Delta Pulls its ads from Jon Stewarts show after the Catholic League boycotts delta for airing ads on Stewarts show. Do you think Jon Stewarts show should be canceled for his attacks on Christians?

Assassin~ Badass Buzz Guru 2012/05/07 22:17:58

The Catholic League launched a boycott against the sponsors of the The Daily Show
in April over a segment that featured “vagina mangers.” In the segment,
which aired on April 16, Stewart mocked Fox News for criticizing the
phrase “war on women,” even though the network promoted the phrase “war
on Christmas” for years.

“What
can women do to generate the same sense of outrage from Fox as” the
alleged war on Christmas, Stewart asked. “Perhaps they could play into
the theme. Maybe women could protect their reproductive organs from
unwanted medical intrusions with vagina mangers.”

A picture of a nude women with a nativity scene ornament between her
leg appeared beside Stewart, which Donohue described as an
“unprecedented vulgar assault on Christians.”

The Catholic League is hoping to pressure Kellog’s into pulling its sponsorship of Stewart as well.

Read More: http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2012/05/07/delta-air-li...

• Old Nellie Bones 2012/05/07 23:28:31
    No Jon Stewarts show should not be canceled.
    Old Nellie Bones
    +11
    If it offends you don't watch it.Simple as that.I feel the same way about Rush Limbaugh.Change the chanel, station ,turn off the T.V., Radio.
    Censorship is like prohibition.We all know how that worked out.

• Giantfan Primiti... 2012/05/08 20:59:27
    Giantfan
    +1
    I would think if the Catholic church didn't agree with the Catholic League they would put out a statement claiming the Catholic League is in no way shape or form associated with the Catholic Church but since i saw or heard no such statement it would seem they agree with the Catholic League. That is a logical conclusion don't you think since many people are like me and see the two as connected.
  • Primiti... Giantfan 2012/05/08 21:32:53
    Primitive Christian
    +1
    No it is not logical it is an argument from silence which is a logical fallacy.
  • Giantfan Primiti... 2012/05/09 02:48:16
    Giantfan
    +1
    We don't agree at all.
  • Primiti... Giantfan 2012/05/09 13:47:04
    Primitive Christian
    +1
    Ok. So we don't agree. That doesn't change the fact that your previous post is an argument from silence which is a logical fallacy. There's nothing wrong with disagreeing. I'm quite happy to discover that there are others who can disagree without resorting to ad hominem attacks. It's quite refreshing.
  • Giantfan Primiti... 2012/05/09 15:46:36
    Giantfan
    +1
    I think you missed my point but we don't agree and that's fine. I as a Catholic don't agree with a lot of what they teach but I stay one for my wife's sake.
  • Bilingual required sucks 2012/05/07 22:54:14
    Bilingual required sucks
    +3
    Lighten up already.
  • Assassi... Bilingu... 2012/05/08 01:47:28
    Assassin~ Badass Buzz Guru
    +1
    Why? Beacuse Bigotry is funny?
  • Bilingu... Assassi... 2012/05/08 09:09:29
    Bilingual required sucks
    +1
    When meant as a joke it is not bigotry.
  • Assassi... Bilingu... 2012/05/08 15:27:51
    Assassin~ Badass Buzz Guru
    +1
    Oh really? So Ni**er jokes would be funny? Anti-Semitic jokes? All in the name of humor? How about "Homo" jokes. As long as its funny. "
  • Bilingu... Assassi... 2012/05/08 18:41:06 (edited)
    Bilingual required sucks
    Depends on the audience right? There always have been jokes which make fun of race, and religion....and it's likely there always will be. Point is to choose your audience carefully. The world ain't perfect, and it never will be.
  • Assassi... Bilingu... 2012/05/08 20:02:57
    Assassin~ Badass Buzz Guru
    +1
    I don't find those type of jokes funny.

If you do, that is fine.
  • Bilingu... Assassi... 2012/05/08 20:21:50
    Bilingual required sucks
    Like I said it depends on the audience. I certainly don't think a comedian should lose a job over it.
  • Ozzyboy 2012/05/07 22:47:45
    Ozzyboy
    +2
    Not necessarily, but he should have to abide by the same rules that Limbaugh does. If he keeps denigrating women then kick his azz off the air. Way to go Delta!
  • Assassi... Ozzyboy 2012/05/07 22:52:08
  • maggiemay 2012/05/07 22:45:21
    maggiemay
    +3
    I never watch the show, but like everyone else he has the right to free speech. I have the right not to watch.
  • Dana 2012/05/07 22:45:04
    Dana
    +4
    I saw it, it wasn't an assault on Christians... geez... these people are so uptight.

