Dallas Texas Towing Uninsured Motorist Dallas, TX’s solution to Illegals… Brilliant!!!

Cat 2011/01/30 02:16:29

Duty. Honor. God. Constitution. Country.

Dallas Texas Towing Uninsured Motorist

Posted on January 29, 2011 by usbni

In the City of Dallas, Texas, they
passed an ordinance that if you are pulled over by law enforcement
and not able to provide proof of insurance, your car will be towed
right on the spot and issued a receipt for the vehicle.

Afterwards, to retrieve your car
after being impounded, you must present the receipt, show proof of
insurance and a drivers license or other ID to have your car
released. This has made it easy for the City of Dallas to remove
uninsured cars that are typically driven by illegals.

Shortly after “No Insurance” ordinance was passed, the Dallas
impound lots began to fill up quickly and were full after nine days.
Turns out that most of the impounded cars were driven by illegals.

Not only must you provide proof of insurance to have your car
released, you have to pay for the cost of the tow, a $350 fine, and
charged $20 for every day their car is kept in the lot.

I would suggest other cities across the nation to follow what
Dallas, Texas is doing. Not only is it getting uninsured drivers off
the road, but it is taking away vehicles driven by illegals who have
no insurance that might endanger your life.

Brings a tear to my eye.

Dallas’ Solution: Get them off the
road WITHOUT making them show proof of nationality or violating their
rights or ‘profiling’. Wonder how the ACLU or the Justice Department
will get around this one.

Dallas, TX’s solution to Illegals… Brilliant!!!

Towing Ordinance – Towing Uninsured Motorist

Towing Ordinance - Towing Uninsured Motorist

Dallas Resident,

Beginning January 1, 2009 the Dallas Police Department will begin
enforcing the Uninsured Motorist Ordinance, approved by the Dallas
City Council on May 28, 2008. Under this ordinance drivers stopped for
a traffic violation who cannot show proof of auto insurance meeting
state requirements will be issued a citation and will have his or her
vehicle towed at the owner’s expense. The City already tows the
vehicles of uninsured motorists involved in traffic accidents.

The new ordinance is in response to the large number of people
driving in the City of Dallas without the proper state required auto
insurance. These uninsured drivers place an unfair burden on those who
comply with state law and maintain auto insurance. The Dallas Police
Department currently issues about 75,000 citations a year to motorists
with no auto insurance. With the new ordinance, the city anticipates
fewer of these citations as more drivers comply with the law to avoid
having their vehicles towed.

To find out more about the Uninsured Motorist Ordinance that amended Section 28-4 of the Dallas City Code, please review the ordinance.

If you have any questions about this policy please call 311 (the
City of Dallas’ Customer Service Helpline) or 214-670-5111 when
calling outside the City of Dallas.

Comply with state law: contact an automobile insurance provider and obtain auto insurance. It’s the law.

• ActionJackson 2011/01/30 07:04:40
    ActionJackson
    +11
    That really is a good idea. If Denver has the guts to pass such an ordinance I'm going to buy some land and open a tow yard. Easy money!

• Stevern... shenendoah 2011/01/31 18:58:19
    Steverno~POTL~PWCM~JLA
    Dude,the uninsured drivers problem is happening nation-wide.
  • shenendoah Stevern... 2011/01/31 19:37:53
    shenendoah
    Insurance is doubly important in our state because we have so many illegals and they do not carry insurance. It also causes our premiums to go higher.
  • Stevern... shenendoah 2011/01/31 20:05:33
    Steverno~POTL~PWCM~JLA
    +1
    Sorry I didn't add that a largest portion of Tenn.uninsured drivers are illegals,too.There are lot of them,all over the country!There been a lot of traffic accidents,DUI's & deadly auto accidents,in this neck of the woods.I heard that nation-wide,a average of 30 deaths/day are caused by illegals.Most of the deaths are from auto accidents!
    +6
    Leave it to Texas and the city of Dallas to come up with a simple and effective solution to the uninsured driver and even better an ILLEGAL alien solution too. It probably won't be too long until the assh*les from the ACLU and publicity hounds like Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson will be screaming about being unfair to minorities. Even worse the Feds will somehow try to get involved just like they did in Arizona when something is being done about a problem that effects all states.
  • Cowboy 2011/01/30 19:51:10
    Cowboy
    +6
    This is spread all across Texas, I'm sure.
    THEN, when their friends come to pick them up the passengers after hauling off the driver to jail, the cops will unload them in that car, and tow that car too!
    Don't Mess With Texas~!
    driver jail cops unload car tow car mess texas
  • Bill Rind 2011/01/30 19:36:50 (edited)
  • Chris 2011/01/30 19:22:34
    Chris
    +2
    http://thelaymanscorner.com/b... <--understanding the 14th Amendment!

http://www.thestatecolumn.com...

