Despite his quick temper, do you feel certain that John McCain has the right temperament to deal with foreign leaders on sensitive issues?

TKKitty 2008/02/06 15:49:54

• YourObamaUpdate.com 2008/10/08 17:39:51
    YourObamaUpdate.com
  • dras 2008/02/12 20:48:05
    dras
    Who said he has a quick temper. He sure didn't do any bitching or fighting for that matter when he was in a hole in Nam.
  • obama 2008/02/12 18:23:04
    obama
    PRESIDENT OBAMA HAS SO MANY THINGS FOR US LIKE FAMILIES
    MAKING 75,000 A YEAR NO TAX ON THEM(SWEET)TAX THE RICH FOR A CHANGE AND TAKE THE RICH TAX TO PAY FOR BETTER SCHOOLS AND INS FOR EVERYONE THAT NEEDS IT.GET US OUT OF A WAR HE WAS A NOT FOR FROM THE START.HELP ALL OF US BECOME MORE UNITED WITH EACH OTHER.HELP OUT THE POOREST OF AMERICANS.SAY NO TO THE BIG OIL COMPANIES.
    HELP WITH THE ELDERLY AND THE YOUTH OF AMERICA.GET THIS COUNTRY BACK ON IT FEET.
  • VotedRight - CENTRIST 2008/02/12 17:29:03
    VotedRight - CENTRIST
    Not just no but Hell No. He would end up being our next republican war monger president. If he is a elected our future, as a country, is bleak at best.
  • Obama Bin Biden 2008/02/11 15:50:01
    Obama Bin Biden
    Being a grump is not necessarily a bad thing... How about being an incompetent? How about being a complete ignoramus about international politics? How about being inexperienced? These things seem to me of higher import than the fact that a McCain type of President could tell a foreign leader to fuck off.

http://www.savagepolitics.com
  • Dackelmommy 2008/02/10 18:10:58
    Dackelmommy
    Once again, the media is at work. They want "Billary," when the race should be between McCain and Obama. With either of those two, things will be run within this country a bit better.
  • Obama B... Dackelm... 2008/02/11 15:53:16
    Obama Bin Biden
    I don't know what media you are referring to, but it is OBVIOUS that they only want OBAMA vs. McCAIN They continuously offer bullshit polls that seem to demonstrate that Obama is better against McCain than Hillary. That is not a pro Clinton spin, but a pro Obama spin.

Do people even remember that these same poll 4 years ago said the same about John Kerry? How come he lost to one of the most unpopular Presidents in the history of America? because Democrats have recently chosen THE WORST PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATES! Now, they are heading in the same direction with Barack Hussein Obama...

Good luck kids, you are going to need it...
  • Elbert 2008/02/10 15:57:47
    Elbert
    My personal opinion is that John is NOT qualified to be the next president.
  • DrTim 2008/02/10 03:05:15
    DrTim
    I'm not sure a "Short Temper" is good in "Any Situation"!!
  • elisa 2008/02/10 01:20:14
    elisa
    of course not all i can picture is this angry little troll running around picking fights with everyone. I am republican and I can't stand any of our choices. But someone with his temper scares me alot. This time after seventeen years i will vote for Obama or not at all.
  • I'm Left, You're Wrong 2008/02/09 19:57:29
    I'm Left, You're Wrong
    Maybe, maybe not....but President Cheney regularly told folks to fuck off(when he wasn't shooting his friends) and his hand puppet Bush has absolutely NO skills at Foreign relations, so McCain can't be any worse...
  • elisa I'm Lef... 2008/02/10 01:22:02
    elisa
    What are you talking about. Were not talking about Mccain being vise president were talking president and if you think it can't get worse think agian.
  • I'm Lef... elisa 2008/02/10 02:16:08
    I'm Left, You're Wrong
    +1
    I guess your spelling can't get any worse either. The word is VICE....

Talking about? Just what I said. You don't really think Dumbya has been in charge all these years do ya? LOL...man...too many sheep in the pasture..

Worse than Bush/Cheney??? That would be tough. I guess it's good that Hitler and Vlad The Impaler are dead...
  • elisa I'm Lef... 2008/02/10 04:11:07
    elisa
    I know my spelling is bad but if you think that bush couldn't get us into all of the crap he did all on his own you are mistaken. Mccain has far more temper problems and if you think that won't affect his ability to make choices your wrong and we don't even know who will be at his side yet. It is really apparent that spelling has nothing to do with your ability to reason.
  • punch 2008/02/08 03:48:55 (edited)
    punch
    +1
    What's he gonna do, slug someone? Actually, I kindda hope he would.

