DID CANDY CROWLY JUST HAND THE UNITED STATES PRESIDENCY TO.... MITT ROMNEY?

Old Salt 2012/10/17 20:55:37
I AGREE, THE PRESIDENT DUG HIS OWN GRAVE, OLD SALT!
YOU CONSERVATIVES ALWAYS BLAME THE MEDIA... OBAMA WILL WIN THE ELECTION!

Please do not ask for some LINK to a blog, for I am writing this based on my own opinion.... and I think Im right! In last nights Presidential Debate, the President had just sat down when Governor Romney came up to him with the following exchange:

Romney: "You said in the Rose Garden the day after the attack, it was an act of terror. It was not a spontaneous demonstration, is that what you're saying?"

OBAMA: "Please proceed Governor."

ROMNEY: I want to make sure we get that for the record because it took the president 14 days before he called the attack in Benghazi an act of terror."

OBAMA: "Get the transcript."

MODERATOR CROWLEY: "It -- it -- it -- he did in fact, sir ... call it an act of terror. "

Obama: "Can you say that a little louder, Candy?"

That exchange bothered me greatly, not from the standpoint, like everyone else, upset that the moderator would so "blatantly" choose sides! Rather, it was something troubling that I was seeing a total detrimental statement that would cost the President this election, but I could not understand WHY I felt that way? All I knew, at the time, was the very worst thing President Obama could do, he did! For when he said, in affect, "At-a-girl, Candy, you go get him," he made that moment a "Highlight" of the entire debate. But again..... I just could not put my finger why I felt that was so damning to him at that moment! Last night, my old dog woke me up a 4 AM, scratching at the door. A clear sign that she needed to go outside for a pee! On the way back in to my house, it dawned on me as to what I actually knew I had witnessed from that debate! It was the END of Barrack Obama's Presidency in that ONE exchange!

WHY? There is not a person in the country who did not know Mitt Romney was referring to the President reframing from calling Benghazi a "Act of Terrorism" rather than an "act of terror!" A man can beat his wife and be charged with an act of Terror, but that does NOT make him a "Terrorist," rather just a creep of a man! The whole country KNEW that the President was playing a "word game" and trying to use it as a defining moment that Romney was lying or was caught calling him a liar!

Now, WHY does this lose the election for President Obama? The people in this country who do not actively watch a FOX News or dig deep into the stories published by conservative writers in the Internet! Nor are fully aware of all the cover-ups that have been going on since the death of Ambassador Stevens! IF it had not been for a FOX news reporter, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton may have never been approach in Peru! On the night of September 12th, the Main Stream Media took decisive and deadly aim at Governor Romney's statements rather than trying to get to what "really" happened on the night four Americans were killed by Al Queda Terrorist! Furthermore, the vast majority of Americans have been relatively protected from hearing Susan Rice going on FIVE Sunday talk shows declaring that it was NOT Terrorist that were involved... but a "angry mob" reacting to a video no one in the Middle East had even seen!

So..... when the President yelled from his chair..... "Can you say that a little louder, Candy?" He contributed to the most significant moment of the entire debate..... for people want to now know the truth! So the talk for the entire next week will be.... Benghazi, Libya and what did the President Know and WHEN did he know it! Already today, Ms. Crowly has visited three major network shows declaring that she was not taking sides, rather they both had points that were true! So... what will transpire in this next week? Each network will now be FORCED to cover this story to include what the President actually said and a time line of the entire events on each network News program! That is one full week on the Libya Terrorist attack..... then..... the final debate ...... Foreign Affairs...... the LIBYA Terrorist attack! Old Salt

