Did Allen West Kill his chance at VP with his democrats are Commies statement?

Assassin~ Badass Buzz Guru 2012/04/12 15:19:10

Allen West just keeps making rookie mistakes. He makes these wild statements and that hurts his credibility. Many on this site have been calling for him to either be a running mate for Romney, or at least get a cabinet position. This quote along with some others are the reason why he will never be taken seriously as a presidential candidate or a vp candidate. Lets examine some Allen West Quotes that the MSM will focus on and make him look like a lunatic. Mr. West needs to learn to be quiet once in a while if he ever wants to achieve main stream appeal. Lets have a look back.

Allen WEst

“I believe there’s about 78 to 81 members of the Democratic Party that are members of the Communist Party.” ~ West referring to his fellow members of congress

“Take your message of equality of achievement…You can take it to Europe,
you can take it to the bottom of the sea, you can take it to the North
Pole, but get the hell out of the United States of America.”

“I must confess, when I see anyone with an Obama 2012 bumper sticker, I recognize them as a threat to the gene pool.”

"Anyone challenging me on my support to this visionary plan to restore
our economic security will be signing up for a suicide mission,"

“And I think that we also should be censoring the American news agencies" This was in reference to the media who supported Julian Assange. Censoring the news? He calls democrats communists?

• GopherWild 2012/04/18 15:10:01
    Other thoughts.
    GopherWild
    I think people should give him a fair shot. Listen to him speak, before you judge him. I watched his Lincoln Dinner speech on YouTube and his patriotism is unquestionable and he is smart and knows exactly what he is saying, in in my opinion. He makes me proud to be an American. If you don't agree and haven't listened to him speak, you are letting the press/media judge him for you, which is a mistake.
  • Spizzzo BN-0 2012/04/14 13:32:02
    Yes, he pretty much did
    Spizzzo BN-0
    There is a HUGE difference between Democrats and Communists. Rep. West is unable to distinguish between them. Basically that means he thinks about half of Americans are un-American. That disqualifies him as VP.
  • MQ-American Values Again (AVA) 2012/04/14 08:46:29
    No he is still an asset to the GOP campaign
    MQ-American Values Again (AVA)
    +1
    Why would it... he spoke the truth... many congressional members in the Democrat Party are communists.... would you like a list of names?
    joe friday just the facts mamn
  • No nonsense NanC...don't BS... 2012/04/13 16:52:34
    No nonsense NanC...don't BS me!
    +2
    This is one of the reasons, he is being considered for a national ticket, because he is fearless and principled. The reasons he is the being targeted by the Left is precisely because of that. You don't think if he was just a loudmouthed bloviator, like many on the Left are, that the Left would be out to smear him, do you? It is precisely because he is
    intelligent and a principled Black Conservative that he has become a national threat to
    the liberals.
  • Q 2012/04/13 13:03:24
    Yes, he pretty much did
    Q
    +1
    While his comment may endear him to the GOP base it will alienate him to the centrist/moderate voters needed to win the general election. The GOP will not pull a repeat of 2008 by picking another far right wing VP candidate to motivate their base, it didn't work with Sarah Palin and it won't work with this right wing nut job either. alan west communist gif
  • No nons... Q 2012/04/13 16:58:31
    No nonsense NanC...don't BS me!
    +2
    allen west motor cycle

He is more than just a pretty faced machoman.

• Q No nons... 2012/04/13 17:05:44
    Q
    +2
    Yeah he's a right wing idiot who associates with the Outlaw biker gang who are criminals that are known to be involved in the drug trade. Its pretty obvious that you have some kind of "man" crush on him, maybe you can pray the gay away?
  • No nons... Q 2012/04/13 17:28:01
    No nonsense NanC...don't BS me!
    +2
    Pure garbage you post! Sorry, try some substance, and people might take you
    seriously.
  • Q No nons... 2012/04/13 17:30:26 (edited)
    Q
    +1
    Remember that attack on Rep. Allen West stating that he'd been in sort of a motorcycle "gang" that didn't care too much for nonwhite people?

Well, it's true, West apparently admits -- 13 months after NBC Nightly News ran a segment detailing his ties to the gang and after the congressman denied it on multiple occasions throughout that time.

West changed his story Friday on a North Dakota-based radio talk show hosted by Scott Hennen in response to a question asking whether presidential candidate Herman Cain is being attacked because he's a black conservative.

Scott Hennen: Is it an attack on a black conservative because he's a black conservative?

Congressman West: "Oh come on, I mean you know I was the only black member of a white supremacist motorcycle gang, so liberals and there are certain others I would say even within our party that are not comfortable with strong black conservative voices, and I would say there are people that feel very threatened by that because we do stand on principle. We are someone or entities that are out of the mainstream, if you want to call it that, so liberals are definitely going to come at you. But I think you also have this inner fight within our primary candidates for that piece of the pie that they want to have."
    http://blogs.browardpalmbeach...
  • No nons... Q 2012/04/13 17:36:49
    No nonsense NanC...don't BS me!
    +1
    Baloney!
  • Q No nons... 2012/04/13 17:40:09 (edited)
  • No nons... Q 2012/04/13 20:56:03
    No nonsense NanC...don't BS me!
    +1
    You using a blog written by a guy sitting in his mommy's basement as a legitamate source.............and both NBC and Huff Post are 0bama pimps.