Go ahead McCain. Punch Musharraf, Karzai, or Abdullah right in the throat. That would be AWESOME! McCain could totally take 'em down. ha!
  • Live Fr... punch 2008/02/08 23:56:36
    Live Free Or Die
    +1
    Yeah, let's just waste all those people over there in the middle east who Russia and China do business with. Then maybe they will come over here to waste us. I have children and it is this kind of thinking that makes me worry about their future.
  • elisa punch 2008/02/10 01:24:30
    elisa
    your remarks only reflect your apearance were are you from the south in some lost trailer park with your guns and beer. You are reflecting the worst of the republican party the biggot sector.
  • PLANETEATER 2008/02/08 00:36:00
    PLANETEATER
    But the hidden hand of Imperialism would have it no other way. He will be
    selected president.
  • Live Fr... PLANETE... 2008/02/08 23:57:55
    Live Free Or Die
    +1
    He will likely be the next President, but it isn't because of the hidden hand of Imperialism. It will be because we vote him in, which to me is even scarier.
  • PLANETE... Live Fr... 2008/02/09 01:23:09
    PLANETEATER
    Al Gore won the popular vote but the electoral college chose Bush. How in the hell you win the popular vote and lose the election? The hidden hand of Imperialism a.k.a. the neo - cons.
  • smokin bastard 2008/02/08 00:16:36
    smokin bastard
    he is a blowhard-shitty-fuck and an old crodgedy bastard... and that is an amazing picture... he looks like he is gonna loose his dentures(HAH)
  • Natti 2008/02/07 21:28:48 (edited)
  • moviescribe 2008/02/07 19:59:28
    moviescribe
    +5
    Anyone who makes light of war by singing "bomb Iran" to the tune of a Beach Boys song has no business being involved in any kind of foreign policy. We've already suffered through nearly 8 years of a president who makes decisions based on his "gut feelings" and childish fits of emotion ("Bring it on."). The country (and the world) can't take any more.
  • NOPOTUS... moviesc... 2008/02/09 04:24:36
    NOPOTUS  "In God We Trust"
    he didn't base his decisions on that.He based it upon the reality of the threat of these radical terrorists. Can you imagine taking a mentally challenged woman and using her to blow up a 70 yr old woman or teaching 10 yr old boys how to kidnap ppl and actually have them behead a man?
    BTW.I'm not certain about McCain's temper. I do know that Hillary was known to throw things when she was angry.So i don't know...but i do know that Bush has never done anything on gut feelings.This is the picture the media has painted and unfortunately they are horribly biased.
  • moviesc... NOPOTUS... 2008/02/13 01:49:36
    moviescribe
    +2
    All presidential candidates and, therefore, all presidents have big egos. There's no way for a person to survive the grueling long distance battle that is a presidential campaign without a big ego. They are also passionate people, bigger than life in some ways. So, I think all of them are to be forgiven for having occasional fits of temper. My concern, however, is the ideology *behind* that ego and passion -- the ideology that is the basis for that person's decisions. Bush has frequently said that his decisions are based on gut feelings and "what god told him to do." And if anyone questions those decisions, he simply reminds them that he's "the decider," never mind the circular illogic of such a statement. ("Trust and abide by my decisions without question because I've decreed that I'm the decider.") Problems, even when they make us angry, should be decided with a cool head, based on tangible facts -- and should be made with the best interests of the country in mind, not because, "Saddam Hussein threatened my daddy" or because it would reap profits for Haliburton, CACI, Blackwater, Raytheon, Exxon and Shell Oil. (Bush said that about "his daddy," too... I'm sure it can be found online, from a legitimate news source somewhere.) With respect to the terrorists, while I would agree that a threat ...
    All presidential candidates and, therefore, all presidents have big egos. There's no way for a person to survive the grueling long distance battle that is a presidential campaign without a big ego. They are also passionate people, bigger than life in some ways. So, I think all of them are to be forgiven for having occasional fits of temper. My concern, however, is the ideology *behind* that ego and passion -- the ideology that is the basis for that person's decisions. Bush has frequently said that his decisions are based on gut feelings and "what god told him to do." And if anyone questions those decisions, he simply reminds them that he's "the decider," never mind the circular illogic of such a statement. ("Trust and abide by my decisions without question because I've decreed that I'm the decider.") Problems, even when they make us angry, should be decided with a cool head, based on tangible facts -- and should be made with the best interests of the country in mind, not because, "Saddam Hussein threatened my daddy" or because it would reap profits for Haliburton, CACI, Blackwater, Raytheon, Exxon and Shell Oil. (Bush said that about "his daddy," too... I'm sure it can be found online, from a legitimate news source somewhere.) With respect to the terrorists, while I would agree that a threat exists -- and these people are nut jobs -- the solution is not a military one. Most terrorist plots have been foiled by good intelligence and good police work, not with armies, bombs and depleted uranium munitions. Yes, there are terrorist nut jobs out there, but Bush has chosen the worst possible way to deal with the problem. (I think the disastrous results speak for themselves. Bush has blown it... blown it big time.)
  • deleted profile 2008/02/07 19:54:12
  • mr niceguy deleted... 2008/02/08 04:29:27
    mr niceguy
    If you ever seen the original movie version of The Dead Zone, doesn't McCain seem like a Greg Stillson type of character-says anything to get elected and be popular, but has a very dark heart and ends up revealing it before he gets elected president.
  • NOPOTUS... deleted... 2008/02/09 04:28:35
    NOPOTUS  "In God We Trust"
    Let me ask you something.When we went to war with Japan did we take their terrority after the war?
    Korea? Vietnam? Kuwait?
    We are the ONLY country in history who has gone to war [when needed [defending liberty and have left without taking the country we left.
    In fact,we helped build them back up.
    The ONLY country in history to do such a thing.I heard all this about we were on the verge of starting a nuclear war when Regean was President. I remember when we used to be taught to duck under our desks and there were designated bomb shelters in our towns. The United States is not on the verge of starting a nuclear war.We're doing everything possible to avoid such a thing.I'd worry more about the Islamic states.They don't even mind blowing themselves up.We do.
    That makes them extremely dangerous.They don't care about their own ppl.They think suicide is the way to go.I think i'd worry more about them.
  • deleted... NOPOTUS... 2008/02/14 21:06:51 (edited)
  • Paul 2008/02/07 18:45:25
    Paul
    A quick temper is not necessarily a bad thing. Impulsive actions can be a problem that has far worse consequences.
  • mr jiggs 2008/02/07 16:51:02
    mr jiggs
    Electing that turncoat is like voting for the other two loonie liberals,only under a different umbrella.
  • Lisa the Discouraged yet Ho... 2008/02/07 13:10:21
    Lisa the Discouraged yet Hopeful Citizen
    +2
    No, he's a hot head! He scares the H___ out of me. God help us if he's elected...come to think of it, God help us no matter what. These are scary times...
  • billybob 2008/02/07 12:19:46
    billybob
    +2
    News Flash! McCain loses in the general election to …(fill in the blank)

