Christian's: What is the best way to tell people about Jesus?

thetruth 2009/08/02 07:31:28
...Comment ...
... Comment ...,
2 Timothy 4:2
Preach the Word; be prepared in season and out of season; correct, rebuke and encourage—with great patience and careful instruction.

Blessings ...

• Groucho 2009/08/02 12:25:28
    ...Comment ...
    Groucho
    +6
    By living a life that honors Jesus in all He taught. Our actions will speak much louder than our words.

• James 2009/08/11 04:25:22
    ...Comment ...
    James
    +2
    By staying in The Word. The Bible tells us in

Hebrews 4:12 (New King James Version)

12 For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

I have learned first hand how to be affective soul-winner when it comes to one on one witnessing. And thats simply by not allowing yourself to be sidetracked into discussions or arguements. And one way of doing that is when someone asks you a question ( that you may not have an answer for ) it's ok to say well "I don't know about that". Then get right back to the Word Of God.

Using the Roman Road is by far the best tool for presenting the Gospel for it lets the person know he's a sinner and that he needs a Savior and that he can have the assurance of his salvation though Jesus Christ.

Romans 3:23 For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.

Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Romans 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

Romans 10:9-10 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine...

Hebrews 4:12 (New King James Version)

Romans 10:9-10 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness, and with the mouth, confession is made unto salvation.

Romans 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Amen! God Bless!
  • thetruth James 2009/08/11 04:35:35
    thetruth
    +1

AMEN!

Perfect Scriptures James! Thank you!

amen scriptures james

God Bless you my friend ....
  • James thetruth 2009/08/11 04:39:30
    James
    +1
    God Bless Brother!
  • thetruth James 2009/08/11 04:39:09
  • James thetruth 2009/08/11 04:40:43
  • Jim James 2009/08/11 05:18:17
    Jim
    James, I agree with what you said about staying in the Word, but I'll ask you as I ask others who proclaim the "Roman Road" to be the way to Salvation...Where is the confession of sin? Where is the repentance, the promise to forsake the previous lifestyle and let the Lord truly make the person a new creature?
    Sorry, but the Roman Road obviously took a few detours if you ask me.

Here's something you might try that I compiled from the Word of God a few years ago.

Steps To Becoming Born Again:

❏ Realize that you are a lost sinner, and are
    separated from God by those sins. Some have summed this up as, "Good is not good enough."
    For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God. ~ Romans 3:23

❏ Believe and Confess your sins to God. To
    confess means to acknowledge, to admit, or agree to the truth. ...Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house. ~ Acts 16:31 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him. ~ Hebrews 11:6 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. ~ 1 John 1:9 And many that believed came, and confessed...

Steps To Becoming Born Again:

confess means to acknowledge, to admit, or agree to the truth. ...Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house. ~ Acts 16:31 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him. ~ Hebrews 11:6 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. ~ 1 John 1:9 And many that believed came, and confessed, and showed their deeds. ~ Acts 19:18 For I will declare mine iniquity; I will be sorry for my sin.
    ~ Psalms 38:18

❏ Repent To repent is to be sorry for one's
    sins, regretting the way that person has lived their life, and to seek forgiveness.
    ...Repent ye: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand. ~ Matthew 3:2 And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men everywhere to repent. ~ Acts 17:30 For Godly sorrow worketh repentance to salvation not to be repented of: but the sorrow of the world worketh death. ~ 2 Corinthians 7:10
    ❏ Forsake your sins. Forsake means to
    quit, or leave entirely, to desert, abandon, to depart from. He that covereth his sins shall not prosper: but whoso confesseth and forsaketh them shall have mercy. ~ Proverbs 28:13

❏ Obey the Word of God. If ye love me,
    keep my commandments. ~ John 14:15 Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble. But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead? ~ James 2:19-20

❏ Read the King James Bible which was
    translated by Godly men inspired and led by the Holy Spirit and is the inerrant, and complete Word of God in English. Pray daily and talk to God and ask Him to help you live a good clean Christian life. Gods Word tells us that we are made "clean" by Gods' Word as it works in those who believe (John 15:3; 1 Thessalonians 2:13), therefore it is very important. If you are going to grow in the things of God you must get the Word into you and we do that by hearing and reading. Ask God to give you a "hunger" for His Word and for Godly things. If you are truly seeking, He will answer such a prayer.

