Criticize me all you want, but Obama's "wiping away of tears" as he spoke yesterday of the heartbreaking tragedy in Connecticut was disingenuous...I believe Obama uses every opportunity he can as an emotion-building photo-op for political advantage...

Howler 2012/12/15 18:26:21

• rightside 2012/12/24 16:38:20
    Agree
    rightside
    +1
    bama's gone on a tax payer vacation again. bama doesn't care if we go over the cliff, he has all of our money anyway.
    The man is more than despicable.
  • princess 2012/12/22 10:41:57
    Agree
    princess
    +1
    I agree, and this was my exact sentiment. His fake sympathizing made me sick to my stomach.
  • 4CommonSense 2012/12/18 22:39:06
    Agree
    4CommonSense
    +1
    I don't understand that if a majority of people on SH agree, then tell me why did Obama get re-elected?
  • Howler 4Common... 2012/12/19 02:38:38
    Howler
    SH participation is probably not an indicator of the voting population.
  • Red Howler 2012/12/23 17:21:59
  • Red 4Common... 2012/12/23 17:18:13
  • 4Common... Red 2012/12/24 16:33:05
    4CommonSense
    +1
    So did I. Great choice.
  • Ashley 2012/12/17 16:09:47
    Agree
    Ashley
    +1
    He has friends who can give him acting lessons..
  • 4Common... Ashley 2012/12/24 16:36:03
    4CommonSense
    +2
    What a photo op. He will probably get the Oscar award for Best Actor. What a phony.
  • Claybern 2012/12/17 03:14:48
    Agree
    Claybern
    +2
    This POTUS is as phony as his VP.
  • jasmine1 2012/12/17 01:43:58
    Agree
    jasmine1
    +3
    I didn't either and I watched carefully. Just another ploy to try to convince people that he is human. More Liberal propanganda!
  • Oltom 2012/12/17 00:57:53
    Agree
    Oltom
    +4
    Obama is a liar who can't even be honest about being a socialist!
  • Robert Helms 2012/12/16 21:06:10
    Agree
    Robert Helms
    +4
    For a few weeks shy of four years, the American people have been watching this man divide this nation (into fragmented parts), rich/poor, conservative/liberal, socialist/free capitalist, christian/atheist, and the list goes on, no matter the issue, he will divide the people and then leave town for one of his vacations, or overseas tours, but regardless, the trip will only be more of his continued (perpetual) campaign. with the little press release, he was doing ok until he used his index finger to sort of flick a tear away, it went well enough for the producer, that they did it several more time. i had to leave the content of the show i was watching and go into the bathroom and throw up! He is such a phony! that he will put his mark on a community's grieving. I was looking on google search for images of the event... there are more of obama than on the ones killed by a crazed shooter!
  • thefatguy 2012/12/16 18:10:37
    Agree
    thefatguy
    +4
    Obie is a fraud in every way - a phony pretending he was so emotionally moved by the tragedy he could barely speak, a phony Christian, a phony President.
    pretending emotionally moved tragedy barely speak phony christian phony president
  • Stan 2012/12/16 17:39:59
    Disagree
    Stan
    +5
    It is not whether people will criticize you. I believe your statement (and a 100 or so others like it that have been posted) speaks to one I saw yesterday asking : "Why do so many use a tragedy to further their agenda?", which you seem to be doing. I find it rather offensive that so many have chosen to follow that road and will leave you what I replied to that individual.

At best, the question is glaringly disingenuous. Just as much so were it to have been posed in the following way: "Why do so many people downplay a tragedy to maintain their agenda?" Neither do any help in addressing the issue.

If a reasonable person is able to wrap their arms around the sheer horror those innocent children must have felt at a stage in life where they seek out and have learned to expect safety, trust, consolation and love from adults, only to experience the last seconds of a life seeing heads explode around them, all caused BY a grown-up, then I believe a question such as this is absurd.

Having said that, there is much to be done in a nation that watches more people get shot every year than soldiers died in the entire Vietnam War, while in a nation like Japan, with 128 Million people, there were TWO gun related homicides in 2112. Perhaps we can all start to care more about these thousand...

