Could Same-Sex Marriage Cost Obama Black Support and 2012 Election?

Fef 2012/09/21 18:00:00
96 percent of black voters chose Barack Obama in 2008. Some black Christian leaders want to change that in 2012. They believe that Obama's pro-gay policies -- mainly his support of gay marriage -- will cost Obama some support from the black, Christian community.

Bishop E. W. Jackson Sr., president of the group Staying True to America’s National Destiny (STAND) started the "Exodus Now" effort to encourage blacks to leave the Democratic party. "It is time for black Christians to have the faith and courage to refuse to associate with the Democratic Party that has become anti-Christian, anti-Israel, anti-Church, anti-Bible, anti-life, anti-family and anti-God,” said Bishop Jackson.

Bishop Jackson added, "...The Democratic Party has shown itself to be so inimical to the biblical values of Christians and Jews that it is time for a mass exodus. The Democratic Party has turned its back on us, it’s time to turn our back on them."

The National Urban League published a report called, “The Hidden Swing Voters: Impact of African-Americans in 2012.” The report suggests that Obama will lose re-election if only 60% of blacks turnout in 2012 -- the same amount that turned out in the 2004 presidential election, which George W. Bush won.

WND.COM reports:
A Free Press For A Free People Since 1997

Read More: http://www.wnd.com/2012/09/could-same-sex-marriage...

• Jean 2012/09/21 14:39:46
    Jean
    +15
    The reason that the gay-marriage initiative in CA went down in flames in 2008 wasn't because of the Mormon vote - it was because of the black voter turnout. Obama has opened the door to his defeat - and also his potential "outing": http://tinyurl.com/obamasgaylife

• meme14 Superman 2012/09/25 23:15:57
    meme14
    It is not enough to just blow the uninsurable off..oh, sick people are a bad 'risk'..well, yea, they are...and then what? That's it? What is Romney's plan if he gets in..God forbid..and repeals Obamacare...what is the replacement? Someone with cancer or diabetes can just go to the ER..everyday? for treatment and medicine? That's cost effective and practical..they are real people..not just some after thought..you wouldn't be so flippant or dismissive if it were you or someone you loved needing care -
  • Superman meme14 2012/09/25 23:37:19
    Superman
    The problem is you can't build a working system based on emotion either. I'd love to give everyone a nice house and a stable job too, but is it feasible? You make it as if its being flippant and its not that in the slightest. Its about being realistic. Government doesn't exist to solve all problems and it can't make choices based on emotion. If you are going to pass something it needs to be solvent. Otherwise you're kicking the can down the road for a bigger crisis where not only will pre-existing people have no coverage but most the rest of America won't either.

