Did Obama really inherit a mess?

Teri- Oregon 2012/05/02 10:59:08
Related Topics: Obama, Image, SodaHead
obama

• Q 2012/05/03 05:04:12 (edited)
    yes
    Q
    +18
    I can't believe that anyone would try to make the case that the reason for all the poor stats on the graphic was a direct result of the current president. The economy was spiraling down the toilet shedding over 750k private sector jobs per month before Obama even took office. It was a near total financial collapse and it was both the TARP and the ARRA stimulus that kept us from having another full blown depression. It was so bad that's its going to take years to make a complete recovery
    And in case you haven't noticed were down to only one war now and we just laid the groundwork for pulling our combat troops out of Afghanistan. asr

• doofieg... cellophane 2012/05/05 14:43:41
    doofiegirl  BTO-t- BCRA-F ~PWCM~
    +1
    He's right you know. Odimwit needs a teleprompter to get to the toilet
  • Sissy 2012/05/03 11:45:10
    yes
    Sissy
    +14
    Now what new President would think he had a "mess" if there were two war fronts, 780,000 jobs being lost a month, the stock market registering at 6,000, the financial market on a cliff, millions of homes being foreclosed, and handed a trillion dollar war debt, and a payment of $720 Billion dollars to the Wall Street barons to keep them from going under? Then you have a congressional Republican leadership who is determined to make him fail even if it means the whole country going under and voila, you have another mostly republican induced mess.
  • JustThe... Sissy 2012/05/05 01:37:20
    JustTheFacts
    +2
    The "mess" was all part of obama's pathetic strategy to blame others while causing the problem as a Senator. He has been part of the problem and solved NOTHING since being president.

Which begs the question....

Why do you believe in Communism Sissy? Why do you think it is better? Why do you consistently dodge the question?
  • Sissy JustThe... 2012/05/05 11:52:29
    Sissy
    Get a grip my friend. You're grasping at straws and to accuse people who disagree with you that they are communist is childish and not worthy of a discussion.
  • JustThe... Sissy 2012/05/06 12:15:53
    JustTheFacts
    You have all the symptoms Sissy, you hate it when companies are successful, you support unions. Those two things are very clear and Communist polices. Additionally, you do not even attempt to defend the accusations with anything reasonable.

Ok, enough from me for now. I have made my point. I'm sure not going to change your mind, I just hope you see how destructive for all of us your beliefs are.
  • Q 2012/05/03 05:04:12 (edited)
    yes
    Q
    +18
  • Teri- O... Q 2012/05/03 07:08:03
    Teri- Oregon
    +5
    well your fearless leader just got done signing our 2nd amendment away!

Obama Signs Executive Order Declaring International Law for the United States

On May 1, 2012, our Glorious Leader, Premier Barack Obama AKA Barry Soetoro AKA Barry the Rat, signed yet another Executive Order – Promoting International Regulatory Cooperation. This dictate is designed to standardize regulations between the United States and it’s so called trading partners.

What is a regulation? A law. So what is actually being attempted here is a standardization of international law. It is an absolute violation of the Constitution for the United States to legislate our law outside of our borders.

Considering the many international security agreements the traitors occupying our highest seats of power have entered into, this latest executive order can absolutely be used to institute gun confiscation laws/regulations, without any consent by our Congress or our Judicial. And once these foreign laws are brought to the United States under the various security agreements, foreign troops will be brought in to enforce the foreign laws upon the people of the United States.

So look at what we have now.

The Patriot Act which allows unlimited spying on the American people by the government.
    The National Defense Auth...

So look at what we have now.

The National Defense Authorization Act with Sections 1021 and 1022 for the military arrests and indefinite detention of American nationals without any due process of the law.
    HR 347 Trespass Law for the implementation of Sections 1021 and 1022 of the National Defense Authorization Act upon any citizen who dares to speak out against the insurgency.
    Executive Order National Defense Resources Preparedness Act, which allows the dictator to confiscate every resource of the United States, including we the people as conscripts to be put in servitude to the insurgency.

This is exactly what the Bolsheviks did to the Russian people in 1917. Now we have this new executive order for the implementation of laws not legislated by our Congress. If we were to allow ourselves to be disarmed by these international soviet socialists, the next step would be to eliminate everyone who refuses to acquiesce to collective slavery.

This latest executive order is nothing more than another act of blatant treason and we the American people must reject it absolutely.

Here is the Executive Order. Read and interpret it for yourself.

http://fromthetrenchesworldre...
  • Q Teri- O... 2012/05/03 10:48:46
    Q
    +12
    Yeah I'd probably try and change the subject rather than defend the premise of this ridiculous graphic/thread as well, it just can't be done.