And Jesus answered him, saying, It is written, That man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word of God. ~ Luke 4:4
  • James Jim 2009/08/11 05:42:13
    James
    +1
    I can onlt tell you what I know to be true that works. Before I took this soul winning class years ago I was just preaching and never seeing anyone but a few praying. We used this in our class and saw alot a fruit come from it. For example. I took a brother with me to show him how to be affective soul-winner. So we went to the projects in Denver, Colorado and knocked on 12 doors. Out of the 12 we knocked on 8 people answered the door. Out of those 8 people I talked with 5 prayed with me to recieve Jesus. As I have mentioned praying is just the beginning of your walk with God. Where the real work comes is in followup. You have to be willing to take the time to go back and encourage these people to come to church and get fed the Word Of God and to be prayed over to recieve the baptism of the Holy Spirit.
  • Jim James 2009/08/11 06:01:46
    Jim
    +2
    Yes people will pray with you when the Roman Road is presented. I've seen it personally, but I don't believe they are saved. I have yet to ever see a one of those people ever produce fruit worthy of Salvation. It is not our job to "save" people or get them to repeat a prayer! It is our job to plant the seed and let God determine the Harvest.

The prayer you offer costs them nothing, it asks nothing of them except some mental agreement that God exists, so of course people say yes. They love the free and easy.
    What the Roman Road produces is what we see today, churches full of worldly people walking in the flesh, and serving the flesh, while claiming to be Christians. There are exceptions to anything and some people will become Christian no matter what you read to them or tell them, but most are not saved that are in churches today and on this site. The so-called "Romans Road" undoubtedly played a big role in that condition.

I don't expect you to agree with what I say, but I tell you the truth. Also, you should know that people who are not saved never get the Baptism of the Holy Spirit.

James, I firmly believe those using the so-called Roman Road to win souls are doing more harm than good. How many times on this site alone have you read someone who said "I used to be a Christian.....

James, I firmly believe those using the so-called Roman Road to win souls are doing more harm than good. How many times on this site alone have you read someone who said "I used to be a Christian...."? As a real Christian I know they never were a Christian and probably only followed the Roman Road and repeated some prayer. Had they been a Christian, they would still be a Christian.

Interesting how you totally ignored the steps to salvation I posted. Too busy defending I suppose huh?
  • James Jim 2009/08/11 06:08:55
    James
    +1
    Sorry I disagree. I've seen the fruits I have laboured the streets of Denver Colorado for 15 years. Have a great day Jim.:)
  • Jim James 2009/08/11 06:13:41
    Jim
    +1
    Like many you are more interested in numbers than in substance iam left to assume. I wonder how many of those "converts" you have followed up on.

You disappoint me James, choosing to continue your program that "appears" to you to work, instead of searching the Scriptures. That is not wise at all.
  • James Jim 2009/08/11 06:17:04 (edited)
    James
    +1
    If you would take time to look yourself I mentioned one on one witnessing. Which means person to person. has nothing to do with people here on SH. :) One other thing. Stop critizing other christians for their way of presenting the gospel. God did not appoint you that task. He told you to go out and win souls.
  • thetruth Jim 2009/08/11 13:20:14
    thetruth
    Romans 10:9-10
    9That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved.