Just because Obamacare passed doesn't make it good law or solvent. If you're going to accuse me of being dismissive about those people then I could easily turn it right back around and accuse you of being dismissive of the greater sum of people that will lose their jobs or be demoted in 2014.
  • meme14 Superman 2012/09/26 12:00:33 (edited)
    meme14
    You cannot take the humanity out of a system that is put in place by people and funded by people - people do not contribute simply for the sake of the system - there is a point to it..it has to work...for the people. There has to be some regard and compassion. Sick people, may not be profitable or 'useful' to a system..but they are a reality..I guess we could dispose of them like Hitler did..that would be advantageous if you take the 'emotions' out and are purely concerned with the profit of it..but..we are human..if you take the humanity out..we are still humans..but not very good ones - everything that makes sense from a cost/benefit perspective..does not make sense on a human level - The people who have contributed to the system are suffering more than those who have done nothing but take from it..How does that work? A person on welfare, who has never bothered to work..doesn't worry about health care..they have it..Someone who is laid off..now that's another story...What is wrong with that picture? The health care system has been a mess for years - the costs had been spiraling upward at an alarming rate long before Obama took office...it doesn't take a genius to see that it's not woking..not only are costs astronomical but it doesn't provide care for those who need it most....
    You cannot take the humanity out of a system that is put in place by people and funded by people - people do not contribute simply for the sake of the system - there is a point to it..it has to work...for the people. There has to be some regard and compassion. Sick people, may not be profitable or 'useful' to a system..but they are a reality..I guess we could dispose of them like Hitler did..that would be advantageous if you take the 'emotions' out and are purely concerned with the profit of it..but..we are human..if you take the humanity out..we are still humans..but not very good ones - everything that makes sense from a cost/benefit perspective..does not make sense on a human level - The people who have contributed to the system are suffering more than those who have done nothing but take from it..How does that work? A person on welfare, who has never bothered to work..doesn't worry about health care..they have it..Someone who is laid off..now that's another story...What is wrong with that picture? The health care system has been a mess for years - the costs had been spiraling upward at an alarming rate long before Obama took office...it doesn't take a genius to see that it's not woking..not only are costs astronomical but it doesn't provide care for those who need it most. Once upon a time, not too long ago - there was a general consensus that it needed reformed..now all of a sudden the plan is to oppose anything that Obama does..and so, the plan is to do nothing? Again? Just a selfish, flat out refusal to admit what has already been admitted without regard for anyone...How do you address a problem when you return to square one on a 'slow boat' refusing to acknowledge it. How does that solve anything? Health insurance providers are profiting plenty..Profits and costs are higher than ever...how has that translated to care? They cap and deny and they will not cover someone with a pre-existing condition and left to them - purely profit driven and without 'emotion' - they will continue..unless they are mandated - And, I don't agree that the success of Wall Street is just a little something..you're right..it doesn't mean much to me personally...when it's doing well...but when it's not? and especially when it crashes..it sends a deafening message, heard the world over..and it causes consumers to panic and save...everyone is invested in it..even if they don't actually invest..
  • Superman meme14 2012/09/26 14:01:43
    Superman
    And you resort to Godwins law . . . ugh.

You start to make a good point by realizing that costs are the foundational issue in healthcare, but then you default to Obamas legislation (simply because it exists) despite the fact that it does nothing to address those rising costs. It merely shifts around the burden of the cost.

Come on, be smart about this.
  • meme14 Superman 2012/09/26 14:35:47 (edited)
    meme14
    And you resort to dismissing people..and stand in place instead..seeing a problem and doing nothing..come on, be human
  • Superman meme14 2012/09/26 14:37:24
    Superman
    You're dismissing people as well, as I explained and as you dodged.

You're blind on this issue, willfully so. You're unable to see the forest for the trees.
  • meme14 Superman 2012/09/26 14:52:54 (edited)
    meme14
    I see the forest..you ignore the trees..the devil is in the details. We can throw old, tired cliches at each other all day....but what does that accomplish? I support health care reform..I think it should be made available for all people..even those who happen to need it. You nonchalantly dismiss it like someone who has never been affected..let's hope you never really know what it is like..Maybe one day in the future..there will be sensitivity and compassion chips that can be implanted into people like you.
    its not funny when you re next
  • Superman meme14 2012/09/26 15:04:02
  • meme14 Superman 2012/09/26 15:21:07 (edited)
    meme14
    First of all, I was making a joke - I clearly support gay rights..we've covered that..It was more of a comment on using outdated cliches. Seeing as how you have issues you would think you would have compassion for others. Health care is finally being addressed - and the issue of care for those who need it is being noticed..thank God. I am not going to get into trying to top your health care experiences with my own to justify my opinion..I don't need to clarify that I have compassion and understand the suffering of others..my support of health care reform pretty much validates - rather than - contradicts that. That's my view..If you don't like it then fine, I can't force you to be right. You are the one who commented my posts and judged me...so maybe you should get off of your high horse you seem to have mounted it by stepping on those less fortunate and ignoring reality anyway.
  • Superman meme14 2012/09/26 15:26:29
    Superman
    Healthcare ISN'T being addressed though. You think it is now, but in a decades time we're going to be in a healthcare crisis that makes what was before Obamacare look good.

Again, you think that just because there IS a bill means its good. Thats simple, faulty, juvenile logic.

Supporting it means that in the long term people will be hurt. Will be hurt. Supporting it will hurt more people than it helps.