Be sure to keep an eye out for those black helicopters wanting to snatch you up and take you to one of the many concentration camps scattered across America....oppps I've already said too much.
  • Teri- O... Q 2012/05/03 11:07:41
    Teri- Oregon
    I knew you worked for Obama!
  • Q Teri- O... 2012/05/03 11:18:05
  • theone2... Teri- O... 2012/05/03 18:52:29
    theone28110
    +3
    Your a real nut case....guns in bars, schools, churches, you can shoot an unarmed man and get away with it, WTF could you possible want??? maybe surgically implant guns inside you? twitch of an ear and rapid fire from both nipples.......
  • just me Teri- O... 2012/05/03 19:30:59
    just me
    Fact: The USA PATRIOT Act (commonly known as the Patriot Act) is an Act of the U.S. Congress that was signed into law by President George W. Bush on October 26, 2001. The title of the act is a ten letter acronym (USA PATRIOT) that stands for Uniting (and) Strengthening America (by) Providing Appropriate Tools Required (to) Intercept (and) Obstruct Terrorism Act of 2001.

And a lot of us were upset that Obama signed a four-year extension of three key provisions in the USA PATRIOT Act: roving wiretaps, searches of business records (the "library records provision"), and conducting surveillance of "lone wolves" — individuals suspected of terrorist-related activities not linked to terrorist groups
  • Oaces_b... Teri- O... 2012/05/05 04:36:01
  • JustThe... Q 2012/05/05 01:49:50
    JustTheFacts
    +1
    The hole is deeper now than b4, and the president now campaigned on reversing the trend.

I hate to mention facts in the state of your delusion, but someone has to do it.
  • Q JustThe... 2012/05/05 02:32:29 (edited)
    Q
    +1
    Near total financial collapses are fairly rare and take time to recover from, I guess you haven't noticed how both the DOW and Nasdaq have returned to there previous levels or how the job loses from the Bush era have reversed course albeit at a slower pace than hoped for. But considering the unprecedented level of obstructionism from the GOP who also stand to benefit politically from a poor economy come 2012 its not a surprise. They earned the name the Party of No and then some during this recession. zxd
  • MorbidC... Q 2012/05/05 04:47:04
    MorbidCynic
    +2
    It is liberals who want the economy to get worse so people will be more dependent on the government.
  • Q MorbidC... 2012/05/05 05:19:12
  • MorbidC... Q 2012/05/05 05:30:00
    MorbidCynic
    +2
    I see you can't refute what I said so you just post an animation.
  • Q MorbidC... 2012/05/05 05:36:35
    Q
    I see that you failed to grasp the concept of the face palm: that some things are so moronic that they're not worthy of an actual response. double facepalm gif
  • MorbidC... Q 2012/05/05 05:40:26 (edited)
    MorbidCynic
    +1
    I see you still can't refute what I say, now find something better to do troll. And I know what a facepalm is used for moron.
  • Q MorbidC... 2012/05/05 05:52:33
    Q
    You reply to me with an ignorant generalization then somehow expect me to take the time to refute it? Good one!

By all means go ahead and try to prove your own point, name a few specific examples and I'll debate the merits of them with you. short of that go bother someone else kid.
    Laughing gif
  • MorbidC... Q 2012/05/05 10:22:07
    MorbidCynic
    I'm not gonna fall for your trap so you can ridicule everything I tell you no matter how much sense it makes or how true it is. And why are you even bothering with me? You can't win so just give up.
  • Q MorbidC... 2012/05/05 13:06:33
    Q
    I won't debate the merits of your claim if you won't even bother to state your case, it seems your all mouth and no brains:(
  • Telly S... MorbidC... 2012/05/05 06:26:11
    Telly Samba
    +1
    I'll refute it. You're wrong.
    Done.
  • MorbidC... Telly S... 2012/05/05 10:22:30
    MorbidCynic
    You didn't refute anything.
  • Telly S... MorbidC... 2012/05/05 10:55:37
    Telly Samba
    +1
    Sure I did. Are you so stupid as to have missed it? Look, you made a false, unsubstantiated, claim regarding liberals. I, as a liberal, told you that you are wrong. Since I have first hand knowledge of precisely what a liberal thinks my statement completely and utterly refutes yours. Your claim is ignorant speculation. Mine is stated, and observed, fact. Dumbass.
  • JustThe... MorbidC... 2012/05/06 12:18:10
    JustTheFacts
    That is the silliest, clueless, response I have seen yet from a clueless lib. When you receive an image back from a liberal it confirms they cannot put a coherent thought into a sentence. Unreal....
  • JustThe... Q 2012/05/06 12:26:26
    JustTheFacts
    "Near total financial collapses are fairly rare and take time to recover from".

Yes, they take 24-36 months since that was the time frame it took Reagan to reverse the REAL worst economic recession since the great depression. The Carter years produced the worst inflation, debt and unemployment since the GD.

Rarely, does all the money get put back in the bank when you instruct the people who robbed it to put it back. The D's created this financial crisis and then were given the keys to fix it, and only made it worse.