We cannot save people, only the Lord can do that. All we can do is plant seeds that the Lord makes grow. Ultimately, its a personal relationship that one has with Jesus, and no matter what you say or do to/for them, they have to make that decision on their own, whether they reject it or not. All people have to do is believe, then they are saved, there's really no need to judge our brother so harshly because he doesnt do things the way you do. We all have different gifts according to the Spirit within us. It sounds like you are judging people's salvation, and that is dangerous Jim, because only the Lord knows that. Whatever label you put on his style of getting the message of Jesus Christ out, it is for the Lord's Kingdom and its glorifies Christ. I know that James preaches Jesus Christ crucified and repentance for sins. What more could there be? We encourage, and love with full authority in Jesus, as the Holy Spirit moves us along in our personal walk. Let us encourage one another today, as long as it is called today, and not look down at each other. God Bless you Jim

Blessings ...
  • James thetruth 2009/08/11 13:31:20
    James
    +1
    God Bless You My Brother. I'm praying all goes well today in on the 21st. Be strong in The Glory of His Might.
  • thetruth James 2009/08/11 13:46:56
    thetruth
    +1
    In the Lord's strength brother! Thank you!

Blessings ...
  • Jim thetruth 2009/08/11 18:48:12
    Jim
    +1
    You wrote: "All people have to do is believe, then they are saved,..."

That simply is NOT true. Not true at all but is a perversion of the message and spirit of Gods message to the world. Anyone who is honest with themselves and has read and studied the Bible knows exactly what I am saying is true.

You have taken a portion of the requirements for being saved and proclaimed it to be all that is required. Perhaps you ought to inform the original author so He can order a change in the Bible.

Only a fool or a pompass ass would say what you are saying. No wonder Christianity and Christians are so despised. It's ranks are filled with incompetent idiots!

There was a time not very long ago when even those living in open sin at least respected Christianity and most Christians even though they themselves chose to continue their life of sin.

Even Christ preferred those people to the hypocrites and perverters of His Word. At least they were honest and did not try and make Him a laughing stock as so many today are doing with their blasphemous doctrines.

Wake up!
  • thetruth Jim 2009/08/11 20:03:58
    thetruth
    +1
    Wow! ... It never fails to amaze me that people who profess to be a follower of Jesus use the foulest language, and are always thumbing their noses at people like you have once again. You condem James and myself, while you set there doing the very thing you claim we are doing! You should take care of your own sin before you judge others!

... and so you know, its not my word you just judged, its the Lord's! ...

You sit there and add to God's Word, by saying belief is not enough to be saved, but at the same time speak against Christ by calling me a fool, pompass a**, a hypocrite, and even managed to throw in there that Jesus would love unbelievers more than me, a believer. Your the hypocrite! and because of people like you, Christ is despised and blasphemed among all people!

You are self centered, and without love! You seek to glorify yourself over Jesus! You have been proven a false witness of Christ! Your rude, full of obscenity, hate, and have no love for the church of Christ! You twist God's Word to make yourself important, while you look down on little one's! You have brought trouble on yourself by your words today! Get behind me!
  • rotwiler Jim 2011/05/29 15:16:33
    rotwiler
    +3
    the belief that is mentioned here is a belief that naturally leads to faith which naturally leads to obedience which brings with it a changed life, if it's not TRUE belief it will not grow but die, once again my brother in Christ maybe you should stop and examine some of the words you are using here, surely you can accept that these dear christian people are talking about GENUINE belief not false belief that leads nowhere, Peter
  • Jim Jim 2009/08/11 18:38:38
    Jim
    +1
    JAMES, you obviously don't handle criticism well do you? Blocked so soon. I did not mention anything about "person to person" I asked about those you follow up on after you get them to "pray" your little formula and pronounce them to be saved and a Christian.

Like so many others you are an idiot. Not because you do what you do but because of your refusal to follow the Word of God and your opposition to those who call you to do so.

I'm not so sure those I "criticize" are Christians in any way other than the mere use of the word. If they were I think I would see different fruit. Well that's what the bible tells me anyway.

You can block me but the Lord still sees what you are doing and the harm you do to true Christianity and Christians.
  • thetruth Jim 2009/08/11 20:04:00 (edited)
    thetruth
    +1
    What is wrong with you? What part of what you just said is ok to do? Your not our judge! You have no right to "criticize" anyone! Who are you!

