Daily Presidential Tracking Poll - Mitt Romney 48% of voters nationwide, Obama 45%

Quietman ~PWCM~JLA 2012/09/14 17:05:27

The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Friday shows Mitt Romney attracting support from 48% of voters nationwide, while President Obama earns 45% of the vote. Two percent (2%) prefer some other candidate, and five percent (5%) are undecided. See daily tracking history.

The recent numbers may have been impacted by a number of factors. Clearly, one is the fading of the president’s convention bounce. Last week, Scott Rasmussen anticipated this fade by noting that the conventions would have no lasting impact on the race.

Read More: http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/pol...

• JoeM~PWCM~JLA 2012/09/17 19:14:32
    JoeM~PWCM~JLA
    +1
    I hope the middle east helps bring the foreign policies of this administration to light. It can only help these numbers.
  • Hula girl - Friends not Fol... 2012/09/16 12:15:09
    Hula girl - Friends not Followers
    +1
    I can't believe there are still 45% still so drunk on lies from Obama. Really shows how many idiots there are in this country.
  • texasred 2012/09/15 21:21:12
    texasred
    +3
    The Libs will argue this, but it's been determined that most of the polls showing Obama ahead have been "rigged."

SURPRISE! OVERSAMPLING DEMS PUTS OBAMA IN LEAD
    http://www.breitbart.com/Big-...
  • cheetahlover156 2012/09/15 03:22:53
    cheetahlover156
    +6
    I hope Romney still leads in the polls come November
  • kaZappoo 2012/09/15 02:48:16
    kaZappoo
    +2
    these polls are tainted ,, and total B/S ...and depends on the side your on as to what your gonna believe ..and the fact if your programmed or not !

I know one side is desperate & one side is filling audiences with followers !

and 1,500 out of a 20,k auditorium isn't a strong following !
  • adeenmc... kaZappoo 2012/09/15 04:13:26
  • evangelism_vision 2012/09/15 02:15:34
    evangelism_vision
    +4
    Obama having been caught trying to change the Polls with Gallup, I believe that Obama is very far behind and the Liberal media, including FOX is projecting false numbers to the Public.

I believe that far far more people believe that Obama is a total and complete Jack Wagon and that his Leadership has failed and It is a fact that there are a great number of People who voted for Obama in 2008 that have already said that they will not again.

That being said, Seniors are hearing the message and they understand how Obama ripped off Funds from Medicare to use for ObamaCare and they will be in Great numbers voting for Romney as I will also.

I DO NOT TRUST POLLS AT ALL but this I know.... OBAMA! YOUR DAYS ARE NUMBERED AS THE SCABS ON A DOGS......... you fill in what you think I was going to say!
  • evangel... evangel... 2012/09/15 02:16:19
  • John BNO 2012/09/15 02:05:01 (edited)
    John BNO
    I think Rasmussen reports need to be updated.

In the Detroit Free Press the following was reported today: "In the week after the political conventions ended, President Barack Obama has opened the most significant, sustained lead in the daily Gallup Poll since Mitt Romney emerged as the Republican nominee last spring. Disappointing unemployment statistics released last Friday haven't stemmed Obama's rise, and Romney's sharp criticism of the president in recent days during the crisis in Libya opened a new line of attacks against the GOP challenger.

With 53 days and three presidential debates to go, strategists in both parties say there's time for Romney to recover lost ground. But even some Republican analysts warn that the former Massachusetts governor faces a political landscape that has become steeper as the campaign heads into the home stretch.

The Gallup Poll showed Obama leading Romney 50%-44% Thursday among registered voters. A Fox News poll Wednesday also had Obama ahead, 48%-43% among likely voters."

Here is data from other polling sources. Average them together and Obama is ahead by a large margin, especially in the toss-up states.

Polling Data
    Poll Date Sample MoE Obama (D) Romney (R) Spread
    RCP Average 9/4 - 9/13 -- -- 48.6 45.5 Obama 3.1
    Rasmussen (Friday) 3-Day Tracking...

Polling Data
    Rasmussen (Friday) 3-Day Tracking 1500 LV 3.0 45 48 Romney 3
    CBS News/NY Times 9/8 - 9/12 1162 LV 3.0 49 46 Obama 3
    Gallup (Friday) 7-Day Tracking 3050 RV 2.0 49 44 Obama 5
    Democracy Corps (D) 9/8 - 9/12 1000 LV 3.1 50 45 Obama 5
    FOX News 9/9 - 9/11 1056 LV 3.0 48 43 Obama 5
    Esquire/Yahoo! News 9/7 - 9/10 724 LV 5.0 50 46 Obama 4
    Reuters/Ipsos 9/7 - 9/10 873 LV 3.4 48 45 Obama 3
    ABC News/Wash Post 9/7 - 9/9 710 LV 4.5 49 48 Obama 1
    CNN/Opinion Research 9/7 - 9/9 709 LV 3.5 52 46 Obama 6
    IBD/CSM/TIPP 9/4 - 9/9 808 RV 3.5 46 44 Obama 2
  • texasred John BNO 2012/09/15 21:22:02
  • John BNO texasred 2012/09/16 18:03:47
    John BNO
    Are you trying to tell me all 11 polling results that I sampled are erroneous because of Democrat oversampling??
  • texasred John BNO 2012/09/16 18:28:50
    texasred
    +1
    I'm not trying to tell you anything. I'm suggesting you read how the sampling is being done and that two Dems support the reports of oversampling of Dems:

