Christopher Columbus Day - Was he a hero or a villain?

Assassin Felinious 2007/10/05 17:38:37
Christopher Columbus, nefarious villain
Christopher Columbus, America's first hero
Christopher Columbus, just a flawed man like all men.

• QueliKelly 2009/10/12 17:03:48
    Christopher Columbus, nefarious villain
    QueliKelly
    +9
    killing people puts you far beyond what can be considered normal and sane. maybe for his time he was acceptable, but i canĀ“t bring myself to approve of that kind of behavior no matter what the year.

• Michael... Dagon 2009/10/13 00:09:50
    Michael The Archangel
    +1
    There are still lesson to be learned.

Here is the truth about Columbus

http://voiceofwarning.blogspo...
  • Dagon Michael... 2009/10/13 00:14:52
  • Danny 2009/10/09 01:19:43
    Danny
    I think he must have been the original redneck.. he wrote in his log how the people had never seen a firearm and just stood there as the man next to him was shot. Sort of a historical equivalent of "watch this".
  • patti 2009/10/09 01:12:05
    patti
    +1
    He was a brave explorer in his time, he took on a challenge not understood in today idea of exploration.

All of us are flawed in many ways, not nearly evolved in many ways.. its unfair to criticize when you haven't walked in his shoes, and none of use could ever walk in those shoes.. .
    He then was a hero.. Its not for us to say he was anything other.
    Understanding what happened in the past is the way we find the proper road into the future.
  • Michael... patti 2009/10/13 00:11:37
    Michael The Archangel
    I give praise to the man.

Here is the truth about Columbus

http://voiceofwarning.blogspo...
  • mchi59 2009/10/09 01:07:31
    mchi59
    +3
    But I do think he is one of the most overrated figures in the history of this country. He is considered a hero and gets a day even though he mistreated Native Americans. The Vikings are here long before Columbus, yet they are ignored and have a negative image. I think this country needs to have a Leif Erickson(I admit this may or may not be the correct spelling) Day to celebrate the Vikings achievement. I think all of us descendents of the Vikings need to make our voices heard above the Italians
  • MARCY mchi59 2009/10/09 18:25:23
    MARCY
    +1
    Agreed with you Vikings where first to come to America. agreed vikings america Viking boat. agreed vikings america viking boat Totora boats in Titicaca lake Bolivia.
  • Michael... MARCY 2009/10/13 00:14:58
    Michael The Archangel
    Before Columbus,perhaps, but he first ones were the ones that were already here. Do not be suprised if one day we learn that the craddle of cicilization was once here in this continent.

Here is the truth about Columbus

http://voiceofwarning.blogspo...
  • Michael... mchi59 2009/10/13 00:13:41
    Michael The Archangel
    Yes he was not the only one upon which the spirit og God fell to come upon these lands. We need to bring to light the records of the vikings. I am sure they have a great tale to tell.

Here is the truth about Columbus according to my studies.

http://voiceofwarning.blogspo...
  • Michael... mchi59 2009/10/26 16:18:13
    Michael The Archangel
    Jealousy does not become you my friend. These days opinions do not count as testimony and facts do. It would be nice to have some records so we can all share the blame as much as the glory. Till it is proven other wise, neither the Vikings or the Italians should boast of the discovery of America more than Columbus himself and the mother country that financied his voyayages.
  • mojo-jojo 2009/10/09 00:55:39
    mojo-jojo
    +1
    he was a hero.
  • Michael... mojo-jojo 2009/10/13 00:15:23
    Michael The Archangel
    I think so too.

Here is the truth about Columbus yours trully.

http://voiceofwarning.blogspo...
  • lclon 2009/10/09 00:45:01
    lclon
    Columbus was a bold man who took risk in sailing across the vast ocean to discover land which later became America. I suppose Indians were living on the land prior to Columbus discovering it. It's possible that he could be called an America hero.
  • Michael... lclon 2009/10/13 00:15:40
    Michael The Archangel
    Here is the truth about Columbus

http://voiceofwarning.blogspo...
  • Tom 2009/10/09 00:32:56
    Tom
    +2
    I've got off Monday......HERO
  • rabbit Tom 2009/10/10 06:12:36 (edited)
    rabbit
    I'm glad to have the day off, but I don't think he a hero. I think he was an evil man....
  • Michael... rabbit 2009/10/13 00:16:14
    Michael The Archangel
    Not accoring to God.