Having said that, there is much to be done in a nation that watches more people get shot every year than soldiers died in the entire Vietnam War, while in a nation like Japan, with 128 Million people, there were TWO gun related homicides in 2112. Perhaps we can all start to care more about these thousands? I would hope that as a Nation we find the strength to do so and, in succeeding, honor these children and their families who have been going through grief most of us will never begin to comprehend.

To the extent that there are many possible sides and arguments for or against several ways to address the issues, would it not make more sense to work together to honor the memory of so many, while saving so many more in the future? I think it would be, and sincerely hope there are many who do as well....
  • Howler Stan 2012/12/16 17:53:02
  • Stan Howler 2012/12/16 19:18:23
    Stan
    +3
    You're quite welcome, although your summarily dismissing the issue with a comment such as "maybe a past decision by the Obama admin AND Congress for the past few years to cut school security funding is a good example" is as hollow as its author's critical faculties, apparently. Rather than clinging so dearly to the your single catch-all statement, no matter how flawed, you might take a look at not only what States have done with the issue, especially in view of the fact that so many conservatives blame everyone for looking for handouts from the Federal Governement. I would suggest that you also include a decade of rather useless wars, combined with the following list which together go a long way in showing a systemic problem of revenue.

1) Exxon Mobil made $19 billion in profits in 2009. Exxon not only paid no federal income taxes, it actually received a $156 million rebate from the IRS, according to its SEC filings. (Source: Exxon Mobil's 2009 shareholder report filed with the SEC here.)

2) Bank of America received a $1.9 billion tax refund from the IRS last year, although it made $4.4 billion in profits and received a bailout from the Federal Reserve and the Treasury Department of nearly $1 trillion. (Source: Forbes.com here, ProPublica here and Treasury here.)

3) Over the pas...

3) Over the past five years, while General Electric made $26 billion in profits in the United States, it received a $4.1 billion refund from the IRS. (Source: Citizens for Tax Justice here and The New York Times here. Note: despite rumors to the contrary, the Times has stood by its story.)

4) Chevron received a $19 million refund from the IRS last year after it made $10 billion in profits in 2009. (Source: See 2009 Chevron annual report here. Note 15 on page FS-46 of this report shows a U.S. federal income tax liability of $128 million, but that it was able to defer $147 million for a U.S. federal income tax liability of $-19 million)

5) Boeing, which received a $30 billion contract from the Pentagon to build 179 airborne tankers, got a $124 million refund from the IRS last year. . (Source: Paul Buchheit, professor, DePaul University, here and Citizens for Tax Justice here.)

6) Valero Energy, the 25th largest company in America with $68 billion in sales last year received a $157 million tax refund check from the IRS and, over the past three years, it received a $134 million tax break from the oil and gas manufacturing tax deduction. (Source: the company's 2009 annual report, pg. 112, here.)

7) Goldman Sachs in 2008 only paid 1.1 percent of its income in taxes even though it earned a profit of $2.3 billion and received an almost $800 billion from the Federal Reserve and U.S. Treasury Department. (Source: Bloomberg News here, ProPublica here, Treasury Department here.)

8) Citigroup last year made more than $4 billion in profits but paid no federal income taxes. It received a $2.5 trillion bailout from the Federal Reserve and U.S. Treasury. (Source: Paul Buchheit, professor, DePaul University, here, ProPublica here, Treasury Department here.)

9) ConocoPhillips, the fifth largest oil company in the United States, made $16 billion in profits from 2006 through 2009, but received $451 million in tax breaks through the oil and gas manufacturing deduction. (Sources: Profits can be found here. The deduction can be found on the company's 2010 SEC 10-K report to shareholders on 2009 finances, pg. 127, here)

10) Over the past five years, Carnival Cruise Lines made more than $11 billion in profits, but its federal income tax rate during those years was just 1.1 percent. (Source: The New York Times)

As for your rather obtuse and unlettered "salutation", I an undoubtedly not alone in concluding "Consider the source"...:)

All the best!
  • Howler Stan 2012/12/16 19:39:20 (edited)
  • Stan Howler 2012/12/16 20:25:26
    Stan
    +4
    Not a problem in pointing anything out.

