CIA Stops New Al-Qaida Underwear Bomb Plot. Is The TSA Doing Enough To Protect Travelers?

mrosen814 2012/05/07 21:58:56
Related Topics: CIA, TSA, Bomb, Protect, Al-qaida

Read More: http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington/story/2012...

• branrules101 2012/05/08 01:12:18
    branrules101
    +5
    Wow, they are doing WAY TOO MUCH!!!! So they grope children and send radiation through those who refuse to be groped... Millions of people per year, and they catch ONE person and all of a sudden it's "Oh the TSA is here to protect us!" STFU! This has gone too far, the TSA needs to go die in a hole...

• Mark In... Haruhos... 2012/05/07 23:15:37
    Mark In Irvine
    in fact, i am joking ...
  • ETpro 2012/05/07 22:09:42
    ETpro
    +4
    No, they should dismember every traveler and scatter the parts around for bomb sniffing dogs to eat -- just to keep us safe.
  • Mrkando 2012/05/07 22:08:29
    Mrkando
    +3
    If you have ever had the pleasure of being searched because you rang the busser one too many times you may answer this with NO or Undecided. I can assure you they are going way farther than I care to endure. When you have the volume of people that go through airports in a short period of time as they do today it is almost impossible to do a through job of finding every possibility. That would require stripping everyone and of course that will not happen. But let them take you aside to check you out and I assure you your perspective will change.
  • Christmas; In Chrome 2012/05/07 22:08:09
    Christmas; In Chrome
    +1
    They were pretty lax at the LAX last time I flew, But since it was only my first time doing it I couldn't say. On a side note (Sorry, but I just couldn't resist) My underwear ALWAYS has a bomb in it!
  • Mary Ann 2012/05/07 22:06:49
    Mary Ann
    +3
    I thought TSA was an American Government branch, the plane was in route to America.
  • Dynasty Fighter 2012/05/07 22:06:44
    Dynasty Fighter
    +2
    terrorist are just stupid all they do is waste time killing people
  • Jill 2012/05/07 22:04:17
    Jill
    +4
    I just don't think they are doing the smart things. Wasting resources and manpower checking out little kids and others who do not fit the description is ridiculous. They need a better system of profiling like what they have in Israel. It doesn't harass everybody just because of some asinine notion of fairness and manages to do a great job at their airports.
  • MadAsHEck Jill 2012/05/08 00:22:08 (edited)
    MadAsHEck
    +1
    Israel has 2 international airports, and about 250 flights a day. America has hundreds of International Airports, and as many as 3000-4000 aircraft in the air 24/7 365 days a year.

To get to the airport, you go through a search by the military, then a scrutiny, and luggage check, then a profiling as you go to the gate to your plane. They have more stingent controls than the TSA even has thought of yet. One bit of suspicioon at any point in the procedure, and you are subjected to more problems than the TSA has thought of yet.

And they have caught Baby seats rigged as IED's, Women hiding bombs in their vaginas, and other stuff you never hear about. I won't fly, and even with the cautions of the TSA, eventually a Terrorist or 2 will again take down flights. As one article I read stated "Someone seems to have pulled the plug on the alarm, and we are soon to be getting another rude awakening. And if Al Queda has anything to say about it, it is going to be sonner than later."

2014/10/02 12:32:42