For those with ANY sense of truth and reality, GW is far removed from this reality. Dems, during the Bush years, in the Senate blocked ALL attempts to put steps in place to reform Fan/Fred.

JustTheFacts
  • Q JustThe... 2012/05/06 13:46:11
    Q
    I seem to remember it was three republican's who wrote the bill rescinding the Glass Stegal act.... which allowed the Wall St. Banks to cause the economic collapse of 2008. granted Bill Clinton did sign it.

To say it was caused only by the democrats is far from: "Just The Truth" and I think you know it.
  • JustThe... Q 2012/05/08 10:34:36
    JustTheFacts
    GS played a part, but indirectly. It was also signed by an overrated D president.. It didn't create the onset of the crisis during the Carter years with the Community Reinvestment Act nor was it responsible for Dems blocking government oversight during the Bush years. GS, didn't force banks to make bad loans, as Acorn did either.

Watch this then you'll, too, be able to say who and how the crisis was allowed to happen, it's only a couple minutes.

The idea that R's had anything to do with the crisis in the long run is completely ridiculous. Democrats were 99.5% responsible for the financial criisis. But, then again, those are....

JustTheFacts
  • Q JustThe... 2012/05/08 13:45:52
    Q
    The Levin-Coburn report conducted by a bi-partisan commission of U.S. Senators, including both conservative Senators and Tea Party favorites such as Tom Coburn, Rand Paul and Scott Brown indicated that it played a major role in the financial crisis of 2008.

It appears that the Levin-Coburn report lays primary blame for the financial collapse at the feet of reckless Wall Street executives, federal regulators “who cast a blind eye,” and out-of-control incompetent credit rating agencies who downplayed the serious risks of “crap” mortgage backed securities and collateralized debt obligations in order to maintain record breaking fees collected from the very entities requesting the ratings. Megabanks like Washington Mutual and Countrywide also aggressively shifted their sales from lower risk fixed rate loans to subprime adjustable loans, flooding the market seeking greater profit margins. Senator Levin pointed out that “rampant conflicts of interest are the threads that run through every chapter of this sordid story.” Notably, the Community Reinvestment Act came up only one time in the report, signifying again the miniscule role it played in the crisis.

The report focuses on the ways that financial firms deliberately took advantage of their clients and investors, on deeply flawed cre...

&

The report focuses on the ways that financial firms deliberately took advantage of their clients and investors, on deeply flawed credit ratings, and on federal regulators who apparently cast a blind eye on these unsafe and unsound practices.

The report expands on evidence collected at four Subcommittee hearings in April 2010, examining four aspects of the crisis through a series of detailed case studies: 1) high-risk mortgage lending, using the case of Washington Mutual Bank; 2) regulatory inaction, focusing on the Office of Thrift Supervision’s failed oversight of Washington Mutual; 3) inflated credit ratings, examining the actions of Moody’s and Standard & Poor’s; and 4) the role played by investment banks, principally Goldman Sachs.

It seems to me that the repeal of the Glass Steagle act was indeed a major factor, far from having an indirect role as you claim.
    http://www.cjr.org/the_audit/...
  • JustThe... Q 2012/05/09 02:28:32
    JustTheFacts
    yaaaawwwwnnnnn!

Dems created the crisis and then allowed it to happen. Period, end of statement.

When you are willing to tell me you watched the 4 minute clip...get back to me.
  • DavidK Q 2012/05/08 06:59:43
    DavidK
    Hey! Someone found Obama a new job! Dunkin' donuts might be a better choice for Barry!
  • Q DavidK 2012/05/08 13:17:09
    Q
    Maybe after the president completes his second term he'll buy a Dunkin Donuts franchise...nah I doubt it.
  • DavidK Q 2012/05/08 16:19:32
    DavidK
    Dunkin Donuts will be owned by the government by then!
    no
    +5
    Obama made a mess worse!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    yes
    +7
    The only answer that is correct. YES!
  • DavidK sjalan 2012/05/08 16:20:45
    DavidK
    and Obama has multiplied it big time!
  • sjalan DavidK 2012/05/08 16:35:02
    Nope not at all. The haunting ghosts of Bush II are still around. Iraq cleanup, Afgan war, BushII tax cuts. Instability of the middle east. Under his adminstration more illegals have been returned to their countries in 24 months than was done in the entire 8 years of the BushII administration.

On the other hand Obama has passed the most sweeping change in medical insurance in US history next to Medicare. PLUS made the war on terror REAL by seeing through the intelligence reports to get binLaden and other al Queda senior operatives.

IF ANYTHING he has helped the private sector put 4.2 million citizens back to work. Worked the deal that has now put GM back in the top three of the Forbes top 100.

I suggest you wake up from your nightmare of drinking the ultra right koolaide.
  • Cal 2012/05/03 00:55:49
    no
    Cal
    +6
    Compared to what the incoming President in November is going to inherit? HELL NO.

2014/12/22 08:30:05