Hypocrite

Main Entry: hyp·o·crite
    Pronunciation: ˈhi-pə-ˌkrit
    Function: noun
    Etymology: Middle English ypocrite, from Anglo-French, from Late Latin hypocrita, from Greek hypokritēs actor, hypocrite, from hypokrinesthai
    Date: 13th century

1 : a person who puts on a false appearance of virtue or religion

2 : a person who acts in contradiction to his or her stated beliefs or feelings

Now judge yourself first, before you destroy the work of the Lord even more!
  • rotwiler Jim 2011/05/29 15:05:28
    rotwiler
    +3
    how can you be so lacking in grace and love to say to your brother in Christ,that he dissapoints you, man you need to examine yourself, praise God for James for showing ONE way to introduce people to the gospel, we all know it is then up to God Himself as he sheds light on the scriptures,we all know that if you truly believe then you change as the Holy Spirit guides and changes a person from within, if you TRULY believe, but if you don't, you're in the wrong place and need to start again, for love is the most excellent way, love "thetruth" answer, love is what sets us apart from any other faith, so love to you all, Peter
  • Bluefir... James 2010/01/22 03:28:58
    Bluefire_eagle
    +2
    Do you think that all you have got to do is belive and your saved?
  • James Bluefir... 2010/01/22 04:12:18
    James
    +1
    Absolutely! Believe is more than Words it comes from the heart.

Matthew 12:34 (New King James Version)

34 Brood of vipers! How can you, being evil, speak good things? For out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks.

Matthew 12:35 (New King James Version)

35 A good man out of the good treasure of his heart[a] brings forth good things, and an evil man out of the evil treasure brings forth evil things.

Luke 6:45 (New King James Version)

45 A good man out of the good treasure of his heart brings forth good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart[a] brings forth evil. For out of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaks.

Luke 12:34 (New King James Version)

34 For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.

You obviously haven't read any of my post or seen my profile.

Believe is more than just a word it's an action. Most people will not even waste their time praying unless they are being convicted by the Holy Spirit. There they have nothing to gain by praying if they truly don't believe in what they are praying. And yes once someone prays there has to be guidance and direction ( follow-up ) in order for them to grow spiritually. When a person gets Saved they are just like a new born baby and need to be fed an nourished in order ...

Matthew 12:34 (New King James Version)

Matthew 12:35 (New King James Version)

Luke 6:45 (New King James Version)

Luke 12:34 (New King James Version)

Believe is more than just a word it's an action. Most people will not even waste their time praying unless they are being convicted by the Holy Spirit. There they have nothing to gain by praying if they truly don't believe in what they are praying. And yes once someone prays there has to be guidance and direction ( follow-up ) in order for them to grow spiritually. When a person gets Saved they are just like a new born baby and need to be fed an nourished in order to grow spiritually or they will die.

Your not talking to a rookie here I've been there and done that, been a born-again Christian for over 27 years and I've seen things in the spiritual reem that most people just hear about.
  • thetruth James 2009/08/11 13:22:00
    thetruth
    +1
    Have a blessed day!

Blessings ...
  • rotwiler thetruth 2011/05/29 15:29:55
    rotwiler
    +3
    bless you my christian brother, I've only just come for a little help to find the right scriptures to introduce people to the Lord, and see here a total lack of humility on the part of some, I bless you for your wisdom and self control in the face of the enemy, we need people like yourself who are eloquent and calm in the face of false doctrines and pride, may you continue to grow from strength to strength, love in Christ, Peter
  • thetruth rotwiler 2011/07/30 19:33:17
    thetruth
    And God bless you Peter!
  • Jim 2009/08/11 04:12:21
    ... Comment ...,
    Jim
    +3
    "So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God."
    Romans 10:17

"For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe."
    1 Corinthians 1:21

The wisest words of men do not cause people to know God or come to repentance. It is Gods Word that brings faith, and Gods Word that leads people to salvation.

The Bible is the best way to tell people about Jesus. Remember, sometimes our job is to just plant the seed that someone else will water. God knows those who will be saved and those who will not.

