Could world peace and freedom coexist?

Lily 2010/09/01 20:49:42
Related Topics: Long
After reading Aldous Huxley's Brave New World, I began to wonder, could world peace and freedom coexist? What are your thoughts on the matter?

• Dano 2010/09/01 22:30:54
    Yes! It will happen one day!
    Dano
    +3
    Yes!
    When Jesus comes down to clean house and rule the earth.
    jesus clean house rule earth

• Darnel 2010/09/04 21:37:30
    Darnel
    Yes,.. but it can't happen until people learn to leave others who don't believe what they do alone.

Our world History is full of it. In every Utopian grouping where people lived in peace, someone from the outside shows up and destroys it because of difference, religion, political leanings, or conquest.

Peace.
  • wise up 2010/09/02 20:01:52
    Yes! It will happen one day!
    wise up
    lets give it a try and see what happens....
  • Kinetic wise up 2010/09/03 20:37:44
  • r-w-wako 2010/09/02 18:44:38
    r-w-wako
    "World Peace" is a mortal impossibility.
  • holly go lightly 2010/09/02 18:29:03
    No. Freedom is something that has to be fought for as long as there is somebo...
    holly go lightly
    +1
    There will always be Evil in this world.Some one will always want to have control.So we'll have to fight till the end.
  • Kshark 2010/09/02 16:30:10
    Kshark
    Sad to say Freedom for all will not ever exist. Peace in this world will certainly never exist UNLESS we became one homogeneous world, which is realistically impossible, well unless the human race goes extinct.
  • GINGERBREAD 2010/09/02 16:11:43
    GINGERBREAD
    +2
    Freedom is something you have to fight for on a daily basis. Why you ask? Because there will always be governments that will want to curtail your freedom. It is the job of every citizen to watch the government like a mamma bear watches over her cubs. It is the job of every government to do everything they can to take away the citizen's rights. Whenever the citizen becomes complacent, government will become more intrusive, and vice a versa.
  • Alex Catgirl 2010/09/02 15:50:23
    Alex Catgirl
    Brave New World was written by and for LOSERS, the Gammas and Epsilons of the world, which we no longer need as hey, we can replace you with machines that do not think, or desire anything.

It's sad that humanity has allowed itself to be controlled by a bunch of has-been losers looking for a shot at something better.

The brave new world didn't have peace, they had one better - Harmony, the real thing, a society that just works...unlike ours.

And the cost? Humanity's heart and soul? The value of those things are on par with soiled toilet tissue...unless you are a LOSER, who gives a frack about them.
  • Kinetic Alex Ca... 2010/09/02 17:44:52
    Kinetic
    "It's sad that humanity has allowed itself to be controlled by a bunch of has-been losers looking for a shot at something better. "

Can you define 'something better' for pro-Americans with Americanism values who are under attack?
  • Lily Alex Ca... 2010/09/02 19:44:58
    Lily
    You do realize that Brave New World was a satire, correct?
  • Tasha 2010/09/02 15:48:03
    Tasha
    I know for myself that I live my life as freely and peacefully as I can and I seem to be doing all right so I know it's possible, but on a global scale I just don’t know... I don’t believe life is as simple as that..
  • Truth Matters 2010/09/02 15:00:51 (edited)
    Truth Matters
    +1
    World Peace and Freedom could theoretically co-exist, but the pre-requisite conditions are not likely to happen without Christ's return.

If Atheism rules, there is no basis for human rights, reliable moral truth, significance of man, ultimate accountability etc. Tyranny will always result as man pursues his appetites without concern for moral truth, ultimate accountability or recognizing any ultimate signifigance of human life.

If Islam were to conquer the world, there could be outward 'peace' (absence of war) but under tyranny without freedom or inner peace. Muhammed's Islam does not teach freedom, but forceful submission and tyrannical domination of infidels to Islam. Muhammed's teachings are the source of Islam's violence. Muslims behave violently because of Muhammed's teachings - not depite Muhammed's teachings

If the world accepted the teachings of Christ could peace and freedom be actualized. Of course, some men would still do man's evil 'in the name of' Christ - despite the clear teachings of Christ - but an informed, literate Christian population would not widely follow.

