Could we lose our 'right to bear arms'?

Torchmanner ~PWCM~JLA 2009/01/29 15:41:14
Yes, we are in danger of losing our rights......
Yes, the government will unlawfully 'infringe' the right to bear.....
The government will tax our ammo. out of reach...
No, the govenment doesn't want our guns...
This video is showing the results of guns rights being removed in England. Statements by a police officer and member of Parliment are on here. The resulting increase in crime is discussed. Do you think it could happen here? Please watch the video before you answer.

• Valkyries "In God We Trust" 2009/01/29 16:58:20 (edited)
    Valkyries "In God We Trust"
    +6
    Not only will they be taxing our ammo but they will also be making felons out of honest citizens with ludicrous laws. It seems to be a way to keep guns out of honest citizens hands. Felonies today are very easy to get and for victimless crimes seems a little bit silly, unless you look at the bigger picture. Felons are not allowed to posses firearms. Make it easier to get a felony and significantly reduce firearm ownership. The new ammo bill has a deadline for turn in on all un serial numbered ammunition. If you do not abide by this Unconstitutional law, you will be a criminal and will have a felony on your record if that ammo is every found. You therefore would not be allowed to own a firearm, vote or have any Constitutional Rights, guaranteed you by the Constitution and the Bill of Rights.

• DB0Y225 2011/06/23 20:32:49
    DB0Y225
    get your guns and ammo while you can!
  • orickle 2009/02/14 01:54:26 (edited)
    orickle
    Yes I do believe this will come to pass. The American people are sheep.
  • agnsttrnd*nation in turmoil* 2009/02/13 18:24:58
    agnsttrnd*nation in turmoil*
    Apathy breeds negligence. I don't think Americans would ever give up our guns.
  • ShadowWatcher 2009/01/31 03:24:27
    ShadowWatcher
    +2
    With the current leadership in this country you can bet that we need to be ever vigilant, and be prepared to act to try and prevent them. Because you can be sure that attempts will be made to infringe!
  • WannaBeRSC the Contrarian SOB 2009/01/30 13:24:46
    WannaBeRSC the Contrarian SOB
    +5
    Yes we can lose our rights, if we turn our backs on the fight.
  • jayc32~just me~ 2009/01/30 03:52:58 (edited)
    jayc32~just me~
    +5
    It's a very real danger and we must do everything we can to defend this right...once the citizens are disarmed tyranny will soon follow. I believe we should heed the wisdom of the past on this matter....

"Whenever . . . the right of the people to keep and bear arms is, under any color or pretext whatsoever, prohibited, liberty, if not already annihilated, is on the brink of destruction."

St. George Tucker

"Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth."

George Washington

"It will be found an unjust and unwise jealousy to deprive a man of his natural liberty upon the supposition he may abuse it."

George Washington

“The Constitution shall never be construed... to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.”

Samuel Adams

I have to add this in response to what Hase said here....."It is specifically those that refuse to accept that this can be lost that will be the cause of losing rights..."

Yep I agree they say things like this...."Nope, it's not gonna happen. I've been hearing the same old "Their going to take our guns!" every election cycle and I've heard it so many times I stopped caring sixteen years ago." They don't realize they've been taking them away slowly for years with legislation and propagand...'''

losing rights real dander defend citizens disarmed tyranny heed wisdom

St. George Tucker

George Washington

George Washington

Samuel Adams

Yep I agree they say things like this...."Nope, it's not gonna happen. I've been hearing the same old "Their going to take our guns!" every election cycle and I've heard it so many times I stopped caring sixteen years ago." They don't realize they've been taking them away slowly for years with legislation and propaganda...this isn't some movie where they say ok we're banning guns and we're coming to get them...they do it by chipping away at the 2nd amendment though scheming and manipulation.
  • Laura jayc32~... 2009/01/30 16:06:40
    Laura
    +3
    Fantastic post. Thanks for taking the time! I love quoting our Forefathers. As men, they were so wise.
  • DB0Y225 jayc32~... 2011/06/23 20:43:29
    DB0Y225
    +2
    EXACTLY....there'd be a full scale revolution (at least down here in the South lol) if they came door-knocking, asking for everybody's guns/ammo...but to do it one bill at a time is genius and effective..90% of America doesn't even realize it is happening now!
  • woody 2009/01/29 21:59:22
    woody
    Buy!!! etc,etc,etc,etc,etc, danger losing rights buy etcetcetcetcetc
  • Comrade Sean 2009/01/29 21:48:24
    Comrade Sean
    Nope, it's not gonna happen. I've been hearing the same old "Their going to take our guns!" every election cycle and I've heard it so many times I stopped caring sixteen years ago.
  • River Rat 2009/01/29 21:23:41
  • Paul Revere 2009/01/29 18:46:44
    Paul Revere
    +4
    Not in a direct manner. The Second will be attacked with regulation (serial numbers on ammo) and/or economic. In the ILL senate, Hussien voted for a 500% tax increase on firearms and ammo. Mr. Big Ears and his Attorney General henchman could, convcievably, make it too expensive for your average person to exercise their Second Amendment rights.
    Valkyries "In God We Trust"
    +6
  • Cal ~ Pegleg4570 ~ 2009/01/29 16:37:55
    Cal ~ Pegleg4570 ~
    +3
    They have decided to go after the Ammo !
  • The Ste... Cal ~ P... 2009/01/29 20:50:29
  • Laura The Ste... 2009/01/30 18:36:25 (edited)
  • The Ste... Laura 2009/01/31 00:09:20
    The Stench of Liberal Lies
    +1
    Its hard to say The NRA and gun groups are fighting this because ammo is not a Gun ID item its gonna be very hard to account for any size bought.
    Gun Shows are a great way to pick up ammo just bring a ton of cash also watch to see who is watching you.The BATF likes to hang around shows and have been caught writing Lic plate numbers and taking pictures
    I like the Savage HMR17 on a personal level 177cal at 450 yards super sonic
  • ☠Marz555☠ 2009/01/29 16:37:06
    ☠Marz555☠
    +1
    Not at all...
  • Ihr Hase ~ Radix Libertas 2009/01/29 16:31:31
    Ihr Hase ~ Radix Libertas
    +5
    Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined.
    Patrick Henry

