Chick-Fil-A Fast Food Chain Donated Nearly $2 Million To Anti-Gay Groups. Will You Support Their Hate ?

Che Guevara - Hero 2012/06/20 23:53:53
NO, I will NOT Support Anti-Gay Hate
YES, I DO Support Anti-Gay Hate
Chick-Fil-A Fast Food Chain Donated Nearly $2 Million To Anti-Gay Groups
Want a side order of anti-gay rhetoric with your chicken sandwich?
Chik-Fil-A might be able to help you with that.
According to EqualityMatters.org, the fast food company donated nearly $2 million in 2009 to groups that have anti-gay agendas.
IRS 990 forms show that WinShape, the restaurant chain's charitable foundation which was founded by Chick-Fil-A's chairman S. Truett Cathy in 1994, gave to the following groups in 2009:
Marriage & Family Legacy Fund: $994,199
Fellowship Of Christian Athletes: $480,000
National Christian Foundation: $240,000
Focus On The Family: $12,500
Eagle Forum: $5,000
Exodus International: $1,000
Family Research Council: $1,000
An earlier investigation by Equality Matters found that Chick-Fil-A, which was recently voted the third most beloved restaurant chain in the United States, donated more than $1 million to anti-gay groups between 2003 and 2008. The IRS forms from 2009 are the most recent available as public records.
In January Chick-Fil-A president Dan Cathy defended the chain saying, "We're not anti-anybody... Our mission is to create raving fans."
Cathy was also forced to respond to gay activists' claims after the company provided lunch at a marriage-training event sponsored by Pennsylvania Family Institute.
Cathy asserted, "While my family and I believe in the Biblical definition of marriage, we love and respect anyone who disagrees."
In recent months students attending at least six universities, including University of North Texas, Mississippi State University, and the University of New Orleans, have launched petitions asking their schools not to support anti-LGBT businesses like Chick-Fil-A.
LGBT activists have also staged protests at a number of the chain's locations throughout the country, including Chicago and Hollywood.

Read More: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/11/01/chick-fil...

• Soojin 2012/06/21 03:44:35
    NO, I will NOT Support Anti-Gay Hate
    Soojin
    +10
    Probably shouldn't support the fast food industry, anyway. Two birds with one stone!

• Blue Dog 2012/06/21 09:06:23
    YES, I DO Support Anti-Gay Hate
    Blue Dog
    +6
    Why is it called hate if the majority of the world's doesn't support the opinions of the Gay/lesbian community and their supporters? Why does the Gay/lesbian agenda have to politicized if it's such a natural thing? If it is such a natural way of life as supporters claim, then why does everything pertaining to the Gay/lesbian community need to be rammed up our noses whether we like it or not? And Equality Matters.org??? Another George Soros funded anti-family, anti-moral, anti-ethic, group of voter frauds............Talk about hatred, now there is a man with hate for America as well as those that are willing to believe anything he spews out of his mouth as well as the Huffington Post. Sorta like the MSNBC of news papers. Both are all but fully supported by George Soros, you know the man that credits himself for taking down the financial stability of Russia. You should do better research before posting bogus polls. And it's only the hate filled people that feel that everything that isn't in alignment with their opinion is hatred.
  • ☥☽✪☾DAW... Blue Dog 2012/06/21 15:36:44
    ☥☽✪☾DAW ☽✪☾
    +1
    Replace the word Gay/ Lesbian with the word Black or hispanic
    if they donated money to a hate group like the kkk would you still be proud of them