Of course people will point to the Inquisitions, Crusades and Witchburnings because these anomolies are all they are taught of Christian history. These anomolies happened despite the clear teac...

Of course people will point to the Inquisitions, Crusades and Witchburnings because these anomolies are all they are taught of Christian history. These anomolies happened despite the clear teachings of Christ, not because of Christ. Some men will always wrap their evil 'in the name of Christ' but not Christ's actual teachings.

The Bible indicates the world will not know peace until Christ returns. This certainly seems consistent with historic reality.
  • den Truth M... 2010/09/02 15:12:58
    den
    When Jesus returns to earth there will be peace and the Bible says He will rule with a rod of iorn. There is no perfect freedom and what little we have is being taken away by left wing polititions, judges etc
  • Cogs Truth M... 2010/09/02 17:23:26
    Cogs
    "If Atheism rules, there is no basis for human rights, reliable moral truth, significance of man, ultimate accountability etc."

Lol. Sky wizards aren't a prerequisite for humanism and acknowledgement of human rights.
  • harleyxx 2010/09/02 13:34:27 (edited)
    Yes! It will happen one day!
    harleyxx
    +1
    Yes, it will happen one day, When God's Kingdom destroys every last vestige of man's corrupt governments. Then and only then, when Gods Kingdom is established, will man enjoy both peace & freedom.

That is the whole reason Jesus instructed his followers to pray, "Thy Kingdom come..Thy will be done..On earth as it is in heaven." Dan 2:44 proves that this Kingdoms purpose is to destroy all of mans imperfect forms of government.

Anyone trusting in any human leader or political party to usher in peace is a fool.
  • Thor Am... harleyxx 2010/09/02 13:49:41
    Thor American EXPAT n New Guinea
    Not to nit pick but it's Thy Kingdom come THY will be done. (LOL sorry couldn't resist I get beat up on my spelling errors also). But you are ABSOLUTLY correct.
  • harleyxx Thor Am... 2010/09/02 13:53:29 (edited)
    harleyxx
    Thanks for the correction. That's what happens when I don't copy & paste!
  • SeánMurphy 2010/09/02 09:31:26
    Perhaps, but we are a long way off
    SeánMurphy
    Yes. Stupid question. But good point!
    Perhaps, but we are a long way off
    To make it happen, the World would have to be Christians, then work out for themselve a cultural Constitution foir their specific country that matches most of the one we have. etc. Like I said it would be hard.
  • Colbert 2010/09/02 04:23:15
    Perhaps, but we are a long way off
    Colbert
    We don't even have it here in the USA.
  • Kinetic Colbert 2010/09/02 13:02:54
    Kinetic
    There is disagreement but no one is at war with one another. What lack of peace do you see?
  • Truth M... Kinetic 2010/09/02 15:38:53
    Truth Matters
    +1
    Obama and the left are at war ON America... Does that count?

...Well there may be some analogy there.
  • Kinetic Truth M... 2010/09/02 15:41:45
    Kinetic
    +1
    That is a great point. Socialists everywhere support the attack on freedom, liberty, profit, Capitalism and prosperity in the US.

Thanks for your intelligent reply and waking me up. I missed that important point.
  • Colbert Kinetic 2010/09/03 06:32:54
    Colbert
    Wow. You think any anti-Obama post is an "intelligent reply."

You talk about supporting the attack on freedom? Where do you stand on the issue of the Islamic community center in Manhattan? I hope you know what freedom means.
  • Kinetic Colbert 2010/09/03 13:10:04
    Kinetic
    Why not just replace the hole created by Ialammists with a tribute to them? If we just submit to them, wouldn't there be 'peace'?
  • Colbert Kinetic 2010/09/03 20:12:58
    Colbert
    Why not just build a Swastika shaped building there?
    build swastika shaped building

I take it you're not familiar with freedom.
  • Kinetic Colbert 2010/09/03 20:31:07
    Kinetic
    "I take it you're not familiar with freedom."

Wow! You have too much time on your hands if you are going to be Photoshopping your images.