• MsDianna 2012/10/25 05:54:22
    MsDianna
    I believe he dug his grave
  • I AGREE, THE PRESIDENT DUG HIS OWN GRAVE, OLD SALT!
    MIZ®  ₱д₸Ɽ¡Ö₸ ₩дⱤⱤ¡ÖⱤ   †
    +1
    So..... when the President yelled from his chair..... "Can you say that a little louder, Candy?" He contributed to the most significant moment of the entire debate.....
    Yes- -that is exactly what I thought right when he did it!
    I was like...... 'did he just reiterate her lie on live t.v.!?' How will the media cover this up for him!?
  • Old Salt MIZ® ₱... 2012/10/20 19:33:26
  • MIZ® ₱... Old Salt 2012/10/20 20:47:43
    MIZ®  ₱д₸Ɽ¡Ö₸ ₩дⱤⱤ¡ÖⱤ   †
    +1
    LOL - Mitt gets closer and closer everyday. You can tell easily just by the way the Dems are throwing their fits-amongst other things- everywhere! lol
    monkeys throwing poo
  • g_byst 2012/10/20 17:49:24
    g_byst
    +2
    My hesitancy has to do with how the press covers this. I'm not convinced that they will be honest with the people no matter what "journalistic values" they espouse.
  • DougE 2012/10/20 13:17:32
    DougE
    +2
    No, but despite all of Candy's attempts to help the President, Romney took the debate by being smarter, more versed on the issues, polite, and proved he's more presidential, classy, and just better qualified than the boob in chief we have now.
  • Batou 2012/10/20 07:11:54
    Batou
    Even if Romney wasn't lying, which he most definitely was and got caught doing it too, he pretty much lost the argument when he decided to make it about rhetoric and not policy. Not that it really matters. After all Bush didn't do well vs. Kerry and that made no difference. Fact is, vast majority of Americans don't vote based on policies, they vote based on rhetoric.

Getting caught lying is neither the first or the worst thing to happen to Romney, it's much more devastating when he gets caught saying what he really thinks.
  • g_byst Batou 2012/10/20 17:02:57
    g_byst
    +2
    Ok, I'll bite. What did Romney lie about?
  • Batou g_byst 2012/10/20 17:16:48
    Batou
    He lied when he said that it took Obama 14 days to call it an act of terror.
    Though I think a better question is what didn't Romney lie about? I don't think there has been a position on which he hasn't changed his views. If there is one I'd certainly like to hear about it.
  • g_byst Batou 2012/10/20 17:45:36
    g_byst
    +2
    We've all heard the transcript by now. Romney was correct. Obama wasn't talking about the attack on the consolate when he used the term "acts of terror", so no, Romney didn't lie. I will give you that after 11 days, Carney, the press secretary did offer that it was self evident that the attack was carried out by terrorists, but it wasn't for a few more days that Obama admitted that it was a terrorist attack and not a spontaneous mob rioting about a 3 month old video, which Obama had repeatedly said on the campaign trail and to the UN until that time. So it wasn't Romney lying, it was Obama. What else have you got?
  • Batou g_byst 2012/10/20 20:57:24
    Batou
    Really? Can you explain why Obama was talking about acts of terror in context of Benghazi attack? After all, according to you and Romney Obama was explaining to the world that the attack was a product of "spontaneous mob rioting", which doesn't seem to have anything to do with terrorism or "acts of terror".

So does it bother you that Romney's biggest problems with Obama's foreign policies are purely rhetorical or does that make no difference to you? Just curious.
  • g_byst Batou 2012/10/21 15:01:57
    g_byst
    Yes, just as soon as you explain why Obama blamed the attack on a youtube video for 2 weeks after this supposed "admission", including to the UN.
    Look, this isn't just a matter or "rhetoric". This is an example of Obama attempting to misslead us. I have serious reservations as to why he would do such a thing. What was Obama trying to cover up? What more are we going to find? Why do people like you defend him anyway? What do you get from Obama that replaces the truth?
  • Batou g_byst 2012/10/21 19:05:16
    Batou
    I see. So you can't answer my questions. Alright, I'll answer yours.

In most likelihood there was conflicting intelligence, because of what was happening in Egypt and other places where there were anti-American protests. I doubt that CIA was deliberately lying in its talking points, which credited the video as the cause of the attacks, so it looks like that was a product of incompetence on multiple levels. Hardly surprising when CIA is involved I suppose. Though I'm purely speculating at this point, since I don't know what intelligence reports administration officials or even CIA were looking at.

