Chevy Volt Costing Taxpayers Up to $250K Per Vehicle?

~ The Rebel ~ 2011/12/22 10:00:38

Each Chevy Volt sold thus far may have as much as $250,000 in state and federal dollars in incentives behind it – a total of $3 billion altogether, according to an analysis by James Hohman, assistant director of fiscal policy at the Mackinac Center for Public Policy.

Hohman looked at total state and federal assistance offered for the development and production of the Chevy Volt, General Motors’ plug-in hybrid electric vehicle. His analysis included 18 government deals that included loans, rebates, grants and tax credits. The amount of government assistance does not include the fact that General Motors is currently 26 percent owned by the federal government.

The Volt subsidies flow through multiple companies involved in production. The analysis includes adding up the amount of government subsidies via tax credits and direct funding for not only General Motors, but other companies supplying parts for the vehicle.

Read More: http://dancingczars.wordpress.com/2011/12/21/chevy...

• uguess 2011/12/23 06:15:36
  • Patriot Unit 2011/12/22 23:46:17
    Patriot Unit
    +1
    Well, when you have a government owned company, then you can spend the tax payers money on whatever brain dead idea you come up with. Nobody has said what all the hidden costs are if one was to be bought without being forced to. Nobody thinks about how much energy it will take to charge the vehicle, that it has no logical use, outside a city. But yet the government keeps trying to get us to buy them. My electric and fuel costs are already over the top on what it should be. But I see if Obama Careless is upheld as being constitutional, that there will be many other government companies, and we will be required to buy many other things that we don't want.
  • Woots 2011/12/22 13:45:18 (edited)
    Woots
    +1
    But, But, But, it's a green job. You have to love it.
  • Maynard 2011/12/22 13:22:15
    Maynard
    +2
    Oh Lord won't you buy me a MERCEDES BENZ.

The libs all drive quarter million dollar rides, I must make AMENDS.

I could buy five new Corvettes, race to the ends.

SO OH LORD WON'T YOU PLEASE, EDUCATE OUR LIBERAL FRIENDS.
    +3
    And the money flows through the Bundlers ..
    With US TAXPAYERS bearing the bills .. (for yet MORE Massive Fraud/Waste/Abuse)
  • ~ The Rebel ~ 2011/12/22 11:00:40
    ~ The Rebel ~
    +4
    Yep they finally have admitted that the fire prone batteries are made overseas. Way to go with those “Green Energy Jobs.”)

http://dancingczars.wordpress...
    +4
    Such waste is unconscionable. This is where our government runs off the rails attempting to shove this technology down the throats of the American people. WE shoul;d decide when the time is right for such vehicles and the government should not take our money to tilt the playing field in favor of any technology.
  • JohnFitzgeral12 2011/12/22 10:13:50 (edited)
    JohnFitzgeral12
    +3
    I see hybrid state cars all the time. No doubt governments have exaggerated the success of hybrid/electric vehicles by subsidizing their purchases and outright buying them.

I see hybrid Tahoes all the time as well. I can't believe we're spending 40k for standard state vehicles.

2014/12/21 17:17:31