Colorado Shooter Has Weird Online Fan Club: Sick or Just Immature?

AdriHead 2012/08/02 19:10:47
Online fans and memes are bound to surface on just about anything -- but this may be taking it too far. These online fans call themselves "Holmies" -- because the man they're honoring is James Holmes, the alleged gunman who shot and killed 12 people in an Aurora movie theater just a few short weeks ago.

By dressing in plaid and flannel and posing with Slurpees, these "holmies" are giving an ode to Holmes, as the 24-year-old former student was evidently dressed in plaid and flannel underneath his gun armor during the shooting and once said that his dream is to own a Slurpee machine one day. Do you think the spring-up of these online "fans" is sick and twisted -- or is it just an immature act by adolescents who don't know any better?

NYDAILYNEWS.COM reports:
Ironic, satirical or just plain depraved? Accused Aurora killer James Holmes has inspired an online legion of 'fans' who upload original artworks and photos of themselves sporting Holmes-inspired plaid shirts flannel and sipping Slurpees.
upload artworks photos sporting holmes-inspired plaid shirts flannel sipping slurpees

Read More: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/meet-holm...

• YumiHamano 2012/08/04 08:00:45
    Just Immature
    YumiHamano
    +1
    It's just Immature, people make memes out of everything. Being fans is a different story.
  • dandieselonian 2012/08/04 07:35:52
  • Noobcake 2012/08/04 07:10:50
    Sick
    Noobcake
    +1
    Definitely immature but terribly sick none the less. This reminds me of a friend I had in high school who went through a phase in which she thought it was cool to adorn her notebooks and skin with swastikas!! She wasn't anti-semitic, she was just an attention whore.
  • dzzshadz 2012/08/04 06:37:09
    Sick
    dzzshadz
    I will say its sick and immature!
  • Stevethinks 2012/08/04 06:16:07
    Just Immature
    Stevethinks
    +1
    Not sure, please define weird. If it's not against the law, I'm probably willing to send your kids to war to defend his right to be weird. Belive it or not there are those whom believe I'm a bit weird. I know it's hard to believe but there some that do. For an instance my X-wife! What do you think?
  • Butch 2012/08/04 05:54:12
  • Pete Butch 2012/08/04 11:06:08
    Pete
    This is true, unless the government was connected to Holmes and his sick act. That question remains.
  • s2k 2012/08/04 05:32:56
    Sick
    s2k
    +1
    Release their names and addresses and declare open season
  • Leslie Goudy 2012/08/04 05:22:21
    Sick
    Leslie Goudy
    +1
    Beyond sick. purely evil
  • macaction 2012/08/04 04:32:09
    Just Immature
    macaction
    +3
    More losers who wont ever see a vagina that they aren't paying for. Cops should tag these losers right now to keep them form purchasing guns in the future.
  • safari 2012/08/04 04:12:21
    Sick
    safari
    +2
    But some people think idolizing the mass murderer Che is cool too - and that is equally just as sick if not more so and they rarely get noted for their love of a murderer.
  • Hawk 2012/08/04 04:04:35
    Sick
    Hawk
    +3
    Thank's to liberal moral standards, TV & movie violence, political correctness, the absence of the Lord's Prayer and discipline in school yada, yada, yada..........society is over the brink. We reap what we sow.
  • Noobcake Hawk 2012/08/04 07:14:15
    Noobcake
    +2
    You hit the nail on the head! Political correctness is surely at the root of this evil. /eyeroll
  • mwf122090 Hawk 2012/08/04 16:53:53
    mwf122090
    Oh yes, it's certainly the fault of liberals. Keep playing the blame game!
  • Sammy 2012/08/04 04:02:41
    Just Immature
    Sammy
    +1
    I think it's funny
    Fun Fact: People who are interested in serial killers tend to have better conversations
    Before anyone pops a testicle on here about that meaning that those people are gonna turn into serial killers, the key word there is interested
    That doesn't mean they're sick in the head
    I find serial killers interesting, so what
  • hawk Semper Fi 2012/08/04 03:51:54
    Sick
    hawk Semper Fi
    +2
    sick deranged and in need of a lot of help

