Christians and pseudo-Christians

Temlakos~POTL~PWCM~JLA~☆ 2012/09/24 03:10:48
Agree
Disagree
Christians can't afford political correctness anymore. Nor listen to pastors who preach either "social justice" or withdrawal from politics.

And remember: this is a Christian nation.

And this election is critical to whether we will be a Christian nation (and a civilized nation) or not.

Read More: http://www.conservativenewsandviews.com/2012/09/23...

• HistoryBuff782 2012/10/24 03:35:13
    Disagree
    HistoryBuff782
    We are NOT, nor have we ever been, a "Christian nation". The majority of people being Christian does not make it some kind of "official" religion.

Religion should be left out of politics, PERIOD. We have a seperation of church & state so that religious fanatics can't inforce their beliefs on us all. "Civilized nation"?

Yes, because clearly Christian nations in the past were very civilized. Burning "witches" and "heretics" at the stake, killing/torturing non-believers, launching genocidal crusades, and repressing scientific advances and human progress for centuries.

A "civilized" nation to me isn't a country run by ignorant, scientifically illiterate rednecks forcing their "morals" down everyone else's throat.
  • Miss Fiona 2012/10/14 01:32:20
    Miss Fiona
    The real fight exists between self-proclaimed "Judeo-Christians" and traditional Christians. Defining the values of American Christians as a whole remains this nation's most prominent underlying spot of contention.
  • Cat 2012/09/25 06:45:07
    Cat
    +1
    I agree with two of your three points.
    "Congress shall enact no law establishing a religion ...."
    We are a free nation, free to worship or not worship as we see fit.
  • TheBadOne 2012/09/24 17:33:54
    Disagree
    TheBadOne
    +2
    Translation: Only our narrow interpretation of Christianity is the right one, so believe in that or find hell, sinners!
  • Beat Magnum True Hero 2012/09/24 11:33:27
    Beat Magnum True Hero
    As a Christian, I agree, but Romney is not my savior. Jesus is.
  • Michael Hertel 2012/09/24 11:00:55
    Disagree
    Michael Hertel
    We are not a Christian nation and never have been. Christ did not try to force people to believe this or that. He was gentle in the extream.
  • Richard 2012/09/24 06:29:57
    Disagree
    Richard
    +2
    As an American Jew I find comments like these extremely disturbing. I am an American citizen, with rights spoken in the Constitution, and so are my wife and my sons. And for one I do not wish for school to tell my children or any other Jewish children their faith is wrong because they are not Christian and don't accept Jesus Christ as their savior.

This kind of mentality is dangerously close what Islamists believe, and in my opinion is something a true conservative shouldn't preach. I'm sorry to disagree Mr. Purpura, but this is not a Christian nation. And that is what makes it as great as it is.
  • Arizona1950 2012/09/24 05:21:14
    Agree
    Arizona1950
    +3
    Christians can't afford political correctness anymore ... they need to vote their conscience.
  • History... Arizona... 2012/10/24 03:42:04
    HistoryBuff782
    Keep your religious fanaticism out of our government and schools.
  • Arizona... History... 2012/10/24 04:10:04
    Arizona1950
    +1
    LOL ... over your head.
  • History... Arizona... 2012/10/24 04:13:14
    HistoryBuff782
    How so? -_-
  • Arizona... History... 2012/10/24 13:19:49
    Arizona1950
    Your commet shows me you assume much ... about me and my direction.
  • Patriot Unit 2012/09/24 03:52:53
    Patriot Unit
    +1
    I don't recall that being a Christian ever had anything to do with being Politically Correct.
    This country has never been run as a Religious Nation of any kind. The reference to God is a general term, suggesting that their is a higher power, that assisted our founding fathers in forming the Constitution, and that higher power is thanked for the effort. and that we should hope that that power sees fit to give us the guidance needed to remain free from tyranny both from within and without.

And until we had the likes of Obama, we did not show favor for one religion over another. But now its Islam, over Christianity, Jewish. He spews support for the Muslim Killers, and uses the excuse that we are not at war with the Muslim World. We did not start the War, but we sure as hell are in one with them. They want us DEAD and GONE from the world stage. And they have been doing everything they can to push that agenda. And they have found their patsy, And they use him like a rag doll. They are happy to have him as our President, But they sure don't fear him like they should,

I don't look at this election being critical for us to keep the any faith. What is critical is that we retake this country, and its constitution back from our own radical out of control progressive government. And that means getting rid of all the dead wood, in both parties. As they are all guilty of screwing this country. Be it by their actions of lack thereof.
  • Arizona... Patriot... 2012/09/24 05:19:26
    Arizona1950
    +1
    I don't quite agree with everything you have said but enough to give you a rave and say thank you.
  • Tastentier 2012/09/24 03:38:05
    Tastentier
    +1
    The U.S. is a Christian majority country, not a Christian nation. The only Christian nation in the world is the Vatican City state.

That being said, the U.S. government shouldn't meddle in any religion. There should be no Ramadan celebrations at the White House, no Hindu prayers in Congress, and no Catholic masses or Muslim prayer services in the Pentagon. Christians of all denominations are better off if government institutions are as secular as possible.
    Agree
    +6
    This government is now the most throughly anti-Christian government I've ever lived under.
  • Cat Temlako... 2012/09/25 06:48:18
    Cat
    +1
    You obviously have never lived in Arabia.
  • Heavy Six Temlako... 2012/09/25 13:44:40
    Heavy Six
    Not to mention our 'president' loves to kiss the Middle Easts' a$$!

2014/07/25 09:10:02