DEMOCRATS Are you really that stupid?

BARRY0619 2010/12/06 15:14:48
Related Topics: Democrat

• Dark Side 2011/01/05 08:32:44
    Dark Side
    Nope, the stupid one are those giving the politicians free rain.
  • texasred 2010/12/10 21:55:49
    texasred
    +1
    But I have to wonder if they're so stupid because of that Liberal mutated gene.
  • Dave 2010/12/08 18:02:49
    Dave
    "without ruining the ending..... it'a all liberals fault." -A.C.
  • Melicious Kiss of PHAET 2010/12/08 16:29:42
    Melicious Kiss of PHAET
    So, Republicans will give a tax break to people making over $250,000 a year--increasing the debt by billions--but fight extending unemployment benefits to low income people because that will raise the debt and make them lazy. And Dems just say...."ummm...ok...."
    I am very disappointed in the Democrats right now.
  • BARRY0619 Melicio... 2011/01/05 19:48:36
    BARRY0619
    ummmmm, I guess you were not aware that tax breaks actually increase government revenue huh?
  • Lorenzo 2010/12/08 14:15:58
    Lorenzo
    +2
    The answer is "Yes." I am keeping this answer short so Democrats are able to understand.
  • The Cog 2010/12/08 05:58:20
    The Cog
    +2
    One only needs to give the responses to this question a cursory glance to immediately see on which side the stupid genes are. Your blind hatred makes you look singularly stupid in the eyes of the world and your complete inability to conduct a civil argument without resorting to threats, hate speech and lies is frankly laughable. Small wonder a clear majority of postgraduates in your country vote DEMOCRAT.
  • texasred The Cog 2010/12/10 21:58:45
    texasred
    +1
    "Off with their heads." Really??? The young people in your country believe they should cut off Prince Charles' and Camilla's heads. Oh yeah..... you have a lot to be proud of. Talk about blind hatred and singularly stupid.....
  • The Cog texasred 2010/12/15 02:27:02
    The Cog
    +1
    Q.E.D.
  • texasred The Cog 2010/12/15 03:19:42
    texasred
    +1
    Not even close.
  • phoenix AFCL 2010/12/08 04:34:32
    phoenix AFCL
    +2
    And they are all running out of our money.
  • Sawdust_128 2010/12/08 04:31:11
    Sawdust_128
    +3
    If they smarten up a whole bunch, they'll be stupid.
  • Isma'ila (God has heard)! 2010/12/08 04:28:37
    Isma'ila (God has heard)!
    +6
    STD stands for Stop Trusting Democrats!
  • debrarae POTL _ PWCM 2010/12/07 23:27:19
    debrarae POTL _ PWCM
    +4
    Or rather they are more HYPOCRITICAL than STUPID! I mean WHINING because in the TAX DEAL the MARRIAGE PENALTY will be removed from couples making $50,000 ... Yep that's soooooooo COMPASSIONATE!

deal marriage penalty removed couples 50000 yep soooooooo compassionate HYPOCRITE
  • Andrew ~ PWCM 2010/12/07 01:11:29
    Andrew ~ PWCM
    +5
    Yes, they are that stupid.
  • Kiosk Kid 2010/12/06 19:44:04
    Kiosk Kid
    +4
    Four Democrats aren't. They seamed to get the message and voted with Republicans in the Senate to extend all of the Bush tax cuts.

