Did Obama sell-out his constituents again (and, are you upset)?

Dark Knight 2010/02/12 00:28:55
Upon hearing that Iran now has enriched (weapons grade) uranium, the response of the White House was "we don't believe it!" Do you feel really safe with this administration protecting your country from extermination?

• DavE 2010/02/12 00:39:14
    DavE
    +9
    Just like they can't fathom America thinks Obama is an evil idiot.
    Just like Obama doesn't see his appearances for a Democrat candidate are the kiss of death.
    He doesn't believe anything that conflicts with his pre-conceptions.
    He's still thinking his personal charm is going to mellow Ahmadinejad and the other Iranian fanatics.
    Obama is certifiable.

• Lynn 2010/02/23 01:24:33
    Lynn
    +1
    You know, at some point, you just have to start thinking that maybe its best for the worst to happen just to get it over with and prove conclusively what a bunch of idiots the current administration is. I'm sorry people will have to die for the world to wake up, but its just like when we dropped the bomb on Japan. Sure 100's of thousands died, but every legitimate expert knows that we saved millions. Take the bitter pill and ultimately save more lives.
  • Dark Kn... Lynn 2010/02/23 01:54:03
    Dark Knight
    You always make so much sense - people need to listen to you. Thanks.
  • MARTY 2010/02/14 01:13:58
    MARTY
    +1
    Did not believe it when this jackass was elected. He has no clue about keeping us safe nor does he care to!
  • Dark Kn... MARTY 2010/02/14 02:03:20
    Dark Knight
    +1
    If I were the terrorist type (Ayers, Holder, Jones, Dunn), I'd be thrilled to have this opportunity to blow something up ------ there just WOULDN'T be any convictions possible while the Top Commie is in charge.
  • STU~PWCM~JLA~POTL~AFCL 2010/02/13 05:58:59
    STU~PWCM~JLA~POTL~AFCL
    +1
    Hi Poppy,

The Obama administration really shouldn't be making any statements about this, unless they have some proof to back it up. I would feel safe in saying, that at the current time, Iran probably does not have delivery systems capable of reaching North America. But the Iranian leadership is crazy, and may have the ability to foment nuclear terror in the Middle East or Europe. The potential consequences are almost uniminaginable.

Stu
  • Jimbo 2010/02/12 22:23:48
    Jimbo
    +2
    I haven't felt safe since the day the Chicago Thug took office.
  • Theresa 2010/02/12 16:26:43
    Theresa
    +1
    of course not!
  • fuzzy Ken "In G*d We Trust" 2010/02/12 15:22:08
    fuzzy Ken "In G*d We Trust"
    +1
    I though Obambi was going to make friends with Iran.
    We said we're closing Gitmo. We're giving KSM a civil trial before we find him guilty and execute him and BHO has apologized to the world a few times now. Why aren't they cooperating?
    Maybe they haven't drank the Kool Aid yet.
  • ZEEK 2010/02/12 14:39:14
    ZEEK
    +2
    Haven't been safe since this clown was elected but it's gotten to the point that this stuff being said by him is not a suprise. It's really scary.
  • laureenf 2010/02/12 14:33:00
    laureenf
    +1
    No...I don't. BUT, Iran was suppose to make some big, tough show of their power and make the world fall to its' knees on the 11th of Feb. It's the 12th and.....nothing. So, not sure how much of this is bluff on Irans' part. The Iranian people were sure out in the streets yesterday doing a little showing of power and THAT was great! Go free Iranians! Anyway...what was the question? Oh yeah! No...I don't think this adminstration has any solid policies on which to defend us and is now falling back on the ones George Bush and Dick Cheney were using...so THAT makes me a little more confident...
  • nigel 2010/02/12 13:46:35
    nigel
    +2
    I saw photos of signs that portrayed Obama with the Star of David...yes, they love us, and HIM, now!
  • Alien Ramone 2010/02/12 09:38:20
    Alien Ramone
    I just looked up an article about it:
    http://news.antiwar.com/2010/...

