Christine O'Donnell Is Out Promoting Her Book: Will You Buy It?

Politics 2011/08/18 20:00:00
You remember Christine O'Donnell, right? The Tea Party darling from Delaware whose Congressional bid fizzled like a dud bottle rocket on a rainy fourth of July when her anti-masturbation, civics-challenged reputation overtook voter anger last fall?

After laying low for a few months, O'Donnell is back with a book entitled "Troublemaker: Let's Do What It Takes To Make America Great Again," which promises to ring up more controversy as it rehashes her infamous "I am not a witch" ad and her time spent in the trenches of the Delaware political game.

In addition to walking off Piers Morgan's CNN chat show on Wednesday night when the British interlocutor asked about her thoughts on gay marriage, WBOC reports that some Delaware political veterans are questioning the facts presented by O'Donnell in her book.

Sussex County resident Maria Evans, former communications director for one-time Republican gubernatorial candidate Bill Lee, told the station that O'Donnell greatly exaggerated a reported "shout-out" Mississippi Governor Haley Barbour allegedly gave her at a July 2008 Republican fundraising event, saying audio from that day has Barbour barely mentioning O'Donnell. Rather than saying she'd "done a great job" when she worked for him, Evans said Barbour merely mentioned that O'Donnell had once worked for him at the Republican National Committee.

O'Donnell's former campaign manager said the audio is taken out of context and is a further attempt to smear her from the same group that he claimed had gone after the candidate before. "If the failed leadership of the old Delaware GOP this past decade and their obnoxious sense of entitlement really were interested in moving forward, they would be praising her for the bold message and insights about Barack Obama and plan she lays out for going forward," said Matt Moran.

O'Donnell has not ruled out a fourth shot at the U.S. Senate next year, according to Delaware Online, but speaks often in the book about being shunned by the Delaware Republican Party establishment.

"I would argue that anyone who would hold on to a grudge for three years for not being recognized at a dinner is someone who wants to be somebody," former journalist and communications director for the state Republican party Ken Grant said of the Barbour story.

• Stentor Mel 2011/08/21 21:38:28
    Stentor
    Himself obviously, because everyone else knows he's wrong, knows that Michele Bachmann was wrong, knows Rick Santorum was wrong, Fox News knew she was wrong, the group that wrote the pledge, The Family Value knew they were wrong because they removed the language from the pledge after Fox News did an article about it.
    From what I can see, he's a Limbaugh/Savage wannabe who runs this cruddy little web-radio show out of Orange County to the south of me, looks like he's firmly convinced of his own brilliance judging by the large amount of self-aggrandizement present on the web-pages that I glanced at. Looks like he either lives to the east of where I used to live over in Irvine when I resided behind the Orange Curtain, or up north in Anaheim near Disneyland.
  • Stentor Jimmy Z 2011/08/21 05:49:15
    Stentor
    Smart, no, she claimed that there were hundreds of scientists, some of them Nobel-prize winners, who believe in intelligent design, that is completely untrue. She confused the hometown of John Wayne of Winterset Iowa, with John Wayne Gacy of Waterloo, Iowa. She wants to eliminate the minimum wage in this country because then supposedly employers could offer jobs at whatever level. She claimed that swine-flu broke out under the presidency of Jimmy Carter, when in fact, it broke out under the administration of Gerald Ford. She claimed, ''The big thing we are working on now is the global warming hoax. It's all voodoo, nonsense, hokum, a hoax.'' when the definite consensus of opinion within the scientific community is that climate change is a genuine, confirmed phenomenon. She argued against expanding the AmeriCorps program because she felt that it would be used to indoctrinate young people into some siinister liberal ideology when her own son, Harrison Bachmann joined Teach for America which is a part of the AmeriCorps program. She claimed that President Obama's trip to India cost 200 million dollars a day, an amount which is greater than the entire costs per day of the war in Afghanistan. She said to Michael Steele, the former chairman of the Republican Party, "You be da man! Yo...