Regardless of the actual cause of the attack even if you or Romney could demonstrate that Obama administration is or was deliberately misleading the public, fact is what Romney said was false.
    If holding Romney as some sort of paragon of truth and consistency is important to you then I can see how that might be a problem for you, but I don't really expect that from a politician of any stripe, which is why I said, "even if Romney wasn't lying".

I take no issue with investigating this or any administration for any policy or conduct failures if the goal is to find out what actually happened, but you don't seem to be interested in that. You already reached your conclusions, so it's not an in...

I take no issue with investigating this or any administration for any policy or conduct failures if the goal is to find out what actually happened, but you don't seem to be interested in that. You already reached your conclusions, so it's not an investigation that you want. You want a witch hunt. And just because I don't that doesn't mean i'm defending Obama.

The exchange only confirms what I said in my original post that actual policies matter very little to most Americans, which is why the thread, every response I got, and our exchange does not contain any policy discussion.
  • g_byst Batou 2012/10/25 21:32:06
    g_byst
    Your argument is being disproved right now by the state department who handled the situation, who get their information from the CIA among other sources. So, if you are checking the news, we now know there was a mass email sent out throughout the state dept stating BEFORE the deaths had occurred that Al Qaeda groups claimed responsibility and a local Libian militia was providing security (obviously not much).
    The evidence shows that, not only did the state dept know it was an act of terror, but no mention of a mob protesting a youtube video had anything to do with it. It further goes on to explain that the terrorists were calling for an attack on the US Embassy in Tripoli, which we know did happen as well.
    Basically, the only thing we haven't seen yet is why Obama declined the QRF to save the Ambassador.
    Well, that and why he used the video excuse for 14 days when he knew what really happened.
    Again, Obama lies and you defend. Romney correctly describes Obama's statements and you call him the liar.
    What is in it for you? Your hero is a lying fool. Why defend him?
  • Batou g_byst 2012/10/27 05:18:17
    Batou
    Whether Romney was lying or not when he stated that it took Obama 14 days to call the attack an act of terror has nothing to do with emails received by state department. It's easy enough to verify that the claim is false by examining Obama's statements at Rose Garden.

Stating that Romney lied is in no shape or form a defense of Obama, and i don't consider him a hero. Not sure why you decided to lie about me. After all you already have all the evidence proving beyond shadow of a doubt that Obama was personally responsible for the coverup I'm expecting you to turn it over to Republicans in House of Representatives so that they can initiate impeachment proceedings. Failure to do so will tell me that either you don't have the evidence or you are protecting Obama.
  • g_byst Batou 2012/11/02 02:38:31
    g_byst
    That is pointless. Obama is up for re-election in 5 days. Starting a hearing now may cause him to lose the election, but the people are going to have their say first.
    I predict that should Obama win the election, Congress will be more than happy to impeach him within 6 months.
  • Batou g_byst 2012/11/02 04:09:10
    Batou
    Holding President of US accountable for committing crimes if you have solid evidence of wrong doing is pointless?? We are gonna have to disagree on that. You are alleging that US president committed perjury, but it sounds like you are willing to let it slide provided Obama doesn't win the election.

Also impeachment hearings wouldn't even begin before election even if you submitted all the evidence tonight.

Sorry, but I don't consider prosecution of crimes to be a partisan or even electioneering dependent affair. You could post your evidence online or turn it over to Republicans in House of Representatives in 5 days. If I had the evidence I'd do both, nor would I wait till after the election.
  • g_byst Batou 2012/11/03 16:52:38
    g_byst
    We have let far more vile acts of treason pass in the last 10 years and done nothing. Obama's post will not permit jail or worse. The most harsh thing politicians will do is impeach or dismiss from office and that is meaningless at this time.
    With regards to the evidence, there is enough that is public knowledge now to follow through with impeachment hearings, but Congress has already had hearings and they have stopped through the election season. They will handle it if need be.
    If they don't, I will personally petition against those that represent me until they are gone.
  • Old Salt Batou 2012/10/20 19:48:31
  • Batou Old Salt 2012/10/20 21:16:43
    Batou
    You know very little of the world outside of US, if you think people living there know or care about which of Obama's foreign policy rhetoric Romney takes issue with.