Sens. David Vitter, Rand Paul introduce birthright citizenship resolution
    Sunday, January 30, 2011
    paul introduce birthright citizenship resolution sunday january 30 2011 LaRaza Terrorists paul introduce birthright citizenship resolution sunday january 30 2011 LaRaza Terrorists
  • rocat 2011/01/30 19:22:22
    rocat
    thankfully-the rule of law--in a free nation-
    offers many avenues to solutions-
  • BackRoadz 2011/01/30 19:16:46
    BackRoadz
    While this might be a good idea i think the timing is lousey. With all the people facing extreme hardships in this bad economy this is just going to add more insult to injury for a lot of people
  • theiceman BackRoadz 2011/01/30 20:10:41
    theiceman
    so in your eyes no one should have insurance
  • BackRoadz theiceman 2011/01/30 22:29:25
    BackRoadz
    Did i say that? No i did'nt. Try reading the comment again
  • theiceman BackRoadz 2011/02/01 00:27:22
    theiceman
    then what's the problem, no insurance, no car!!!
  • BackRoadz theiceman 2011/02/01 10:08:07
    BackRoadz
    Yeah well.....when you lose your home, your car, cant afford to feed yourself etc we'll see what you say then
  • Prairie Wind 2011/01/30 19:12:06
    Prairie Wind
    +2
    Auctions?
  • theiceman Prairie... 2011/01/30 20:12:54
    theiceman
    +2
    absolutely, world wide auctions!! fill those returning wally world container ships with used cars, flood their markets!!
  • Prairie... theiceman 2011/01/30 20:17:14
    Prairie Wind
    +1
    I was hoping to find 2003 Mercedes CLK 400 ... but tight squeeze for a bunch of bodies.
  • frengirl 2011/01/30 18:34:36
    frengirl
    +3
    This should be adopted by every city. every day acrosss this country insured drivers are being hurt or killed by uninsured motorists.
  • Diverbelo 2011/01/30 18:09:49 (edited)
  • GaPch 2011/01/30 18:08:25
    GaPch
    +5
    I don't know if this is the answer to border control, but getting uninsured motorist off the road is good. Do you know that Texas is very high on drunk driving fatalities...I was hit by a drunk driver one month after being there. Maybe this would curb that. We really have to do something about illegals in this country.
  • gg~POTL~PWCM~JLA 2011/01/30 18:08:22
    gg~POTL~PWCM~JLA
    +4
    Good. Tow them, ticket them and take it away. Uninsured drivers should not be on the road and all the better if it gets an illegal alien off of our highways.
  • seadog6608PWCM 2011/01/30 17:51:49
  • ACE 2011/01/30 17:51:36
    ACE
    +3
    excellent!!!
  • jjo 2011/01/30 17:15:14
    jjo
    +4
    Good idea and I hope they do it.
  • WhyZeeGuy 2011/01/30 16:53:26
    WhyZeeGuy
    +6
    I'm a native Dallasite and I agree with just everything about this law but it's really pissing me off.

Dallas rush hour traffic is our daily version of the Daytona 500. The down side is Julio and Marie are now driving way below the speed limit and clogging up traffic big time. And now they're using turn signals, thus confusing visitors that this is acceptable behavior. Also, they're stopping at Stop signs and not rolling them, stopping at yellow lights, waiting the full 3 second rule at right turn red lights!!!
  • babaji5... WhyZeeGuy 2011/01/30 18:10:32
  • WhyZeeGuy babaji5... 2011/01/30 18:25:51
    WhyZeeGuy
    +1
    sarcasm in full swing
  • babaji5... WhyZeeGuy 2011/01/30 18:28:02
  • JAA WhyZeeGuy 2011/01/31 06:49:43
    JAA
    You're obviously not driving the same streets and freeways that I'm driving. I-30, I-20, 408, and Downtown are full of Hispanics that don't know where their turn signal is located, and change lanes without looking for oncoming traffic. They're just as bad as the cell phone users who have no idea that anyone but them are on the road.
  • Michaelene 2011/01/30 16:44:52
    Michaelene
    +6
    Philadelphia does this too. If you are stopped without insurance, or registration or license then goodbye vehicle!
    As a person that was permantly injured by an uninsured driver, I love it!
  • Koatz 2011/01/30 16:44:32
    Koatz
    +1
    Not sure I agree with that ordinance. It seems like a shot-gun approach, hitting even those who are legal Americans. And, of course, does it really target illegals if they can simply go get insurance? NO!

