CHRISTIANS ONLY!!! --- Should we still follow the Law (Old Testament) ?

*Zoe*[HisLittleRose] 2009/01/08 22:11:55
Remeber that in Matthew 5 Jesus said He did not come to destroy the Law! The Bible teaches that God never changes so God wouldn't say one thing in the Old Testament and change His mind in the NewTestament!!

• Truth 2010/02/06 01:32:22
    Yes!!
    Truth
    +4
    1 John 2:3-4
    And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments. He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.
    1 John 3:4
    Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.

If someone tells you that you don't have to follow the law, ask them the define Sin. The Bible states that sin is transgression of the law. The Bible also states that anyone who says they know Christ but goes not keep his commandments is a LIAR! Please refer to the above scriptures.
    I believe that the Law/ Ten commandants should be kept. I often question Sunday keepers who say they believe in the ten commandments/the law. However the Law, clearly points out that we should remember the Sabbath which is the seventh day. They claim to follow Jesus but forget that Jesus is the God of the Sabbath. Sunday Worshipers say they are followers of Jesus yet they don't keep the Holy days but practice paganism (Easter, Christmas etc).

• drnickmd 2012/10/14 13:37:36
    Yes!!
    drnickmd
    +1
    << Matthew 5:18 >>

KJV: For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

NIT: I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not even the smallest detail of God's law will disappear until its purpose is achieved.

Sounds like people just like lying to themselves on here. Jesus lets you know that you should follow the
  • troy allen 2011/06/06 14:03:44
    Yes!!
    troy allen
    +1
    100% yes, no where in the Bible was the law taken away Christ died and became the sacrifice for our sins . If we are true students of the word than we know that sin is transgression of the law. Because in the old covenant death was the judgement of the law. So Christ died so we wouldn't have to therefore we have grace.
  • saintgato 2011/01/25 05:26:34
    saintgato
    +3
    I vot yes, but I depennds on what you mean by law.the ceremonial, judicial and dietary law has been abolished as there is no. Need for it. As ephesians points out that Jesus boke down the wall of hostility, speaking of the deviding wall at the temple that would not let a gentiles inside. As for Gods moral law, we should mos def try not to break it, as it is a reflection of God's moral purity and perfect nature. But we need to remember that th moral law was not put into place to achieve righteousness. It was put in place to impute sin and show that we need a savior. For the unbeliever it reveals his/her inability to be righteous, in doing so shows us we need a substatute to live and die in our law place. For the believer it is an obvious guage that no longer puts us to death but exposes our sin. It also is a reminder to us believers of our total faith and dependence on our loving sacrificial lamb who redeemed us from that law that condemns. It can not make us righteous by observing it, rather by oserving it we see that we can not be righteous and therefore depend on our savior for his imputed righteousness.
  • RobertJohnson 2010/10/17 12:46:44
    RobertJohnson
    its been abolished
  • Truth 2010/02/06 01:32:22
    Yes!!
    Truth
    +4
    1 John 2:3-4
    1 John 3:4

• 55rebel Truth 2014/06/15 03:49:59
    55rebel
    ....A true statement of fact.

We know that those who are claiming that the Law has been abolished, are not studying the Scriptures, but rather, are heeding a doctrine of demons, via their preachers....who BTW, the Messiah never had a good word to say about.

"Easter, Christmas etc": Mytherism....pure and simple.
  • bama 2009/01/30 16:34:42
    bama
    +1
    The Old Testament Laws and the New Testament Laws are clear and simple; nevertheless, they are fundamental. The Law of the Bible is the foundation upon which rest the jurisprudence of the English-speaking countries, and some others. Upon these Laws also rest our Moral Code.
    In the New Testament are frequent references to the Laws in the Old Testament. Such references sometimes sanction, sometimes amplify, and sometimes show how a new Law of love and compassion has replaced the Old Law of punishment. For criminal violations, the Old Law cries, "Slay him!" Jesus pleaded, "Forgive him!"
  • 55rebel bama 2014/06/15 04:04:27 (edited)
    55rebel
    "For criminal violations, the Old Law cries, "Slay him!" Jesus pleaded, "Forgive him!""

