“Conspiracy Theory”: Foundations of a Weaponized Term Subtle and Deceptive Tactics to Discredit Truth in Media and Research

irish 2013/01/27 14:46:02

“Conspiracy Theory”: Foundations of a Weaponized Term

Subtle and Deceptive Tactics to Discredit Truth in Media and Research

“Conspiracy theory” is a term that at once strikes fear and anxiety in the hearts of most every public figure, particularly journalists and academics. Since the 1960s the label has become a disciplinary device that has been overwhelmingly effective in defining certain events off limits to inquiry or debate. Especially in the United States raising legitimate questions about dubious official narratives destined to inform public opinion (and thereby public policy) is a major thought crime that must be cauterized from the public psyche at all costs.

http://www.globalresearch.ca/conspiracy-theory-foundations-of...

• Boblawbla 2013/01/27 15:23:34
    Boblawbla
    +6
    Very interesting history of the term to discredit anyone who disagrees with authority. Good find!

• Rick Armin 2013/02/12 09:02:59
    Rick Armin
    +1
    Time is beginning to blur a bit, but I'd say it was about 25 years ago (I could be exact if I wanted to dig through a ton of files) that a man named Ed Balajeski and I stopped at his home to pick up some documents to take to a meeting up county.

Ed was the foremost authority on federal regionalism in PA and maybe in the country, but he never spoke of conspiracy. He said if you use the term you get a bad name. People were conditioned to call you a crackpot etc. That's why I was stunned when we walked into his basement and I saw bookshelves lining the wall from the base of the stairs, across the back wall, and up the other side allowing only enough space in the basement for some personal belongings. All were filled to overflowing with books and documents. In the center, forming an island were a line of back to back commercial file cabinets filled, again to overflowing with documents, clippings, and photocopies. All left no doubt as to the existence of one or more conspiracies to enslave the human race. Ed wasn't a conspiracy theorist. Ed was a watcher. He'd been watching them since he left the Marine Corp after WWII. Much of his library he collected himself and much he inherited from a Philadelphia woman who'd been a watcher most of her life.

The media and the ins...

The media and the institutes of higher indoctrination have done wonders to make conspiranoiacs out of the public. My experience with them caused me to develop these "medical" definitions:

Conspiranoia: A mental illness characterized by a morbid, irrational fear of the word conspiracy. Persons afflicted with Conspiranoia often hear voices from the “mainstream media” and institutions of higher indoctrination telling them to shutdown their minds at the mention of the word.

Conspiranoiac: A person with a deep seated psychotic fear of the word conspiracy. At the mere mention of the word, even a hint of it, the conspiranoiac hides in his Denial Closet under a pile of “mainstream media” and books from such places as Ivy League colleges, the Brookings Institute,Rand, and M.I.T. Conspiranoiacs can be identified by a conditioned reflex that causes them to bleat “crackpot,” “lunatic,” “paranoid,” “kook” and similar epithets at anyone who, by calling their attention to reality, disturbs their happy little world in which all that happens in politics and government is the result of accident, stupidity, or Darwinian Natural Evolution. Conspiranoiacs can also be identified by their mindless, incoherent mumblings about “tinfoil hats.”

“Dr.” Rick
  • Max 2013/01/27 17:10:48
    Max
    +1
    I should've guessed it was the CIA that was behind making the phrase "conspiracy theorists" a weapon to use against people that questioned the official explanation.
  • irish Max 2013/01/27 17:13:57
    irish
    of course.
  • Boblawbla 2013/01/27 15:23:34
    Boblawbla
    +6
  • irish Boblawbla 2013/01/27 16:21:52
    irish
    +1
    thanks.
  • Wally-Molon Labe! 2013/01/27 15:12:22
    Wally-Molon Labe!
    +4
    Great article Irish. It explains exactly why our mainstream media have absolved themselves in the search for truth. They are the controlled mouthpiece of this corrupt government and the purveyors of propaganda to mentally manipulate most Americans ability to think critically. The last sentence of the article sums it up nicely.

"One need only look to the rising police state and evisceration of civil liberties and constitutional protections as evidence of how this set of subtle and deceptive intimidation tactics has profoundly encumbered the potential for future independent self-determination and civic empowerment."
  • irish Wally-M... 2013/01/27 15:22:15
    irish
    +3
    thank you wally! a clear ,concise explanation.

2014/07/29 12:53:57