http://www.examiner.com/artic...

http://dailycaller.com/2012/0...

http://www.weeklystandard.com...

http://www.thegatewaypundit.c...
  • John BNO texasred 2012/09/17 12:07:10
    John BNO
    +1
    I can agree with the oversampling issue but just not with 11 different polls and they seem to coincide quite closely at the moment. The Rasmussen poll was only one of the 11 that seemed to show a totally opposite result. I don't try to explain it, I just quickly glance at them in passing.
  • texasred John BNO 2012/09/18 04:44:19
    texasred
    Just keep it in mind.
  • wedge56 2012/09/15 01:13:09
  • Space Invader 2012/09/15 00:47:19
    Space Invader
    +2
    And it will continue to change..it's a year of confusion and turmoil..
  • Kat ♪ ~BTO-t-BCRA-F~ ♪ 2012/09/15 00:32:38
    Kat ♪ ~BTO-t-BCRA-F~ ♪
    +2
    Would be more if they did a decent poll.
  • RhinoRT 2012/09/15 00:27:15
    RhinoRT
    +5
    polls don't mean SQUAT carter led Reagan by 20 points at this same point of the game and Reagan SPANKED him! polls had john kerry winning against Bush all the way up to election day, even exit polls had him leading. polls had a lot more democrats winning in 2010 and Republicans walked away with the house and gained many senate seats. the state I live in has not had a republican majority in the House or Senate in 150 years that is going to change in a couple months.
    Just like the 2010 mid terms Republicans are going to turn out in droves and vote this marxist liar n chief out of office...polls be damned
  • ««Gingey, the Master Debate... 2012/09/14 23:25:56
    ««Gingey, the Master Debater of Þ|-|Дэ†»»
    +2
    That's not what five thirty eight says.

Obama has about an 80% chance of winning the election. Sorry, repubs. http://fivethirtyeight.blogs....
  • dallasjoe 2012/09/14 22:35:05
    dallasjoe
    The real issue is where are the votes You win California by 1 single Vote you get 54 or so Electoral College Votes You win ak ND MT ID SD DEL WY NV VT NH RI and Me and you win them by 15% GUESS what you do not have 54 Electoral college votes
  • 9th of 9 2012/09/14 22:33:35
    9th of 9
    Proud member of the 2% club.
  • realityjunkie 2012/09/14 21:52:06
    realityjunkie
    +2
    Rasmussen is a Conservative poll. It is not a true source. All the other polls are siding with Obama. http://www.realclearpolitics....
  • Al B Th... reality... 2012/09/15 01:09:59
    Al B Thayer
    +1
    Ras has the best record and predicted Obama over McCain. But you prolly supported them then.
  • Navajogirl reality... 2012/09/15 05:26:07
    Navajogirl
    +1
    Oh yeah, you better go to MSNBC to get a balance and objective opinion.
  • reality... Navajogirl 2012/09/15 05:35:41
    realityjunkie
    Yeah. I selectively watch opinion news. I probably watch Fox more as my parents have it on 24/7 and I see them often. I give Fox less than a minute to butcher a fact. They never fail me!
  • Broddy 2012/09/14 21:44:01
    Broddy
    +2
    that 5% ...(ME) who are actually not undecided but just don't feel it is any ones damn business who i vote for is who will decide the election as always.