In 2012, Democrats will have 24 Senate Seats to defend while Republicans only have 10. Therefore, I think there will be a lot of crossing over by Democrats to vote with Republicans during the next Congress.
  • Pearlie Momi♥Patriot Warrior♥ 2010/12/06 18:59:30 (edited)
    Pearlie Momi♥Patriot Warrior♥
    +5
    They are blind to the truth or they are stuck on the party and don't care.
    Not me, I left the Democratic party...could not vote for Obama..I am the smart one..But I believe not all of them are stupid:))
  • Lanikai 2010/12/06 18:51:03
    +4
    More like, their sheeple are that brainwashed.
  • Poppa Blues 2010/12/06 17:47:16
    Poppa Blues
    +8
    Keynesian economics has historically been shown to be fallacy, yet we still get guys like Obama, well educated people that continue to believe in the notion that a huge government can fix, control and run everything efficiently. What's the definition of insanity? Doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.
  • BARRY0619 Poppa B... 2010/12/06 17:53:01
    BARRY0619
    +6
    Great point !
  • beachbum Poppa B... 2010/12/06 18:13:07
    beachbum
    +8
    I've had a few people tell that when it was done before, 'they' didn't do it right ...........now talk about insanity..........
  • Pearlie... beachbum 2010/12/06 19:00:03
    Pearlie Momi♥Patriot Warrior♥
    +4
    errrrrrrrrrrrrr insane
  • The Cog Poppa B... 2010/12/08 06:05:19 (edited)
    The Cog
    +2
    "Keynesian economics has historically been shown to be fallacy" - would you then perhaps care to explain how it is that the countries who have stuck with it are virtually without exception doing far far better than the USA in this crisis? The Cog thinks your abandonment of the very principles which makes us human and the wholesale greed which was introduced in your country over the last three decades is to blame for the downfall of your once proud nation. Compared to most countries you barely have a government so I fail to see your concern about it being too big.

Edit: I re-read this and realised it sounded as if I was ignoring the bailouts done by the US government, what I wanted to say was: why are you so critical of Keynesian support methods in a recession when they appear to have worked well in many cases? How do you know you would have been better off without them?
  • Poppa B... The Cog 2010/12/08 11:43:34
    Poppa Blues
    +1
    Which countries? Every country in Europe is in trouble save for Germany and their success is because they are moving away from keynesian economics.
  • The Cog Poppa B... 2010/12/08 12:13:40
    The Cog
    +2
    I didn't suggest that countries here were not experiencing difficulties. I merely stated that the people in those countries which still subscribe to the Keynesian principles in most cases seem to be better off. Germany moving away from the Keynesian model? I did not know that - and a quick Google appears to prove you are incorrect, see for example this Spiegel article. Ultimately, we are all facing very difficult times, Keynesian or not, but it would appear that the huge stimulus package the Germans deployed has helped their economy recover much faster than others.
  • The Cog Poppa B... 2010/12/08 12:30:47
    The Cog
    +2
    From the Spiegel article:

"After last year's dramatic economic slump, Chancellor Merkel, after some initial hesitation, decided to support a bailout program modeled on the theories of British economist John Maynard Keynes."

"The German economy has indeed come roaring back to life this summer. Two years after the outbreak of the financial crisis, the auto industry is adding extra shifts once again. The machine building, electronics and chemical industries are all reporting a rapidly growing number of orders. Total unemployment is expected to drop below the 2.8 million mark this fall, the lowest level since 1991."
  • Poppa B... The Cog 2010/12/08 13:29:19 (edited)
    Poppa Blues
    +2
    Was it really stimulus that saved Germany or was it the austerity program that Merkel instituted in the face of opposition? We here in America KNOW that stimulus won't have a lasting effect. To date Obama has spent nearly 3 trillion dollars on stimulus and a recent report found not a single job has been created, unemployment has just ticked up to 9.8% and a paltry 39,000 private sector jobs were created last month. We need 150,000 per month just to maintain the current level of unemployment.
  • The Cog Poppa B... 2010/12/08 13:33:37 (edited)
    The Cog
    +2
    Well, it's a problem for sure. Very difficult to tell what the situation would have been had you not done the stimulus package. The Spiegel article is not the only place I've seen commentators claiming the success of Germany's bailout, I can dig some out if you want. 9.8% is not good though!