Smart, no, she claimed that there were hundreds of scientists, some of them Nobel-prize winners, who believe in intelligent design, that is completely untrue. She confused the hometown of John Wayne of Winterset Iowa, with John Wayne Gacy of Waterloo, Iowa. She wants to eliminate the minimum wage in this country because then supposedly employers could offer jobs at whatever level. She claimed that swine-flu broke out under the presidency of Jimmy Carter, when in fact, it broke out under the administration of Gerald Ford. She claimed, ''The big thing we are working on now is the global warming hoax. It's all voodoo, nonsense, hokum, a hoax.'' when the definite consensus of opinion within the scientific community is that climate change is a genuine, confirmed phenomenon. She argued against expanding the AmeriCorps program because she felt that it would be used to indoctrinate young people into some siinister liberal ideology when her own son, Harrison Bachmann joined Teach for America which is a part of the AmeriCorps program. She claimed that President Obama's trip to India cost 200 million dollars a day, an amount which is greater than the entire costs per day of the war in Afghanistan. She said to Michael Steele, the former chairman of the Republican Party, "You be da man! You be da man!" at the 2009 CPAC. She confused the location of the Battles of Lexinton and Concord as having taken place in New Hampshire, when in fact they occurred in Massachusetts.

Honorable, no, she accused people in Congress of being un-American, that is despicable and quite unhonorable in this day and age to demonize your opponents with McCarthyism type rhetoric. She urged people not to cooperate with the Census bureau and break the law by refusing to answer questions during the Decennial Census because supposedly their information would be used for sinister purposes, and the Constitution didn't require it, when in fact it does, despite the fact that she used to be a tax law attorney for the IRS. She compared the first eighteen months of the Obama administration as turning the country into a nation of slaves, comparing a Democratic Presidential administration to the institution of slavery. She accused Nancy Pelosi of having a 100 thousand dollar bar tab on the military jets. She compared herself to a foreign correspondent in hostile territory in Washington D.C. accusing the federal government of engaging in "nefarious activities." She used the same exact slogan as the pro-choice movement in reference to her opposition to government healthcare, despite the fact that she is a pro-lifer. She slandered Planned Parenthood as the "Lenscrafters of big abortion."

I have many, many more examples. This is not an isolated incident, she really is Charlie-Manson crazy, and really, really stupid to boot.

lenscrafters abortion examples isolated incident charlie-manson crazy stupid boot

''I just take the Bible for what it is, I guess, and recognize that I am not a scientist, not trained to be a scientist. I'm not a deep thinker on all of this. I wish I was. I wish I was more knowledgeable, but I'm not a scientist.'' -- Michele Bachmann

Do not presume to tell me things that I know are demonstrably false, for I will show you for the sad, deluded idiot you are.
  • Jimmy Z Stentor 2011/08/21 19:10:14
    Jimmy Z
    Most scientists believe in God. Many believe in creation. I'm not going to argue with you on this because you are basically anti-God, and that's an ignorant, foolish, irrational and stupid f*ing position to take. I won't waste my time.
  • Stentor Jimmy Z 2011/08/21 21:49:29
    Stentor
    No scientists believe in intelligent design, that's what was originally said, and that's what I hold her accountable for. Big difference to say you believe in god, or even in some kind of creation paradigm, from intelligent design which is Creationism with the religion stripped out of it. Guess what, still doesn't make it a scientifically viable concept.
    Of course you waste your time because you have nothing better to do down there in the OC but sit behind your desk choking your chicken while you update your website. Don't forget that it's only your opinion that it's ignorant, foolish, or even irrational. I think it's pretty ignorant, foolish, or irrational of you to ignore facts that have been laid at your feet, while simultaneously continuing to insist on the correctness of your own and Bachmann's arguments, when you have been proven wrong by a wide margin.
    You engage in logical obfuscation, fallacious thinking, and duplicitous rhetoric. When someone well-versed in all of those takes you to task and shows you to be wrong, you get defensive and insist that you're right, despite all evidence to the contrary. But then, it's probably your environment, I knew plenty of braindead morons like you when I lived in that area. You're no different, I just laugh and point. I'm not abov...
    You engage in logical obfuscation, fallacious thinking, and duplicitous rhetoric. When someone well-versed in all of those takes you to task and shows you to be wrong, you get defensive and insist that you're right, despite all evidence to the contrary. But then, it's probably your environment, I knew plenty of braindead morons like you when I lived in that area. You're no different, I just laugh and point. I'm not above calling you names, or intellectually making you look like a fool, it's two kinds of fun for me. What was it Dean Wormer said to the Delta House? Oh yeah, "Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son."
  • Jimmy Z Stentor 2011/08/22 03:21:54
    Jimmy Z
    You engage in pure crappola.