Semper Fi
  • Bouts2getitpoppinz 2012/08/04 03:31:40 (edited)
    Just Immature
    Bouts2getitpoppinz
    +3
    I cant say if its sick. The thing about people online is that there thoughts and opinions are almost irrelevant. People say and do things online that they don't have the courage to stand by in the real world. I promise you nobody would say on live tv i think what that man did was cool and heroic. anybody who cant state there feelings to the world is either scared ashamed don't believe in what they are pretending to believe in or is a coward. When you post something online ask yourself if a camera was in my face and the whole world would know about this would i do it? If the answer is no that means you have a conscious and you truly know right from wrong but choose to do stupid things online because you know that behind that screen nobody will ever know who you are. I think this fan club is just immature young kids who want to belong to something so formed this group hero worship in itself is somewhat childish to me but that's my personal opinion. So i find those worshiping or glorifying what this man did are just immature and that this fan page should merit no attention otherwise by giving it attention you give them a reason to be part of this group just go away and let that group fade in the wind. If i say or do something online its something i have no problem standing by and...
    I cant say if its sick. The thing about people online is that there thoughts and opinions are almost irrelevant. People say and do things online that they don't have the courage to stand by in the real world. I promise you nobody would say on live tv i think what that man did was cool and heroic. anybody who cant state there feelings to the world is either scared ashamed don't believe in what they are pretending to believe in or is a coward. When you post something online ask yourself if a camera was in my face and the whole world would know about this would i do it? If the answer is no that means you have a conscious and you truly know right from wrong but choose to do stupid things online because you know that behind that screen nobody will ever know who you are. I think this fan club is just immature young kids who want to belong to something so formed this group hero worship in itself is somewhat childish to me but that's my personal opinion. So i find those worshiping or glorifying what this man did are just immature and that this fan page should merit no attention otherwise by giving it attention you give them a reason to be part of this group just go away and let that group fade in the wind. If i say or do something online its something i have no problem standing by and backing up in the real world and i doubt this fan group can say that. they just want some attention by being part of something they know is wrong in so many ways that to attempt to glorify it only shows ones immaturity level.
  • Felicia 2012/08/04 02:43:33
    Sick
    Felicia
    +1
    Maybe the " fans" should have been shot. They are sick in the head and don't know what it feels like to have a loved one have their life took. Or maybe nobody loves them that's why they turn to violence the poor pathetic souls. I'm not judging them but if they are fans of this evil bastard. They should be dead too. There's no more room for evil so to all the " fans" you are the one who has to answer to God.....
  • Taka 2012/08/04 02:17:25
    Just Immature
    Taka
    +2
    Honestly, most of them are just trolls who have nothing better to do.
  • sm237 2012/08/04 01:42:12
  • meljet 2012/08/04 01:26:27
    Sick
    meljet
    +1
    I wonder about the people who answered immature. Let's have another question about that. They, the Holmes fan club, may be immature too, but they definitely have a deeper problem that needs watching by a professsional.
  • charles nelson 2012/08/04 01:25:59
    Just Immature
    charles nelson
    People are interested in the weird and if they're part of it in anyway, well, they're weird, ain't that weird.
  • BBLEE 2012/08/04 00:54:30
    Sick
    BBLEE
    +1
    I regret the fact, these morons will not get to see their hero, executed on cable T.V.And if there was justice in the world, it would be by the, Firing Squad
  • zacoholic 2012/08/04 00:14:10
    Sick
    zacoholic
    +1
    That is BEYOND messed up
  • Catnip 2012/08/04 00:06:34
    Sick
    Catnip
    +1
    These are the same @ssholes who idolize Charles Manson or Ted Bundy.
  • Bill 2012/08/03 23:34:48
    Sick
    Bill
    +2
    SICK. Anyone that would want to join a group of Holmies, or formulate a group to honor a mass killer, like James Holmes, is definitely sick, and they need to be put on a WATCH LIST by authorities, because they just might go further and immitate Holmes murderous rampage. These people show signs that they need psychiatric help, they are mentally ill, and may pose a threat to society. This is carrying Free Speech just too far.
  • zfeint 2012/08/03 23:29:27 (edited)
    Just Immature
    zfeint
    +1
    Why just two choices, both of which are negative? If posing a question, have answers not slanted so much. And before I get attacked heavily, realize I say this in the spirit of differing opinions.
  • Steveth... zfeint 2012/08/04 06:19:22
    Stevethinks
    +1
    It reeks of thought control! My way or the highway. Good call!
  • shadow76 2012/08/03 23:25:59
    Sick
    shadow76
    +1
    some people just love the dark side!
  • Maddog 2012/08/03 22:52:37
    Sick
    Maddog
    +2
    The are wackos out there folks, and they walk among us. Beware!
  • Rachael Kerr 2012/08/03 22:49:05
    Sick
    Rachael Kerr
    +1
    Seriously, what is wrong with these people?!?!
  • manny 2012/08/03 21:49:16
    Sick
    manny
    so stupid
  • mind-pilot 2012/08/03 21:49:13
    Sick
    mind-pilot
    +3
    I'd like to hear their thoughts. Know their age group. Know their educational background. Know their social places. Know their parents. Sometimes you can't fix stupid. So you need to contain it.
    Know excuses and no-excuse.
  • luke-jones 2012/08/03 21:39:42
    Sick
    luke-jones
    For all I know.
  • El Prez 2012/08/03 21:28:41
    Sick
    El Prez
    +4
    Immature or not it is sick to support a psyco looser who killed innocent people because he was unhappy about something. They are sick and the sight should be derided by every intelligent person who can get to it. These people are fools and should hear it from everyone who cares.
  • Grammar... El Prez 2012/08/03 22:50:49
    Grammar Freak
    +2
    Which is exactly what they want.... negative attention is still attention.
  • Rdtourist 2012/08/03 21:10:00
    Sick
    Rdtourist
    +2
    Same class of jackasses that joined the Manson fan club.
  • clasact 2012/08/03 21:09:26
    Just Immature
    clasact
    +1
    just idiots
  • Maat56 2012/08/03 21:09:16
    Just Immature
    Maat56
    +1
    I feel sorry for him and the vitims...What have our society come too.. Violences on top of angry, no jobs, no hope,no good... where is the love!
  • AndyWolf 2012/08/03 21:00:14
    Just Immature
    AndyWolf
    Just immature. Most likely attention-wanting individuals, sheltered kids in dire need of an a**- whooping, or someone who has killed a lot of people- on Call of Duty.

2014/07/25 03:52:26