The NRA, is compromising with government....
    The Supreme Court can be denied Authority....

It is specifically those that refuse to accept that this can be lost that will be the cause of losing rights...
  • jayc32~... Ihr Has... 2009/01/30 04:06:11
    jayc32~just me~
    +3
  • celticdragonfly 2009/01/29 16:09:26
    celticdragonfly
    +2
    The NRA lobbyists will never let that happen.
  • dexter 2009/01/29 15:48:42
    dexter
    +1
    Justice Roberts and the court have already made a ruling for the DC area.
    i don't think second amendment rights will be sacrificed.
  • Tutboy 2009/01/29 15:42:36
  • Laura Tutboy 2009/01/30 03:21:41
    Laura
    +3
    Oh! I think we will. Our chldren have been so programmed that "Guns are Bad" in their schools, they will not fight for the right when they are adults. They are being indoctrinated. One can't even go to McDonalds without looking at anti-gun placemats.

My neighbor's kid got expelled for bringing a green squirt gun to school. EXPELLED!

No more cops and robbers for this generation!
  • Tutboy Laura 2009/01/30 12:30:31
  • River Rat Tutboy 2009/01/30 12:42:23
  • Tutboy River Rat 2009/01/30 13:25:56
  • River Rat Tutboy 2009/01/30 13:32:25
  • Tutboy River Rat 2009/01/30 13:35:54
  • River Rat Tutboy 2009/01/30 13:37:57
  • Tutboy River Rat 2009/01/30 15:43:29
  • River Rat Tutboy 2009/01/30 15:48:03
  • Tutboy River Rat 2009/01/30 15:49:08
  • Laura Tutboy 2009/01/30 15:49:05
    Laura
    +2
    Actually, I would prefer the day's when kids could bring their guns to school. I was talking to an older resident in our community. He was in his late 70's. He told me he used to bring his rifle to school every day. He's bring it with in case he saw a rabbit on the way, put it on the gun rack in school and take it home with him.

Maybe if we stopped medicating all our children with Prozac, we wouldn't have to worry about them flipping out and shooting other kids. I used to workl as a summer camp counselor and it was sickening! About 70% of the kids were on these kinds of meds.

For a valuable resource on the subject get:

"The Shooting Drugs and it's Generation Exposed"
    http://www.truebooks.com/

"This revealing book recounts the author's nightmare on Prozac, and 200 + other accounts of people on the "anti-depression" drugs popularly prescribed today. Plus, it shows clearly how the recent school and mass shootings across the U.S. correlate to the killers being on an SSRI Generation drug.
    Everyone should read this book -- from government officials, parents, teachers, PTA members, school board officials, business owners and managers -- to the everyday person on the street. Everyone needs to learn the danger signs of SSRI psychiatric drugs: Prozac, Paxil, Zoloft, Celexa, Serzone, Well..."

http://www.truebooks.com/

Everyone should read this book -- from government officials, parents, teachers, PTA members, school board officials, business owners and managers -- to the everyday person on the street. Everyone needs to learn the danger signs of SSRI psychiatric drugs: Prozac, Paxil, Zoloft, Celexa, Serzone, Wellbutrin - plus Ritalin -- if they want to help stop the growing toll of needless murders in offices, schools, and homes across the country. You never know -- the life you save could be your own! -- or the life of somebody you love."
  • Tutboy Laura 2009/01/30 15:50:57
  • Laura Tutboy 2009/01/30 15:34:39 (edited)
    Laura
    +2
    I am not being paranoid. My friend's son was a first grader with a green plastic squirt gun and he was expelled.

There is a government anti-gun agenda. I do realize that some guns are realistic, and Ione "real gun" would have been one too many, but a green plastic squirt gun and expulsion? This seems way overboard.
  • Tutboy Laura 2009/01/30 15:46:33
  • Laura Tutboy 2009/01/30 16:03:24
    Laura
    +2
    I have no doubt's that our President will attempt to do this.
  • Tutboy Laura 2009/01/30 16:27:42
  • Laura Tutboy 2009/01/30 18:27:01
    Laura
    +2
    Nope. Banning semi-automatic weapons is always one of the first things the Democrats do when they get in office.

2014/11/26 23:09:25