The truth is, science has now allowed itself to be politicized. And that's because of, in part, a turning away from God. The last thing any godless atheist wants to do is prove God right, and yet, that's what true science does.

I don't care what you believe, but all of your accusations about me are incorrect. They amount to little more than name calling.
  • Gary 2011/08/19 23:47:52
    Gary
    dont pray for me obviously your praying to a false god like the muslim are
  • elijahin24 Gary 2011/08/20 04:59:35
    elijahin24
    +4
    You're all praying to gods of your own making.
  • Stentor Gary 2011/08/21 06:14:37
    Stentor
    All gods are false, there is no sentient creator of the multiverse.
  • Log Dog 2011/08/19 23:46:59
    Log Dog
    +3
    I won't buy it, shes a bitch...I mean witch.
  • Mel Log Dog 2011/08/20 21:15:11
    Mel
    Please I'm Pagan. Please don't offend Witches. *S*
  • Gloria 2011/08/19 22:38:55
    Gloria
    +3
    Can't anyone keep up with the times. Tea bag books are out. Peeing on planes is in!
  • LORROL Gloria 2011/08/20 01:28:29
    LORROL
    +5
    Tea bag books printed on toilet paper will sell.
  • Geenie ... LORROL 2011/08/20 02:32:06
    Geenie Nabottle
    +2
    sign me up for a dozen copies when they go on sale!!!
  • LORROL Geenie ... 2011/08/20 19:35:04
    LORROL
    +2
    I should start a company and call it stupidbooksontoiletpaper.com
  • Geenie ... LORROL 2011/08/24 22:18:10
    Geenie Nabottle
    I will happily be a repeat customer!!!
  • LORROL Geenie ... 2011/08/25 04:03:40
    LORROL
    +1
    hmm, might be nitch markert. wonder if I can get sponsors.
  • gladdays 2011/08/19 22:38:19
    gladdays
    +7
    This women is clearly a NUT JOB and a women that is in denial. If she and Sarah Palin represents the TEA Party then I feel ashame and sorry for the TEA Party. I will place the tea party and these nuts that are fronting and pretending to care about America on my prayer list and in my prayers. It's all about them and pimping the media. Ooops..looks like it's working..
  • CUDDLY BUT STILL CRABBY 2011/08/19 22:31:22 (edited)
    CUDDLY BUT STILL CRABBY
    Probably not. It's not likely I'll ever by an Obama tome either. Oh wait, both of his tomes were written by ghost-writers with his name plastered on it. Never mind.

Hard to buy a book written by losers, especially with something like this stamped on the forehead

ghost-writers plastered mind buy book written losers stamped forehead obama forehead fail
  • RogerCoppock 2011/08/19 22:29:11 (edited)
    RogerCoppock
    +3
    It's 8/19/11, and Amazon.com currently has this book at number 3,764 in sales. This, even though discounters are already selling it at %50 below its $26 list price.

