Did Electing Obama President Bring About Change?

Fef 2009/05/28 21:47:36
No: "The election...didn't bring about change. It gave us an opportunity for change" - President Obama
Yes: Electing Obama as President Changed America
President Obama recently said: "The election in November, it didn't bring about change. It gave us an opportunity for change."

• Fef 2009/05/29 00:48:24
    Fef
    +4
    The country changed when it decided to elect Obama. The pundits have told us it meant we pushed racism further behind us, that we opted to elect a young, inexperienced person based on hope and optimism, that we stopped relying on politics as usual....

Also, regardless of the candidate, Obama got masses out to the polls, raised nearly a billion dollars in campaign funds, and changed the way candidates will run campaigns in the future.

• Angel 2009/06/02 02:54:16
    Angel
    It sure did, for the worse in my opinion... the only jobs I have seen created are govt jobs.. and he said jobs would be seen immediately ... he is trying to own the US... and he walks on the constitution, that's change we could do without
  • luigi1- in god we trust 2009/06/01 21:03:04 (edited)
    luigi1- in god we trust
    look, it is still too early to say. i would say judge him at the end of his term. the world has become more complicated & our own national problems are much worse. any president would need more time to sort out things concidering the sad state of affairs. term world complicated national problems president sort concidering sad world
  • NotWithoutAFight 2009/05/30 12:27:23
    NotWithoutAFight
    Not a change I'm happy with certainly.

America is in dire shape and is going down the wrong avenue of 'change'.
  • Arky in Y'shua 2009/05/30 03:19:00
    Arky in Y'shua
    +1
    It is distressing to me that it seems the election of Barack Obama to the Presidency has brought more division, rather than the predicted unification.

Those who were solidly his are pertty much still solidly his, but it seems that those who saw his claims as dubious have moved further back, and those who were solidly against him are set in concrete, now.

I was one of those who was willing to give him some slack, at the very beginning, but being a Nam Vet, I heard a lot that didn's set well with me, early on.

I am still not totally against him, I do not hate him, but I am scared .. .. .. realy scared for my country, mostly because he can't say "NO" to anything his party wants.
  • Michael 2009/05/30 02:31:59
    Michael
    +1
    Unfortunately, in a bad way. We are headed into being a socialist country and not feared or admired by rogue states.
  • Kat 2009/05/29 21:39:39
    No: "The election...didn't bring about change. It gave us an opportunity for ...
    Kat
    +1
    Fef, as usual you said it very well, Obama was able to get the masses out to vote which was a good change from the apathy of years past. His charasmatic ability to articulate to the leaders of other countries and the American public is indeed a welcome change. As for the economy and war, 4 months is not enough time to change or correct such huge problems and the beauty of our system is the voters will decide next election if Obama gave us the changes we need.
  • Amy 2009/05/29 04:15:12
    Amy
  • keepthechange 2009/05/29 01:28:17
    keepthechange
    "change change change, change your booty..."
  • looneysinger 2009/05/29 00:53:52
    looneysinger
    +2
    he brought only the worse change i can see! electing obama president changed america change
  • Fef 2009/05/29 00:48:24
    Fef
    +4

• Angel Fef 2009/06/02 02:55:33
    Angel
    question for you Fef, do you believe obama has pushed racism further behind us?
  • The Original BonBon 2009/05/28 23:02:36
    The Original BonBon
    +1
    change....I would say he brought a lot of crap to the surface...not sure if that is good or bad
  • Flirty 2009/05/28 22:50:47
    Flirty
    +4
    Absolutely, it brought about a lot of change. It made the cynics more cynical, it made the optimists more optimistic, it made the racists more racist and it made the reverse racism worse. It brought about more spending since January '09 than has been spent by all the living presidents put together -- With no way to pay for the spending. It has made me a part owner (or soon to be) in an automotive company. It has caused me to stop adding to my 401(k) and I am working at taking all my money out, so I can hide it under my mattress -- so I won't lose absolutely everything when China calls in their debt and we don't have the money -- We will virtually be owned by China. The list goes on and on.
  • TWISTER61 2009/05/28 22:35:01
    TWISTER61
    +1
    It changed for the worse AMERICA! OBAMA must resgn!
  • concerned 2009/05/28 22:04:48
    concerned
    +2
    just take a look at the republicans all of their true colors are comming out ...
  • Arky in... concerned 2009/05/30 03:28:25
    Arky in Y'shua
    All you are seeing is the glow from the element.
    Don't go touching it, you could be badly burned.
  • concerned Arky in... 2009/05/31 02:46:18
    concerned
    this country already got badly burned from the republican party ..or haven't you noticed
  • Arky in... concerned 2009/05/31 13:37:28
    Arky in Y'shua
    This country already got badly burned by POLITICIANS from both sides of the aisle. I don't even know why there is an aisle there.

