"COMPASSIONATE" CONSERVATISM: 3rd District (D-AK) campaigner's pet cat murdered

FeelHood H. Obama~BN28 2012/01/23 17:08:23
WARNING: DISTURBING IMAGE BELOW

3rd District campaigner's cat killed

Posted by Max Brantley on Mon, Jan 23, 2012 at 7:59 AM

The Blue Arkansas blog reports that Jake Burris, campaign manager for 3rd District Democratic ccongressional candidate Ken Aden, returned to his Russellville home to find the family cat killed and painted with the word "liberal."

UPDATE: The killing has been reported to authorities. The Aden campaign has issued a statement in which he takes pain to say he does not believe the campaign of his opponent, Republican U.S. Rep. Steve Womack, had anything to do with it.

KEN ADEN NEWS RELEASE

RUSSELLVILLE—On the heels of a weekend of positive news coverage for the campaign of Democratic Congressional candidate Ken Aden, Aden's campaign manager returned home to find his family pet slaughtered, with the word "liberal" painted on the animal's corpse.

The Russellville Police Department is investigating, and a report will be made to the Federal Bureau of Investigation Monday morning.

Jacob Burris, who has served as Aden's campaign manager since late October, arrived home with his family Sunday evening, and his four children discovered the gruesome scene as they exited the family vehicle to enter their home.

The family pet, an adult, mixed-breed Siamese cat, had one side of its head bashed in to the point the cat's eyeball was barely hanging from its socket. The perpetrators scrawled "liberal" across the cat's body and left it on the doorstep of Burris' house.

"To kill a child's pet is just unconscionable," Aden said Monday morning. "As a former combat soldier, I've seen the best of humanity and the worst of humanity. Whoever did this is definitely part of the worst of humanity," he said.

"It is one thing to engage in civil political discourse, and for Republicans and Democrats to disagree with each other, which is an expected part of the political process. Taking it to this level is beyond unacceptable," Aden said.

While the campaign between Aden and incumbent Congressman Steve Womack has heated up in recent months, Aden said they did not believe the Womack campaign to be responsible. "Although we have certainly disagreed and engaged in a great deal of civil discourse, I do not believe in any way that Congressman Womack or his campaign had anything to do with this incident," Aden said. He noted that, before Christmas, KRUM Radio, a station owned by Womack's father, actually promoted a toy drive held by Aden's campaign for children in the Third District. "We suspect this is the action of a rogue individual or group of individuals who are the type of folks that stoop to the lowest common denominator instead of engaging in civil political discourse," Aden said. "It is unfortunate this has occurred, and we will await the results of the police and federal investigations," Aden said.

engaging civil political discourse aden occurred police federal investigations aden

Read More: http://www.arktimes.com/ArkansasBlog/archives/2012...

• #Justice4Trayvon 629 BLOCKT... 2012/01/23 18:36:20
    #Justice4Trayvon 629 BLOCKT CONS
    +17
    My God, this is sick, reprehensible, I'm so choked up I can't even think of other terms to describe this. What's wrong with these people? MURDERING a beautiful family pet because the father works for a Democratic candidate! Whoever did this should ROT IN HELL FOR ALL ETERNITY! Then people wonder why I think most of y'all are heartless beasts.

• Næthan ... Guru_T_... 2012/01/23 21:51:33
    Næthan Æterna
    +4
    Agreed, Rufus. Blaming a Liberal is just as silly is someone pointing fingers at Conservatives as a whole based on the information given. We should just sit back and let the story unfold before we can point fingers.
  • marcuss... Guru_T_... 2012/01/24 04:20:11
    marcuss LIBERALS ARE TRAITORS
    OH so the entire story does not single out any particular group of AMERICANS.......AHHH you might want to actually READ it before commenting.
  • Guru_T_... marcuss... 2012/01/24 06:31:37 (edited)
    Guru_T_Firefly
    +5
    If you had bothered to read the article, you'd have seen that Aden and the writer went out of their way to assure everyone that his political opponent had nothing to do with this incident. So, it makes you look pretty goddamned foolish to accuse some imaginary liberal of having committed this act just to make you Republicans look bad. Might I suggest that you pull your head out of your ass and at least make an attempt to join the rest of us in reality?
  • marcuss... Guru_T_... 2012/01/24 06:51:54
    marcuss LIBERALS ARE TRAITORS
    You will just blame BUSH.
  • Guru_T_... marcuss... 2012/01/24 14:43:18
    Guru_T_Firefly
    +3
    So..., you've got nothing?
  • marcuss... Guru_T_... 2012/01/24 16:14:30
    marcuss LIBERALS ARE TRAITORS
    GEEZE moron would a dead cat that has LIBERAL written on it want to point a finger at a certain group of people.