Neither Obama or Clinton are qualified to be president but one of the will win and screw up the country for the next twenty years.
  • Jill 2008/02/07 10:49:58
    Jill
    All his little side jabs at the other contestants make me think he's a jerk. We need someone who can deal with foreign leaders in intelligient, firm, respectful ways.
  • billybob Jill 2008/02/07 12:22:11
    billybob
    +1
    He is a jerk and a RINO. With three liberals left in the race (Obama, Clinton and McCain) He is the last one I would vote for.
  • NOPOTUS... Jill 2008/02/09 04:29:33
    NOPOTUS  "In God We Trust"
    yeah.Negotiate with N. Korea,Iran and Syria.That will work.
    (NOT)
  • Ginnypoo 2008/02/07 10:07:11
    Ginnypoo
    +1
    He seems to flip-flop on issues just to get votes.............. typical for that side this time around.
  • billybob Ginnypoo 2008/02/07 12:24:46
    billybob
    At least he has a history he can flip flop on. Neither Hillary nor Barack have done anything to flip on.

However, Hillary has a nack for changing her mind there times in two min. I support drivers licenses for illegal aliens, Oh, I do not, Oh I do not want to take a stand on anything that will make me unpopular with any ethnic group.
  • Gone! 2008/02/07 09:17:23
  • billybob Gone! 2008/02/07 12:29:11
    billybob
    +2
    That could be because he is not a conservative. He is a moderate and it seems like everyone in politics is becoming a vanilla politician today. He does not represent all Republican conservative views. All he has going for him is his war record which I might add is not very stellar. He lost 5 planes in the navy and only one of the was from enemy fire.

Oh and did you know he finished in the bottom of his class at the naval academy? He brags about that fact. Still think he has the right stuff?

2014/11/27 17:09:37