DICK CHANEY DAUGHTER MARY GETS MARRIED ARE YOU HAPPY FOR HER? Mary Cheney, daughter of former Vice President Dick Cheney, marries partner, Heather Poe

BIG BAD JOHN R. 2012/06/24 14:14:25
YES, CONGRATULATION MARY
No, I don't like it she should have not gotten married.

Mary Cheney, the daughter of former Vice President Dick Cheney, has married her longtime partner Heather Poe.

The openly gay couple tied the knot in Washington, D.C. on Friday.

"Very happy to announce that as of this morning, Heather and I are legally married (at least in DC), 20 years to the day after our first date," Cheney reportedly told friends on Facebook.

The District of Columbia and six states -- Connecticut, Iowa, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New York and Vermont -- have legalized same-sex marriage.

“Mary and Heather have been in a committed relationship for many years, and we are delighted that they were able to take advantage of the opportunity to have that relationship recognized,” the former Republican vice president and his wife, Lynne, said in a statement provided to The Daily Caller. “Mary and Heather and their children are very important and much loved members of our family and we wish them every happiness.”

Dick Cheney has long championed gay marriage. He reportedly reached out to Maryland’s GOP legislators in February to urge their support for a marriage equality bill in that state.

Mary Cheney, 43, is the younger of the former vice president's two daughters. She and Poe live in Virginia with their two children.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/gossip/mary-cheney-daughter-vice-p...

• Idiot repubs 2012/06/24 16:45:37
    YES, CONGRATULATION MARY
    Idiot repubs
    +8
    Now if the GOp would stop acting like their happiness will destroy America, things might get better.

