Christine O'Donnell: Once a Witch, Always a Witch?

Politics 2010/09/20 15:00:00
Christine O'Donnell is a witch, I tell you, a witch, and she turned Bill Maher into a newt.

Maher, the host of "Real Time with Bill Maher," has dipped into his unused clips from years ago to unveil some bizarre quotes from the Sarah Palin lookalike O'Donnell so she will come on to his show.

So what's this clip? One in which the GOP Delaware Senate candidate says she dabbled in witchcraft.

"One of my first dates with a witch was on a satanic altar, and I didn't know it. I mean, there's little blood there and stuff like that," she said. "We went to a movie and then had a midnight picnic on a satanic altar."

O'Donnell has said some silly things, though most of them years ago, and now Maher has put her in a tough spot with her church-going supporters. He says he has other clips he plans to share with the unsuspecting public until she agrees to an appearance. After this news broke, she canceled her appearances on Sunday news shows.

What should she say about this?

Read More: http://abcnews.go.com/News/bill-maher-airs-christi...

• BeckieGirl 2010/09/20 16:56:04
    No, this is ridiculous
    BeckieGirl
    +27
    Just like the Hypocrite Party (Democrats). Throwing stone and name around to discredit the Tea Party candidate. OMG back in the 90's O'Donnell told people not to masturbate and abstain from sex. How evil and wrong is that, but don't pay your taxes, give jobs to family and friends, seal you records so nobody can really see who you are and what you stand for. Now that is patriot, the American way of life right. I don't know about you, but I rather have O'Donnell as my representative teaching the youth to hold off on sex, rather teaching them how to get ahead by screwing your fellow man like the Hypocrite Party.

• C. C. R... chaoski... 2010/09/26 10:35:44
    C. C. Rider
    lol...I would say the "only" one hiding behind my skirt is you to insult him. lol I am sure you blocked him. And if he did block you, it is only because he passed out by reading the LONG WINDED responses you give...I have passed out before even being able to hit the block button...
  • chaoski... C. C. R... 2010/09/26 08:55:51
    chaoskitty123
    +1
    I said...

Quote
    Here you have a woman accused of witchcraft essentially by Bill Maher
    End Quote

So you're saying he did not essentially call her a witch by airing a video of her specifically because she was talking about dabbling in witchcraft. I used the word "essentially" for a reason as it was him posting this video that got the blogosphere accusing her of being a witch. I never said he did actually used the words but he might as well have since every Liberal in America seems to think thats what he was saying when he posted it.

You won nothing except a heavy handed response for not being observant.

And you also missed that point because you obviously took it that he called her a witch or why would you be talking about having a pail of water for her? Did he post a video of her saying she played with dollies? No, he posted a video of her admitting that at 19 she dabbled in witchcraft or at least thats what her friends who were doing it said it was... so she doesn't even know if it was witchcraft or not.

So how did I lose the debate when you didn't even pay attention to what was actually said or your own comment as to why I said it.

If Bill wants to post all 22 vidclips he has for the sole purpose of trying to get her on his show jokingly calling it blackmail, let him. In her youth,...

I said...

Quote
    End Quote

If Bill wants to post all 22 vidclips he has for the sole purpose of trying to get her on his show jokingly calling it blackmail, let him. In her youth, O'Donnell was a very outgoing person often saying things which made her look bad by todays standards because people who go on MTV aren't exactly going to be old fogies as they always want the youth element. Until recently with all the attacks, I had never heard of her but it turns out she was very popular at one time which was why Bill had her on his show so often.

But Bill was caught addressing this by saying he actually likes her a lot and is just trying to get her on his show... so you have a political candidate you like personally who's in a difficult election campaign so to get her on your show, instead of going behind the scenes, he pulls out 22 soundbites from his show he threatens to release one each week which he knows is designed to humiliate her and could cost her to lose the election.

Forgive me... but if this is what Bill Maher does to someone he likes, then what kind of a scumbag is he really? That's fine with you then so be it because I'm sure if you were trying to achieve something and someone who claims to like you suddenly pulls out some nude photos of you or some videos taking sound bites from them to humiliate you with or knowingly could cost you everything you're trying to achieve... I'm sure you'd laugh it off.

I said people like Bill need to shut the hell up and leave her alone because what he said set the country ablaze with attacks against her. If this plays out like normal, it will somehow backfire and instead of hurting O'Donnell it helps her win instead.

I never said I supported O'Donnell anywhere... I said this type of thing could hurt her opponent and rightfully pointed out no one seems to give a flock of seagulls who he even is that are attacking O'Donnell. She's not running for the Presidency or a national office and while Democrats are focusing on their attacks on her, two seats they thought were guaranteed to be theirs in Wisconsin and West Virginia are suddenly reversing course moving in the Republicans favor.