True....but, the Messiah was not offering a license for the continued transgression of the Law, but rather forgiveness...called grace--a second chance. Ultimately, those who continue transgressing the Law--"the Law of Love", will be terminated, period.
  • Scars Remain (aka Vicki) 2009/01/17 03:26:25
    Yes!!
    Scars Remain (aka Vicki)
    +1
    The moral law law being the 10 commandments, is still to be followed. As Jesus summed them up in a couple of sentences...1. Love God with all your heart, mind, and soul and 2. Love your neighbor as yourself.
    The O.T. had other laws in place, which were ceremonial/sacrificial, political, economic, or judicial laws.
    Those were a framework, given to Israel, who many times lived in close proximity to the pagan nations. It was to set them apart from the other nations. Ceremonial/sacrificial laws were fulfilled when Jesus died. We no longer need to sacrifice animals for the remission of our sins. Jesus is our High Priest, whose blood covers/redeems us from our sins.

sacrifice animals remission sins jesus high priest blood coversredeems sins

• Sean... the dark side lied ... 2009/01/10 21:23:55
    Sean... the dark side lied about the cookies
    +2
    The 10 Commandments are still things we should probably live by. Whether you're Christian or not, I think its a good standard.
  • ImageBandit ~ American Patriot 2009/01/09 18:46:37
    ImageBandit ~ American Patriot
    +2
    jesus fullfilled the law and freed us from it. since keeping the law will not gain a place in heaven - only jesus does that.
  • *Zoe*[H... ImageBa... 2009/01/09 19:36:39
    *Zoe*[HisLittleRose]
    +2
    Jesus said himself that He did not come to destroy the Law!! Fufilling something doesn't mean destroying it!
  • ImageBa... *Zoe*[H... 2009/01/09 20:17:32 (edited)
    ImageBandit ~ American Patriot
    +2
    I didnt say he destroyed it, he fullfilled it, keeping the law does not get us into heaven but repentence and baptism into christ does get us into heaven - - does that mean we break the laws - NO - I am not against you - the point I make is that the law is not the point here - it is a life committed to Jesus Christ that is the issue. your question asks if we should follow the old law, and my answer is no, we follow jesus the jews follow the law and it wont help them on judgement day. only jesus will.
  • *Zoe*[H... ImageBa... 2009/01/09 22:34:13
    *Zoe*[HisLittleRose]
    +1
    What does fullfillment mean to you? If Jesus didn't destroy the Law, who did? No one. It still must be followed.
  • ImageBa... *Zoe*[H... 2009/01/10 00:32:18
    ImageBandit ~ American Patriot
    +1
    I am not saying to disobey the law. law must be followed -BUT following the law isnt enough. and it will not get you into heaven. being one with jesus is the only thing that will save you. when you stand before God at the final call he will not ask you if you kept the commandments because he knows you failed. he will turn to jesus and ask him if he knows you and jesus will say "this is my good and faithful servant" or he will say "I know not this man" THAT is the test you have to pass. you are trying to get me to say "YOU MUST OBEY THE LAW" so you can beat people over the head with laws. when you need to be introducing them to jesus. after that they will gladly follow the law. first things first.
  • *Zoe*[H... ImageBa... 2009/01/10 16:16:26
    *Zoe*[HisLittleRose]
    You're saying the Law must be followed....do you celebrate GOD'S Feasts? Thats part of the Law'm fully aware that Jesus saves and the Law doesn't. I'm simply saying the Law should still be apart of everyone live's.
  • ImageBa... *Zoe*[H... 2009/01/10 16:22:46
    ImageBandit ~ American Patriot
    yes I celebrate the feasts - it is a joyful thing to gather with the faithful
  • *Zoe*[H... ImageBa... 2009/01/15 23:29:27
    *Zoe*[HisLittleRose]
    Do you eat pork and other food prohibited in the Law?
  • ImageBa... *Zoe*[H... 2009/01/16 00:14:26
    ImageBandit ~ American Patriot
    paul said all food is good to eat. did you read the book - none of these diseases? where the show how god kept the isrealits safe from certain illnesses with his food prohibitions? pork at that time would give you trichinosis and there was no way of preventing it like today the ceremonial washing was to get rid of germs - I would never tell anyone to vilate the law if it interferes with their worship but I am not bound by the law - keeping it is a choice. the thing that matters is calling on the name of jesus and following him - dont let the law keep you from that because it is the only thing that matters. the law will not save you. and jesus wont demand that you kept all of the law. or dont you believe in jesus?
  • Sean...... *Zoe*[H... 2009/01/10 21:23:30
    +1
    Do you want us to answer or do you want to argue?
  • *Zoe*[H... Sean...... 2009/01/15 23:29:41
    *Zoe*[HisLittleRose]
    answer and debate ;-)
  • bama *Zoe*[H... 2009/01/30 16:28:01 (edited)
    bama
    do you want to follow all laws of the old testament? you shouldn't pick and choose which one(s) you want to follow. it's all or none. I agree with what imagebandit says concerning the Old Testament.
  • lovelykitten 2009/01/09 16:56:40
    lovelykitten
    +4
    the law brings death, but the spirit of God brings life... the law was there to show us no one could keep all the laws, no one! that's why Jesus came to earth... So we would be able to have life, and that we didnt have to live by the law.
  • Jessi 2009/01/09 16:13:40
    Jessi
    well we should always follow Gods law and i know they did some horrible things back then but we have new ways of doing things so i think we can follow Gods law but...well thar is always a way to follow him and not be so crule
  • medarlin~xanax goddess~ 2009/01/09 03:26:06
    Yes!!
    medarlin~xanax goddess~
    +3
    And maybe your dad should sell you into slavery as a sex slave. You're only 14, it's not too late!!! He could get a lot of money if you're as "hot" as your profile claims you are!!!
  • 55rebel medarli... 2014/06/15 04:13:50
    55rebel
    ...And it is quite obviuos now, to anyone with half a clue, that you are one "clueless" Troll.
  • Hula girl - Friends not Fol... 2009/01/09 00:14:49
    Hula girl - Friends not Followers
    +3
    The Law is the 10 Commandments so those didn't change once he came to this earth. He came to be the bridge between those that have sinned and to the Father in Heaven. He became the sacrifice instead of offering sacrifices to God.
  • *Zoe*[H... Hula gi... 2009/01/09 00:52:11
    *Zoe*[HisLittleRose]
    +2
    The Law is not only the 10 Commandments...the Law is God's commands that you are supposed to follow, they are in the Old Testament.
  • ImageBa... *Zoe*[H... 2009/01/10 01:05:53
    ImageBandit ~ American Patriot
    +2
    you are young - I dont know you except the little I see here - I love your fire and perseverance. I have grandchildren your age - they are great as well. people on here are going to try to wear you down - dont give up the good fight - EVER - remember to temper everything with love - and jesus. people may be wrong and sinners but they belong to jesus. so dont you sin by disrespecting them. love them into jesus and the law will be served.

