Child killed in exorcism by mom

☥☽✪☾DAW ☽✪☾ 2011/03/18 03:05:35
Related Topics: Marijuana, God, Police, Priest
What kind of mother could kill thier child
I think
What the hell is the matter with this world?

Police say a Nantucket woman accused of killing her 3-year-old daughter told a priest and hospital officials that God told her to push a rose down the girl's throat to ward off the devil.

Documents filed in Nantucket District Court said 26-year-old Dora Alicia Tejada Pleitez said she realized that the "rose" was her fist and the devil bit her through the child.

Tejada Pleitez was held without bail pending a competency hearing after pleading not guilty Tuesday.

ild tejada pleitez bail pending competency hearing pleading guilty tuesday

Police say emergency personnel responded to the family home Monday after getting a 911 call reporting that the little girl had stopped breathing. The child, Nicole Garcia, was taken to a hospital where she was pronounced dead.

Tejada Pleitez's lawyer says her mental state will play a "critical role" in the case.

Read More: http://www.myfoxboston.com/dpp/news/local/nantucke...

• I'mFallingDown. 2011/03/18 12:43:33
    I'mFallingDown.
    +2
    o.O strange,but interestiiing.
  • cindy 2011/03/18 12:25:03
    cindy
    +2
    We don't put up with the killing of innocent in other Countries and we shouldn't here either. We get rid of the evil there and we need to do the same here. No life in prison.. I'm sick about this child. I'm sure this little girl is in Gods hands now..
  • Chris cindy 2011/03/18 14:53:27
    Chris
    My question to you is, if it is because of a mental health issue that lead to this act would you be just as sick that the "system" quite possibly failed the mother as well...
  • cindy Chris 2011/03/18 16:31:21
    cindy
    +1
    No reason for killing a child is acceptable for me.. If the system let this woman keep her even knowing there was something wrong then Yes!! We need to Fix it so this never happens again..
  • Chris cindy 2011/03/19 15:17:17
    Chris
    +1
    Agreed! The system failed the mother and the child if the mother indeed is mentally ill.
  • KinnUzumaki 2011/03/18 11:55:00
    KinnUzumaki
    +1
    this lady is crazy!
  • irish 2011/03/18 10:03:50
    I think
    irish
    +1
    all you have to do is look at her eyes to see she is mentally unstable and from there travel down to that cross she is wearing. add to that she was probably clueless to how a 3 yr old behaves normally.
  • cativonduren 2011/03/18 09:44:01
    I think
    cativonduren
    She's the culprit, that's all I know. As for the other things related with this case, there's not enough details to derive any conclusion.
  • george 2011/03/18 09:04:49
    george
    +1
    Freak nugget!
    Very screwed up person. She needs a few roses shoved down her throat.
  • susiefrown 2011/03/18 08:25:17
    I think
    susiefrown
    Infanticide in the modern Western world is a sign of a disturbed mind, regardless the reason a mother gives for being compelled to take such horrific steps (is a heinous crime anywhere in the world, but believe cultural and social factors play a predominate role in some parts of the world).

I think that whenever a crime is committed by someone who is not of sound mind, their mental state must be considered in their sentencing. Admittedly, when the crime is as gruesome as this one is, it is hard to look beyond the atrocities and feel any degree of benevolence for the perpetrator. I worked as a guard for a couple of years in a women's federal prison with a number of women convicted of infanticide. The inmates' criminal profiles included detailed accounts of their lives growing up and all of the women in prison for killing their children shared unthinkable backgrounds. They all were born with FAS and/or addicted to drugs. Their files included accounts of extreme abuse from birth to their late teens - severe beatings, burned, hair ripped from head with shaving razors, starved, kept from school and denied any sort of social interaction, and left exposed in freezing rooms, pimped out for drug money when only toddlers and continuing throughout the teen years, force fed drugs ...