Here is the truth about Columbus

http://voiceofwarning.blogspo...
  • rabbit Michael... 2009/10/13 03:56:43
    rabbit
    +1
    villain.....
  • jitko rabbit 2009/10/21 03:07:56
    jitko
    +1
    I was glad my kids did not get the day off of school. I'm glad the columbus-worship is dwindling.
  • AV 2009/10/09 00:25:25
    AV
    +1
    just a human.
  • Michael... AV 2009/10/13 00:16:32
    Michael The Archangel
    The best blood of his time.

Here is the truth about Columbus

http://voiceofwarning.blogspo...
  • Michael The Archangel 2009/10/09 00:24:27
    Michael The Archangel
    +8
    Many people will disagree with me, but had not he done what he did, perhaps I as most latin americans, if not all would not be alive today. When Colombis came my ancestors who were a brach of the House of Israel, even from the house of Joseph, they had already degenerated in unbelielief. Thye became a ferocious and loathsome people even after having been such a delightful and refined people they lost all traces of civilization and they were in tribal turmoil waring against each other when they were discovered and colonized.. They probably would have exterminated each other without any outside intervention. Before them two other great nations were already destroyed. The first of these nations was destroyed to the last man stading. And my ancestors destroyed the other one, even theoir bretheren, that not one soul of their adversaries were left. And even though the conquistadores severed, scattered and erradicated most of my ancestors, some did survive and from these is that I come.

Of Such it is written:

And it came to pass that my people, with their wives and their children, did now behold the armies of the Lamanites marching towards them; and with that awful fear of death which fills the breasts of all the wicked, did they await to receive them. And it came to pass that they...

Of Such it is written:

And it came to pass that my people, with their wives and their children, did now behold the armies of the Lamanites marching towards them; and with that awful fear of death which fills the breasts of all the wicked, did they await to receive them. And it came to pass that they came to battle against us, and every soul was filled with terror because of the greatness of their numbers. And it came to pass that they did fall upon my people with the sword, and with the bow, and with the arrow, and with the ax, and with all manner of weapons of war.

And it came to pass that my men were hewn down, yea, even my ten thousand who were with me, and I fell wounded in the midst; and they passed by me that they did not put an end to my life. And when they had gone through and hewn down all my people save it were twenty and four of us, (among whom was my son Moroni) and we having survived the dead of our people, did behold on the morrow, when the Lamanites had returned unto their camps, from the top of the hill Cumorah, the ten thousand of my people who were hewn down, being led in the front by me.

And we also beheld the ten thousand of my people who were led by my son Moroni. And behold, the ten thousand of Gidgiddonah had fallen, and he also in the midst. And Lamah had fallen with his ten thousand; and Gilgal had fallen with his ten thousand; and Limhah had fallen with his ten thousand; and Jeneum had fallen with his ten thousand; and Cumenihah, and Moronihah, and Antionum, and Shiblom, and Shem, and Josh, had fallen with their ten thousand each.And it came to pass that there were ten more who did fall by the sword, with their ten thousand each; yea, even all my people, save it were those twenty and four who were with me, and also a few who had escaped into the south countries, and a few who had deserted over unto the Lamanites, had fallen; and their flesh, and bones, and blood lay upon the face of the earth, being left by the hands of those who slew them to molder upon the land, and to crumble and to return to their mother earth. And my soul was rent with anguish, because of the slain of my people, and I cried: O ye fair ones, how could ye have departed from the ways of the Lord! O ye fair ones, how could ye have rejected that Jesus, who stood with open arms to receive you! Behold, if ye had not done this, ye would not have fallen. But behold, ye are fallen, and I mourn your loss.

(Book of Mormon | Mormon 6:7 - 18)
  • Cloud 2009/10/09 00:24:14
    Christopher Columbus, nefarious villain
    Cloud
    +2
    Columbus didn't discover anything, you can't discover what isn't lost ....
  • rabbit Cloud 2009/10/10 06:13:52
    rabbit
    +2
    Man, my mother told me that. And you are so right!!!!
  • Cloud rabbit 2009/10/10 06:44:35
    Cloud
    Thanks!
  • am Cloud 2009/10/10 13:46:21
    am
    +2
    That's what we tell our children!
  • Cloud am 2009/10/10 16:59:12
    Cloud
    I'm glad there are more people who understand!
  • Michael... Cloud 2009/10/13 00:16:48
    Michael The Archangel
    Here is the truth about Columbus

http://voiceofwarning.blogspo...
  • Cloud Michael... 2009/10/13 03:00:25
    Cloud
    Bad link
  • Joves the Instigator 2009/10/09 00:23:46
    Joves the Instigator
    +2
    He was just a man of his times and, those times were times of conquest.It seems the Politically Correct arent bright enough to see that, instead they want to demonize him.
  • Michael... Joves t... 2009/10/09 00:39:14
    Michael The Archangel
    +1
    A little mor than that. Colombus was a man upon whom the spirit of God fell and it was because of it that he endeavored to cross the many waters. It was even prophesied that it would be that way even six hundred year before the birth of JC. By the Holy prophets a colony of Israelites that came upon this continet of America at that time when they escaped the first dstruction of Jerusalem that took place a decade or so after they left Jerusalem. My people kept a detailed record of these things, and their political and secular history. and of such it is written:

