Cops detain, handcuff every adult at intersection in search for bank robber?

~ The Rebel ~ 2012/06/05 15:11:32

Police in Aurora, Colo., searching for suspected bank robbers stopped every car at an intersection, handcuffed all the adults and searched the cars, one of which they believed was carrying the suspect.

Police said they had received what they called a “reliable” tip that the culprit in an armed robbery at a Wells Fargo bank committed earlier was stopped at the red light.

A suspect was found, allegedly, in the very last car searched. Perhaps the most interesting aspect here is that every one of these people granted police permission to search their vehicles. Not one resisted, apparently. Not one stood up for their rights

Read More: http://americanvisionnews.com/3691/cops-detain-han...

• Ron the Realist 2012/06/05 15:21:01
    Ron the Realist
    +3
    "A suspect was found, allegedly, in the very last car searched."

Funny.
    Once I find what I'm looking for, I too stop looking.

• mrk5panzer 2012/06/05 19:56:17
  • Think Free 2012/06/05 16:18:29 (edited)
    Think Free
    +2
    Once upon a time (if ever at all), one was considered innocent until proven guilty.

..then it became one was guilty until proven innocent.

..now everyone is guilty until proven innocent.

Welcome to the ever expanding police state.
  • Schläue~© 2012/06/05 15:57:57
    Schläue~©
    +1
    Those who know Aurora Colorado will understand this a whole lot better.

It is quite interesting that people were that cooperative but I don't see it as not standing up for their rights.... rather making a choice to help out the police for a change.

In essence, they blocked off the intersection containing 19 vehicles, like cattle.

Also .... the headline is a bit misleading. The article states that 'most' of the adults were handcuffed, not 'every'.
  • Ron the Realist 2012/06/05 15:21:01
    Ron the Realist
    +3

Funny.
  • Mark 2012/06/05 15:19:51
    Mark
    I can understand how people maybe pissed off at being handcuffed. I have been stopped and searched a few times.
    I was inconvienienced but not angry at all, the customs & police have a duty to perform. I have/had nothing to hide.
    In that situation I would just grin and bear it.
  • john Kills Mark 2012/06/05 15:59:40
    john Kills
    +3
    I would be pissed. I am a law abiding citizen and will not be treated as a criminal or have my constitutional rights violated. This is unacceptable.

2014/10/20 11:42:47