Come out for air sometime. LWNJs will do damage or harm others just so they can place blame on the opposition......THAT is DOCUMENTED FACT. Run along you SMUG knowallogist.
  • Guru_T_... marcuss... 2012/01/25 07:26:07
    Guru_T_Firefly
    +3
    I'm glad to see you're not letting education get in the way of your ignorance.
  • marcuss... Guru_T_... 2012/01/25 16:05:30
  • Guru_T_... marcuss... 2012/01/25 19:24:05
    Guru_T_Firefly
    +3
    The only education that I have any reason to question is yours, retard. You can go back to drinking from the toilet now.
  • marcuss... Guru_T_... 2012/01/25 23:18:36
    marcuss LIBERALS ARE TRAITORS
    WOW im impressed you could type the word RETARD and not attack Palins child.
  • Guru_T_... marcuss... 2012/01/26 03:32:52
    Guru_T_Firefly
    +2
    I'm even more impressed that you're able to read the word retard without giggling oafishly and making Mongoloid faces.
  • Lulu's Mom Guru_T_... 2012/01/24 20:34:50
  • Sinpac Guru_T_... 2012/10/21 21:08:20
    Sinpac
    +2
    Some people have a comprehension problem when it comes to reading.
  • DougE 2012/01/23 20:42:09
    DougE
    +2
    Oh dear god, is this George Bush's fault too?
  • DougE DougE 2012/01/23 20:45:08
    DougE
    +1
    Clearly there's no proof who did this. This is just a lame attempt to smear conservatism.
  • reaper DougE 2012/01/23 21:19:27
    reaper
    +1
    i don't think bush would care about local elections. and would most likely of been done by someone that was just some random supporter of the other dude.
  • DougE reaper 2012/01/25 15:27:58
    DougE
    you miss the sarcasim I guess. I was merely stating that everything that has happened since 2007 is Bush's fault.
  • MO.gal DougE 2012/01/24 05:14:38
    MO.gal
    +2
    Hmmm, now there's a thought!
  • DougE MO.gal 2012/01/25 15:32:14
    DougE
    Hey Mo.gal. I heard an interesting report the other day about false reports of racism, hate crime, and abuses and why they occur. It will be interesting to see if this turns out to be a hoax like the McCain supporter that scarred her own face, or the mulititude of anit-gay hate crimes that turned out to be false. Also, the blue blog in Arkansas is saying this is as bad as the Gabby Giffords shoot, which is not even close because 1) human life was lost, not a cats (if this cat was in fact killed purposely or not and my guess it was run over and someone's took their dead cat and played a joke after it was killed) 2) Jarred Lochner was actually a liberal who was a student of communism, not conservatism.
  • DougE DougE 2012/01/25 21:10:48
  • reaper DougE 2012/01/26 03:13:17
    reaper
    +1
    Lochner was an anarchist and wanted total government downfall
  • DougE reaper 2012/01/26 03:16:14
    DougE
    yes, and not a conservative. His friends described him on facebook as being a progressive liberal into communism and karl marx. Your point?
  • Guru_T_... DougE 2012/01/26 04:06:03
    Guru_T_Firefly
    +2
    Which means he wasn't a liberal either, right? Why did you feel a need to inject that bit of crap if you were trying to be objective?
  • DougE Guru_T_... 2012/01/27 15:48:58
    DougE
    did you miss the liberal progressive description by his friends? And I assume that you are a liberal since you automatically are jumping on the band wagon it had to be a conservative, you liberals seem to embrace communism, am I wrong?
  • Guru_T_... DougE 2012/01/27 16:53:47
    Guru_T_Firefly
    +2
    Of course, you're wrong. I've never embraced Communism or Socialism or Marxism and I never said it had to be a conservative. Not that those on the right actually know or use the correct definitions of Communism, Socialism or Marxism. I merely objected to the conservative idiot above trying to claim that a liberal did this to one of his own to make the story newsworthy. He was complaining about the very same thing he was guilty of doing. Hypocritical, no?
  • DougE Guru_T_... 2012/01/27 23:19:39
    DougE
    I didnt say you personally, you sure have a problem reading and comprehension don't you. I said in general terms, todays liberal seems to embrace communism and marxism. Just look at the OWS crowd and the new pack of dumbasses who think Che was a hero. It would be nice if you objected to the liberal idiots trying to claim it was a conservatism who has painted liberal on a dead cat or killed a cat then painted liberal on it. And most hate crimes, and hoax's are commited by liberals. Just a sniglett of fact for you to digest.
  • Guru_T_... DougE 2012/01/29 13:27:58
    Guru_T_Firefly
    +1
    That's right, you said "in general terms" which proves your statements are utterly untrue. Liberals DO NOT embrace Communism, nor Socialism, nor Marxism. However, RWNJ's DO tend to redefine those terms to make themselves look better. Those types of statements are all obvious red herrings created by the right in a weak-assed, weak-minded effort to discredit anything said or done by the left. Most hate crimes and hoaxes ARE NOT committed by liberals, either. In fact, that statement isn't based in facts of any kind. You couldn't sound more ridiculous if you tried. Just a few sniglets of fact for you to suck on.
  • DougE Guru_T_... 2012/01/30 23:42:02
    DougE
    For your sake, I hope you're right. I'd hate to see that all your energy was wasted on a hoax. You want it to be so, I'm not sure you could take it mentallly if it turns out to be otherwise. What you lack is the ability to open your supposed "open mind" to the fact that your kind is more capable of such low behavior.
  • Guru_T_... DougE 2012/01/31 13:19:07
    Guru_T_Firefly
    +1
    LMAO! Sorry, Dougie, I AM right and it is that "open mind" that permits me to consider all of the facts instead of rejecting those facts in favor of failed conservative propaganda. I don't necessarily WANT it to be that way, it just IS.
  • DougE Guru_T_... 2012/02/05 01:32:25 (edited)
    DougE
    Any new leads in the cat slaying yet Doofus?