• Gene_In_Kabul 2012/07/12 05:30:35
    YES, CONGRATULATION MARY
    Gene_In_Kabul
    None of my business. Why is it any of yours?
  • elijahin24 2012/06/25 18:41:51
    YES, CONGRATULATION MARY
    elijahin24
    Politics aside, I think it's wonderful, that these two are able to do this.
    I think it's good to voice our opinions and our dissent toward those with whom we disagree, but it only carries weight, if we also give them credit when it's due. Dick Cheney has indeed been a strong proponent of equality for the GLBT community. I'm happy for the whole Cheney family.
  • flyingseaturtle BN 2012/06/25 02:16:17
    flyingseaturtle BN
    May the two of you have a happy life together.
  • redrose 2012/06/25 00:31:52
    YES, CONGRATULATION MARY
    redrose
    +1
    Good luck to both Mary and Heather, I hope they have as long and happy a marriage as my parents did. And, whilst I probably disagree with her father on 99.99% of things, I commend him for putting his family and their happiness before what is politically expedient.
  • wildcat 2012/06/25 00:17:19
    YES, CONGRATULATION MARY
    wildcat
    +1
    Anytime anyone finds their true love, I am happy for them.
    Way to go Mary.
  • Mark Mercer 2012/06/24 23:46:40
    Mark Mercer
    +1
    I'm fine with it....(her 'Pappy' is still 'rat droppings')
  • JanHopkins 2012/06/24 23:39:01
    JanHopkins
    Who? I don't even know her. Why would I be happy?
  • Headhunter 13 2012/06/24 22:37:46
    YES, CONGRATULATION MARY
    Headhunter 13
    I hope they have a long and happy life together
  • kPOW™ 2012/06/24 22:19:14
    YES, CONGRATULATION MARY
    kPOW™
    +2
    ... *throws rice*
  • Sean McDonald 2012/06/24 22:12:55
    YES, CONGRATULATION MARY
    Sean McDonald
    +2
    Good for her
  • NickTheAceBassist 2012/06/24 22:01:54
    NickTheAceBassist
    I would never of guessed OF ALL PEOPLE Dick Cheney has a gay daughter, this is making me chuckle as I type this...
  • ☽Guru_Roy☼ 2012/06/24 21:57:36
    YES, CONGRATULATION MARY
    ☽Guru_Roy☼
  • Jarod Kochman 2012/06/24 21:35:16
  • Delicio... Jarod K... 2012/06/25 01:55:35
  • Jarod K... Delicio... 2012/06/26 17:25:09 (edited)
  • Delicio... Jarod K... 2012/06/26 21:05:15
  • Jarod K... Delicio... 2012/06/27 03:21:14 (edited)
  • Delicio... Jarod K... 2012/06/27 05:08:43 (edited)
    Delicious Crab Meat
    "Gays are about one thing, get whatever they can get, however they can get it and use whoever it takes. So get real. They are anything but victims." It's funny how you say that like you know every gay person in the world personally. How many gay people do you really know? Not a lot I'd wager, considering you trivialize what they go through as being social Pariahs in many parts of the world and call them sick. Where do you get these weird ideas you have about gays from?
  • wtxwoman 2012/06/24 19:47:53
    wtxwoman
    I have no feelings about her and her situation one way or the other. I don't know her, don't care and have enough of my own problems to deal with.
  • Queen B 2012/06/24 19:38:52
    Queen B
    meh...doesn't effect my life one way or another.
  • luvguins 2012/06/24 17:41:52
    YES, CONGRATULATION MARY
    luvguins
    +3
    Good for them. No bigot can tell me how gay marriage personally affect their own marriage.
  • wolf sloan 2012/06/24 17:04:43
    wolf sloan
    +1
    I am neither happy nor sad, but now that the rice has been thrown, can we talk about the economy?
  • Dana 2012/06/24 16:45:53
    YES, CONGRATULATION MARY
    Dana
    +2
    Congrats to anyone who is having a happy day! I don't know much about her, is she a complete nasty hag like her sister who is always on the tube? Or is this a nice gal who did not get too many of he fathers genes? just askin' ....
  • Idiot repubs 2012/06/24 16:45:37
    YES, CONGRATULATION MARY
    Idiot repubs
    +8
  • Dickens 2012/06/24 16:23:00
    Dickens
    +3
    ...why is it that the republicans like her but HATE every other gay person??
  • MichaelSherry 2012/06/24 15:38:11
    MichaelSherry
    As a true conservative christian,I know a wedding is normally followed in around 5 to 6 months latter by a birth This is the way God has ordered this world,it is the way it is supposed to be.So why am I so conflicted? Now as a man I am confused,as a conservative I am enraged, as a christian I am envious ?,So who is pregnant? who done the deed? Why am I not getting any?When it was mixed marriages you know a man and a another mans daughter, it was easy, you knew who did what to it, where it was done and how it was done.Now with two no tails getting together myself and God are wondering what to say.
  • America... Michael... 2012/06/24 19:14:35
    American☆Atheist
    Wrong.
  • Michael... America... 2012/06/24 22:21:08
    MichaelSherry
    Wrong, that's a bit harsh is it not.
  • Helmholtz Michael... 2012/06/24 22:51:35
    Helmholtz
    If the baby comes 5-6 months after the wedding, doesn't that necessarily imply fornication, which the Bible, last I recall, doesn't much approve of?
  • Michael... Helmholtz 2012/06/25 14:57:30
    MichaelSherry
    As a true conservative Christian I know that the bible is agin such goings on and such, but I believe that part of the magic of being married is that God reduces the gestation time for Christians, this is to save time so that the man can get back to breading little soldiers to fight the evils of this modern world, you know stuff like socialism, education from books other than the good book,and evolution.Even if fornication has occurred, that devil is a slippery and persuasive monster, and yes, even the greatest can sometimes come under his power,just fall unto your knees and ask for forgiveness, Promise the baby Jesus that you will stop loving women and start hating everyone your pastor tells you is bad and evil.Keep love in your heart for God and the saints and those who tells us what is right and who is an evil lefty scumbag.
  • Helmholtz Michael... 2012/06/25 21:27:56
    Helmholtz
    You can believe whatever you want, but good luck finding statistically significant numbers to support that Christians have 5 month gestation periods.
  • Michael... Helmholtz 2012/06/25 22:56:11
    MichaelSherry
    You know what they say about statistic, well ever since the bible was discovered we have the word of god to tell us what to do and what to think, so we have no need of numbers,evidence or information at all.
  • Helmholtz Michael... 2012/06/26 05:56:35
    Helmholtz
    I was going to say this before, but didn't want to be mean in case it wasn't true. I'm basically convinced that you're a troll. But whatever gets you off. Adios.
  • Michael... Helmholtz 2012/06/26 14:03:14
    MichaelSherry
    WHAT!!! Me!!! A TROLL!! I am a true conservative christian, I believe that the world is full of danger and evil and as a conservative christian I am conflicted as to why other do not share my views,I do my best to promote and value difference and diversity by being both a conservative and a christian, not just one or the other.
  • Ferηαηdo 夢 2012/06/24 15:33:33
    YES, CONGRATULATION MARY
    Ferηαηdo 夢
    +6
    I can't stand her father but good for her. I am very happy for both of them.
  • The Govenor 2012/06/24 15:02:12
  • Michael... The Gov... 2012/06/24 15:42:36
    MichaelSherry
    +1
    I have heard they employ evil socialist scum to steal children and babies for them to keep as pets so that this is normalized and excepted.
  • The Gov... Michael... 2012/06/24 16:43:24
  • Michael... The Gov... 2012/06/24 18:46:06
    MichaelSherry
    As a true conservative christian I can only say that,Yes I did hear that.where, well it was on the Fox or Sky t.v or radio, our pastor say it is probably true, and he would know. Your right 2 mommies or 2 daddies can be very confusing for a child.How can a young boy know how to behave if he has no strong role model? I can and do thank the baby Jesus every day of the week that I know how to be a man, If I did not have a father that taught me that Friday night was for going to the local bar and getting a few gallons of alcohol into you,then have a delightful walk home with a few close colleges stopping for some exquisite dainty lite bites, then arriving home to a warm and loving welcome, now of course if things are not as they should be, he showed me that it is up to the man of the house to show some backbone and discipline, and beat the living daylights out of the guilty party, he did tell me though "never stoop to hit a woman, kick her and save bending over". Yes traditional family life, why would any one want anything else?
  • The Gov... Michael... 2012/06/24 19:59:42

2014/12/19 13:40:21