Matthew 13:18  Hear ye therefore the parable of the sower.
    19  When any one heareth the word of the kingdom, and understandeth it not, then cometh the wicked one, and catcheth away that which was sown in his heart. This is he which received seed by the way side.
    20  But he that received the seed into stony places, the same is he that heareth the word, and anon [immediately] with joy receiveth it;
    21  Yet hath he not root in himself, but [en]dureth for a while: for when tribulation or persecution ariseth because of the word, by and by he is offended.
    22  He also that received seed among the thorns is he that heareth the word; and the care of this world, and the deceitfulness of riche...

Romans 10:17

1 Corinthians 1:21

22  He also that received seed among the thorns is he that heareth the word; and the care of this world, and the deceitfulness of riches, choke the word, and he becometh unfruitful.
    23  But he that received seed into the good ground is he that heareth the word, and understandeth it; which also beareth fruit, and bringeth forth, some an hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty.

Gods words have power to save, ours do not. Give credit where credit is due.
  • thetruth Jim 2009/08/11 04:19:07
  • In memory of my wife,Sister... 2009/08/10 23:05:02
    ... Comment ...,
    In memory of my wife,Sister in Christ, Has Passed away!
    +4
    By example and then sharing His Word. comment sharing
    God Bless
    Sister In Christ
  • thetruth In memo... 2009/08/11 00:28:02
  • In memo... thetruth 2009/09/18 06:51:30
    +1
    Blessings!
  • FREED Speaks Up 2009/08/05 21:45:25
    ...Comment ...
    FREED Speaks Up
    +4
    Love
    Joh 13:35 By this all shall know that you are My disciples, if you have love toward one another.

Walk
    Col 1:10 that you might walk worthy of the Lord to all pleasing, being fruitful in every work and increasing in the knowledge of God,

Share
    1Co 9:16 For though I preach the gospel, no glory is to me. For necessity is laid on me; yea, woe is to me if I do not preach the gospel!

Reflect Jesus
    Mat 5:16 Let your light so shine before men that they may see your good works and glorify your Father who is in Heaven. reflect jesus mat 516 light shine works glorify father heaven
  • thetruth FREED S... 2009/08/11 00:27:55
  • Worried about our Country 2009/08/05 05:54:35
    ...Comment ...
    Worried about our Country
    +4
    I think that if we are living in the Word, the Word will shine through us in how we live, how we speak and how we love.
    I believe the best way to tell anyone about Jesus is to walk with Jesus and let our testimony be the seed the Holy Spirit uses to bring someone to the Lord.
    Of course, there are people that need to be rebuked and we need to open their eyes to the sin in the their life.... but that can be also be dangerous and I always try to be very discerning and the Lord lead me how to speak to someone about that in love.... if a person (non believer) feels as if they, as a person, are being judged or attacked they will often turn away althogether....
    You have a wonderful way with people Truth and the Lord is using you here on SH - you are a wonderful example!
    God Bless you brother!
  • thetruth Worried... 2009/08/11 00:27:48
  • Sam 2009/08/03 23:47:11
    ...Comment ...
    Sam
    +5
    Use the Bible. Tell them your own story about how God saved you. Some good verses are Acts 3:19, Romans 10:9, John 1:12, Matthew 5:16, Luke 9:24-25, Romans 6:23, Romans 3:23, Romans 8:38-39( I love this one), Romans 10:9-10, 2Cor. 6:2.

If you want anymore just ask I would love to help.
    ---Sam
  • thetruth Sam 2009/08/11 00:27:41
  • Sam thetruth 2009/08/11 03:34:16
    Sam
    +3
    Thank you, thetruth. God bless!
  • thetruth Sam 2009/08/11 03:43:22
    thetruth
    +2

God Bless you Sam!
    Your a good friend!

Many Blessings ...
  • Sam thetruth 2009/08/11 04:22:37
    Sam
    +3
    You are are a very wise friend to have, God bless. wise friend god bless
  • thetruth Sam 2009/08/11 04:30:05
    thetruth
    +2
    I am very humbled dear friend! Thank you for the kind words. I feel the same way about you!
    I am nothing without Christ that gives me strength!

humbled dear friend feel christ strength

Many Blessings my friend ...

2014/07/24 15:26:44