College Prof Says Sandy Hook Massacre Never Happened

Transquesta 2013/01/09 09:02:37
FAU prof stirs controversy by disputing Newtown massacre

Gabby Giffords launches site to stop gun violence
By Mike Clary, Sun Sentinel

9:32 p.m. EST, January 7, 2013

A communication professor known for conspiracy theories has stirred controversy at Florida Atlantic University with claims that last month's Newtown, Conn., school shootings did not happen as reported — or may not have happened at all.

Moreover, James Tracy asserts in radio interviews and on his memoryholeblog.com. that trained "crisis actors" may have been employed by the Obama administration in an effort to shape public opinion in favor of the event's true purpose: gun control.

"As documents relating to the Sandy Hook shooting continue to be assessed and interpreted by independent researchers, there is a growing awareness that the media coverage of the massacre of 26 children and adults was intended primarily for public consumption to further larger political ends," writes Tracy, a tenured associate professor of media history at FAU and a former union leader.

In another post, he says, "While it sounds like an outrageous claim, one is left to inquire whether the Sandy Hook shooting ever took place — at least in the way law enforcement authorities and the nation's news media have described."

FAU is distancing itself from Tracy's views.

"James Tracy does not speak for the university. The website on which his post appeared is not affiliated with FAU in any way," said media director Lisa Metcalf.

Tracy said he knows he has sparked controversy on campus. In one of his courses, called "Culture of Conspiracy," Tracy said some students have expressed skepticism about his views.

"But I encourage that," said Tracy, 47, a faculty member for 10 years. "I want to get students to look at events in a more critical way."

In the Internet age, "We see more and more professors getting into trouble for what they're posting on Facebook, or Tweeting," said Gregory Scholtz, director of the department of academic freedom at the Association of University Professors. "And administrations are sensitive to bad publicity; they don't like things that public might find obnoxious or reprehensible. But most reputable administrations stay above the fray and give latitude."

Robert Shibley, an official with the Philadelphia-based Foundation for Individual Rights in Education, said Tracy is well within his rights of free speech, especially when teaching a course on conspiracy theory.

"The only way that a university would have a right to tone it down, or insist he stop talking about it, is if students come to him and say they find it disturbing," said Shibley. "People are allowed to talk about things that are upsetting — for example, abortion."

On Monday, the website Global Research posted a timeline written by Tracy which purports to show how federal and local police agencies, abetted by "major media," conspired early in the Sandy Hook investigation to constuct a scenario pointing to Lanza as " the sole agent of the massacre" when others may have been involved.

In one of his blog posts, "The Sandy Hook School Massacre: Unanswered Questions and Missing Information," Tracy cites several sources for his skepticism, including lack of surveillance video or still images from the scene, the halting performance of the medical examiner at a news conference, timeline confusion, and how the accused shooter was able to fire so many shots in just minutes.

In an interview Monday, Tracy said "while it appears that people lost their lives" at Sandy Hook Elementary on Dec. 14, he is not ready to buy that a lone gunman, 20-year-old Adam Lanza, entered the school and methodically shot 20 children and six adults before killing himself.

Lanza is also suspected of killing his mother at their Newtown home before arriving at the school.

Asked if he has been accused of promoting fringe theories, Tracy said, "I do get that sense, from emails and otherwise."

Tracy said he believes the deaths at Sandy Hook may have resulted from a training exercise. "Was this to a certain degree constructed?" he said. "Was this a drill?

"Something most likely took place," he said. "One is left with the impression that a real tragedy took place."

But, he added, he has not seen bodies, or photos of bodies. "Overall, I'm saying the public needs more information to assess what took place. We don't have that. And when the media and the public don't have that, various sorts of ideas can arise."

Tracy said also has doubts about the official version of the Kennedy assassination, the Oklahoma City bombing, the 9-11 terror attacks and the Aurora, Colo., theater murders.

"I describe myself as a scholar and public intellectual," he said, "interested in going more deeply into controversial public events. Although some may see [my theories] as beyond the pale, I am doing what we should be doing as academics."

Read More: http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/palm-beach/fl-fau...