All they want is to line their pockets and rule over us!!

country badly burned politicians sides aisle aisle line pockets rule
  • concerned Arky in... 2009/05/31 15:54:42
    concerned
    +1
    like China ...or do you have something else in mine ....
  • Arky in... concerned 2009/05/31 16:46:49
    Arky in Y'shua
    More like the European Union, actually. Are you aware of his dealings at the G20 Summit regarding a new alignment with the World Bank?
  • concerned Arky in... 2009/06/01 01:23:56
    concerned
    +1
    oh he is tring hard to bring about world peace ..and it will happen ..ad then when it is over look out ...
  • Arky in... concerned 2009/06/01 02:21:36 (edited)
    Arky in Y'shua
    Payable in a currency we thought we had broken away from, 1533 years ago.
    payable currency broken 1533 years

Pax Romana
  • concerned Arky in... 2009/06/01 17:36:19
    concerned
    i do not feel Obama will do anything like the french or the Romans ...that systems has already failed us all ...
  • Arky in... concerned 2009/06/01 20:24:00
    Arky in Y'shua
    We are many who believe the European Union to be the modern version of the old Roma Empire.
  • concerned Arky in... 2009/06/01 21:17:45
    concerned
    i really do not care much about anything the europeans do ..I do not live over there
  • Arky in... concerned 2009/06/01 21:23:39
    Arky in Y'shua
    That's not the point - Obama is in the process of putting us under their authority.
  • concerned Arky in... 2009/06/01 21:28:27
    concerned
    We are already under authority ...lol...we have you been
  • Arky in... concerned 2009/06/01 21:33:16
    Arky in Y'shua
    c'mon friend - you know what I mean (I think)

I mean putting us under the direct authority of the EU, and effectively ending whatever in the Constitution does not fit in with their charter.

The UN was just a distraction .. .. .. kinda like teats on a boar hog.
  • concerned Arky in... 2009/06/01 23:24:47
    concerned
    +1
    i have not a clue what you are talking about ...nothing has changed ...we have the same authority we have always had ...
  • Arky in... concerned 2009/06/02 00:34:29
    Arky in Y'shua
    I guess you don't know, then, that when our Congress ratifies a treaty with another Nation or Nations, the terms of that treaty even take precedence over our Constitutional provisions.

He is negotiating a treaty that will make our money and monetary policy conform to the European System now in effect.

At the point that treaty is ratified by our Congress, it will acknowledge to the world that we have voluntarily stepped down from being the most influential Nation in the World.
  • concerned Arky in... 2009/06/02 22:14:05
    concerned
    Are you mad at congress or the Europeans ....most of the ones in power come from there ...lol
  • Arky in... concerned 2009/06/02 22:58:20
    Arky in Y'shua
    Like you said, ain't that much difference nowadays. And now, The President is no different.
    difference president
  • concerned Arky in... 2009/06/03 19:03:08
    concerned
    +1
    you are very angry at the places your people come from
  • Arky in... concerned 2009/06/03 21:54:10 (edited)
    Arky in Y'shua
    I am a Veteran of Foreign War.
    When I volunteered into the Army, I took an oath before God that I would protect and defend this Nation and the Constitution from all enemies, Domestic and Foreign.

I have not relinquished that oath .. .. ..
    .. .. .. and you are certainly correct that I am angry, because I have already been alerted that I am likely going to be treated like a Prisoner of War in my own Country for that very fact.

But, you don't get it. You don't understand. Maybe you can't, or maybe you just won't .. .. I don't know.
  • concerned Arky in... 2009/06/03 22:35:40
    concerned
    I do not see us coping any other country ...but only tring to place us on the right grounding again ...we have gone so far away from wht we stand for ...it isn't funny ..but if we keep going into that same direction ..we won't just need volunteers we will have to start an all out daft ...we will be at war with afghanstan ..iraq ..tran ..kprea ...and others ..is that what you want
  • Arky in... concerned 2009/06/03 21:57:27
    Arky in Y'shua
    What you are missing worst of all, even that Crazy Alan Keyes would have been better than this one.

But, you people are like a girl who married the first boy to kiss her.
  • concerned Arky in... 2009/06/03 22:36:04
    concerned
    and no matter what you say I like Obama ..and I still say Go obama ...
  • Arky in... concerned 2009/06/04 00:37:23 (edited)
    Arky in Y'shua
    I'm sorry - I have tried, and you just don't seem to understand what I am trying to get across.

We are not "going to war" for the fun of it. We have gone to war because we were attacked. We are fighting on all these fronts for no other reason than the survival of the United States of America.

But, the people who have actually managed to gain control over the money, and control over all the world leaders won't let us save the United States of America unless we put ourselves under their organizations. That's why our President, supposedly the most powerful man in the world, bowed to the Saudi King. He knows what the American people don't know yet .. .. .. we are their servants, now.

If you can't wrap your mind around that, I don't know how I can make it any more plain.

You have asked some decent questions, and given back some fair arguments, and I thank you for the opportunity to explain in a civil manner.
  • concerned Arky in... 2009/06/04 19:25:09
    concerned
    I do belive that may be true for soem of the wars with the united states ..but very false for Iraq ...do not confess your self for the pleasure of making the united states seem right about everything they do ...
  • Headhunter 13 2009/05/28 21:58:13
    Headhunter 13
    +3
    change or opportunity for change has not become apparent and the little we see is not good. Not all change is good. If you think back Bush also promised change. Hell all politicians promise change and see what we get The same old business as usual. I am sure Hitler, Mussolini and Stalin to name a few also promised change. Not comparing Obama to them but that word CHANGE keeps coming around

2014/09/18 03:46:26