I think that whenever a crime is committed by someone who is not of sound mind, their mental state must be considered in their sentencing. Admittedly, when the crime is as gruesome as this one is, it is hard to look beyond the atrocities and feel any degree of benevolence for the perpetrator. I worked as a guard for a couple of years in a women's federal prison with a number of women convicted of infanticide. The inmates' criminal profiles included detailed accounts of their lives growing up and all of the women in prison for killing their children shared unthinkable backgrounds. They all were born with FAS and/or addicted to drugs. Their files included accounts of extreme abuse from birth to their late teens - severe beatings, burned, hair ripped from head with shaving razors, starved, kept from school and denied any sort of social interaction, and left exposed in freezing rooms, pimped out for drug money when only toddlers and continuing throughout the teen years, force fed drugs at an early age to keep them compliant, long periods of time spent locked, sometimes chained up, in a room or basement are just some of what they experienced. There are some incredibly strong, courageous, and determined people who rise above such circumstances, but it is hard to imagine anyone enduring such long term trauma and coming out mentally sound.

I don't feel a woman should be absolved of infanticide, regardless of her life circumstances or mental capacity, but think it would be both unfair and a mistake to dismiss these factors and the indirect role they played in her crime. From my own experience (a Canadian prison), treatment and programming for these women once institutionalized is a joke. Reports on their care and progress may give a positive impression, but are not corroborated by the brief and infrequent sessions with psychologists, extreme mood swings, considerable lack of interest and participation in programming, and recurrent violent outbursts. Clearly viewing them only as criminals and locking them up and throwing away the key is in no one's best interest.
  • Chris susiefrown 2011/03/18 15:04:10
    Chris
    I am not sure what you mean by absolved...I am guessing not guilty...if that is the case,I would have to disagree...If someone is not capable in that moment in distinguishing right from wrong because of a mental health illness then they are definietly not guilty...are system fails peopel like this all of the time...and for those you speak of, the sad truth is we "feel" for them when they were victims as kids but we do nothing to stop the cycle and they become perpetrators when they get older and then we condem them...
  • susiefrown Chris 2011/03/19 03:45:44
    susiefrown
    A violent crime committed by someone with a completely distorted view of reality due to mental illness is still a violent crime. I am more inclined to support rehabilitation over retribution when it comes to criminal justice, but public safety is paramount.
    I absolutely agree with your above comment. There are repercussions from an ineffectual system letting children fall through the cracks, and we, as a society, should take ownership of this. Instead, those who were victimized by children continue to be victimized as adults.
    When saying I do not think these people should be absoled of their crimes, I meant that their part in what transpired should not be dismissed. Even in a diminished capacity, they still committed the crime and are a threat to the public's safety. I am not suggesting strictly punitive measures should be taken and do not think simply locking them up for a set amount of time is the answer. They need (and deserve) proper care and treatment, but also must be kept from causing further harm while they still pose a risk to society.
  • Chris susiefrown 2011/03/19 15:20:06
    Chris
    Certainly! I agree treatment needs to occur to reduce the cahnces of this reoccuring again
  • just me 2011/03/18 07:35:08
    I think
    just me
    This woman has probably been experience delusions and/or hallucinations for some time. Why did someone notice before this happened?
  • Little Angel 2011/03/18 07:31:24
    Little Angel
    +4
    insanity of religion
    I believe in God and he is everywhere.
    I do not need to go to a church to pray
    or to find Him. Too many evil things are
    done in the name of Religion.
  • ☥☽✪☾DAW... Little ... 2011/03/18 17:51:44
    ☥☽✪☾DAW ☽✪☾
    Should we outlaw Exorcisms here in the united states or limit them or have them Closely monitored by medical proffessionals?
  • Katie ☥☽✪☾DAW... 2011/03/19 07:59:00
    I think
    The extremism so the various religious groups will always have those among their congregations who are unstable and will take literally anything told to them by what ever means, from the pulpit or out of the clear blue sky.

This one will plead inocent by reason of insanity.

You see religion is a form of insanity.
  • Chris sjalan 2011/03/18 15:07:14
    Chris
    It's probably likely she is schizophrenic or bi-polar and not aware of her actions...why balme religion?
  • sjalan Chris 2011/03/18 18:02:25
    As has been said many times in the past, where money is not the root of all evil, religion is.