If your only fact is the word liberal, woah, let the DOJ know you've cracked the case dumbass!
  • Guru_T_... DougE 2012/02/05 01:42:26 (edited)
    Guru_T_Firefly
    +1
    You never graduated past the third grade, did you? Classic elementary school name games only make you look even more like the idiot we all know you are. Let us all know when you finally move into reality, dim star, because at the rate you're going you'll never find it on your own.
  • DougE Guru_T_... 2012/02/23 04:00:29
    DougE
    Poor Baby, your feelings get hurt? Get over it!
  • Guru_T_... DougE 2012/02/23 15:40:02
    Guru_T_Firefly
    Thanks for your conern, but there's nothing to get over. You simply can't hurt my feelings because I honestly don't care what a half-wit like you says or thinks. Only little children and morons like you play pedantic name games.
  • DougE DougE 2012/01/25 21:19:57
  • Odinsown 2012/01/23 20:38:00
    Odinsown
    +1
    You know this is why we have to get away from political villainy, we as a country spend so much time bashing the other side of the aisle, call democrats communist usurpers, republicans, fascist pigs, and so many other names, that it shouldn't be a surprise when one passionate(and deranged) individual acts out violently. We need to promote understanding and acceptance of each others views, and democrats are just as bad as republicans. It is time to move past sectarian party politics, and move into true American brotherhood. We may all be different, but every body poops.
  • Sir Bud. 2012/01/23 20:13:11
    Sir Bud.
    +9
    A mentally disturbed person needing urgently Psychiatric treatment.Conservatism seems to attract a lot of such persons.
  • Næthan ... Sir Bud. 2012/01/23 21:00:09
    Næthan Æterna
    +1
    There's no proof it was a Conservative.
  • Sir Bud. Næthan ... 2012/01/23 21:09:50
    Sir Bud.
    +7
    You honestly think that a person who murders a cat and writes "Liberal"on the dead cat has a balanced enough mind to have authentic and rational political views?."...Conservatism seems to ATTRACT a lot of such persons..."...is not saying the idiot was Conservative.
  • Næthan ... Sir Bud. 2012/01/23 21:21:01
    Næthan Æterna
    +1
    Sure it does. You're pointing fingers at Conservatives without any proof what-so-ever and it's pathetic. Can't we just say some derranged individual did this? Why villify a political ideology when there's not a single leg to stand on. Oh I see, you have an agenda.
  • Sir Bud. Næthan ... 2012/01/23 21:39:42
    Sir Bud.
    +6
    Well if the words"Liberal"written on a dead cat isnt a political statement and doesn't suggest to you that the idiot has a warped political agenda,your agenda whatever it is,is wasting my time.Have a nice life.

2014/07/31 15:37:51