Did Barack H. Obama buy his votes with entitlements?

KCurtis 2012/11/21 01:16:11
Yes he did
Gee I don't know
Food Stamps up 20 million takers
Unemployment up to 99 weeks
Free Phones with 250 free minutes per month
No taxes for those making less than 55k per year
EIC Tax refunds for those that paid no taxes up to $4500 per year
Housing Subsidies
Disability Claims up

All of these freebees totaling over 50% of the Federal Spending.

Gee I wonder who pays for all this free stuff.

• Apache 2012/11/26 21:45:05
  • Kaye 2012/11/25 15:33:03
    Yes he did
    Kaye
    +1
    Yeah,and voter fraud
  • joe keeney 2012/11/24 05:10:27
    Yes he did
    joe keeney
    +1
    Thats a no brainer.
  • JoLost 2012/11/23 05:57:32
    Gee I don't know
    JoLost
    No, he earned his votes by aligning to policies of government that fulfill, promote and enhance the purpose of the US Constitution.
  • firebird 2012/11/22 22:52:28
    Yes he did
    firebird
    +1
    YES he did ! The mass majority of Americans that voted for him voted for THEMSELVES and their personal needs only.. NOT a one of them thought of their Country and fellow citizens..... It was the addiction to the Government PIG TROUGH mentality that put him back in office.....Its not what YOU can do for your country its NOW "WHAT CAN MY COUNTRY DO FOR ME" ???
  • thegalnextdoor 2012/11/22 18:24:17
    Yes he did
    thegalnextdoor
    +1
    and thousands voting twice if not more not to mention the dead vote.... 108% in a district and no votes for the opposition just doesn't happen.
  • flrdsgns 2012/11/22 16:25:42
    Gee I don't know
    flrdsgns
    Nope. The thought of having Romney as President was just too disturbing for the majority of America.
  • Dwight 2012/11/22 15:28:01
    Yes he did
    Dwight
    +2
    More than half of the Democrat party are Takers.
  • joe keeney Dwight 2012/11/24 05:12:33
    joe keeney
    +1
    Is the number that small.
  • Dwight joe keeney 2012/11/25 11:36:24 (edited)
    Dwight
    +2
    Hard to nail down, so just my opinion. Most people I've known over the years who have used welfare programs used them as intended. That is, only to help get back on their feet, which is what I think about a third of the "47%" are doing now.

The other 2/3rds are more or less perminant takers, I believe. No idea how to prove or disprove either.
  • joe keeney Dwight 2012/11/25 16:52:14
    joe keeney
    +1
    I Think the state got a lot to do with it. If you were born with values or not.
  • Dwight joe keeney 2012/11/27 09:51:30
    Dwight
    +1
    To some extent the State does matter, not sure what you mean by values.
  • joe keeney Dwight 2012/11/28 00:14:39
    joe keeney
    +2
    What your parents taught you about your obligations to work. The one to which it a way of life and if they had them there lost now.
  • Dwight joe keeney 2012/12/07 01:03:09
    Dwight
    +1
    I was taught that the only honorable way to live is to give honest work for my pay. Feed & shelter my family and take no debt I can't repay.

Don't reject help, but don't expect it either. Help anyone I can after my obligations are met. Avoid the company of lazy layabouts who wont hit a lick at a snake.
  • Marek 2012/11/22 15:02:35
    Yes he did
    Marek
    +2
    No doubt about it.
    His voters are cheap to buy, one made in mexico 'obama phone' and a fistful of 'obama bucks' plus massive fraud everywhere and the resident gets another four years
  • RED DAWN 2012/11/22 14:00:59
    Yes he did
    RED DAWN
    +3
    "OH HELL YES" the democrats have been buying votes a long time.
  • All American 2012/11/22 13:32:03
    Yes he did
    All American
    +4
    Free stuff is always a part of the equation with liberals.
  • Mr Chin 2012/11/22 12:49:11 (edited)
    Yes he did
    Mr Chin
    +4
    Yes but come tax time when Taxmegeddon hits people will realize that even with Obama these sorts of so called "gifts" aren't at all free. Soon it will be time for the bill.
  • Marek Mr Chin 2012/11/22 15:07:23
    Marek
    +2
    To the parasites that get the 'free' goodies they are free since those who don't get them have to pay for those 'gifts.'
  • Mr Chin Marek 2012/11/22 15:20:20
    Mr Chin
    +2
    I see what you mean. Though with more taxes the price of everything will be passed on in several ways. The dollar continues to drop in value. And the credit rating for the country and the lowered value of everything makes everything worse and worse.
  • Marek Mr Chin 2012/11/22 15:58:35
    Marek
    +3
    I said that many times here, 0bama wants to transform America into a large Zimbabwe. Over there Mugabe showers gifts on his supporters and by now stole all farms and money from white farmers who were producers, redistributed the land to his people and they produce little or nothing.
  • "OG" 2012/11/22 12:48:54
    Yes he did
    "OG"
    +5
    Only thing he could run on was that.
  • Southern Man 2012/11/22 12:32:40
    Yes he did
    Southern Man
    +4
    When the well runs dry all hell will break loose .... The News will cover the mayhem like they cover the War in Nam ....
  • wildcat 2012/11/22 01:41:43
    Gee I don't know
    wildcat
  • ☆stillthe12c☆ 2012/11/21 23:35:46
    Gee I don't know
    ☆stillthe12c☆
    +1
    A combination of things. Lies, deception, and hard work.
  • Swampdog PWCM 2012/11/21 22:13:16
    Yes he did
    Swampdog PWCM
    +6
    He's well on his way to ruining this country economically. And if you think he's just going to raise taxes on the wealthy, guess what? If you have a JOB, you are WEALTHY! Galt's Gulch anyone?
  • KCurtis Swampdo... 2012/11/21 22:52:06
    KCurtis
    +2
    you read my mind join my new site http://www.followingJohnGalt.org
  • Swampdo... KCurtis 2012/11/21 23:04:09
    Swampdog PWCM
    +2
    Outstanding!
  • Starman 2012/11/21 20:15:16 (edited)
    Gee I don't know
    Starman
    +1
    Are you people still stuck on this? The election is over, the President won, you lost. The majority of the voters in the United States did not buy the lies that austerity and more tax cuts for the wealthy would solve all our problems.