But you shrug that off because you feel good now.

All I can do is shake my head at that naive behavior.
  • meme14 Superman 2012/09/26 15:33:36
    meme14
    tsk, tsk - that's judging behavior...doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result is insane..something has to change. It's not acceptable to do nothing...I guess lets agree that you are wrong and see what happens in November..can't wait to hear all of the conservative whining.
  • Superman meme14 2012/09/26 16:00:35
    Superman
    If doing nothing is actually better than what has been done then you should be able to balance that scale with ease.

I am correct, Romney/Ryan will win in November, Obamacare will go away. Thats all there is to it. Even if Romney doesn't win I've heard that a bipartisan group in Congress is going to gut Obamacare anyway.
  • meme14 Superman 2012/09/26 16:25:55
    meme14
    Not the pre-existing conditions part..that will stay..and in November..when Obama wins..will you post a picture of yourself crying? I'd love to see it
  • Superman meme14 2012/09/26 17:17:03
    Superman
    Crying for the millions of American workers that are going to have it rough in 2014 that you're helping cause? Sure.

Pre-existing thing will stay under Romney too btw.
  • V~POTL~PWCM~JLA 2012/09/24 02:59:55
    V~POTL~PWCM~JLA
    +1
    Same sex marriage is a state issue, not federal. The President has very little to do with it. Common sense notwithstanding, there are probably more gays who will vote for Obama on that issue than other groups who will vote against him.

Last I heard, Obama was polling about 89% of the black vote, down about 7% from 2008. I attribute most of the decline to unemployment. If Obama loses the election, it will be due to the economy, Obamacare, taxes, the deficit, and foreign policy -- in that order. Remember also that black voter turnout was extraordinary in 2008. Now that the novelty has worn off and black unemployment is pushing 14%, I have to wonder how many black voters are happy enough with this situation to show up on election day and vote for more of it.

Christians are upset with Obama in general, the key issue being same sex marriage.

I think this issue will flip more hispanic voters than black. Catholics are furious, starting with the same sex marriage issue and then piling on with grievances about Obamacare and its employer mandate to pay for abortions and contraception. There are hundreds of thousands of employees who work in Catholic hospitals, colleges, and various charities. There is a non-trivial possibility that those people lose their health insurance ...

I think this issue will flip more hispanic voters than black. Catholics are furious, starting with the same sex marriage issue and then piling on with grievances about Obamacare and its employer mandate to pay for abortions and contraception. There are hundreds of thousands of employees who work in Catholic hospitals, colleges, and various charities. There is a non-trivial possibility that those people lose their health insurance when the Church decides they will not tolerate Obamacare mandates. It would be cheaper to pay the fines, and Obama would lose a million votes overnight if the employees were warned about possible loss of insurance. Thanks a lot, Barack.

The following video was done by a group of Catholics, not affiliated directly with the Church. But it tells the story:

Obama isn't doing so well with the Jewish vote either. Completely different set of issues, but it's going to cost him votes in Florida and a lot of campaign funding.
  • banzaibuckaroo 2012/09/24 02:48:46
    banzaibuckaroo
    +1
    I left the Mormon church when I realize they went into the National political picture in 2007, and started using my money that I was donating to it, for this cause. I'm not supporters for the gay rights, but when a tax-exempt organization is doing this, I really question their status on of being tax-exempt.
  • meme14 banzaib... 2012/09/24 03:46:27
    meme14
    +1
    Agreed! I think if any church becomes political they should forfeit their tax exempt status..
  • shiroid... meme14 2012/10/02 17:13:25 (edited)
    shiroidenkou1994
    Churches shouldn't be tax-exempt in the first place.
  • meme14 shiroid... 2012/10/02 23:20:20 (edited)
    meme14
    If they are doing charitable work or concerning themselves with spiritual good or whatever..I think it's okay they are exempt..I, personally, don't have a problem with that..I can understand the argument for taxing them regardless, though..but I think..definitely when they start to preach politics..they have crossed the line
  • Stevethinks 2012/09/24 02:11:37
    Stevethinks
    I do not care.
  • krayzrick 2012/09/24 02:01:38
    krayzrick
    +3
    Everything this clown has been doing will cost him the election.
  • lee 2012/09/24 01:50:10
    lee
    +1
    no... especially not now that the NAACP has endorsed his position.