how is it any Differant? hate is hate doesnt matter the color of skin sexual orientation or Religion or Gender hate is Hate
  • Blue Dog ☥☽✪☾DAW... 2012/06/21 23:18:34
    Blue Dog
    Because chick-Fillet is not a hate group nor do they donate money to hate groups. They support a group or groups that believe that gay and lesbian sexual activity is unnatural. They support a group or groups that are heterosexual and natural family oriented. The answers for this poll are are a means of starting trouble. I support not one single hate group. I do however support groups that believe that a natural family begins with a man and a woman. And the KKK is really a bad example, they literally HATE everyone except W.A.S.P.'s so I would be amongst those of their hatred, a white, Christian/Catholic. Trust me I live in a state where the KKK has no Hispanics or blacks/persons of color to hate, however there is a population of Canadian Catholics (I being a part of that population actually Canadian-Indian/Acadia ) that they hate because they need to hate someone(s).
  • ☥☽✪☾DAW... Blue Dog 2012/06/21 23:32:06
    ☥☽✪☾DAW ☽✪☾
    +1
    the KKK hates everyone who isnt just like them
  • Jayne 2012/06/21 08:50:27
    NO, I will NOT Support Anti-Gay Hate
    Jayne
    +2
    I will never eat there again and I like their chicken. What I won't do is support hate.
  • olylift 2012/06/21 07:50:25
    NO, I will NOT Support Anti-Gay Hate
    olylift
    +1
    They have every right to donate money to whomever they choose. You'll still go there and buy their product.
  • Gloria 2012/06/21 07:28:34
    NO, I will NOT Support Anti-Gay Hate
    Gloria
    +3
    None of their restaurants are close to here. The local chicken restaurant serves organic chicken that isn't fried.
  • Thomas Rea: Gay Christian A... 2012/06/21 07:07:55
    NO, I will NOT Support Anti-Gay Hate
    Thomas Rea: Gay Christian Advocate
    +4
    I stop eating there since he donated money to an anti-gay group on a college.
  • Kaola 2012/06/21 07:00:32
    YES, I DO Support Anti-Gay Hate
    Kaola
    +1
    I wish they punish them all rather than supporting them.
  • Wake The Sheeple 2012/06/21 06:44:55
    YES, I DO Support Anti-Gay Hate
    Wake The Sheeple
    +3
    If for no other reason than to piss you off Che.
  • Che Gue... Wake Th... 2012/06/21 07:52:25
    Che Guevara - Hero
    +1
    Ron Paul is a well known Homophobe. Exactly the type of answer I would expect from one of his supporters.
  • Wake Th... Che Gue... 2012/06/21 14:48:22 (edited)
    Wake The Sheeple
    +1
    Keep spouting B.S. without the facts to back it up and you will lose what little credibility you still have left.
  • ☥☽✪☾DAW... Wake Th... 2012/06/21 15:37:01
    ☥☽✪☾DAW ☽✪☾
    +1

• Wake Th... ☥☽✪☾DAW... 2012/06/21 17:49:00
    Wake The Sheeple
    +1
    I'm giving Che hell because he spams my posts.
  • Che Gue... Wake Th... 2012/06/21 21:58:15
    Che Guevara - Hero
    Any Douche that would support a White Supremacist and Homophobe like Ron Paul deserves whatever comes his way. Karma is a Bitch.

Ron Paul voted AGAINST the MLK Holiday.

Ron Paul voted AGAINST awarding Rosa Parks the Congressional Medal of Freedom.

Ron Paul said he would have voted AGAINST the 1964 Civil Rights Act.

Paul has a 30 year history of pandering to the KKK and White Power Movement.

You can make all the LAME excuses for White Supremacist Ron Paul you want. His actions speak louder than words

-FACT: Ron Paul's presidential campaign issued a flyer that boasted about the candidate's efforts to introduce legislation that would remove challenges to the anti-gay Defense of Marriage Act from the federal court system.
    http://www.joemygod.blogspot....

-FACT: Ron Paul's Iowa state director is Mike Heath, a long-term Christian-right activist who formerly served as the board chairman of an SPLC-certified anti-gay hate group known as "Americans for Truth About Homosexuality."
    http://thenewcivilrightsmovem...

-FACT: Ron Paul has a long history of racist, homophobic, and anti-Semitic comments.
    http://www.tnr.com/article/po...

-FACT: As state above, Ron Paul supports the so-called "states' rights" approach to marriage, but interestingly, only for LGBT couples.
    http://www.yourtango.com/2008...

-FACT...

Ron Paul voted AGAINST the MLK Holiday.

http://www.joemygod.blogspot....

http://thenewcivilrightsmovem...

http://www.tnr.com/article/po...

http://www.yourtango.com/2008...

