Did Obama REALLY deserve the NOBEL PEACE PRIZE?

Drue-AFCL 2012/09/18 18:00:25

• Heptarch Ron in ... 2012/09/19 20:26:55
    Heptarch
    +1
    Democracy is about the people choosing who they want to lead them. If they chose a group that want to impose Sharia Law, as long as it was a valid election there's nothing we can (or should) do about it.
  • DJPanicDC 2012/09/18 18:11:40
    NO
    DJPanicDC
    +7
    If he was a republican Democrats would be screaming for him to be tried for war crimes, It would have been better given to someone what hasn't bombed 3 countries and murdered even US citizens
    +5
    Depends.

On the value of the Nobel Prize for Peace.

I seriously question its value. The last several recipients have NOT been heroes.
  • Mat Temlako... 2012/09/18 18:24:37 (edited)
    Mat
    +4
    Certainly, since awarding to Obamavich 'Large Ears, the Award has eroded to zero....
  • Jim 2012/09/18 18:10:05
    NO
    Jim
    +5
    After his identifying those in small business as "you didn't build that", I honestly believe with him and the Nobel Prize, "he didn't earn that". It has cheapened the award to the point that Grease Monkey is now handing them out with each oil change.
  • Drue-AFCL Jim 2012/09/18 18:13:12
  • Jim Drue-AFCL 2012/09/18 18:35:23
    Jim
    +3
    Absolutely. Love You.
  • SimpleAmerican BN-0 2012/09/18 18:09:02
    NO
    SimpleAmerican BN-0
    +5
    Wait, Obama won the Nobel Peace Prize... I thought it was that idiot Gore! Oh wait, now I see my mistake, Gore said their was Global Warming and Obama said a world without Nuclear weapons... see I was thinking Cold War.. you can see the dilemma, right?

Both of these idiots should be stripped of their Nobel awards... here is what they said about Obama:

for his extraordinary efforts to strengthen international diplomacy and cooperation between peoples. The Committee has attached special importance to Obama's vision of and work for a world without nuclear weapons.

Obama has as President created a new climate in international politics. Multilateral diplomacy has regained a central position, with emphasis on the role that the United Nations and other international institutions can play. Dialogue and negotiations are preferred as instruments for resolving even the most difficult international conflicts. The vision of a world free from nuclear arms has powerfully stimulated disarmament and arms control negotiations. Thanks to Obama's initiative, the USA is now playing a more constructive role in meeting the great climatic challenges the world is confronting. Democracy and human rights are to be strengthened.

Only very rarely has a person to the same extent as Obama captured the w...

Only very rarely has a person to the same extent as Obama captured the world's attention and given its people hope for a better future. His diplomacy is founded in the concept that those who are to lead the world must do so on the basis of values and attitudes that are shared by the majority of the world's population.

Can you say, oops we were stupid?!
  • CuresCancer 2012/09/18 18:08:23
    NO
    CuresCancer
    +10
    Rumor has it that when he gave his acceptance speech, he droned on and on. drone
  • loudelk99 2012/09/18 18:08:00
    NO
    loudelk99
    +6
    No and neither did Al Gore. Obama got the prize based on what he promised to do.
  • lolo 2012/09/18 18:05:31
    NO
    lolo
    +10
    Not at all. Really cheapened the whole Nobel Peace prize thing.
  • Drue-AFCL lolo 2012/09/18 18:07:48
    Drue-AFCL
    +4
    YES IT DID!!!
  • Max7 2012/09/18 18:05:23
    YES
    Max7
    I think so, he was a man that gave up job opportunitys paying a lot of money to work for nothing in order to help others who had nothing. He was successful in helping those people, his actions were humble and noble.
  • exhon2009 Max7 2012/09/18 19:10:09
    exhon2009
    +2
    Obama left his prior job as a senator earning $174,000 per year when he became president. His last reported salary as a community organizer was 15,000 per year. The president earns $400,000 per year in salary. The value of the perks is incalculable. The value of his FUTURE opportunites including book royalties, speaking fees, etc is also incalculable. Bill Clinton, who NEVER had a high paying job prior to public service, is worth an estimated $80 Million. It is true that his wife Michelle left a part time job illegally dumping patients for a Chicago area hospital for 300K but I believe you now should have enough information to disabuse you of the notion that Obama took a cut in pay to be president.

