Chelsea Clinton Says She's Considering Politics: Would She Be a Good Politician?

AdriHead 2012/08/15 23:00:00
She's not running for office tomorrow, but she's also not crossing it off the list. In a recent interview with Vogue magazine, Chelsea Clinton -- the daughter of former president Bill Clinton and Secretary of State Hillary Clinton -- says she may consider working in politics for the future. Though there are no ballots to be filled out just yet, do you think the former first daughter would make a good politician?

CSMONITOR.COM reports:
Chelsea Clinton tells Vogue she’s considering politics and kids, yet again stoking the public fascination with America’s royalty: all the presidents’ kin.
shes politics kids stoking public fascination americas royalty presidents kin

Read More: http://www.csmonitor.com/The-Culture/Family/Modern...

• Dogman Welshtaff 2012/08/17 01:11:53
    Dogman
    +2
    No, it isn't. Bill Clinton was president during the longest sustained period of peace and prosperity in the history of the nation. Many other former presidents did little, if anything, to help those in need. By starting the Clinton Global Initiative, he has become the world's foremost statesman.

Most First Ladies retire to complete obscurity. Hilary became a successful US Senator and the Secretary of State, a role she has been flawless in.
  • Michaelene Dogman 2012/08/17 02:14:55
    Michaelene
    +3
    How old are ypu? I only ask because you may not be old enough to remember Bill Clinton bombing Iraq because of weapons of mass destruction (his words, not mine)
    This video usually shocks the youth who were never told the truth.
    By the way hillary has been successful in handing out more US aid than ever before to nations who hate our very existence.
  • Dogman Michaelene 2012/08/17 08:26:08
    Dogman
    +2
    I'm old enough to remember that Clinton never lied us into a war that cost 4,000 Americans their lives. That's how old I am.
  • FatherL... Dogman 2012/08/17 15:37:10
    FatherLiberty
    +1
    Do you only care about American lives? Does it not matter that Clinton lied to kill innocent people overseas just as Bush continued to do? Clinton bombed the water treatment facilities and milk processing plants in Iraq which resulted in the deaths of thousands of children. Over one million Iraqi civilians died from the sanctions put in place under his administration, mostly children under age five. The sanctions and military actions under Clinton against Iraq, just as under Bush, were all lies. And, as a matter of fact, 7,500 troops died during Clinton’s eight years in office.
  • Dogman FatherL... 2012/08/17 20:31:18
    Dogman
    +1
    When did Clinton lie about military operations overseas? Where did you get your statistical information?
  • Michaelene Dogman 2012/08/23 15:10:35
    Michaelene
    Did you watch the video? You don't need to remember anything. Clinton clearly states that Saddam had WMD's, he used them on his own people and that is the reason he bombed Iraq.
    Jeesh, selective memory huh?
  • Dogman Michaelene 2012/08/23 16:00:19
    Dogman
    OK - let's test your memory, shall we?

How many thousands of American soldiers died in Iraq during the Clinton Administration? How many trillions of tax payer dollars did we flush down the Iraqi drain during the Clinton Administration? Did President Clinton send his Secretary of State to the UN to deliberately lie?
  • Michaelene Dogman 2012/08/23 16:29:29
    Michaelene
    Why do we need to test our memories? Rote memorization is the worst form of an education.
    It is called history and all of your questions can be answered with a quick google search if you are really interested in knowing the truth.
    I doubt you are, you deny this happened at all. Really? Watch the words flow from Clinton's mouth with ease.

Here's some stats from the CRS prepared for Congress 2/2010 (I'm sure you are aware that the death toll still rises) http://www.fas.org/sgp/crs/na...
    and a famous quote:
    "The total military dead in the Iraq war between 2003 and this month (2007) stands at about 3,133. This is tragic, as are all deaths due to war, and we are facing a cowardly enemy unlike any other in our past that hides behind innocent citizens. Each death is blazoned in the headlines of newspapers and Internet sites. What is never compared is the number of military deaths during the Clinton administration: 1,245 in 1993; 1,109 in 1994; 1,055 in 1995; 1,008 in 1996. That’s 4,417 deaths in peacetime but, of course, who’s counting?” — Alicia Colon
  • Dogman Michaelene 2012/08/23 22:50:24
    Dogman
    This was a cool response to your fallacious argument:

"Hmmm....this is a classic case of statistics being used to obfuscate the truth by carefully comparing apples & oranges.

In any population of over 1,000,000 you're going to have deaths by accident that's somewhere around 1,000. During the Clinton administration there were, of course, deaths of servicemembers...but remarkably few of them were combat deaths because although we had plenty of interventions during that period (Haiti, Bosnia, Kosovo etc) we had very light casualties. It hardly seems fair or rational to blame Clinton for all those deaths, or use it to justify the deaths of the current war.

And it seems obvious to me, but Reagan wasn't worse than Clinton because he had more deaths under his administration. The military was significantly larger, so suffered a high number (but probably similar per capita) instances of accidental death. As the military drew down in the "Peace Dividend" era, the number of accidental deaths dropped at the same rate."
  • Michaelene Dogman 2012/08/25 08:43:52
    Michaelene
    The cool factor, oh yeah, that's not funny.
    Clinton reduced the military so wouldn't the military deaths have corresponded?
  • Dogman Michaelene 2012/08/25 14:11:34
    Dogman
    Clinton modernized the military. He realized that we could do more with fewer people by increasing our command of technology.
  • Michaelene Dogman 2012/08/25 14:38:29
    Michaelene
    See your logic doesn't work. Less people less death, no
  • Dogman Michaelene 2012/08/25 15:33:09
    Dogman
    Are you being deliberately silly?
  • FatherL... Dogman 2012/08/17 02:23:03
  • txDON'T... Dogman 2012/08/17 03:48:42 (edited)
    txDON'TMESSw/GOVRickPerry!
    +2
    Uhhh, . . . flawless? Hmmm, . . . who do you think pushed the Global Small Arms Treaty? Guess who her personal assistant is! Hills is in compromised positions and situations on a regular basis.