is your premise that blacks are more homophobic than other groups?
  • SimianSays 2012/09/24 01:19:08
    SimianSays
    ...if it costs him the vote, he was persuasively coerced to take that position.
    Hey, you never really know, do ya?
  • Magus BN-0 2012/09/24 01:02:35
    Magus BN-0
    +1
    Not the slightest chance. Truly desperate wishful thinking by the GOP.
  • Common ... Magus BN-0 2012/09/24 05:27:49
    Common Sense Conservative
    +2
    Hussein Obama sucks ass terribly.
  • Magus BN-0 Common ... 2012/09/24 05:52:49
    Magus BN-0
    +2
    You may think so, but your opinion won't prevent him from being reelected.
  • Common ... Magus BN-0 2012/10/12 04:45:18
    Common Sense Conservative
    Hell it won't.
  • Magus BN-0 Common ... 2012/10/12 04:56:54
    Magus BN-0
    You live in California. A state that Obama's probably going to carry by about 20 points. If you think he "sucks ass terribly" you can vote against him, but it won't make any difference.
  • freedom 2012/09/23 22:55:40
    freedom
    +1
    The news media and pundits may be surprised by it but Obama may lose even more due to the black vote growing uneasy and apathetic about his policies. Furthermore, black people for various reasons are more likely to conceal their intentions and do something like this.

Says " I am voting for Obama," but instead spends the day filling out job applications and check the amount on their EBT card. If they vote, they cross scribble obama out and write next to his name "F*ck you, ass wipe!" and mark the box for "other" and write in Herman Cain.

Next time in church, they will be asked "Did you vote?" And they will say "yes". The response will be, "well, who did you vote for?" and the answer will be, "you know, the black dude!".
  • Flamdingo 2012/09/23 22:43:24
    Flamdingo
    +1
    No sorry, they vote for skin color not issues.
  • Cain Flamdingo 2012/09/24 06:04:30
    Cain
    Exactly, the only way the Idiot Obama would lose the Black vote is if he were running against another Black...& that Black promised even more Free Stuff!.....Excellent post thanks for not being PC.
  • Flamdingo Cain 2012/09/30 04:07:30
    Flamdingo
    +1
    Your welcome, I hate PC we need a little more truth in our lives.
  • BlackwinterG36C 2012/09/23 21:54:30
    BlackwinterG36C
    +1
    Lets not forget he repealed "don't ask don't tell". Something everybody in and around the military was happy with and was working fine. Nobody was complaining about it it was not a pressing issue. But Obama used his power to repeal it just to please a VERY small crowd that opposed it.
  • Chris 2012/09/23 21:47:37
    Chris
    +2
    I doubt all black people are homophobic.
  • Mark P. 2012/09/23 21:44:55
    Mark P.
    obama throwing a baseball
    This one.
  • Cain Mark P. 2012/09/24 06:06:38
    Cain
    I wonder which one is the Bottom, Barry or Reggie Love?
  • trentinafur 2012/09/23 21:03:17
    trentinafur
    +4
    omg. are you joking?

Um. In a word: no.

"Mitt Romney Is Capturing Zero Percent Of The Black Vote, According To New Poll"

"According to a new NBC News/Wall Street Journal poll, President Obama is beating his Republican opponent among black voters by a whopping 94 percent to 0 percent. "

http://www.huffingtonpost.com...
  • Magus BN-0 trentin... 2012/09/24 05:54:24
    Magus BN-0
    +3
    Republicans are just desperate.
  • Cain trentin... 2012/09/24 06:08:04
    Cain
    True, he received 0% of the Black Vote in polling, but hey that is not Racist right?
  • FeelHoo... Cain 2012/09/24 06:55:10
    FeelHood H. Obama~BN28
    +1
    Nope, it's not.

2014/09/03 02:15:53