And lest we forget, you authored this thread with the title "Criticize me all you want, but Obama's "wiping away of tears" as he spoke yesterday of the heartbreaking tragedy in Connecticut was disingenuous...I believe Obama uses every opportunity he can as an emotion-building photo-op for political advantage...", hardly requires brail for a blind person to notice your slant of opportunistically bashing the President "at such a grievous time". And you accuse others of hypocrisy? Please!
  • Howler Stan 2012/12/16 21:18:14 (edited)
  • Stan Howler 2012/12/17 01:14:51
  • Howler Stan 2012/12/17 02:39:33 (edited)
  • Stan Howler 2012/12/17 16:29:20
    Stan
    +4
    At a certain point, it becomes evident that I may be talking with a person with an IQ of 12.
    1) Precisely what, in my statement that you seem to obsess over, is "political"?
    2) Explain how you yourself are not taking advantage of a tragedy to spew your drivel re the President?
    3) Up till now, you have had nothing to say as you have not answered any of this. As long as you are unable to do so, feel free not to reply so that I don't keep getting notification that you did. They have become tediously disappointing in their lack of content.
    4) You might check in to your constant fetish-like requests for criticism in the majority of your posts to all. Believe me, the requests are hardly needed.
    5) You might give some thought to widening you worldview past the local communal outhouse. Perhaps the local Seven Eleven? You can gently work your way out from there...It's rather painless really! :)
    Be well.
  • Howler Stan 2012/12/17 16:55:39 (edited)
    Howler
    You say -
    "Precisely what, in my statement that you seem to obsess over, is "political"?"

Ha ha...Now that's a good one....You assert that I'm "obsessed" with your statement when it is obvious that YOU allowed yourself to be drawn into participation on MY poll statement and can't seem to give it up...Oh boy.

I think that question is a good one, but it is one you should be answering about yourself and Obama.

Surely you don't think I care what you state about me personally...Have at it, and ENJOY it my dear friend.

Feel free to continue to allow yourself to be obsessed with your participation on a poll question which you have already concluded states nothing.

Funny fellow you are.

And I do think you state plenty...It's just that we disagree...And I know how hard it is for a left-leaning liberal to accept disagreement - especially when it comes to Barack Obama.

Sorry, you'll just have to keep coming back, block me, me block you, or leave.

The choice is yours -- for now.

Bless you and the very best to you.
  • Stan Howler 2012/12/17 17:43:13
    Stan
    +3
    Yet again, your steadfast intellectual paralysis prevents you from answering. "Oh boy" indeed!

Finally, while thanking you for so valiantly proving my point with every post does come to mind, the more charitable side of me conjures up a certain pity for your inability to perform the quite simple task of rational thinking.

I'll let you get back to Fox/Tass so as not to miss the blonde and the brightly colored set! :)

All the best!

PS: An article you might appreciate...:)
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sc...
  • Howler Stan 2012/12/17 18:01:10
    Howler
    I'm glad you think you got your point proven...It sure makes me feel better.

Not following the "Fox/Tass" thing, but if it pleases you, then OK with me.

Fun article...thanks for the link.

..And the best to you my dear, left-leaning, liberal, Obama-supporting friend.

Criticism always welcome.
  • Stan Howler 2012/12/17 19:26:28
    Stan
    +3
    Quite welcome. And if you couldn't follow the Fox/Tass reference, simply Google "Tass" I'm fairly confident you'll get it...lol
  • Howler Stan 2012/12/17 20:11:58 (edited)
    Howler
    Nope..Don't get it....There are about 23,000,000 hits on TASS and it doesn't seem to recognize any connection between Fox/Tass...

I'm not THAT interested, but you just keep coming back to the post that says "nothing"...lol

You must remember..You are much more intelligent than I am.

You are welcome to explain if you want...If not, OK too.

God bless you my white-haired child.
  • Stan Howler 2012/12/17 21:38:32
    Stan
    +5
    Have you answered yet, pray tell? No. And to think 2 simple questions have you too frazzled to do so! I rest my case...

Also, re: Tass,what a sad commentary on someone of your age's worldview. Not only you didn't have a clue, even as the very 1st entry stared out at you when you googled it, but as all those with such stunted ability to research anything, you found the prospect of having to put 2 and 2 together far too daunting a task. So, to keep it simple for you, Tass was the Propoganda machine of the then Soviet Union.