The good news is Obama will continue to do nothing like always and his numbers should become even worse as more and more people are awakened to the total and complete failure he has been as President.
  • dubbie 2012/09/14 21:35:39 (edited)
    dubbie
    +1
    Better watch out polling showing Romney ahead , They`ll get Axelrod threatening again
  • reality... dubbie 2012/09/14 21:53:02
    realityjunkie
    +1
    It is the only poll showing Ronmey ahead. http://www.realclearpolitics....
  • dubbie reality... 2012/09/14 22:00:45
    dubbie
    +1
    The one that matters will also
  • dave b 2012/09/14 21:25:04
    dave b
    +1
    I saw this....the percentage points will go higher for Romney, especially after Obama's self created disaster in Libya and elsewhere.
    There is also the SECOND credit downgrade on his watch down to AA-......Obama and his followers are destroying our country.
  • Tortoise 2012/09/14 21:09:49
    Tortoise
    +2
    omg...obama must go
  • 4570GOVT 2012/09/14 20:59:09
    4570GOVT
    +3
    I Believe It ! - It's gonna' be a SQEEKER alright . My greatest fear is Cheating on the part of the Democrats , Due To The FACT That The Votes Coming From OVERSEAS Will be Counted By A SPANISH Company " OWNED BY A BIG OBAMA CONTRIBUTOR " . Cheating is a way of life with this president ( He won his very first election in Chicago by having ALL of his rivals DISQUALIFIED ! ) . Our Service Members , Who Usually Vote Republican , May Have Their Votes STOLEN !
    +4
    That does it. Undecideds always break for the challenger.
  • Friday - Just the Facts 2012/09/14 20:15:53 (edited)
    Friday - Just the Facts
    +3
    I will see your 1 Right Leaning Poll and Raise you 10 Polls plus an average of Polls including your Rassmussen Poll!

http://www.realclearpolitics....

You are Cherry Picking the only Poll that leans in your favor.
    cherry picking
  • Quietma... Friday ... 2012/09/14 21:01:15
    Quietman   ~PWCM~JLA
    +3
    You wouldn't know a fact if it was hanging off your butt
  • Friday ... Quietma... 2012/09/14 21:19:37
    Friday - Just the Facts
    +3
    Oh Snap! You are so witty. But the complete lack of an argument to defend your indefensible position says more that words could ever say!
  • Quietma... Friday ... 2012/09/14 21:29:32
    Quietman   ~PWCM~JLA
    +1
    Here ya go amrta$$:

Don't Shoot The Messenger: CU Study Predicts Romney Win
    by: nancycronk
    Wed Aug 22, 2012 at 22:15:45 PM MDT

( - promoted by Colorado Pols)

A new University of Colorado study produced a model that would have correctly predicted every Presidential election since 1980, and it predicts that Willard "Mitt" Romney will be the 45th President of the United States. The study, done by Political Science Professors Michael Berry from CU Denver and Ken Bickers from CU Boulder, uses different indicators than most other models. Instead of looking at one measurement of economic health for each state, it looks at two -- per capita income, as well as that state's unemployment number. According to the model, every battleground state will go to Romney, including Florida, Virginia, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, Minnesota, New Hampshire and Colorado, making the grand total Romney 320 to Obama 218.

The model also correctly predicted what happened

http://www.coloradopols.com/d...
  • reality... Quietma... 2012/09/14 21:58:10
    realityjunkie
    D.C. Current | SATURDAY, JULY 21, 2012
    Sharp Trader: Obama Will Win
    By JIM MCTAGUE | MORE ARTICLES BY AUTHOR
    A quantitative trader with an excellent record at calling elections sees Obama beating Romney.
    Article
    Comments (42)

Email
    Print
    Reprints

smaller
    Larger
    I'm jealous. Over the years, my election predictions have proven no better than a coin-toss. Quantitative trader Reid Holloway, on the other hand, has called the actual electoral-vote outcome of three of the four past presidential elections. Roll over, Ty Cobb: If Holloway's 2012 prediction holds up, then he'll be batting .800.

What's on Holloway's magic viewing screen? The trader, who operates quietly from Litchfield County, Conn., foresees an Obama victory, with 325 electoral votes for the incumbent versus 213 for GOP challenger Mitt Romney. Holloway doesn't relish the outcome; he favors Romney-style self reliance over Obama's Big Government. But Holloway's computer model tells him Obama's victory is all but inevitable.

Holloway's election formula is based on one he developed to predict market volatility among the S&P 500's market segments. The market formula is a key tool for Holloway's proprietary trading firm, which is in the sub-$100 million size group. Each market segment has a mean volatility. When a segment's volatility mo...
    D.C. Current | SATURDAY, JULY 21, 2012
    Sharp Trader: Obama Will Win
    Article
    Comments (42)

Email
    Print
    Reprints

smaller
    Larger

Holloway's election formula is based on one he developed to predict market volatility among the S&P 500's market segments. The market formula is a key tool for Holloway's proprietary trading firm, which is in the sub-$100 million size group. Each market segment has a mean volatility. When a segment's volatility moves to an extreme, his model flags it and predicts when it will revert to its norm.
    http://online.barrons.com/art...
  • Kate An... Friday ... 2012/09/14 21:03:32
    Kate Anderson
    +1
    You need your cuticles clipped.
  • Patriotic Friday ... 2012/09/14 21:25:33
    Patriotic
    +2
    He sure is...the same website shows President Obama leading in other areas, but he chose this particular poll. For all of you who don't believe me, go to the Rasmussen link below.

http://www.rasmussenreports.c...

2014/10/02 06:38:13