You guys on the left waste all your time attacking these people and none of it promoting your own candidates to give people a reason to vote for them... and all it takes is an idiot like Bill Maher to get you focused on O'Donnell laughing and chuckling away for you to gain one seat and lose two or maybe lose all three.

I am not speaking to people like yourself to stop you from ridiculing O'Donnell as i could care less... I am trying to get you to focus on promoting your own candidates to give people a reason to vote for them instead of always wasting all your energy on these idiotic attacks against the right that always comes back on you in one way or another. Did Sarah Palin win in 2008? No and look at all the damage she's done helping Republicans win elections and nominations where they didn't really stand a chance when no one would care about Palin at all if it weren't for the endless attacks against her by the political left. I want candidates to win because of merit and to hear why we should vote for them rather than only hearing from the political left why we shouldn't vote for the political right.

Do you guys not have anything positive to say about your candidates to give people a reason to vote for them or are they all as worthless and incompetent as the political right says they are so there's nothing good you can say about them?

There's more wind for you but it would help if you actually used sails instead old newspapers about Obama winning in 2008 if you really want to get anywhere.
  • C. C. R... chaoski... 2010/09/26 10:38:44
    C. C. Rider
    +1
    When exposing a candidate as a waste, as Odonnell is, that is promoting our candidate. You mis spoke and get over it....even posting and re reading your own post you still can admit you ARE wrong......Bill Maher DID not accuse her of witch craft...SHE SAID IT. your post is misleading to say the least
  • imotley C. C. R... 2010/09/20 21:12:52
    imotley
    +2
    You want real witches? Nancy Pelosi, Barbara Boxer are a couple to start with. THey've done more damage than this woman has ever done.
  • C. C. R... imotley 2010/09/20 21:32:09 (edited)
    C. C. Rider
    +3
    lol...I see she put on spell on you..lol....the woman is insane..like I said....she is the perfect "con" and represents all con women to the hilt....
  • imotley C. C. R... 2010/09/20 21:40:30
    imotley
    +2
    Nope, no spells, just a bit of common sense in this crazy world. Let me ask you, did you ever do anything stupid in high school? If you didn't you probably are a candidate for sainthood.
  • C. C. R... imotley 2010/09/21 14:36:26
    C. C. Rider
    +3
    Well...I was voted most likley to be a Saint in High School...mmmm Saint. Rider.....yea, I like it.....thank you....
  • imotley C. C. R... 2010/09/21 14:41:29
    imotley
    +2
    OK, Saint Rider.... so be it! :-)
  • MAMMY51... imotley 2010/11/19 19:51:10
  • imotley MAMMY51... 2010/11/19 21:00:41
    imotley
    +1
    Priceless!
  • riceron... imotley 2010/09/21 15:32:19
  • jon riceron... 2010/09/23 16:48:02
    jon
    ........ wow...... that's all that comes to mind....... that musta been some WEIRD stuff he was tweaked on.....
  • tncdel 2010/09/20 19:47:24
    No, this is ridiculous
    tncdel
    +1
    The Libs are embarrassing themselves to stoop that low trying to attack O' Donnell.
    Personally-speaking, I'm not into mysticism at all. But I enjoyed the "Wizard of Oz" when I was a kid. So if O' Donnell is a "witch," then she's definitely the GOOD witch. And her evil Commie-Socialist Lib opponent, Coons, is an EVIL wizard who raised taxes and had ties to corruption in New Castle County, Delaware, where Coons was INEPT as the county exec.
  • Gary tncdel 2010/09/20 21:51:05
    Gary
    +6
    Boy, I'm sure glad that Michelle Obama didn't say that she did the witch thing
    ten or twenty years ago. A couple million hypocritical teabagger morons would be having conniption fits over it.
  • C. C. R... Gary 2010/09/21 15:38:20
    C. C. Rider
    +5
    lol....you are SOOO right...it would be wall to wall blogs on SH!!!
  • Kev316 tncdel 2010/09/21 02:46:05
    Kev316
    +6
    Funny thing about religious freedom: Its the same for Wiccans as it is for Christians as it is for - well, Muslims. Know what else? No litmus tests allowed under the constitution. So it really doesn't matter to me.

Know what DOES matter to me? Campaign finance fraud. Know why? Because if conservatives are too stupid to see they are being stolen from, it still is illegal and should be prosecuted. It is being prosecuted, actually.

We here on the left actually believe in the value of many voices and don't want the opposition DESTROYED, literally. You little lunatics on this site, however, are blood thirsty sociopaths, relishing the thought of vengeance for a thousand cuts over a lifetime, wounds which have nothing to do with any of us.
  • chaoski... Kev316 2010/09/26 10:23:44
    chaoskitty123
    +1
    Campaign finance fraud... she paid someones rent Kev so they had a home to live in... you find this worse than spending the money on hookers and booze? They all do it Kev or haven't you ever asked what happens to all the leftover money from the campaigns and how it is you see them suddenly get a brand new car or a new house on an income that would take ten years for them to afford.

