CP-USA lawsuit against the Democratic Party and its leadership for the alleged theft of intellectual property?

Andy Devine 2010/10/31 14:28:45
The Communist Party should have made it work like we did.
We won the war shut up with the lawsuits already.
They stole our entire platform, rebranded it 'progressive', and claimed it as their own," declared a CPUSA spokesperson at a press conference in San Francisco. "And we communists say, not so fast! Not in this country anyway, where we still have property rights and the rule of law, thank God! Actually, let me rephrase that..."
~
The Communist Party representative explained that government ownership of the auto and financial industries, redistribution of wealth, and free rationed healthcare have always been among the glorious CPUSA objectives: "We held on to these goals through all the difficult years of factional infighting, purges, denunciations, and heroic espionage on behalf of the Soviet intelligence services.

"This may seem like a foreign idea to you, but we sacrificed everything for it - our friends, our neighbors, and our nation. We suffered from all kinds of ulcers and split personality disorders by blindly following Stalin's directives. We risked our chances of promotion within US government agencies by dutifully advancing Soviet foreign policy. And for what? So that some spoiled Democrats could ride on our backs to power while throwing us crumbs in the form of minor cabinet appointments?

"It's just like taking someone else's hard-earned income and redistributing it! ... Never mind, bad example... It's like infiltrating a respectable organization and taking over its management while engaging in subversive propaganda and the rewriting of history... Whoops, bad example again... It's like being devoid of moral standards and rejecting all the norms and values of Judeo-Christian civilization... No, that was totally inappropriate. Scratch that...

"It's time we got our fair share of credit from the current administration. As a gesture of good will, we would be pleased to accept the credit in the form of stimulus checks, subsidies, and loan guarantees for our members. If not now, when?"

CPUSA lawyers presented documents to the press showing that the Democratic platform of 2010, almost-line-for-line, reiterates the CPUSA platform of 1963. As the lead attorney for the plaintiffs pointed out, even a casual reading shows that while the rhetoric occasionally varies, the underlying policies are nearly identical.

One of the posters pointed out rightly that this story was a satire and not an actual lawsuit. It was not my intention to deceive anyone. When I first read the story it was entirely plausible and matched my own beliefs regarding the current political leanings of the Democratic Party. If I have unintentionally deceived anyone I sincerely apologize.

• RobertChristopherLaity 2014/01/12 17:55:42 (edited)
    RobertChristopherLaity
    Obama WAS endorsed by the CPA in 2012. Obama belonged to the Socialist Party before he became a Democrat. The Democratic Party is NOT your father's Democratic Party. It should change it's name to the Commucratic party.
  • patriot88000 2011/01/21 08:20:15
    patriot88000
    Even though this is satire it is absolutely true all of the Democratic platforms are taken almost word for word from the Communist Manifesto.
  • Michaelene 2011/01/19 15:22:33
    Michaelene
    +1
    That's funny in a way like watching someone fall is funny.
    The problem I see is that fact that many communists, socialists, marxists and even anarchists register as democrats.
    They have also shown they will all work together toward the progressives goals. This was proven fact by the President Obama approved One Nation rally held on 10-10-10.
  • Crazy Bill 2011/01/13 23:48:24
  • Michaelene Crazy Bill 2011/01/19 15:23:57
    Michaelene
    Don't worry about Mr Twain, his books are being rewritten for future generations.
  • Crazy Bill Michaelene 2011/01/19 17:02:26
    Crazy Bill
    +1
    Fortunately I have the real versions.
  • Michaelene Crazy Bill 2011/01/19 17:15:10
    Michaelene
    +1
    I just bought them for my sisters two toddlers. Systemic censorship is anti-American!
  • Crazy Bill Michaelene 2011/01/19 17:45:12
    Crazy Bill
    They do seem to like rewriting history to their own benefit. Have you ever seen "Song of the South" by Disney made in 1951? The blacks had it pulled due to a not so flattering portrayal of the black mammy housekeeper, yet I have known this kind of thing to be a true fact. Makes me sick of all the pro-black crap. If they want my respect they can damn well earn it, something they have not done so far.
  • Michaelene Crazy Bill 2011/01/19 22:19:33
    Michaelene
    Maybe I can download that from the net. Disney has changed alot of their movies when they went from selling VH to DVD's. Lion King, for example, is missing two songs on the dvd.
  • Crazy Bill Michaelene 2011/01/19 22:46:58 (edited)
    Crazy Bill
    The whole damn movie is missing, not just some pieces.
  • Michaelene Crazy Bill 2011/01/20 18:51:01
    Michaelene
    I'll have to look into that with my Disney expert daughter
  • Crazy Bill Michaelene 2011/01/20 18:59:44
    Crazy Bill
    She probably isn't old enough.
  • debrarae POTL _ PWCM 2010/12/22 18:41:03 (edited)
    debrarae POTL _ PWCM
    IF the democrats won the war, than why did they lose in November?

The fact is that simply because Conservatism won in November, doesn't mean that we stay asleep.