people wrong sinners jesus sin disrespecting love jesus law served
  • *Zoe*[H... ImageBa... 2009/01/10 16:17:10
    *Zoe*[HisLittleRose]
    +1
    thanks!! :D
  • American Rhetoric Review 2009/01/08 23:24:12
    American Rhetoric Review
    +4
    Hell no! Do you people ever get tired of attempting to turn the world into a living hell? Get a life... What, you're going to start stoning your children and killing your parents??? For god sakes quit preaching this BS and find something worth while to do that God told you to do like feeding the hungry, clothing the poor, adopt some abused and homeless children or something.... Anything but feeding this BS to the mindless!
  • *Zoe*[H... America... 2009/01/09 00:53:08
    *Zoe*[HisLittleRose]
    This isn't BS. And I don't turn this world into a living hell. I simply do what God tells me to do.
  • America... *Zoe*[H... 2009/01/09 01:04:50
    American Rhetoric Review
    +1
    The hell it isn't.... Those books are there for all of us to use and do as we feel appropriate... No one needs anyone spoon feeding this crap to them... The old testament is full of awful hateful hurtful messages that are vile! If it falls into the wrong hands of some of these people that can't think for themselves, let alone read it for what it is, it would be living hell on earth... Get a Fricking clue! God didn't tell you to preach this crap... go adopt a child and do something respectable! Make yourself useful instead of a hindrance.
  • *Zoe*[H... America... 2009/01/09 01:47:39
    *Zoe*[HisLittleRose]
    +1
    A little FYI I am making my useful by doing what God tells me to do! God wouldn't put anything in the Bible unless it is has an important meaning!! You simply don't want to follow Him therefore you are trying to avoid all of His commands!!
  • America... *Zoe*[H... 2009/01/09 03:10:33
    American Rhetoric Review
    suit yourself... I don't judge you!!!
  • *Zoe*[H... America... 2009/01/09 18:38:16
    *Zoe*[HisLittleRose]
    thank you
  • ImageBa... America... 2009/01/10 01:10:37
    ImageBandit ~ American Patriot
    +2
    who said anything about stoning and killing? give the girl a break - I feel she is trying to do a real service here and needs to be treated with the respect she deserves.

if you follow jesus - you will keep the law - because you want to and the law dosent force us to stone and kill and hate - quite the oposite.
  • curlysue -"In God We Trust" 2009/01/08 23:19:30
    curlysue -"In God We Trust"
    +3
    Jesus was sent to this earth by God. We are to live by the words that Jesus has gave us in the New Testament. That does not mean that we should do away with the Old Testament. We still have to read and understand it. just the same. I do believe that we are to live our lives according to the New Testament.
    Good question:)
  • Lou 2009/01/08 22:40:00
    Lou
    +3
    All through the Bible, you will find passages that will contradict themselves if you do not tie both the Old and New Testament together. It would be like reading a book half the way through, and claiming to know how it ended without reading it. That is what alot of the trouble people have with Christianity. They take things out of context by picking and choosing scripture without reading all the rest of the scriptures that have to do with the same subject.
  • *Zoe*[H... Lou 2009/01/08 22:53:31
    *Zoe*[HisLittleRose]
    +1
    very true....if you do not know the Bible well you would say that the Bible contradicts itself....but it doesn't.

2014/11/26 11:27:46