-FACT: Ron Paul said, "If I were in Congress in 1996, I would have voted for the Defense of Marriage Act, which used Congress' constitutional authority to define what official state documents other states have to recognize under the Full Faith and Credit Clause, to ensure that no state would be forced to recognize a same-sex marriage license issued in another state."
    http://www.thepoliticalguide....

-FACT: Ron Paul opposes the Employment Non-Discrimination Act (ENDA), which would prohibit discrimination against employees on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity by civilian, nonreligious employers.
    http://www.salon.com/2007/09/...
  • Wake Th... Che Gue... 2012/06/21 23:10:14
    Wake The Sheeple
    +1
    I see your cut and paste is still working.
  • Che Gue... Wake Th... 2012/06/21 23:13:18
    Che Guevara - Hero
    White Supremacist Ron Paul even voted against Rosa Parks getting recognized for her contributions to America.

NOW ON TO ROSA PARKS:

First, congressional gold medals have been handed out since even before the constitution, and there's no historical record suggesting that the founding fathers deemed them to be an unconstitutional expenditure. The first one was awarded to George Washington, in 1776. Second, the medal wasn't being funded by tax dollars, it was funded through the sale of bronze replicas, which Ron Paul would have known if he had actually had actually read the bill. If Ron Paul wanted to chip in his own money rather than charging the tax payers, then he could have done so, by purchasing a replica. Is there any evidence that he actually did? I guess words speak louder than actions. Third, Ron Paul claims that the medal went against everything that Rosa Parks believed in. But Rosa Parks was still alive at the time, so why not just ask her how she felt about it? What makes Ron Paul think that he has the authority to speak on her behalf?

At the very worst, Ron Paul is a blatant racist. At the very least, Ron is too incompetent to actually read a bill before he makes a speech against it.

http://www.dailykos.com/story...

The Civil Rights Act repealed the notorious Jim...

NOW ON TO ROSA PARKS:

http://www.dailykos.com/story...

The Civil Rights Act repealed the notorious Jim Crow laws; forced schools, bathrooms and buses to desegregate; and banned employment discrimination. Although Paul was not around to weigh in on the landmark legislation at the time, he had the chance to cast a symbolic vote against it in 2004, when the House of Representatives took up a resolution "recognizing and honoring the 40th anniversary of congressional passage of the Civil Rights Act of 1964." Paul was the only member who voted "no."
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com...
  • Wake Th... Che Gue... 2012/06/21 23:51:04
    Wake The Sheeple
    +2
    Yeah, we've been over this and its all been thoroughly debunked too many times. Besides that, it isn't the topic of discussion here.
  • Maria 2012/06/21 06:09:51
    YES, I DO Support Anti-Gay Hate
    Maria
    +5
    word you put hate isn't fitting thing...of course to support Chick-Fil-A restaurant and what was wrong with that ?..any body can support this or that..so what...don't put hate it is not fair and wasn't right thing to say hate in it...
  • Che Gue... Maria 2012/06/21 07:55:12
    Che Guevara - Hero
    +2
    It is VERY fitting. If you spend millions of dollars to spew hate and discriminate against people you have never even met it's called hate. You should be ashamed.
  • story101 Che Gue... 2012/06/21 09:19:56
    story101
    Millions or not is not the only issue. It seems you are spewing hate against a group of people you never met.
  • elijahin24 story101 2012/06/21 16:14:07
    elijahin24
    +1
    That's pretty much what many of these groups do.
  • Maria Che Gue... 2012/06/21 16:15:33
    Maria
    what? oh man you got it all backward...I just point out that hate is stupid word to put in when people have to click to that..it really dumb to put hate it like bias thing...
  • ««Gingey, the Master Debate... 2012/06/21 06:09:06
    NO, I will NOT Support Anti-Gay Hate
    ««Gingey, the Master Debater of Þ|-|Дэ†»»
    +3
    No, I won't eat any of their crappy food made from sick animals.