So campaign finance fraud because a politician used campaign funds to pay someones rent is the horror show that has you riled up about this? She'll pay a fine like everyone else does and go on with her campaign if found guilty.

What has me riled up is that if a college student playing football breaks his neck playing the game he at least knows he was trying to get a college education... but if someone gives him a notebook and someone raises a fuss about it, he would be tossed off the team or the team could be sanctioned by the NCAA.

Now compare that to someone paying a few bucks to cover someones rent vs all the other things you know virtually every other politician misappropriates funds for. Now ask yourself Kev... is paying someones rent really all that bad or does it sound more like a witch hunt and they're nitpicking every small detail to try to justify burning her like a grand inquisitor during t...

Now compare that to someone paying a few bucks to cover someones rent vs all the other things you know virtually every other politician misappropriates funds for. Now ask yourself Kev... is paying someones rent really all that bad or does it sound more like a witch hunt and they're nitpicking every small detail to try to justify burning her like a grand inquisitor during the burning times? Then go look how much campaign funds she had Kev... she barely had enough to pay her own expenses and was in fact so in debt after that election that she still doesn't have all her creditors paid and had to sell her house... yeah Kev, she did a bad thing for a good reason and with as little money as she had, keeping someone from being thrown out of their home working on her campaign was more important to her.

i think you will really convince Republicans she's a bad person here when she had slightly over $30 thousand dollars and Biden had over $4 million he spent to beat her and she still carried over 30% of the vote. Still think this issue makes her such a bad person?
  • Kev316 chaoski... 2010/09/26 17:14:07
    Kev316
    Lol. Okay. More will be revealed.
  • Whyputa... tncdel 2010/09/23 03:58:24
    Whyputaname
    Personally speaking I wouldn't vote for her.....I'd stay home if there wasn't viable candidate to vote for.

So by saying what you are saying, even though this person wouldn't even make a good dog catcher, you would vote for her anyways.

Libs aren't embarrassing themselves, they are sitting back and laughing at the list of supposed candidates that the Reichwing has to offer.......a bunch of dittzy morons!
  • chaoski... Whyputa... 2010/09/26 10:54:30
    chaoskitty123
    +1
    Really? You must not be part of the little leftwing group palling around and raving one another because your comment ranks with what they normally rave.

I'm a Centrist and frankly I opposed Bush for eight years supporting the people on the left and I even voted for Obama. But after a few months, a lot of things began to happen that turned me against the left such as Obama's poor handling of the Gitmo issue acting like a dictator and turning his own party against him. How the Democrats who claimed to be anti war tossed aside their No War signs to become pro war supporters as long as Democrats were in charge. Obama's disastrous handling of the Iranian elections acting like an idiot even going so far as to invite Ajad to the US for a 4th of July celebration to buddy up when the election was in June and he didn't even know if Ajad would win. Then I began learning more about Obama that I hadn't known when I voted for him. I learned he never voted against Bush even once but in favor of everything Bush wanted... in fact, he talks like a Liberal explaining why Republicans hate him and Democrats love him, but the mans voting record makes him look like a Conservative Republican with how often he voted for them against the political left. He made his entire career almost from a state Sena...

I'm a Centrist and frankly I opposed Bush for eight years supporting the people on the left and I even voted for Obama. But after a few months, a lot of things began to happen that turned me against the left such as Obama's poor handling of the Gitmo issue acting like a dictator and turning his own party against him. How the Democrats who claimed to be anti war tossed aside their No War signs to become pro war supporters as long as Democrats were in charge. Obama's disastrous handling of the Iranian elections acting like an idiot even going so far as to invite Ajad to the US for a 4th of July celebration to buddy up when the election was in June and he didn't even know if Ajad would win. Then I began learning more about Obama that I hadn't known when I voted for him. I learned he never voted against Bush even once but in favor of everything Bush wanted... in fact, he talks like a Liberal explaining why Republicans hate him and Democrats love him, but the mans voting record makes him look like a Conservative Republican with how often he voted for them against the political left. He made his entire career almost from a state Senator in Illinois to a US Senator promising to repeal the Patriot Act or remove it's most offensive provisions... then as President, he does the exact opposite actually preserving these provisions which were about to expire not for the Republicans, but to try fixing damage being caused by idiot Liberals like Keith Olberman attacking the Conservative Democrats and trying to "remind them" how Liberals and Progressives put them where they were... no, Conservative and Moderate Democrats put them where they were and Liberals and Progressives voted for them to keep Republicans from winning.