• jumpboots 187th PIR 2013/03/07 02:25:00
    jumpboots 187th PIR
    +1
    Big time stink.
  • John 2013/02/16 17:50:29
    John
    +1
    I find this a little radical on the surface but should we accept every thing we see on the news as truth? It seems a little crazy to question these tragedies but I think it's good that someone is digging into these stories instead of accepting them at face value. Nothing is beyond possibility.
  • Shawn 2013/01/17 14:52:59
    Shawn
    +1
    So your saying Obama had this happen to get more control over guns? Why did Bush have 9/11 happen? Why was J.K assassinated. What was the profit from all these situations?
  • Transqu... Shawn 2013/01/17 18:27:29 (edited)
    Transquesta
    So your saying. . .

Spotting Slimy Debate Tactics 101

Whenever a person begins a rebuttal with any variation on the phrase "so. . .you," that individual is trying to put words in your mouth or ideas in your head. S/he is trying to project sentiments onto you which are otherwise not there in HOPES of getting you to battle an endless succession of straw men.

I'm not saying anything of the kind. The PROFESSOR cited in the ARTICLE is suggesting it.
  • David Hussey 2013/01/13 08:19:21
    David Hussey
    +3
    LOL.... People actually pay to have their children educated by this clown?
  • Transqu... David H... 2013/01/13 08:22:33
    Transquesta
    +1
    They send 'em to government scruels. Why wouldn't they pay some freak to educate them?
  • David H... Transqu... 2013/01/13 08:32:37
    David Hussey
    +2
    From some of the commentary on this (and other topics) I'm pretty sure they actually did get their education from this guy, or an equally whack-a-doodle kook.

Not to say that this event doesn't deserve some scrutiny, just that those who insist the events are not as portrayed are just as looney as the ones who wouldn't consider questioning the official line.
  • Transqu... David H... 2013/01/13 08:36:23 (edited)
    Transquesta
    +3
    I disagree (but 'only slightly'). To me it makes MORE sense to question--if not suspect--government (of) heinous acts than NOT to question/suspect it. What makes people 'loony' is the refusal to budge from their delusions in the presence of contrary facts/data/evidence. That goes for both the theorists AND the debunkers. (Rational individuals remain open to new data.)
  • David H... Transqu... 2013/01/13 08:42:32
    David Hussey
    +3
    I question everything... especially government. What stands out to me are those who refuse to question themselves, to challenge what they themselves believe. If people simply did this, you'd see the lunatic conspiracy theories as well as the blind acceptance of government BS vanish.
  • Transqu... David H... 2013/01/13 08:44:12
    Transquesta
    +3
    NOW we're on the same page. The exact same page. :-)
  • Pedalpusher 2013/01/12 14:05:06
    Pedalpusher
    +3
    WOW, ok I don't like the Obama administration, I don't like the idea of gun control and I feel that Obama would stop at nothing to get his gun control in. But even I have a problems of buying into that theory. Maybe just to get his class looking at a more antithetical side, but to seriously think this was done blows my mind.! It would darn sure be a way to get him out of office if they could prove it, but even I don't think they could.
  • Shawn Pedalpu... 2013/01/17 14:58:48
    Shawn
    +1
    Do you believe 9/11 happen?
  • Transqu... Shawn 2013/01/17 18:29:48
    Transquesta
    +1
    PAST TENSE, Shawn. "Do you believe 9/11 HAPPENED.