- - - - - -

It's 8/20/11 and it has now sunk to 5,133 in sales at Amazon.com. Glub, glub, glub!
  • Gloria RogerCo... 2011/08/19 22:41:00
    Gloria
    +2
    The Borders at the Northwestern Train Station, downtown Chicago is having their closing sale. The place is packed with Laura Bush & Sarah Palin books.
  • RogerCo... Gloria 2011/08/19 22:44:19
    RogerCoppock
    Rightists: champions of the free market, who can't sell their books and movies.
    Leftists: doubters of the free market, who are very successful at selling their books and movies.
  • Gloria RogerCo... 2011/08/19 22:54:54
    Gloria
    I don't think anyone in Hollywood or on the NYT's best seller's list hates the free market very badly.
  • Stentor RogerCo... 2011/08/21 06:12:23 (edited)
    Stentor
    RIghtists: champions of laissez-faire politics, go read The Jungle by Upton Sinclair sometime Roger, to get an idea of what the free market was like a hundred years ago.
    Leftists: not doubters, just don't believe in massively unregulated capitalism or free-markets that allow businesses to engage in crony capitalism and other unethical practices.
    Everyone is free in America to pursue their own way, so why are you so convinced that you have to demonize people who don't agree with you as being hypocritical? It's quite clearly not true.
  • LORROL RogerCo... 2011/08/20 01:29:15
    LORROL
    +1
    Is that the toilet paper version they are selling?
  • Zammo RogerCo... 2011/08/20 17:26:21
    Zammo
    +1
    Her husband probably bought those to hand out at rallies.
  • RogerCo... Zammo 2011/08/21 02:58:52
    RogerCoppock
    +1
    Yes, that strategy is common in political books.
  • ««Gingey, the Master Debate... 2011/08/19 21:15:33
    ««Gingey, the Master Debater of Þ|-|Дэ†»»
    +8
    I think I'd rather get sodomized with a fire poker.
  • CUDDLY ... ««Ginge... 2011/08/19 22:31:54
    CUDDLY BUT STILL CRABBY
    +3
    That sounds kinky.
  • LORROL ««Ginge... 2011/08/20 01:30:11
  • YouSirName 2011/08/19 21:05:26
    YouSirName
    +5
    Why would I give money to read the blatherings of an idiot?
  • KB 2011/08/19 20:57:56
    KB
    +4
    HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHH...

No way man.
  • sugardaddy 2011/08/19 20:37:56
    sugardaddy
    +3
    OF COURSE I WILL !! THEN I WILL SIGN IT FOR HER AND RESELL IT ON E- BAY TO A COLLECTOR AS AN AUTHENTIC AUTOGRAPHED COPY FOR $ 250.00 BUCK,S MORE AND DONATE THE MONEY TO CURE WORLD STUPIDITY ...only if i get a receipt though i gotta write it off on my taxes. I MEAN SHE WONT MIND SHE,S ME ANYWAY ....LOL
  • PeterHenderson 2011/08/19 20:35:27
    PeterHenderson
    She's an interesting kid. She takes this moral majority stuff seriously as do I.She was treated unfairly on the witch thing - lots of kids of the 'Goth' generation flirted with witchcraft and it is to her credit that she saw it to be a poor substitute for Christianity. None of our TV talking heads would agree with that. As for masturbation, speaking as someone with plenty of experience, it's a poor substitute for a real relationship and can lead to an overemphasis on the purely bodily aspects of romance - again, something proudly grunting sweaty liberals are for and delicate, refined conservative women are against. Call us hypocrites, but having values that are hard to live up to means having values that are substantial as opposed to "if it feels good, do it," the liberal motto.
  • elijahin24 PeterHe... 2011/08/20 05:05:53
    elijahin24
    +2
    Dude, the witch thing is just funny. Nobody voted against her because of that. They voted for her because she's a deadly combination of ignorant and influential.
  • C. C. Rider 2011/08/19 20:13:47 (edited)
    C. C. Rider
    +9
    Not even if she put a spell on me! spell cartoons on witch christin odonnell spell cartoons on witch chistine odonnell
  • Kris Fehr 2011/08/19 20:13:29
    Kris Fehr
    +6
    The tea party can go screw themselves
  • C. C. R... Kris Fehr 2011/08/19 20:14:48
    C. C. Rider
    +4
    LOL I like how you communicate.
  • ally 2011/08/19 18:47:15
    ally
    +6
    Read it. But the movie was even better.

read movie one flew over the cuckoos nest
  • C. C. R... ally 2011/08/19 20:15:09
    C. C. Rider
    +3
    LOL Perfect
  • Boss 2011/08/19 18:46:18
    Boss
    +2
    good god...what a stupid question!! what does this idiot have to tell the world?? I saw her the other night on CNN...she has NOTHING intelligent to say...why was she even invited on that show??let her rot ...as if she has ANY ideas on how to make America great again...good god...as bad as justin bieber writing his memoirs!! are we a sick nation!!

2014/10/20 06:57:58