Almost every one of you guys on the left said if he tossed the public option from his healthcare plan that you wouldn't support it because it could not work without the public option... he tosses it and you continue to support a plan even you guys admitted cannot work because the ideal of universal healthcare was stronger than whether the plan can even work or not. And again, Republicans got the blame for the public option being tossed... and again, Obama did it to try undoing even more damage people like Olbermann did attacking the Blue Dogs who Obama absolutely had to have to get his plan passed as through cloture he didn't need a single Republican vote... in fact, when it finally did pass, 30 Democrats sided with Republicans against it and some of these are signing on now to repeal Obamacare because not one of them is in danger of losing in this election.

So tell me... what's crazier, voting for someone like O'Donnell who has been so open about herself we know who she is or supporting a Bush Democrat blindly and being so blind you cannot figure out why things are so bad and have gone so wrong when you blame Bush and the Republicans for everything that's wrong... and yet Obama voted for what Bush wanted more than what most Republicans did... tell me, why does he get a free pass and Bush get all the blame when had the Democrats united together like we've seen the Republicans do, they could have stopped everything you're accusing Bush of doing!

How does Obama merit a Get Out Of Jail card when instead of the promise of change he lied to us about... the Bush Democrat continued on with Bushs failures and tossed in some Jimmy Carter to make it that much better.

These Republicans who are gaining so much support... where is it coming from? Did you ask yourself that? It's coming from all those people who believed in Obama who have turned against the liar and hurting the entire Democratic Party... one man, your blind support for one man who is more Republican than most Republicans has put the entire Democratic Party in jeopardy because you would not listen even when you hear yourselves saying that even if the President were a white man Republicans would be saying the same things and yet there you are calling them racists and haters for saying them.

You want to know what's wrong and why the Republicans are doing so well... go look in a mirror. Instead of hammering the hell out of them over valid issues like I do, you join the idiots who can't do anything but call people names.

You should have seen me before the Democrats came to power... my attacks on Bush were legendary almost and if Democrats hadn't become everything they claimed to hate about Bush and the Republicans when they were in power, I'd still be supporting the left over the right... thing about being a Centrist is you support the person not the party or ideology so you're not blind and you don't blindly follow a party line. Democrats earned my scorn by betraying almost everything they believe in to support Obama and becoming everything I used to criticize about Republicans... but it seems whomever is the opposition power tends to have their eyes more open and whomever is in power has their eyes crazy glued shut.

The Reichwing as you call them may have a few nuts like O'Donnell but then... they're not the ones being viewed by an increasing number of Americans as being so incompetent that the political right looks better than the political left... the political left itself is doing that.
  • Sissy 2010/09/20 19:45:11 (edited)
    Sissy
    +10
    This Post here is another example of the Republican hypocrisy that is never ending. They dig deep into every democratic candidate to find stuff to trash them with that happened eons ago and speak of incidents like it happened yesterday. That's okay though, huh? For just one example, Bill Clinton opposing the Viet Nam War when he was 19-20 years old. . But let someone dare to offend the Delaware twit and its a hanging crime for sure.

Actually, whether she was a witch or not who knelt at an altar that supposedly worshipped the devil is of really no consequence as much as her outrageous claim that "she would have turned Ann Frank over to Hitler if he had come to the door looking for her in that hideout"....I believe it was because she couldn't tell an untruth. Now that is worrisome.
  • tncdel Sissy 2010/09/20 19:53:25
    tncdel
    You're missing the point. O' Donnell is a far better candidate than her opposition Coons.
    If you lived in New Castle County, Delaware, as I do, then you'd know what I just stated was true. So that would leave the question as to whether you would vote for the best candidate, or instead vote according to partyline. If you did that, then you love your party more than our country ... in which case you are a DISLOYAL TRAITOR TO OUR COUNTRY.

I'm a disabled veteran who served my country honorably. I'm NOT a Republican. I'm an Independent who doesn't let party agendas distort my thinking.
  • Sissy tncdel 2010/09/20 20:01:22
    Sissy
    +7
    O'Donnell is a "far better candidate" by your own opinion. I have relatives in Delaware who say the exact opposite.

You are being rather disingenious and totally off-base with your offensive charge that I would be a "disloyal traitor to our country" because I don't believe as you do. What would you call all those who have railed pathetically since this new administration took office and have never for one single, solitary second given him the opportunity to set this country right again? Are they traitors too?
  • chaoski... Sissy 2010/09/20 21:57:36
    chaoskitty123
    +2
    Coons is an admitted Progressive and Marxist... and Delaware may be Democrat but most of those Democrats are Conservatives meaning they already have reason to vote against Coons which is why Castle was expected to win because he could win the swing vote from Democrats.

Voting for Coons for Conservative Democrats and Moderates will be difficult and they will have to vote the party line sacrificing what they believe to support him just as Republicans would have had to do voting for Castle who at best was a Moderate Republican but at worse had voted so often for Liberal issues he earned the label RINO which for a Republican is almost guaranteed to kill your election chances.