And yes, it's obvious that it HAPPENED. What's not so obvious is who was behind it, who let it happen, who encouraged our government-generated enemies to attack us, etc.
  • Pedalpu... Shawn 2013/01/19 12:57:24
  • Samantha Green 2013/01/12 13:49:58
    Samantha Green
    +2
    Okay I don't know what to say about that.
  • David H... Samanth... 2013/01/13 08:20:12
    David Hussey
    +2
    Try laughing Samantha, it worked for me.
  • Samanth... David H... 2013/01/14 14:20:30
    Samantha Green
    +2
    That mit work. Thank David!
  • David H... Samanth... 2013/01/15 02:21:33
    David Hussey
    +1
    You're welcome :)
  • gfreeman BN-0 2013/01/11 19:38:52
    gfreeman BN-0
    +2
    Is this the best America's liberal universities can give us?
  • Transqu... gfreema... 2013/01/11 20:09:21
    Transquesta
    +2
    Yes. :-)
  • jasmine1 gfreema... 2013/01/15 05:38:12
    jasmine1
    +2
    No, they give us communist professors.
  • gfreema... jasmine1 2013/01/15 14:26:26
    gfreeman BN-0
    +2
    Well, this guy is definitely trying to over thrown the government.
  • ConLibFraud 2013/01/11 17:34:34
    ConLibFraud
    +1
    This poll proves why America is doomed. It is chuck full of mindless programmed non thinking cowards who are afraid to look in their mirrors and believe anything the government/media tell them without 1 shred of proof or evidence. The fake binnie kill is a perfect example and now this. No wonder 911 was such a piece of cake for the criminals who control America.
  • ConLibFraud 2013/01/11 17:28:59
    ConLibFraud
    +1
    All you gullible bleeding heart suckers .... can any one of you bring forth the evidence anyone was shot? Photoshop and hearsay will be laughed at.
  • David H... ConLibF... 2013/01/13 08:22:51
    David Hussey
    +2
    Can you bring forth evidence that you're capable of forming a coherent thought?
  • ConLibF... David H... 2013/01/13 16:37:24
    ConLibFraud
    +1
    You have ZERO evidence to base your fears on and have the nerve to insult me while hiding behind your little computer. You have rendered yourself useless.
  • ProVega 2013/01/11 04:05:05
    ProVega
    +2
    It's nice to know we have College Professors in and amongst the Loonies.
  • User Deactivated 2013/01/10 21:58:33
    User Deactivated
    +1
    Nothing is impossible. The shootings actually happened, but not in the way they have been described.
  • Transqu... User De... 2013/01/10 22:57:22
    Transquesta
    +5
    Nothing ever happens the way gover-business media describes it.
  • holly go lightly 2013/01/10 19:49:37
    holly go lightly
    +5
    No one knows yet what happened there.But it is the people that don't want any questions asked that scare the hell out of me.
    I'll bet the parents want to know what actually happened.
  • Transqu... holly g... 2013/01/10 20:09:47
    Transquesta
    +4
    Exactly right! Those who've commented on these threads who are at least open to the idea that we may not be getting the whole truth don't scare me. Those who insult and flame on the mere SUGGESTION that something smells fishy. . .THEY'RE the ones who scare me.
  • ConLibF... Transqu... 2013/01/11 17:36:06
    ConLibFraud
    +3
    This is how they have conquered America. Too many grazing cows.
  • ConLibF... holly g... 2013/01/11 17:35:07
    ConLibFraud
    +3
    Damn right!
  • jasmine1 ConLibF... 2013/01/15 05:39:52
    jasmine1
    +2
    I do not know what really happened but I do know Barry is capable of anything.
  • ConLibF... jasmine1 2013/01/15 05:45:26
    ConLibFraud
    +1
    Not just Barry, he is only a puppet. Please take the time to gather this info...

• ☆stillthe12c☆ 2013/01/10 19:16:06
    ☆stillthe12c☆
    +3
    I am not sure that the Professor is all there. But there have been some lies that have been put out to put pressure on many people to make it easier to get more gun regulation. For one the so called bushmaster was never used in the shooting. They found 4 handguns on the man. So yes there are some agendas out there.
  • Kara ~~~ American Patriot 2013/01/10 18:43:11
    Kara ~~~ American Patriot
    +1
    It is possible. After all, Obama's transcripts from schools and his his original long-from BD certificate are hiding somewhere.
  • Tedster Kara ~~... 2013/01/11 07:00:47 (edited)
  • Kara ~~... Tedster 2013/01/12 21:48:27
    Kara ~~~ American Patriot
    +2
    If that is so, then Obama having his records sealed is very serious.
    Obama liar phony Obama liar phony
  • Tedster Kara ~~... 2013/01/12 23:22:02

2014/12/18 05:07:22