And I support any Lawsuit (provided it's 'true' - don't think it is) that fights against the 'alleged theft of intellectual property'. ...especially when that suit can be proven in a court of law.
  • Steve☮END THE FED☮ 2010/11/05 00:32:27
    Steve☮END THE FED☮
    It is a bogus lawsuit - but oh so telling of the liberal's true colors.
  • possiblymaybe 2010/11/01 20:21:17
    possiblymaybe
    Show me proof of the lawsuit. I remember this being a satire on http://thepeoplescube.com/
  • Andy De... possibl... 2010/11/01 20:37:17
    Andy Devine
    +1
    And your point is? Political Satire is a type of humor that attempts to make a point through mockery. It can be a mockery of a person or political movement. Most satire is to achieve political change at a grass roots level. Does mocking the Democratic and Communist Parties in any way change the fundamental truths that were eloquently revealed in the article? The real question I would pose to you would be “Can you provide convincing evidence that any of the assumptions of the article are invalid?
  • possibl... Andy De... 2010/11/01 23:50:06 (edited)
    possiblymaybe
    Aside from the presenter bearing the burden of proof, I don't need any convincing. What I am concerned about is that some people actually believe there is a lawsuit without there being an evidence of that. Not so much online but offline mostly. I can see it already. Some well meaning conservative lady believes there is a lawsuit because this got on the gossip train and she got the news from a reliable friend. Then in discussion she makes herself look naive by bringing it up as a fact. Sure, online people can look stuff up more easily but once it get's on the offline community circuit it starts to snowball into something else.
  • Andy De... possibl... 2010/11/02 13:05:11
    Andy Devine
    It was not my intention to deceive anyone. You will notice I included the information in the jpeg that gave credit to the “The Peoples Cube”. When I read the story it was entirely plausible and matched my own beliefs regarding the current political leanings of the Democratic Party. Until you pointed out that it was a satire I was not aware of it. Here is a link to an article I found and posted in May of 2009 that also stated the same basic information.

• possibl... Andy De... 2010/11/02 16:59:08
    possiblymaybe
    +1
    I don't think you meant to deceive nor was being reprimanding. I just don't want anyone to make a fool of themselves. There is a lot of credible facts worthy of questioning already.
  • gr8punkin 2010/11/01 18:42:50
    gr8punkin
    +1
    Shouldn't the question be phrased as the theft of alleged intellectual property?
  • Don Leuty 2010/11/01 05:36:59
    Don Leuty
    +1
    The progressives are just trying to copy the NAZIs. Hitler plagiarized their Eugenics propoganda and euthanasia ideas Plagiarism save time and thinking.
  • Beccy 2010/11/01 01:19:38
    +1
    How about if we give them and Obama a one way ticket to China?
  • Torchmanner ~PWCM~JLA 2010/10/31 23:16:26
    Torchmanner ~PWCM~JLA
    +1
    Let's just arrest them both for treason and be done with the traitors.
  • danjac1263 2010/10/31 19:28:51
    danjac1263
    +1
    the communist party should sue, and win.
  • 12 Tone Melody 2010/10/31 17:27:37
    12 Tone Melody
  • TruBluTopaz 2010/10/31 16:35:22
    TruBluTopaz
    +3
    Six years ago, I noted that the DNC platform had been taken over by the most radical within the party. They espoused the same radical platform as the Green Party, which is subidized by the Communist Party. So I think CPUSA may have a case. Ironic that they would use our laws to petition.
  • apachehellfire65 2010/10/31 15:51:37
    apachehellfire65
    +4
    there's a difference between the communist party and the progressive liberal party?
  • Andy De... apacheh... 2010/10/31 16:14:32
    Andy Devine
    +5
    The name is different. That's as far as I would go.
  • apacheh... Andy De... 2010/10/31 16:31:22
    apachehellfire65
    +5
    very true! the communist's have been saying since the early part of the last century that the democrat's will do their dirty work for them. true communists century democrats dirty work
  • DavE 2010/10/31 15:31:31
    DavE
  • Dagon 2010/10/31 15:30:42
  • KellyJaye 2010/10/31 15:29:57
    KellyJaye
    +4
    Oh, the irony of it all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • DanaR 2010/10/31 15:23:08
  • Andy De... DanaR 2010/10/31 15:30:16
    Andy Devine
    +6
    It is all about power and control, always has been always will be. The useful pawns who spout allegiance to the communist revolution assume that they will be part of the ruling elite. Imagine their shock when they realize that they are part of the serfs like us.
  • Striker 2010/10/31 15:14:36
    Striker
    +5
    I could not care less about the lawsuit, but the parallels would be hilarious were it not so very threatening.
  • Andy De... Striker 2010/10/31 15:22:22
    Andy Devine
    +8
    I agree, isn’t it telling when the Communist Party brings a lawsuit against the Democrats for plagiarizing their party platform? The other thing I find telling is how many on both sides of the aisle claim to be Progressive.

• Gracie - Proud Conservative 2010/10/31 14:58:44
    Gracie - Proud Conservative
    +6
    Sue, baby, SUE!
  • Andy De... Gracie ... 2010/10/31 15:03:17 (edited)
    Andy Devine
    +9
    I love it. Finally a good use for the ninth circuit court!
  • Gracie ... Andy De... 2010/10/31 15:09:15

2014/04/23 17:07:53