The Republican leadership in Delaware though valued Castle more than O'Donnell and ran a smear campaign against her when she really didn't have a chance of beating him... it backfired big time and helped O'Donnell beat Castle.

Now we have the same scenario playing out with Christopher Coons who is all but guaranteed to win against O'Donnell and once again, people are using a smear campaign against O'Donnell when if they would just shut up and stop attacking her... Coons has this election won!!

You just said what would you call people who railed against this administration and not given him a single solitary secon...

You just said what would you call people who railed against this administration and not given him a single solitary second given him the opportunity to set the country right again?? I voted for Obama against McCain admittedly not knowing as much about Obama as I should but I knew a lot about mcCain and there was no way in Hell I was going to vote for him. Then I learned Obama never once voted against Bush but always voted for what he wanted other than voting Present. Then I saw his voting record and was shocked to see he voted more over his career for the agenda of Conservative Republicans than most Republicans did. I then saw him breaking his campaign promises and doing things like fighting to preserve the Patriot Act against provisions expiring, making secret deals with some of these evil corporate empires Democrats keep railing on endlessly against like Big Pharma and Big Oil...

No ma'am, I did give Obama a chance and even voted for him because of his promise for change... but I did not oppose Bush and the Republicans for eight long years just to have some lying Bush Democrat take his place continuing where Bush left off to the point his supporters must sacrifice everything they believe in to support him and no matter what justified criticisms may be made against him, these same people use Obama's skin color like a shield accusing people of racism and hate while admitting these same things would be said by his opposition if Obama were a white man!! INSANITY!!!!!

So you damn right I turned against Obama but unlike yourself, I am not blind and after November you're going to learn there is a price to pay for this insanity because Obama speaks like a Liberal so Republicans hate him and Democrats love him... but he votes like a Conservative and no one's judging him based on his voting record but people like myself. I did not oppose Bush for eight years just to have his administration continue and have the same mistakes being made.

Even with health care, people forget Bush also tried to pass health care reform and Democrats opposed it when it contained many of the same provisions they supported in the Obama plan because the plan was pretty much written by the same lobbyists who wrote Bush's Prescription Plan D plan that did get passed. And while people like Keith Olbermann attacked the Republicans when Obama tossed his public option, Democrats actually had the votes to pass Obamacare without a single Republican vote needed... and the reason Obama had to toss the public option is because idiots like Olbermann were attacking Conservative Democrats splitting the Democrats against one another because Olbermann wrongly believed that Conservative Democrats should blindly follow Obama like he does. Politics do not work like that and Obama had to toss the public option to win some of these Conservatives back over if he wanted to get his healthcare reform package passed.

And just like that idiot Olbermann turned Conservative Democrats against Obama... this idiot Maher may do the same in Delaware turning Conservative Democrats in O'Donnells favor.

You have to be a Moderate or a Centrist to see this self destructive pattern and as someone who wanted Obama to bring change but learned too late he was a Bush Democrat who has brought only continuation... all I can do is rail away at Democrats hoping one day they might open their eyes and ears to see the truth so they will then open their mouths to voice the truth they see and hear.

Fact is, if Republicans win big in November, they don't even have to become the majority of the Senate or Congress, just gain enough votes to block everything Obama does and like Clinton, he'll shift to the right forming a union between Moderates and Conservatives in both parties.

And what are you going to do about it if Obama makes such a shift when you set in motion a process where anyone who criticizes Obama for any reason is condemned as a racist or a hater so that if he does shift completely to the right... you cannot say anything without those same labels being applied to you then.

Tncdel may have been wrong to call you a traitor... but you are blind and if Republicans take back a lot of the seats they lost over the past few years in November... you will see just how blind you have been because Liberals and the political left are the minority in Washington DC and the only thing holding the balance of power in their favor among Democrats is party loyalty which won't be enough when rightwing Democrats begin working with rightwing Republicans to get anything done because Republicans have the power to block them and Liberals don't.
  • Sissy chaoski... 2010/09/21 02:07:11
    Sissy
    +4
    :) We shall see my friend, we shall see.
  • Kev316 tncdel 2010/09/21 02:52:21
    Kev316
    +5
    Problem is, she can't win. Not because of Dems but because she doesn't fit in to Rove's plan. You do know he is operating a shadow Republican Election Committee, right? One thing with Castle. He was ELECTABLE, and it would have been a landslide. Now you will most likely have a landslide in the other direction.

In other words, ideological purity will come at a terrible cost to all conservatives, moderate or otherwise. Imo. Personally, as a Dem, I'm glad it went this way. As a fan of politics, though, I feel anyone can see what is coming if this path is maintained.