Everyone is free to worship in America. I am not only in favor of freedom, I encourage free speech because it is easier to tell the good guys from the Commies and other anti-Americans.

america favor freedom encourage free speech easier guys commies anti-americans

Further, I do not have to use Photoshop to show how Mohammedans promote marrying children to grown men. Sharia Law is anti-American and is what the Imam promotes for America.

promote marrying children grown sharia law anti-american imam promotes america promote marrying children grown sharia law anti-american imam promotes america
  • Colbert Kinetic 2010/09/04 02:29:12
    Colbert
    You think I photoshopped that? lol That is on a U.S. Naval Base in San Diego, California. Naval Amphibious Base Coronado (NAB Coronado)

Look it up yourself.
  • Kinetic Colbert 2010/09/04 04:19:23
    Kinetic
    "Look it up yourself."

I don't verify your claims. That's your job if you want someone to believe you.

I am able to back up my claims and that is what I am responsible for.
  • Colbert Kinetic 2010/09/04 15:26:32
    Colbert
    Ignorance is no excuse to be stupid.
  • Kinetic Colbert 2010/09/05 15:13:18
    Kinetic
    Not believing your claims is an indication that I am not stupid enough to fall for taqiyya regardless of your insults.
  • Colbert Kinetic 2010/09/05 17:47:50 (edited)
    Colbert
    The internet is there for your use.
  • Kinetic Colbert 2010/09/05 17:54:34
    Kinetic
    "I'm laughing at you now. I hope you know that."

There was nothing humorous said and I am unable to verify the claim regardless what you hope for.
  • Colbert Kinetic 2010/09/05 17:56:00
    Colbert
    You are only unable to verify the claim, because you're too ignorant to google it and find out. That's why I'm laughing.
  • Kinetic Colbert 2010/09/06 00:52:04
    Kinetic
    "You are only unable to verify the claim, because you're too ignorant to google it and find out."

I have never gone on wild goose chases for someone who makes unsubstantiated claims and I am not about to begin today.

"That's why I'm laughing."

As I said, there is no way to verify your laughing and nothing humorous was said. That is why I suspect you are being untruthful.
  • Colbert Kinetic 2010/09/06 03:08:24
    Colbert
    You want me to spoon feed you with information by providing you with verifiable links to defend the fact that I did not photoshop a picture to make it look like a Swastika shaped building exists? Ok.
    http://www.globalsecurity.org...

There is the website, and here is the picture on the homepage of said website.
    shaped building exists httpwww globalsecurity org website picture homepage website

Any questions?
  • Kinetic Colbert 2010/09/06 07:18:00
    Kinetic
    "Any questions?"

I studied the image. It does not include the supposed building you offered as some ridiculous 'evidence' of something.

You are not spoon feeding me with anything. I have two eyes and the link proves nothing.
  • Colbert Kinetic 2010/09/06 18:18:48 (edited)
    Colbert
    The Swastika Shaped building is right there near the bottom right of the peninsula.

You seriously missed that obvious building on that AMERICAN Naval Base? It's right there. I can't move your eyes for you, they're gonna have to do this themselves.

Edit: Click on the picture for a larger size if you have vision trouble.
  • Kinetic Colbert 2010/09/07 02:44:00
    Kinetic
    "The Swastika Shaped building is right there near the bottom right of the peninsula. "

Even if that were true, and I am still unable to verify it, it proves nothing whatsoever except that a contractor or architect had some devious plan to do this intentionally.

"You seriously missed that obvious building on that AMERICAN Naval Base? It's right there. I can't move your eyes for you, they're gonna have to do this themselves. "

I was in the US Navy. There is nothing Nazi about my service to the US, nothing at all remotely similar and it was the US who defeated the National Socialists in WWII.

Why you have a fixation on some building that proves nothing at all is beyond my comprehension.
  • Colbert Kinetic 2010/09/07 04:42:21
    Colbert
    Do you even know how to verify anything? Do you even know what verify means? Do you have to go to San Diego personally and see it for yourself?

I am only debunking your BS hypothesis that I photoshopped that picture. I did exactly that, and yet you still won't accept the truth. I can tell you're a Republican.

2014/09/30 13:52:59