And it came to pass that I looked and beheld many waters; and they divided the Gentiles from the seed of my brethren. And it came to pass that the angel said unto me: Behold the wrath of God is upon the seed of thy brethren. And I looked and beheld a man among the Gentiles, who was separated from the seed of my brethren by the many waters; and I beheld the Spirit of God, that it came down and wrought upon the man; and he went forth upon the many waters, even unto the seed of my brethren, who were in the promised land. And it came to pass that I beheld the Spirit of God, that it wrought upon other Gentiles; and they went forth out of captivity, upon the many waters. And it came to pass that I beheld many multitudes of th...

And it came to pass that I looked and beheld many waters; and they divided the Gentiles from the seed of my brethren. And it came to pass that the angel said unto me: Behold the wrath of God is upon the seed of thy brethren. And I looked and beheld a man among the Gentiles, who was separated from the seed of my brethren by the many waters; and I beheld the Spirit of God, that it came down and wrought upon the man; and he went forth upon the many waters, even unto the seed of my brethren, who were in the promised land. And it came to pass that I beheld the Spirit of God, that it wrought upon other Gentiles; and they went forth out of captivity, upon the many waters. And it came to pass that I beheld many multitudes of the Gentiles upon the land of promise; and I beheld the wrath of God, that it was upon the seed of my brethren; and they were scattered before the Gentiles and were smitten. And I beheld the Spirit of the Lord, that it was upon the Gentiles, and they did prosper and obtain the bland for their inheritance; and I beheld that they were white, and exceedingly fair and beautiful, like unto my people before they were slain. And it came to pass that I, Nephi, beheld that the Gentiles who had gone forth out of captivity did humble themselves before the Lord; and the power of the Lord was with them. And I beheld that their mother Gentiles were gathered together upon the waters, and upon the land also, to battle against them. And I beheld that the power of God was with them, and also that the wrath of God was upon all those that were gathered together against them to battle.

(Book of Mormon | 1 Nephi 13:10 - 18)
  • Razia 2009/10/09 00:20:06
    Razia
    +2
    None of the above -- he was just an explorer.
  • 12 Tone Melody 2009/10/09 00:02:37
    12 Tone Melody
    Who made a great discovery--in spite of not finding what he set out to find
  • Allbiz ... 12 Tone... 2009/10/09 01:55:50
    Allbiz - PWCM - JLA
    +2
    What the hell did he discover? There were 10's of thousqand of people already living here who had already discovered it long before he became a gleam in his father's eye.
  • IsolatedIncidents 2009/10/08 23:48:13
    IsolatedIncidents
    +1
    since there's an undecided choice i just picked this one. and fyi, Columbus day is on October 12th
  • Hellno~POTL~RWAC~FUCU 2009/10/08 23:46:49
    Hellno~POTL~RWAC~FUCU
    +1
    Niether! If it wasn't him it would've been someone else.
  • Michael... Hellno~... 2009/10/26 16:06:20
    Michael The Archangel
    One admirable and illustious man like you asked in at dinner table the same question directly to C. Colombus. In response to this he asked everyone at the table to try to stand one egg at the end. Everyone tried and no one was able to do it. Then Columbis grabbed the egg, cracked it at one and and then he was able to make it stand. Then, Columbus replied to the man that asked him the question. After it has been done the first time, nothing is easier. You and all those that are of the same opinion may learn something from that. You may also get some raves yourself if you pass the word aorund. But I suggest you learn before you preach.

http://malkiyahu.blogspot.com...
  • Hellno~... Michael... 2009/10/26 16:38:01
    Hellno~POTL~RWAC~FUCU
    Who was preaching? 10 words is not preaching.... I suggest you get a grip!
  • moomoof 2009/10/08 23:32:24
    Christopher Columbus, nefarious villain
    moomoof
    +3
    I don't know why is he a hero well i guess for those like ...well i know for my ancestors he was an A class douche
  • Taina1205 2009/08/26 08:01:47
    Christopher Columbus, nefarious villain
    Taina1205
    +5
    Why do we celebrate a man who didn't really do anything but made a fool of himself thinking he found India? Why do we celebrate man who killed a bunch of innocent people? He is a selfish man and deserves no right to be celebrated.

2014/04/18 18:21:44