The debate isn't over whether Iran has weapons grade uranium; It's about whether they have uranium at the 20 percent level, which is "itself legal and innocuous".

Here is a portion of the article:
    "On Tuesday they [Iran] announced that they were beginning to enrich uranium at 20 percent, the level needed for their medical reactor. The IAEA indicated yesterday that Iran has converted a small percentage of its enrichment program to the 20 percent level.

Since the announcement, US officials have insisted that they needed to make haste with new sanctions against Iran, claiming that the 20 percent enrichment (though itself legal and innocuous) could have been a step toward the capability to enrich uranium above 90 percent, or weapons grade.

It is therefore surprising that the administration, at the same time as the State Department continues to make allegations about Iran having designs on a weapons program, would cast doubt on their ability to even enrich to 20 percent."

What's going on there? This is like some kind of opposites scenario. Usually the country being accused is trying to give the impression that they aren't pursuing a weapons program and a U.S. Administration is usually trying to make the ca...

I just looked up an article about it:
    http://news.antiwar.com/2010/...

Here is a portion of the article:

What's going on there? This is like some kind of opposites scenario. Usually the country being accused is trying to give the impression that they aren't pursuing a weapons program and a U.S. Administration is usually trying to make the case that they are. I don't trust the State Department any more than I trust the Administration. Although I believe Obama is on board with the central bank agenda I don't think he wants to take the route of going to war Iran in forwarding it.

This reminds me in an opposite kind of way, of the time the CIA intelligence estimates showed that Iran didn't have a nuclear weapons program going and the Bush Administration didn't believe it:
    http://www.npr.org/templates/...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com...
  • Natmike 2010/02/12 09:27:38
    Natmike
    +1
    God No! I'm am not ill-informed, braindead or a true believer in Obama - you would have to be one of the above to feel otherwise.
  • Dagon 2010/02/12 06:21:41 (edited)
  • Dark Kn... Dagon 2010/02/12 14:10:40
    Dark Knight
    +1
    --- about anything ---
  • Dora Rachael 2010/02/12 05:09:07
    Dora Rachael
    +3
    I want Bush back. At least he kept us safe!
  • Bureauc 0Bamao 2010/02/12 04:32:45
    Bureauc 0Bamao
    +3
    "we don't believe it!" That's it?
    What more evidence does anyone need to understand we have an 'unprecedented' amateur at the helm?
  • Dark Kn... Bureauc... 2010/02/12 04:44:35
    Dark Knight
    +3
    The administration goes absolutely ape$h*t over Mrs. Palin writing notes in her hand, as being an affront to freedom; and, they blow-off evidence of activities that could completely wipe-out our country, as if they were the threats of some child's prank.
  • Bureauc... Dark Kn... 2010/02/12 05:08:28
    Bureauc 0Bamao
    +2
    Well said, You get a Gold ☞ ☆ ☜!
  • Dark Kn... Bureauc... 2010/02/12 14:12:13
    Dark Knight
    Thanks - nice symbols, too!
  • Dora Ra... Dark Kn... 2010/02/12 05:10:26
    Dora Rachael
    +2
    So true Poppy. It's maddening!
  • Dark Kn... Dora Ra... 2010/02/12 14:13:03
    Dark Knight
    Liberals have exposed our country to possible elimination by electing this Commie.
  • richie 2010/02/12 04:15:18
  • Dark Kn... richie 2010/02/12 04:22:10
    Dark Knight
    +2
    Good point - sorry - I should have said imitating some feeble act of protection of our country.
  • richie Dark Kn... 2010/02/12 04:48:29
  • Munster richie 2010/02/12 04:42:55
    Munster
    +1
    I couldn't agree with you more.
  • Greywolf 2010/02/12 04:10:20
    Greywolf
    +2
    I guess he forgot how the inspectors stumbed appon hidden stockpile of uranium, that Iran then declared they had, how much other such hidden catches do they have? I beleive they do have wpn's grade uranium yet lack the ability to make fuel rods..that only leaves one possiblity.....making a nuke.
    What should be do about it? Give whatever assistance Israel might need covertly and use our veto ability in the U.N.
  • Dark Kn... Greywolf 2010/02/12 04:14:16
    Dark Knight
    You absolutely hit the nail on the head - THANK YOU!
  • Barbara Hasler 2010/02/12 04:03:38
    Barbara Hasler
    +1
    The only constituent BO is interested in is himself. I don't feel safe with the current administration protecting me from anything. How can it keep us safe when it is clueless as to what is happening in the world. All that is of concern is control i.e. the Health Care mess, government job stimulation, and unions- card check. Getting us blown off the face of the earth or cramming it down our throats, which is it BO?
  • Dora Ra... Barbara... 2010/02/12 05:12:38
    Dora Rachael
    His agenda comes first; not keeping us safe.
  • Barbara... Dora Ra... 2010/02/12 05:26:18
    Barbara Hasler
    Thanks for your comment!
  • P-Funk 2010/02/12 03:54:57
    P-Funk
    +1
    Come on! You've got to be making this up. Not even Robert Gibbs is stupid enough to actually say they don't believe this!
  • Dark Kn... P-Funk 2010/02/12 04:08:44
    Dark Knight
    Don't shoot the messenger, as they say. This is what has been on the news.
  • P-Funk Dark Kn... 2010/02/12 04:12:37
    P-Funk
    +1
    Well, let's hope SOMEBODY is smart enough to believe them -- and STOP them before they use their nukes.
  • Bureauc... P-Funk 2010/02/12 04:35:39
    Bureauc 0Bamao
    +1
    Without a doubt, Gibbs is that incompetent and that stupid.
  • urwutuis 2010/02/12 03:54:38
    urwutuis
    +2
    While a level of security is needed
    I don't think we should let terrorism rule our lives. The founding fathers would be disgraced by the spineless reaction of Americans to terrorist attacks.