I'm sure your prognosticating abilities are just as good as your knowledge of US legal system, which is reflected by the number of all the domestic violence cases involving charges of "acts of terror".
  • MIZ® ₱... Batou 2012/10/20 19:24:40
    MIZ®  ₱д₸Ɽ¡Ö₸ ₩дⱤⱤ¡ÖⱤ   †
    +1
    Are you better off now than you were 4 weeks ago?
  • Old Salt MIZ® ₱... 2012/10/20 19:50:38
  • MIZ® ₱... Old Salt 2012/10/20 20:49:32
  • Batou MIZ® ₱... 2012/10/20 20:58:51
    Batou
    I had a cold 4 weeks ago. Now I don't. So yes I am better.

What does your question have to do with my post?
  • MIZ® ₱... Batou 2012/10/20 21:38:25
    MIZ®  ₱д₸Ɽ¡Ö₸ ₩дⱤⱤ¡ÖⱤ   †
    So little time, so much to redistribute
  • gizamondo 2012/10/20 04:42:11
    gizamondo
    +2
    Crowly really screwed up.
  • fisherman 2012/10/20 04:19:23
    fisherman
    +2
    yes Old Salt , the old fish agrees 100 %.
  • Old Salt fisherman 2012/10/20 19:51:18
  • SharonJohnson 2012/10/20 03:18:16
    SharonJohnson
    +1
    Crowley is a fat cow.
  • Trust Noone 2012/10/20 02:50:30
    Trust Noone
    +2
    Lies exposed.
  • Epistemically Justified -- BN7 2012/10/20 02:35:30
    Epistemically Justified -- BN7
    No, probably not.

Obama seemed to be goading Romney, because he was right in the most technical terms -- whether you view the video or read the footage, Obama called the attacks on the consulate in Benghazi "acts of terror" -- and in that singular play on words, Obama trapped Romney. It made Romney look like a novice debater and made Obama look arrogant.

But whatever. It's a debate. They are supposed to trade blows, etc.

However, this was NOT the moderators place to interject herself. In the end, she looks bad. She didn't really "take sides" because all she did was acknowledge that if you read the transcript, that is what he said.... but she did overstep her authority. Moderator is not meant to be an instant fact-checker. That's my two-cents.
  • Old Salt Epistem... 2012/10/20 19:55:29
  • chronic.colonic 2012/10/20 02:31:02
    chronic.colonic
    +1
    ...and Crowley just happened to have the transcript handy...no searching, how convenient. Team Obama knew this question was going to come up and what better time to demand the transcript and have it readily available. The whole damn thing is fishy as hell.
  • Old Salt chronic... 2012/10/20 19:56:33
  • david.miner.98 2012/10/20 02:08:40
  • WhereIsAmerica? ~PWCM~JLA 2012/10/20 00:22:59
    WhereIsAmerica? ~PWCM~JLA
    +1
    For sure!
  • hasher 2012/10/20 00:12:13
    hasher
    +1
    all obama has to do is keep blaming bush and trash romney and he willl dig his own grave
    +2
    That's right. In fact, "Get the transcript" suggests that his handlers gave Candy Crowley a transcript ahead of time for her to "get." This is "For Christ's sake, get it" (Nixon to John W. Dean III) all over again.
  • FairLady 2012/10/19 23:45:16
    FairLady
    +1
    OS, it's hard for me to say. I will believe it when I see Mitt win. :-)
    Crowley cut Romney's time by 3 minutes in favor of Obama. Romney could use this time to say a whole lot more but he didn't have a chance to. :(
  • John Walker II 2012/10/19 23:23:47
    John Walker II
    A, I hadn't seen the debate yet.
    B, There's more to this story then your telling here. If it follows typical conservative patterns, there was more both before and/or after that is relevant to this discussion that you've... accidently, cut out.

2014/10/25 11:19:40