Well intentioned, but not really a good idea, imo.
  • ACE Koatz 2011/01/30 17:53:36
    ACE
    +2
    it makes people get insurance. i think its a damn good ordinance.
  • Koatz ACE 2011/01/30 22:02:26
    Koatz
    Sure it does, but isn't the objective to rid the country of illegals, not make everyone get insurance???
  • ACE Koatz 2011/01/30 22:36:17
    ACE
    no it is not the only objective
  • JAA Koatz 2011/01/31 06:52:06 (edited)
    JAA
    Everyone should have their insurance coverage, anyway. It's the LAW. This is an excellent idea!! If no one breaks the law, they have nothing to be concerned about. Are you promoting law-breaking? Not many insurance carriers are going to insure someone who is illegal.
  • Koatz JAA 2011/01/31 17:50:10
    Koatz
    Are you promoting law-breaking?

Where the heck did you get that from?

The discussion is about whether the Dallas ordinance is the solution to the illegal alien problem, not about everybody getting or having insurance. And, as for insurance carriers not insuring illegals, I challenge you to show me the insurance companies that are not insuring illegals who have driver's licenses.
  • JAA Koatz 2011/01/31 18:33:21 (edited)
    JAA
    I know what the discussion is about, smarta*s:
    "under a new regulation that took effect on the first of October the state [Texas] has tightened its licensing policies even more by requiring that foreign nationals prove they are in the United States lawfully before they can get an original license or renew an existing license or get a duplicate license or ID card. This is all being done in the name of national security."

"Of the hundreds of auto insurance companies in Texas, 'there may be a small number of companies that would sell insurance to a driver who does not have a valid driver’s license, but I am not familiar with any of those companies,' said Jerry Johns, President of an insurance trade association representing companies in Texas and Oklahoma.
    http://www.americanautoinsura...

I'm not going to spend my valuable time trying to give you a list of all of these insurance carriers, sorry.
  • Koatz JAA 2011/01/31 18:55:09
  • JAA JAA 2011/01/31 18:57:21
    JAA
    ROFL!! Nothing worse than a stuck up male who has been proven wrong! Thanks, Koatz, for blocking me, as you have shown your true colors.
  • micheleT BN-O 2011/01/30 16:39:34
    micheleT BN-O
    +5
    And Arizona, and state per state....
  • Blueskies 2011/01/30 16:08:42 (edited)
    Blueskies
    +1
    Sounds like LA.
    Around 1990 in Century City I parked briefly in temporary 2o min. parking while I went into the lobby to check where the longer term parking was located. Returning 4 min.'s later I saw my car being towed....
    Thirty min/s later, $250 for the tow, $20 for one 1/2 hours storage, taxi fare to the impound yard...

I hate Los Angeles.

Of course we were swamped in illegals in California, lated 70's on.

You all recall us begging the rest of the nation for support and help??? For the Fed's to do something???
    You all recall the illegal immigrants was one of the reasons we all had a grudge againsr Carter?

It really went wild '76/77, thats when the illegal immigration first surged big time.

California as you know raised a nation wide fuss over it but the rest of the Nation seemed to just tell us to go to hell and all Californians are moral monsters and too rich. The people across the USA told us were the ones no good, a bunch of evil racists. We saw it in the papers, and the national news, how you cared nothing about us in California.

Then in the 80's it went way over the top and just stayed there, and it became a joke. And clear we the people meant NOTHING, had NO say, NO political power.
    It is NOT our country. It's the country of the rich, not the workers who are in debt to the rich and own nothing much.

So we gave up.

2014/09/23 20:26:41