They think that only Evangelical fundamentalist nuts have the right to believe in Christ and or celebrate Christmas. Then they try and make the holiday as miserable as possible for everyone anyways. Slamming Christmas trees, decorations, Santa Claus and giving gifts.

If anyone has waged a war on Christmas it is them, for demanding it be celebrated their way only and that everyone else will rot in hell.

A young teen girl down the road from us is from a family of extremists. She sent us a Christmas card she made this last year of her own drawing of father Joseph, Mother Mary and baby Jesus and they all have tears streaming down their faces. Her message in the card was that His birth was only to die for us and we should be crying instead of celebrating. So sad that the parents have done this to their children. My Aunt is an Evangelical too, and they have made Christmas so miserable and filled with guilt for their 2 sons, they do not even look forward to the holiday. just a day of sinners is all they think it is.
  • Assassi... Dana 2012/05/07 22:52:28
    Assassin~ Badass Buzz Guru
    +1
    Um I saw it. It was disgusting.
  • Dana Assassi... 2012/05/07 23:00:43
    Dana
    +3
    A little crude,. yes, but still, it was funny to me... got the point across well too.
  • Assassi... Dana 2012/05/08 01:47:46
    Assassin~ Badass Buzz Guru
    +1
    It was way beyondd a little crude. It was disgusting.
  • Dana Assassi... 2012/05/08 04:19:14
    Dana
    +2
    Still did not bother me. He was making a point, and while yes it was crude, he did
    get his point across. If he had not, these people would not be crying about it.
  • K-ZOOMI... Dana 2012/05/08 00:37:11 (edited)
    K-ZOOMI-----0
    It was degrading to women. He placed all women on the same level as porn stars.
  • Dana K-ZOOMI... 2012/05/08 01:24:41
    Dana
    +2
    As a woman, I personally did not take it that way at all. His point was that the GOP seems to think they have all rights to women's reproductive organs and in a very sarcastic way, shoved it right back into their faces.

As a woman who is tired of the blatant disregard for our rights that the GOP has shown and Fox has supported, I like anything that gets back at these loons pointing out how ridiculous they are. .
  • K-ZOOMI... Dana 2012/05/08 01:42:14
    K-ZOOMI-----0
    You have your right to believe what you believe.
  • Dana K-ZOOMI... 2012/05/08 01:43:21
    Dana
    +2
    thank you:)
  • Giantfan K-ZOOMI... 2012/05/08 12:40:15
    Giantfan
    No that was Rush Limbaugh who did that to any woman who uses birth control.
  • momma-o... Dana 2012/05/08 02:13:02
    momma-on-the-hit-list
    +1
    You don't cry at the birth but Calvary, for all our sins would be a good time to cry, then rejoice the price has been paid. Don't they even read his journal (Bible) It' good news.
  • Dana momma-o... 2012/05/08 04:16:53
    Dana
    +3
    This is a family that is happy as long as they are miserable. Very nice people, truly kind hearted wonderful family. Just a little further out there than most and they really feel that pain and sadness is the only way we are to live. Life is nothing more than sacrificing, to the point of things most people can not even imagine, because to them, this is the ultimate. Jesus died for us, so we are worthless and unworthy if we can not match that. I really don't care if the parents want to feel this way, but they raised their adopted children to be as miserable as possible too, with extremely low self esteem and I just have a hard time with that. So, our kids stopped spending time together a long time ago.

My Aunt who is similar, her children also have low self esteem. For the oldest, he is practically crippled emotionally as an adult now. The youngest one, he is a fighter and pushes to excel at things, and the parents push him to be as humble and passive as possible.