Mitt Romney left a job at Bain Capital making millions to work for the Salt Lake City Olympic Organizing committee for a salary of $1.00. If walking away from money were the attribute sought out by the Nobel Committee they should take Obama's Nobel Prize away from him and give it to Mitt Romney. The Nobel Committee made a mockery of and diluted the value of the Peace Prize. Obama continued both the Iraq and Afghan wars BEFORE he "earned" the Nobel Prize. He initiated a brief violent intervention to ensure Qaddafi was executed by his own people. He has stepped up executions of terro...

Mitt Romney left a job at Bain Capital making millions to work for the Salt Lake City Olympic Organizing committee for a salary of $1.00. If walking away from money were the attribute sought out by the Nobel Committee they should take Obama's Nobel Prize away from him and give it to Mitt Romney. The Nobel Committee made a mockery of and diluted the value of the Peace Prize. Obama continued both the Iraq and Afghan wars BEFORE he "earned" the Nobel Prize. He initiated a brief violent intervention to ensure Qaddafi was executed by his own people. He has stepped up executions of terrorist suspects from 20,000 feet in the form of missiles launched from drone aircraft. He supported a policy that led to the Muslim Brotherhood taking over in Egypt and promptly threatening to abrogate the treaty with Israel which ironically was the sole reason Jimmy Carter, the last US President to receive the award, got it. Good God man, your inability to make an informed decision based on facts is stunning.
  • Max7 exhon2009 2012/09/18 19:13:28
    Max7
    You have your opinion and I have mine.
  • exhon2009 Max7 2012/09/18 19:25:56
    exhon2009
    +2
    Agreed. Just keep in mind that while we are all entitled to our own OPINION, we are NOT entitled to our own FACTS. You are clearly confusing the two.
  • Max7 exhon2009 2012/09/18 19:50:14
    Max7
    Like I said, you're entitled to your opinions and I to mine, and that includes what you think!
  • Kim(: 2012/09/18 18:05:12
    NO
    Kim(:
    +8
    Isnt he the one that wants to bring terriost here?!?!
  • Drue-AFCL Kim(: 2012/09/18 18:08:17
    Drue-AFCL
    +4
    sURE IS
  • Kim(: Drue-AFCL 2012/09/18 18:09:02
    Kim(:
    +3
    Oh god
  • Just me ♥ 2012/09/18 18:03:55
    NO
    Just me ♥
    +7
    He's the only person I can think of that never did anything to get one.
  • American Girl 2012/09/18 18:03:15
    NO
    American Girl
    +9
    He didn't do anything to deserve it.
  • fortycal_sig 2012/09/18 18:02:31
    NO
    fortycal_sig
    +9
    Of course not. He hadn't done any peacemaking yet. And still hasn't.
  • NYCbrit 2012/09/18 18:02:28
    NO
    NYCbrit
    +7
    For WHAT I ask you? Seriously, this is one thing that left me gobsmacked!
  • Laura Lovegood 2012/09/18 18:01:53
  • Red 2012/09/18 18:01:38
  • Drue-AFCL Red 2012/09/18 18:05:14
    Drue-AFCL
    +4
    THEY WERE NOT THINKING
  • Red Drue-AFCL 2012/09/18 18:07:24
  • beachbum Red 2012/09/18 18:11:34
    beachbum
    +4
    They weren't. These were the same goofballs that gave the award to Gore over Irena Sendler (who saved 2,500 Jewish children from the Warsaw ghetto), and gave it to Arafat. The 'peace prize' is nothing but political hot air.
  • Red beachbum 2012/09/18 18:15:02
  • Drue-AFCL 2012/09/18 18:01:06

2014/10/26 05:16:43