The President won reelection based on his record and his policies. Get over it.
  • TheBadOne 2012/11/21 18:53:57
    Gee I don't know
    TheBadOne
    No taxes on anyone making less than $55K? I woulda voted for Obama if that were the case! Also, I'd like to see where "entitlements" account for more than 50% of Federal Spending. Last I checked, 54% of our spending went entirely to defense.

I'll say it once more, and I'll say it again. You can blame entitlements for people voting for Obama, but the reason he got back into office is because GOPers were trying to get everyone to vote against Obama than they were trying to get people to vote for Romney (the Libs did the same thing in 2004 and look where it got them.) Frankly, I think it's fair to distrust a political establishment that says entitlements, education, and health care are bankrupting our country but make absolutely no mention of our military expenditures. If this past election indicated anything to me, America is not moving in a more liberal direction; America is moving in a more libertarian direction. If you want the GOP to take over again, modify the platform in the following areas:

- Get off the "school of choice" tangent and work to reform teachers' unions.
    - Stop with the "rape or incest" position for abortions and say "nothing after the first trimester unless it's in the case of fetal defect or danger for the mother's life."
    - Work to reform immi...

- Work to reform immigration instead of supporting anti-immigration bills that only expand the prison population.
    - Quit trying to get a Federal Marriage Amendment passed and instead (at the very least) say that same-sex marriage should be a states' rights issue.
    - Embrace the regulation of cannabis the way the party embraces the regulation of tobacco.

Please note, none of that focuses on expanding the welfare state. Rather, it treats personal liberty the same way that the GOP wants to treat fiscal liberty and allows citizens their own right to self-determination.
  • Aksana 2012/11/21 18:46:50
    Gee I don't know
    Aksana
    tell me!
  • frank 2012/11/21 18:43:36
    Gee I don't know
    frank
    If you paid into Social Security you are entitled to. Food Stamps and the rest of the other free giveaway is not an entitlement.
  • Souther... frank 2012/11/22 12:39:50
  • frank Souther... 2012/11/22 16:57:08
    frank
    I just do not understand how the MSM and the Government can call them ENTITLEMENTS
  • J 2012/11/21 17:56:05
    Yes he did
    J
    +6
    Keeping a large section of the voting population dumb and dependant is what the Democrats are all about in bringing in the votes.
  • RTHTGakaRoland 2012/11/21 17:05:40
  • gldynmd BTO-t-BCRA-F 2012/11/21 16:32:46
    Yes he did
    gldynmd BTO-t-BCRA-F
    +7
    And I wonder what's going to happen when we are broke and those entitlement programs end. Have you ever tried to take a bone from a dog? It's not pretty!
  • bags the Indigenous Guru 2012/11/21 15:45:21
    Gee I don't know
    bags the Indigenous Guru
    +3
    No. The so-called Obama phones were available long before he took office. Food stamps...hey, if the recipients have risen...well, I receive SSDI and I can't qualify - God love those who do! If they can qualify, trust me...they need them. And with cost of living these days, under 55K a year is NOT an inappropriate cutoff point. Housing subsidies aren't anything new eighter. Don't know when Sec. 8 housing began, but it's older than a decade. And disability claims go up as the Boomers age and begin (like me) to fall apart. Don't worry, us old folks will die nd you'll get everything we have....what's left that is.
  • santa6642 2012/11/21 15:40:32
    Yes he did
    santa6642
    +4
    I got an obamanation phone, but it don't work.
  • Souther... santa6642 2012/11/22 12:42:31
    Southern Man
    +2
    That's funny the phone represents the 0bama Admin. pretty well

2014/11/24 16:28:03