eat crappy food sick animals
    eat crappy food sick animals
  • The Aging Yankee Liberal Do... 2012/06/21 06:03:36
    NO, I will NOT Support Anti-Gay Hate
    The Aging Yankee Liberal Douche
    +2
    regardless if your pro gay marriage or not... shouldnt hate on them either way
  • Che Gue... The Agi... 2012/06/21 07:56:53
    Che Guevara - Hero
    +1
    Chick-Fil-A spends million to spew hate and discriminate against a group of people they have never even met. It's called Hate.
  • Death On Two Legs 2012/06/21 05:47:25
    NO, I will NOT Support Anti-Gay Hate
    Death On Two Legs
    +4
    I've never been to Chick-Fil-A, actually. Reading this just makes me want to never go there.
  • disclaimer 2012/06/21 05:46:21
    NO, I will NOT Support Anti-Gay Hate
    disclaimer
    +4
    Well, here's the dilemma. A few weeks ago, I stumbled across a website bashing Regina Spektor for supporting Planned Parenthood and birth control and a woman's right to choose. The people on this website swore they would never buy her music ever again, and my reaction was, "Guys, if you like the music, buy it. Spektor's personal opinions shouldn't matter." I happen to support the above causes, by the way. So if I like Chick-Fil-A (which I don't, but that's a different matter altogether), should I continue to eat their food? According to my reaction regarding Regina Spektor, I should. Just a little food for thought. Pun intended.
  • BloodlessVeins 2012/06/21 05:38:04
  • gocar 2012/06/21 05:27:01
    NO, I will NOT Support Anti-Gay Hate
    gocar
    +7
    Have never been to a chikc fil a and now I know I never will. I stopped going to Cracker Barrel years ago when they decided to fire gay waiters.
  • Bloodle... gocar 2012/06/21 05:39:30
    BloodlessVeins
    +2
    Right on!
  • Willie 2012/06/21 05:17:21
    NO, I will NOT Support Anti-Gay Hate
    Willie
    +4
    I don't and won't spend a single dime at Chick-Fil-A, and I urge everyone I know to avoid it as well.
  • painted desert 2012/06/21 05:05:40
    NO, I will NOT Support Anti-Gay Hate
    painted desert
    +5
    Thank you for the info. Last Chick-Fil-A for me. And I will plan to spread the word.
  • William 2012/06/21 04:55:32
    NO, I will NOT Support Anti-Gay Hate
    William
    +2
    But they do make delicious chicken!
  • ehrhornp 2012/06/21 04:33:03
    NO, I will NOT Support Anti-Gay Hate
    ehrhornp
    +6
    Actually I have never heard of this chain and I don't think we have it in Hawaii.
  • findthelight2000 2012/06/21 04:31:55
    NO, I will NOT Support Anti-Gay Hate
    findthelight2000
    +8
    I have been boycotting the Christian Fundamentalist Chick-Fil-A for years!
  • Bob, the reasonable one 2012/06/21 04:21:59
    YES, I DO Support Anti-Gay Hate
    Bob, the reasonable one
    +7
    These organizations are pro-family, pro-hetero, not necessarily Anti-Gay....believe me as a heterosexual I don't think about who I'm going to have sex with 24/7, it's my business and quit with the victim mentality. again Pro-Life, Pro-family doesn't mean Anti-Gay...nobody cares who or what you are having sex with...

Progressive Auto/Home Insurance is an organization that donates proceeds to all kinds of Left-Wing constituencies...should I post that they are Anti-Hetero, Anti-family, Anti-American? Of course not....being pro something doesn't make you a threat
  • Willie Bob, th... 2012/06/21 05:19:25
    Willie
    +6
    In general, those who support equal marriage rights for homosexuals do not advocate for stripping heterosexuals of any rights.

And many of the groups that Chick Fillet donates to DO actively support anti-gay causes.
  • Giantfan Bob, th... 2012/06/21 15:12:12
    Giantfan
    +1
    I'm glad I have my insurance through Progressive. I guess that's why they're called Progressive and not Conservative.
  • Bob, th... Giantfan 2012/06/21 15:25:32
    Bob, the reasonable one
    +2
    I have my insurance through Progressive as well...but the reason is that they were cheaper than Geico

2014/09/01 21:04:53