Edit: I see it is now 7.7% here in the UK :s
  • Poppa B... The Cog 2010/12/08 13:52:21
    Poppa Blues
    +1
    It's not good and it's going in the wrong direction! Even as unemployment is rising the government continues to spend. The recent tax cut package included 150 billion in NEW spending. With both parties continuing to expand government and impose this burden on business, a turn around isn't likely. Some say it will take 5 years to get unemployment under 8%, some say it will never happen. Governmnet is no longer solving our problems but causing them and the rest of the world will suffer, even China, if something isn't done soon? Will Europe, and China be willing to bail out the American economy? We'll see.
  • The Cog Poppa B... 2010/12/08 13:59:43 (edited)
    The Cog
    +2
    Have you seen http://www.google.com/publicdata ? Interesting to look at unemployment graphs, how rapidly they can change! In Sweden in the early nineties it went from 1.7% to 9.8% in under three years... That was under a right-wing government too.
  • The Cog Poppa B... 2010/12/08 14:37:27
    The Cog
    +2
    One important thing to bear in mind is how the money is spent. Using it to buy up banks is not likely to create nearly as many jobs as using it to fund public projects such as road/rail construction or (The Cog has no fear) a national health service would do.
  • Poppa B... The Cog 2010/12/08 14:59:04
    Poppa Blues
    All of that is short term, and national health care does nothing to create wealth, it simply takes wealth away from people to give to others. To create jobs you need private business investing in products that can be sold for a profit.
  • The Cog Poppa B... 2010/12/08 14:59:43
    The Cog
    +2
    "takes wealth away from people to give to others" Isn't that exactly what your insurance companies do?
  • Poppa B... The Cog 2010/12/08 15:01:41
    Poppa Blues
    Not exactly... Still what makes you think the government can do it better or more efficiently or with less corruption? History has shown, they can't!
  • The Cog Poppa B... 2010/12/08 15:07:20
    The Cog
    +2
    That's a silly question. I was born in Sweden (9% of GDP) and have lived the last twelve years in the UK (8% of GDP). Both countries have lower infant mortality rates, lower rates of cardiovascular diseases and longer life expectancy than the US (16% of GDP). You pay more, but get less.
  • Poppa B... The Cog 2010/12/08 15:15:00
    Poppa Blues
    +1
    Health care is a whole debate worthy of it's own thread. It's more complex than you make it out to be. The US is superior in cancer treatments. I think you have to look behind the numbers.
  • The Cog Poppa B... 2010/12/08 15:17:05
    The Cog
    +2
    The Cog agrees! And you should do the same.
  • Poppa B... The Cog 2010/12/08 15:22:21
    Poppa Blues
    What you might not understand is that the federal government is limited by the constitution as to what it is allowed to do. Health care is something to be addressed on a state level. This way the state that is most successful would attract more citizens and garner more representation in the federal government and improve their economic standing. That's the real issue.
  • The Cog Poppa B... 2010/12/08 15:39:08
    The Cog
    +2
    Fair enough, I do understand that the US is more akin to the EU than an individual country in that respect. But "attract more citizens" sounds unlikely to me, most people live their lives close to where they are born. Surely you could work something out? I think that the real problem is the huge value of the health insurance industry which coupled with an electoral system driven by money instead of ideas ensures that the staus quo is maintained. I partly came on here after having seen one too many of their anti health care propaganda adverts, nothing but lies and distorted information. I mean a lot of you people seem to think that Sweden (for example) is some sort of communist dictatorship! How do you think that successful international companies like IKEA, H&M, Bofors, Husqvarna, Skanska, Alfa-Laval, ASEA, Volvo (which you ruined), SAAB (which you ruined) and Ericsson (which ruined itself) could have been created in a communist dictatorship?
  • Poppa B... The Cog 2010/12/08 15:47:34
    Poppa Blues
    Many people probably do stay where they're born but that hasn't been my experience my family is spread all over the states indeed, the world! People go where there is the most opportunity. Look insurance is the most regulated business in this country. Laws dictate what products they must offer, who they should cover, who they can't how they should cover them and on an on. Insurance can't be sold across state lines etc. There's many reasons why our insurace costs are high not the least of which is Government intrusion! They create the problems and then step in to solve them creating ever more new problems which they of course will solve but all they are really doing is limiting our choices, and our freedom while slowly enslaving us. I'm sure Sweden is a wonderful country I wouldn't mind living there for a while and who knows I just might if America continues it's march towards socialism they'll be nothing to distinguish us from the rest of the globe.

2014/10/25 15:24:08