Thanks for the service. I'm a vet, too. Imo, the VA is much better under the current administration. For what its worth.
  • StarrGa... Sissy 2010/09/20 20:31:37
    StarrGazerr
    +10
    The Right wing would vote for a moss-covered rock if they thought it would impede the progress the Black Guy in the White House has been making in healing this country from the damage their last group of war criminals did. While they complain that no one has any right to evaluate what O'Donnell said - repeatedly - on national television - they continue their endless quest to find out what the President had for lunch while attending school in Indonesia when he was eight years old.

Jokes about witchcraft aside, O'Donnell has already proven in so many different areas how incompetent and unqualified she is. And considering her anti-masturbation crusade, you'd think the Right Wingers would be nervous - after all, that's their main occupation.
  • chaoski... Sissy 2010/09/20 21:22:50
    chaoskitty123
    +1
    So telling the truth how she views things is wrong? The crack about Ann Franks... I too would have turned her over if it were a choice between her or having my family killed but I would have done my best to get my family out of Germany and joined the resistance to Hitler as well if I were in that situation. So how would that make me a bad person when many people made the noble sacrifice of hiding Jews only to have their own families killed for it?? And these families who made the ultimate sacrifice... do we even know their names? You can remember Ann Frank but can you remember the family that hid her?

As for Republicans digging up dirt on Democrats, they do it on both sides but Democrats should know better than playing this kind of game as it keeps blowing up in their face.

In my case, I'm a Centrist and I'm trying to warn Democrats of the facts and that attacking O'Donnell the way they're doing is going to backfire.

Delaware is a majority Democrat state... you know this right? Republicans are a minority and yet it was Christine O'Donnells opponent in the Republican primary who was expected to win it all meaning a large number of Democrats were expected to vote for him right?

Ok, so here you have someone who defeats the person expected to win it all meaning she's got a huge Repub...

Ok, so here you have someone who defeats the person expected to win it all meaning she's got a huge Republican support base in a state that's majority Democrat... a candidate not expected to pull the swing vote and who is expected to lose to her Democratic opponent Christopher Coons because of that.

Now enter fools like Bill Maher where a Democrat victory is assured and what the Hell is he doing? He's generating millions of dollars in free publicity for O'Donnell and nothing positive for Coons. He's attacking O'Donnell for what??? At one time dabbling in witchcraft... how the Hell is that supposed to work against her when Coons already has this election pretty much won and making O'Donnell look less than a rightwing Christian fanatic is going to achieve what??? It's going to make her look more appealing to Democrat voters.

Another fact, Delaware may be a Democrat state but it is overwhelmingly a Conservative Democrat state and Coons is a Progressive Marxist by his own admission... that means many Conservative Democrats only need a little push to vote against him.

Do you see where I am going here?? Coons has this election won and attacking O'Donnell is only giving her the publicity she can't buy, makes her look more attractive to Conservative Democrats and it makes her look like a victim because she's being attacked for things like once being a witch and saying she thinks masturbation should be illegal.

You mentioned the attacks on Bill Clinton... did they work or backfire and actually help him not just be elected but win re election??

Think for a moment Sissy and when you really begin thinking about this, suddenly it becomes self evident that Maher and the leftwing media need to shut the hell up and leave O'Donnell alone because all the factors work against her and she's already expected to lose because she can't pull the Democrat swing vote like Castle could have done.

Thus, what Maher is doing by attacking O'Donnell is giving Democrats a reason to vote for her because suddenly she's more human and less a rightwing fanatic. Suddenly, she's a person who tells the truth even if that truth might be used against her. Then you have these idiots going after her like an old fashioned witch hunt... AND COONS HAS THIS ELECTION WON ALREADY!!

So you tell me Sissy, how does any of this help Christopher Coons who already has this election won against O'Donnell by over ten points even by Rasmussen reports poll... hoe does it benefit him to give O'Donnell all this free publicity and attacking her if he's already got the election won?

The answer is it cannot benefit him at all and can only be used in O'Donnells favor so that even if Coons still wins, it will be by a much closer margin than anyone expected.

I'm not attacking the political left for going after O'Donnell as a Tea Party member because she has stated some pretty outrageous things... I'm going after the left because this self destructive behavior keeps backfiring and Conservative Democrats already have reason enough to vote against Coons as a Progressive and an admitted Marxist.

What kind of fools do you have to be to take an election you have almost 100% assurance of winning if you just shut up and ride it out but instead rev up the attacks against an opponent who lacks your candidates resources to buy advertising when you know political campaigns are often won by who has the most money to buy advertising and promotion... and here you are giving her millions of dollars in free advertising and promotion which ultimately can be used in her favor because anything Maher does reflects on Christopher Coons in regards to support. So hammering O'Donnell makes her look like a victim, makes her look like the only thing she's done wrong is the fact she tells the truth, she's accused only of personal beliefs rather than anything to do with the current election, makes her look like a victim and ultimately creates the perception she's being persecuted because everyone knows Coons is projected to beat her... this creates empathy for her and it actually puts her in a more positive light that she's not an extreme Christian rightwinger like what was being said about her that hurt her in the eyes of Democrat voters.