And now I suppose you will try to convince us he is a war criminal!
  • Spizzzo... No nons... 2012/04/14 13:17:52
    Spizzzo BN-0
    NOT so! After all, since I like SOME things Mr. Obama has done, YOU accuse me of loving ALL he does, blindly. That's insane. Yet it matches what "Q" says to you about blindly loving Mr. West. That's just the way it is.
  • dominic... Q 2012/04/14 18:06:57
    dominic garcia
    You just never change do you?......Blah.....Blah.....Blah
  • Q dominic... 2012/04/14 18:17:17
    Q
    Well who am I to argue with such a well thought out and well articulated retort? sarcasm detector gif
  • PrettieReptar 2012/04/13 06:18:20
    Other thoughts.
    PrettieReptar
    +1
    Reminds me of Joseph McCarthy.
  • Pat 2012/04/13 01:20:26
    Other thoughts.
    +2
    He's a hate monger and never had a chance in hell to begin with.
  • **StarzAbove** 2012/04/13 01:16:50
    Yes, he pretty much did
    **StarzAbove**
    +3
    This guy is a loose cannon, no one in their right mind would want him on their side.
  • Eddie_DOMA_is_dead 2012/04/13 00:06:50
  • lurx: the soda jerk 2012/04/13 00:01:01
    Yes, he pretty much did
    lurx: the soda jerk
    +4
    ...not that he was ever up for any serious consideration.
  • CAROLYN NTARWNJBS 2012/04/12 23:52:48
    Other thoughts.
    CAROLYN NTARWNJBS
    +5
    West pretty much has gone off the ledge,seducing the RWNJ constituent is what he wants.
  • DDogbreath 2012/04/12 23:32:36
    Other thoughts.
    DDogbreath
    +3
    If Romney wins the nomination Obama wins the election and I emigrate.
  • Cat 1017 2012/04/12 22:28:10
    Yes, he pretty much did
    Cat 1017
    +2
    Another Cain, Steele type....LOL...
  • Samantha 2012/04/12 22:17:50
    Yes, he pretty much did
    Samantha
    +2
    How can anyone in the GOP take this man seriously?
  • HoneyBa... Samantha 2012/04/16 10:40:00
    HoneyBadger
    +1
    By using their intellect, shill!
  • Samantha HoneyBa... 2012/04/17 22:17:32
    Samantha
    With that kind of shoddy intellect, it's not surprising the GOP is so short on sensible proposals.
  • HoneyBa... Samantha 2012/04/18 22:14:17
    HoneyBadger
    There's no difference between either establishment party. Compartmentalism is a tool used to divide our nation as a distraction, so that while we fight each other our civil liberties are being negated.
  • Samantha HoneyBa... 2012/04/19 21:51:44
    Samantha
    The GOP is becoming more and more extremist.
  • HoneyBa... Samantha 2012/04/19 22:17:24
    HoneyBadger
    Tell me more...
  • Samantha HoneyBa... 2012/04/19 22:19:22
    Samantha
    Anti-women's rights laws; attacks against collective bargaining; mandating invasive procedures women must undergo to obtain an abortion.
  • HoneyBa... Samantha 2012/04/19 23:52:57
    HoneyBadger
    Go on.
  • Samantha HoneyBa... 2012/04/19 23:57:22
    Samantha
    It's telling you're unaware of these laws; too much Fox News?
  • HoneyBa... Samantha 2012/04/20 10:42:11
    HoneyBadger
    Why would you ask a question like that?
  • Samantha HoneyBa... 2012/04/20 21:42:53
    Samantha
    I asked because so many conservatives try to deny the Republican war against women and the oppressive laws passed in the last 2 years by Republican-dominated state legislatures.
  • HoneyBa... Samantha 2012/04/21 00:48:54
    HoneyBadger
    So you assumed I'm a conservative?
  • HoneyBa... Samantha 2012/04/23 10:39:42
  • Samantha HoneyBa... 2012/04/26 22:31:02
    Samantha
    It doesn't negate the fact of GOP extremism.
  • HoneyBa... Samantha 2012/04/26 22:34:41 (edited)
    HoneyBadger
    Liberal extremism doesn't negate Conservative extremism. There's no difference: Each F-up the nation for the same handlers!
    kissinger booger
  • Samantha HoneyBa... 2012/04/26 22:36:54
    Samantha
    Henry Kissinger wasn't a liberal. He and Nixon masterminded bombing a neutral country.
  • HoneyBa... Samantha 2012/04/26 23:09:21 (edited)
    HoneyBadger
    Are you an Aries or something? It must be me. Apparently I'm under the impression that I write clearly (whever I do write) enough to convey sufficient information... I hate having the feeling that I'm utterly wasting my time & I feel like I should apologize to you, Samantha...

I never made any statement inferring Booger Kissinger was either party. Party status is irrelevant. (as I illustrated with the funding comparison chart earlier).
    As for Booger? 2:38 onward.

2014/07/31 21:50:08