Religion today as it has in the past, is dividing the peoples of our planet away from the common goal of survival on an ever shrinking planet. The control of minds by religion places all at odds with others and in doing so diverts the necessary energies to the protection of our futures.

Regardless of the womans mental state most exorcisms are performed against unwitting and unwilling participants and is almost never benificial to them.
  • Chris sjalan 2011/03/19 15:28:19
    Chris
    Well, I have issues with organized religion but the general concept of GOD and spirtuality is very positive and far from "evil"...it's man who has twisted it and caused "evil" to exist...There's a difference between doing something in the "name of religion" and truly being a follower of GOD and/or Christ (and that's any GOD of the major religons...the message is the same...be a good preson and treat others well)...
  • sjalan Chris 2011/03/20 03:18:23
    I find organized religion an abomination. They have warped the teachings of the various holy texts to suit their own form of greed, power and prejudice.

I find spirituality to be in ones heart and mind, not dictated by pagan rites and superstisions. That there is a supreme being is still greatly debated by myself and I find the simitry of nature to be the only evidence that there could be a supreme being/creator.
  • Myrle Hulme 2011/03/18 06:54:09
    Myrle Hulme
    +1
    I think anyone who can believe that their child is possessed by a devil is a screwball and watches too many horror movies or is definenately mentally incompetent. and the priesed should know better than too preach such cr*p
  • snail 2011/03/18 06:38:32 (edited)
    I think
    snail
    +2
    I think she was obviously mentally ill, or on meth or something. It doesn't seem like she intended to harm her child, nor does it seem like it was necessarily even about religion, since most religious people would know better than to behave this way. It was about being delusional, not having a clear grasp on cause and effect, and hearing voices to which she attempted to attach meaning according to her beliefs about the nature of reality, in order to make sense of them.
  • Chris snail 2011/03/18 15:10:39
    Chris
    Exactly! Someone who actually thinks before they respond!
  • Anna 2011/03/18 06:27:49
    I think
    Anna
    She'll probably have another child.
  • Chicklet 2011/03/18 06:10:24
    I think
    Chicklet
    I think good people will do good things and bad people will do bad things. It is only religion that can convince good people to do bad, in this case incrediby stupid, things.
  • Ldude893 2011/03/18 05:58:55
    Ldude893
    +1
    And they say only muslims kill their own children in the name of their god.
  • \V/ 2011/03/18 05:54:19
  • Raithere 2011/03/18 05:45:45
    I think
    Raithere
    God told her to do it. It must be okay.
  • Katie Raithere 2011/03/19 07:59:45
  • Disko Pickle 2011/03/18 05:33:19
    I think
    Disko Pickle
    +5
    Um, hello? The child was possessed by a demon. Don't you think the demon might be the one who was responsible for the child's death? The mother was trying to save her and now she's being charged with murder???????? WTF????????
  • Lady Yui Disko P... 2011/03/18 05:38:45
    Lady Yui
    +4
    Yes, and a unicorn is going to be the prosecutor and the judge is going to be a leprechaun. *rofl*
  • melly~t... Disko P... 2011/03/18 05:44:09
  • Disko P... melly~t... 2011/03/18 05:46:36
    Disko Pickle
    +5
    Did you notice the picture on the right side of the screen which goes with the "Should Annie Le Murderer Get Life?" question? I have the same sweater that the murderer is wearing.
  • melly~t... Disko P... 2011/03/18 05:50:28
    melly~thwarting Satan since 1971
    +5
    You do! You're much hotter in it, though. Which translates to...he should get life. How dare he attempt to be as cute as you.
  • \V/ melly~t... 2011/03/18 05:57:41
  • ☥☽✪☾DAW... Disko P... 2011/03/18 17:52:17
    ☥☽✪☾DAW ☽✪☾
    +2
  • Disko P... ☥☽✪☾DAW... 2011/03/18 19:04:08 (edited)
    Disko Pickle
    +3
    The only medical professional we need in America is Jesus Christ, MD.

medical professional america jesus christ md

2014/10/21 07:11:25