No Sissy... I'm trying to kick some sense into Democrat voters because this won't cost O'Donnell Republican votes as they'll vote the party line and you can see here that most Republicans don't give a crap if she were a witch at one time... so the only possible gain here would be to O'Donnell and help her gain some of those Conservative Democrats and Moderates voting for her and maybe even help her win the election.

Democrats should be asking Maher "What the hell are you doing" instead of cheering him on because Coons has this election won... all people can do by attacking O'Donnell at this point is give her free publicity she doesn't have the money to buy and which ultimately will work against Coons.
  • Sir Bud. chaoski... 2010/09/22 03:56:23
    Sir Bud.
    +1
    Regarding AnnE Frank,the identity of the INFORMANT is unknown.
  • chaoski... Sir Bud. 2010/09/26 06:28:49
    chaoskitty123
    +1
    I said you can remember her name but not the family who hid her... where did I say they couldn't remember the informant who turned them in?
  • Sir Bud. chaoski... 2010/09/26 15:50:05
    Sir Bud.
    "I too would have turned her over if it were a choice between her or having my family killed."..Literally speaking,you are right,you didnt say IT was her family who betrayed her.
  • Jonas190 chaoski... 2010/09/23 03:10:34
    Jonas190
    Actually, Democrats can not vote in a Republican primary.
  • chaoski... Jonas190 2010/09/26 07:13:57
    chaoskitty123
    +1
    Didn't say they could, they were expected to vote for Castle if he beat O'Donnell as he was expected to win it all. The Republican leadership came out in favor of Castle trying the same dirty tricks Democrats are now using against her. They can vote for whomever they want though when election day gets here... party affiliation only matters in a primary.

While Coons has a strong lead, Delaware could swing to O'Donnell if the media does no lay off her as on many issues Delaware is divided and a few bad moves on Obama's part or media coverage creates a backlash against Coons who isn't behind any of the media attention, it definately can shift against Coons.

http://thehill.com/blogs/ball... Here's a poll done by CNN from about a week ago revealing Coons got an expected boost from Republicans actually who had supported Castle. I said expected because it was predicted this would happen initially because of Castles strong support base and this generally happens with disaffected voters of a losing candidate in a primary in the first few weeks.

But as one of the commentors noted and the mainstream media is not reporting, while everyone's fixated on O'Donnell, the vote in West Virginia and Wisconsin may put two Republicans in office that weren't expected to win but are greatly increasing ...

But as one of the commentors noted and the mainstream media is not reporting, while everyone's fixated on O'Donnell, the vote in West Virginia and Wisconsin may put two Republicans in office that weren't expected to win but are greatly increasing their support while Illinois may be more difficult to win than Democrats thought. Independent voters are beginning to lean strongly towards Republicans which often indicates where the vote will ultimately go. http://www.cnsnews.com/news/a...

This is what I'm saying about the national leftwing voters base going after O'Donnell wasting all their energies because in a best case scenario they win a seat they were already expected to win and a worse case scenario, the negative attacks increase support for Republicans nationwide even if O'Donnell loses.

They're not promoting their own candidates and wasting their time attacking Republicans when most polls done asking who you favor, most reveal Americans favor Republicans and view Democrats unfavorably. This kind of behavior is why because people are getting tired of the negativity which often seems stronger from the left than the right... and that's never good for the party in power but it's expected that the opposition will be more negative as that's why they're the opposition lol.

All indicators are almost exactly like they were before the 2006 elections and as I said, if Republicans gain seats that means they can block cloture even without gaining the majority of either House. If Castle beat O'Donnell, what good does it do when he'll vote for the political left.

Right now, we need balance forcing the two parties to work together instead of what Democrats have been doing the past two years acting like they can do anything they want so that Republicans gave them enough rope to hang themselves with to prove it and they did lol.

Read Starrgazzers reply to Sissy and you get an idea of the type of hate that I mean which if this continues could turn voters in O'Donnells favor... there's no reason for this outside of Delaware and it can only hurt Democrats to act like that as it's the very attitude

Quote
    The Right wing would vote for a moss-covered rock if they thought it would impede the progress the Black Guy in the White House has been making in healing this country from the damage their last group of war criminals did.
    End Quote

Obama never once opposed Bush as a US Senator but voted in favor of everything Bush wanted and in both wars Bush got us involved with, the Democrats had the same power we saw Republicans use during the health care debate but instead chose to support Bush. Instead of punishing Democrats who sided with Bush.... they were elected to the highest positions in Washington DC and people like Star just do not get it that this is the real reason things have continued to get worse.

