hear the twins crying if someone did come in.
  • ♥K14 2012/03/07 16:53:12
    ♥K14
    +1
    Wouldn't surprise me, but honestly no idea.
    They both seem to have gained a lot from it though...
  • Wayne T... ♥K14 2012/03/07 17:05:04
    Wayne TH G 333
    +2
    Yes they do seem to have gained a few quid from it but if they are innocent that wouldn't be a problem. Hope this case is solved one day but i think it might endure like the identity of Jack the ripper.
  • ♥K14 Wayne T... 2012/03/07 18:02:43
    ♥K14
    +1
    I'm just glad the stopped having daily hour long segments on it on the bbc :P
  • Wayne T... ♥K14 2012/03/07 18:08:58
    Wayne TH G 333
    +1
    Yeah especially when there's nothing new to report
  • ♥K14 Wayne T... 2012/03/07 18:16:08 (edited)
    ♥K14
    +1
    Yeh, every day, four weeks in a row, repeating the same 10 minute clip of them saying "oh, we're very said. Lets cry a bit now... *5 seconds of weeping* ...Okay, we're good, now give us money :)"

That was just annoying. They clearly never got told how many children disappear every year...
  • Wayne T... ♥K14 2012/03/07 18:35:31
    Wayne TH G 333
    +2
    I think they got so much media partly because people think they did it and partly because of them being wealthy doctors who live in a nice village. If a kid from a council house went missing there would have been nowhere near as much press coverage.
  • rebel f... Wayne T... 2012/11/28 12:17:35
    rebel force
    +7
    And how can you prove there wouldn't be as much coverage? How often does 'a kid from a council house' go missing from her apartment bedroom in a foreign country? Don't make a statement when there is no basis in fact.
  • Wayne T... rebel f... 2012/12/02 01:55:30
    Wayne TH G 333
    +1
    I shall make whatever statements I want to without asking for your permission first. Thanks!
  • rebel f... Wayne T... 2012/12/02 01:59:45
    rebel force
    How bold of you! You're welcome, by the way.

2014/09/23 04:03:11