Having said that, given the towering intellect you appear to possess, I shan't expect you to make a logical connection with Fox, but by way of encouragement, keep trying and you just may achieve a modicum of understanding as to the world around you...

And may your sky-daddy bless you as well, Grasshopper :)
  • Howler Stan 2012/12/17 22:04:16 (edited)
    Howler
    I had not a problem with TASS, but I could not put together the adjoining of "Fox/Tass"...Made no sense.

TASS was a product of the Soviet political machine.

If FOX is a product of the Obama admin, somebody better let Obama know since he and his admin don't care too much for FOX.

But you might have something with a comparison of TASS and MSNBC.

The Progressive, Obama government seems to hate FOX.

The Progressive, Obama government seems to love and even to use MSNBC...( I read where Schultz, O'Donnell, Maddow and Sharpton - all who work for MSNBC -recently were meeting with Obama).

So TASS = FOX to you.

And to Obama TASS = MSNBC (also might include NPR, PBS, CNN, ABC, CBS, NBC depending on varying opinions).

Hey, that's a good one, but it kind of shows your ignorance (just a little)...No offense.

Oh well...Whatever....I don't partake of any of it on TV, just the Web, so whatever floats your boat.

______________________

You have a "case"?....From..."nothing"?

Hmmm...One's gotta wonder why you are so easily and repeatedly sucked in to discourse that you label as "nothing" and of lower intellect...Especially when there are literally thousands of other members with multiple polls and questions - But, you choose the "lower intellect"...Not a good sign, my boy.

Funny fellow you surely are.

God ble...

So TASS = FOX to you.

______________________

You have a "case"?....From..."nothing"?

Funny fellow you surely are.

God bless you my white-haired, goofy-ass child.

No wonder your an atheist...I would be too if I thought of God as a "sky-daddy"...lol

But, I realize opinions and beliefs vary about most everything.

You surely don't seem intelligent enough to have been raised by a U.S. State Dept. diplomat..Maybe that's why you have an air of pseudo-intellectual conceit and post so many pictures of just yourself on your profile..

I looked at that, and THAT was hilarious...Just you..multiple times...Just posing for the camera...LOL..Funny, funny stuff.

Take care my pseudo-intellectual, son-of-a-diplomat, self-glorifying, left-wing, Obama-supporting friend.

I am going to take it that we are done here since you decided to "rest" your "case"...
  • juneath... Stan 2012/12/16 18:30:23
  • hatter 2012/12/16 16:59:41
    Agree
    hatter
    +1
    he's a player and you've been played. I'm sure he had some sadness in his heart. But he just milked it for all its worth.
  • joe keeney 2012/12/16 16:17:06
    Agree
    joe keeney
    +3
    Play for the camera.
  • Wahvlvke 2012/12/16 15:11:48 (edited)
    Agree
    Wahvlvke
    +3
    It's what you get when stupid people are allowed to vote ... as well as stupid dead people and stupid illegal voters.
  • thomas.ilgenfritz 2012/12/16 12:57:31
    Disagree
    thomas.ilgenfritz
    +2
    I think you are a cold hearted person that doesn't recognize true emeotion..You are like John Mccain...a sorry loser that will use every opportunity to criticize the president......
  • Howler thomas.... 2012/12/16 14:51:52
    Howler
    +3
    Thank you.

But, I haven't lost anything, and I am not sorry when I criticize Barack Obama...Unless he changes politically and ideologically I will criticize him to my dying breath.

And for this I would criticize him even if he did change, simply because it was so phony.

I certainly don't mind your criticism of me, however.
  • dick Howler 2012/12/16 17:10:01
  • dick thomas.... 2012/12/16 17:05:22 (edited)
  • boo63 2012/12/16 11:22:44
    Agree
    boo63
    +4
    he was so faking the tears
  • LEFT IS NOT RIGHT 2012/12/16 08:59:02 (edited)
    Agree
    LEFT IS NOT RIGHT
    +4
    I would be willing to bet that the heartless liar has never shed a tear in his life! tear drop

2014/11/23 00:43:23