"Give me liberty or give me death" has become "I'll do whatever you say just don't let the terrorists get me" as our rights were obliterated by the patriot act.

I would rather be blown up than have to submit to a body scan and I'm sure the authors of the constitution would agree. Giving up the freedom that they fought and died for is the most extreme insult imaginable.

To continue can only result in our grandchildren waking up homeless in the country their forefathers created.

I say bring it on. Let's see what you got.You won't stop us.
  • bls 2010/02/12 03:52:06
    bls
    No, I don't trust them at all. However, we keep giving Iran credit for being big and bad. The reality is that their missles can't reach the United States so why don't we just ignore them? They could probably reach China or Russia so if those two don't want to sanction Iran, why should we care? The more outraged we get, the more attention that moron in Iran gets, the more he had to prove. If he got no attention, he would have to pay attention to something important to Iranians and maybe they could give him the boot. We're empowering Ahmadinejad by even talking about Iran.
  • thefatguy 2010/02/12 03:50:13
    thefatguy
    +3
    It seems that denying reality is the Obama administration's stock in trade. What economic crisis? We don't believe it! What overwhelming disapproval ratings? Poppycock! What global warming refutation? Hogwash! What connection to George Soros and the world communist movement? Nonsense! Deny. Deny. Deny.

connection george soros world communist movement nonsense deny deny deny
  • Barbara... thefatguy 2010/02/12 05:37:41
    Barbara Hasler
    +2
    Great comments. BO is always in campaign mode. There is his goon squad shadow administration that is running the government. BO once made the comment that "we would know him by the people he surrounds himself with". I have seen his people and I don't like what I have seen- communists, maoist and various other dispicable characters. The goon squad did not have to be veted and yet they are extremely active in developing policy. BO has perpetrated a fraud on we, the people.

2014/09/22 12:26:38