Pretty unfair, in my opinion, to kids who will have to live in this real world one day.
  • momma-o... Dana 2012/05/08 04:52:57
    momma-on-the-hit-list
    +2
    I don't know what Bible they are reading but the one I have does not say that is of God at all. He says let this mind be in you that was also in Jesus. The things I do you shall do also... For greater is He that is in me then he that is in the world... I CAN DO all things through Christ who strengthens me.... I am the head not the tail... I have the power to tread over serpents and scorpions... none of those are passive.
    I wish you could talk to them to wake them from their invisible slavery, they have been set free! What they are doing is not by God's influence at all but the enemy of God and that is the devil which comes to steel, kill, and destroy, that is very sad.
  • Dana momma-o... 2012/05/08 05:39:50
    Dana
    +1
    Great post! Thank you for taking the time to write that. I could not agree with you more, but I can not talk to them. Have tried w/ my Aunt and she just gets so defensive and upset, it is pointless. Whole family has tried to talk to them for last 20 plus years, but all have given up. For the family down the road, I just say hi and wish them well. We used to try and visit and invite them to kids birthdays and such and they are just so uptight and worried about having any fun at all, that it ends up miserable. Last straw was when the daughter, huge animal lover, was allowed to raise some critters, chickens and goats, and parents are forcing her to slaughter them, so she can "experience" this. She was just a kid, little kid at that... and they were forcing this on her. Mind you, these are not farm people, who have been raised this way their lives, these are city people, transplants to the country, wanting to experience this and as a "punishment" for their daughter wanting the critters as pets, they put this on her too, so she can dread each day watching them grow up to the point where she as a child has to be the one to kill them. Makes me sick, my kids refused to go over anymore.
  • momma-o... Dana 2012/05/09 00:58:36
    momma-on-the-hit-list
    +1
    This just makes me sad and angry at the enemy of Man & God. I pray for wisdom for you, and for God to send people that will be able to love them to wholeness.
    I am not God so judgment of salvation is his alone, but the fruits we are to judge. Also we are to judge "ourselves" by Gods word so that we will not be judged by God.
    Everything we do as followers of Jesus is to look, act, think like,sound like our "big brother" He says, I do what I see my Father do,, I say what my Father says, so we are to be following in that line also. He identifies with his true person-hood, his true ""nature of God which is spirit, He has a soul/intellect/5 senses, yet he obeys his spirit, which then has effect in the physical.

What you are describing is not in Gods word that I have ever known. The only way for us to understand the Spirit of God is to replace the thinking of our mind with the mind of Christ which was directed by God's word.

IF they every truly have made God a first priority in their lives, then only the Word of God in prayer over them will ever penetrate the faulty/misguided thinking they seem to be walking in. At least enough to allow them to seek then speak and eventually walk in the renewed mind.

I would pray these and also seek God to pray what he leads you to pray ...

I would pray these and also seek God to pray what he leads you to pray over them.
    Prov 23:12 Apply thine heart unto instruction, and thine ears to the words of knowledge.
    Eph 1:18 The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints.
    Romans 8:1
    There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
  • Dana momma-o... 2012/05/09 02:38:58
    Dana
    +1
    Really nice post, lots of great info, thank you so much for taking the time to write it. :)
  • momma-o... Dana 2012/05/09 02:49:23
    momma-on-the-hit-list
    +1
    Strength and blessings be to you, I have kinda the opposite problem with my family they think I'm crazy because no matter what they throw at me I still get up smiling,I CAN DO ALL THINGS through Christ who strengthens ME.
  • Dana momma-o... 2012/05/09 04:24:26
    Dana
    +1
    Best wishes to you! Thank you for great conversation. :)
  • Contarded Guru Chickenhawk 2012/05/07 22:37:56
  • jere.chievres 2012/05/07 22:37:49
    Yes Jon Stewarts show should be canceled for his attacks on women.
    jere.chievres
    +2
    He is a complete idiot.
  • Assassi... jere.ch... 2012/05/07 22:52:51
    Assassin~ Badass Buzz Guru
    +3
    Did you think that Rush Limbaugh should be canceled as well?
  • Bilingu... Assassi... 2012/05/07 22:56:19
    Bilingual required sucks
    +2
    Rush should be canceled just for promoting obesity.
  • jere.ch... Assassi... 2012/05/08 17:54:19
    jere.chievres
    He has an extremly LARG audiance and very high ratings, having said that I rarely listen to him.
  • Assassi... jere.ch... 2012/05/08 20:04:23
    Assassin~ Badass Buzz Guru
    +1
    High ratings and a large audiences don't = quality. Jerry Springer and Maury Povitch has been very popular too. America loves a train wreck. Jersey Shore is popular for gods sake.
  • jere.ch... Assassi... 2012/05/08 20:47:19
    jere.chievres
    +1
    Therre is no accounting for taste! I said I rarely watch him, and Barf when I see Snooki.

2014/07/29 08:58:36