He always thinks it's because Obama's black and yet almost everyone who addresses the matter rationally claims it is not and that most when asked state that Republicans would be saying the same things even if the President were a white man... listen to Bill Clinton who is among many respected Democrat leaders telling people if the President were white Republicans would be doing and saying the exact same things

So who does Starrgazzer and those speaking this hatred get their info from? People like Bill Maher who is a comedian and new personalities like Keith Olbermann who does nothing but attack the political right with hate and rage while complaining that people like Rush Limbaugh are doing the same thing to the left.

These are the type of people who think the media should go after O'Donnell instead of promoting Democrats and giving people a reason to vote for them which to date has backfired... if you are a leftwinger, take a good look at why things have gone so wrong for the Democrats as it's not the Tea Partydoing the damage because they wouldn't even exist right now if it weren't for the endless media bombardment and hate aimed at them actually galvanizing support and pulling in the Independents and Democrats to support them also. It's people like Starrgazzer with his attacks doing the damage as he's just one of a larger number of voices who have even turned Democrats against their own party and against Obama while empowering the opposition to do the damage it's done.

What's worse is you can tell them, they'll even agree with you at times... and they just cannot stop themselves from doing it... now that's some powerful hate going for ya when you can even agree you're wrong and still keep on trucking doing the same thing.
  • Zuggi 2010/09/20 19:43:14
  • tncdel Zuggi 2010/09/20 19:54:20 (edited)
    tncdel
    Just curious: Are you older than nine years old? Because a kid would fall for such childish nonsense.
  • Zuggi tncdel 2010/09/20 20:19:47
    Zuggi
    +5
    Laughing at an insane candidate is childish?
  • chaoski... Zuggi 2010/09/26 06:58:49
    chaoskitty123
    +1
    No but bashing her over the head over issues like being a witch instead of her economic views or something actually important might be a good way to address her. And while Coons supposedly has this election won, you are generating all this free publicity for O'Donnell knowing time after time the political right finds a way to turn even bad publicity to it's advantage... while you're doing this risking turning the election against Coons, not talking about him at all and so forth... you're not noticing that elections in other states like Wisconsin and West Virginia Democrats were expected to win outright may be turning against you and even in Obama's home state, the elections are going to be a lot closer than anyone expected.

Serious question Zuggi... for all the attacks and ridicule I see you guys doing or the hate like Starrgazzer tossed out above, do you guys ever actually say anything positive about Democratic candidates running for re election outside of Pelosi, Reid or any other Democrats hearing how the Democratic voting base is somewhat demoralized and flat while Republicans are full of energy and the Independents are shifting more towards them and away from the Democrats... did it ever occur to you that instead of all the negative attacks against the Tea Party and Republ...

Serious question Zuggi... for all the attacks and ridicule I see you guys doing or the hate like Starrgazzer tossed out above, do you guys ever actually say anything positive about Democratic candidates running for re election outside of Pelosi, Reid or any other Democrats hearing how the Democratic voting base is somewhat demoralized and flat while Republicans are full of energy and the Independents are shifting more towards them and away from the Democrats... did it ever occur to you that instead of all the negative attacks against the Tea Party and Republicans that it might be worthwhile to put out some positive publicity and promotion of those Democrats running for office to actually give Democrat voters a reason to vote for them?

Did all the negative attacks help Republicans in 2006 or 2008? In fact, isn't this election going exactly like the 2006 election only this time American voters are turning on Democrats instead of Republicans?

Laughing at an insane candidate is childish when you're not promoting her opponent at all so it's as if he doesn't exist.

How did all the attacks against Scott Brown calling his daughters prostitutes and things like that go over with Democrats in Massachusetts when Scott Brown was running for office? It helped turn Democrats against his opponent and in his favor.

He has this election won if people just shut up about O'Donnell as all you can do is maybe give people a reason to vote for her over him if the media and you guys keep it up. Frankly, Coons looks like the better candidate... but if you wish to run the risk of a repeat of Massachusetts, it's your choice. Meanwhile, while the media's fixated on O'Donnell... other elections are turning against Democrats elsewhere and that's where you should be focused instead of on an election you're almost guaranteed to go to the Democrats.
  • Zuggi chaoski... 2010/09/26 14:21:41
    Zuggi
    Her crazy views are certainly relevant on her candidacy.

Who called Scott Brown's daughters prostitutes? What a myth.

Brown and O'Donnell are opposites. Brown was a candidate who ran as a centrist in a liberal state. O'Donnell is running as a hardcore conservative in a liberal state. That's just silly; it's like us nominating Barney Frank in Utah.
  • keymanjim Zuggi 2010/09/20 20:03:05
  • Zuggi keymanjim 2010/09/20 20:16:45
    Zuggi
    +1
    Kinda sexy! I'd go for that kind of witch!

2014/12/19 21:02:14