If you think the Islamic countries imams and mullahs respect a WOMAN, think again. They are laughing behind the USA's back and Barack KNOWS how the males of the Muslim faith regard women.

He can easily go back and undo and redo whatever she did, not a prob. Hardly flawless.
  • Dogman txDON'T... 2012/08/17 08:28:11
    Dogman
    +2
    This is purely conjecture on your part. Can you back up anything that you're saying?
  • txDON'T... Dogman 2012/08/18 15:41:24
    txDON'TMESSw/GOVRickPerry!
    +1
    Google the Islamic males attitude regarding females. They are considered property to be owned and done with as the male sees fit.

Educate yourself.
  • Dogman txDON'T... 2012/08/18 23:31:12
    Dogman
    I'm familiar with Middle Eastern attitudes towards women. What's your point?
  • txDON'T... Dogman 2012/08/19 02:21:40 (edited)
    txDON'TMESSw/GOVRickPerry!
    +2
    My POINT is that Hillary is NOT taken seriously, that's THE point.
  • Dogman txDON'T... 2012/08/19 10:40:47
    Dogman
    Perhaps not by you, but your opinion is of no consequence. She can have an audience with any national leader on the planet any time she wishes.
  • txDON'T... Dogman 2012/08/21 06:43:45
    txDON'TMESSw/GOVRickPerry!
    +1
    SO!!! That does not mean she's taken seriously, only TOLERATED!

You're right, my opinion is of no consequence, but my ability to get the word out there, to the confused masses IS of a GREAT consequence.

Getting someone to grease the noisy clanking of the US Secretary of State is no big deal in the whole scheme of things, surely you know that.

I bet you she CANNOT get an audience with any national leader on the planet any time she wishes. You are whistling Dixie now.
  • Dogman txDON'T... 2012/08/21 10:01:24
    Dogman
    You have an exaggerated view of your own importance.
  • txDON'T... Dogman 2012/08/23 06:58:17
    txDON'TMESSw/GOVRickPerry!
    You have a wonderful life.
  • Dogman txDON'T... 2012/08/23 11:52:17
    Dogman
    Yes, I do! Thanks for reminding me! ;)
  • HappyGuy Welshtaff 2012/08/17 04:31:52
    HappyGuy
    +2
    Has she tried Porn yet ? She might make a good porn star ?
  • Welshtaff HappyGuy 2012/08/17 11:36:53
    Welshtaff
    I have heard and read in a book that she likes women in a sexual manner. I guess Bill can't satisfy her. So to answer your question maybe she has.
  • txDON'T... HappyGuy 2012/08/18 15:42:26
    txDON'TMESSw/GOVRickPerry!
    +2
    That's not an option for Chelsea and you know that.

HappyGuy is NastyGuy.
  • txDON'T... Dogman 2012/08/17 03:46:49
    txDON'TMESSw/GOVRickPerry!
    +2
    I hope she uses her sheepskins for projects outside of politics.
  • Dogman txDON'T... 2012/08/17 08:29:18
    Dogman
    +2
    I'm sure she'll use them for what ever she wants to use them for.
  • Deputy Chief 2012/08/16 22:21:49
    Deputy Chief
    +6
    My daughter was attending Stanford University at the same time that Chelsea was there. Chelsea entered into the pre-med program. Chelsea was unable to handle the curriculum and therefore had to change majors. It was felt by many of the students that attended there that she was accepted into the university because of who she was related to, rather than her academic abilities. Chelsea is not that intelligent, so she might fit in well with all the other liberal politicians who lack brain power.
  • Dogman Deputy ... 2012/08/16 22:31:24 (edited)
    Dogman
    +2
    Right. She has degrees from Stanford, Columbia, and Oxford - three of the top schools in the world. You understand that both of her parents graduated from Yale Law - right? Did you know that Yale Law is the top law school in the country - by far the most difficult law school to get into? It's always amazes me when Liberal politicians are said to "lack brain power". Bush was, in all likelihood, the single least intelligent politician who ever served as president. Regan was not far behind him.
  • Deputy ... Dogman 2012/08/16 22:55:04
    Deputy Chief
    +4
    My daughter knew her personally and Chelsea was NOT very smart, she couldn't hang with the pre-med cirriculum, that is why she changed majors. This is a FACT!!!! Chelsea got into all these top Universities because of who she is related to, NOT because she earned her way there through intelligence, like my daughter did!!!!!The question here pertained to Chelsea not Bush. You must be an Obama worshipper that blames Bush for all his failed policies too.
  • Dogman Deputy ... 2012/08/17 01:15:05
    Dogman
    +1
    She's earning a doctorate at Oxford. Stupid people can't do that. George Bush was a legacy - that's how he got into Andover, Yale, and eventually, Harvard Business School. He was denied entrance to law school. He couldn't even get into U Texas Law after graduating from Yale.
  • Deputy ... Dogman 2012/08/17 03:13:21
    Deputy Chief
    +2
    I don't care about BUSH!!! We are discussing Chelsea Clinton and she is not that bright, she too is being given her degree by virtue of who she is related to. My daughter knows her and she couldn't cut it in the pre-med program at Stanford. That is a FACT!!!!!!!!!! You are defending her without knowing her. I am not saying she is a bad person, just that she has had the priviledge of education because of her heritage and is not being held to the same standards as other students.
  • Dogman Deputy ... 2012/08/17 08:36:32
    Dogman
    +1
    You claim that this is a "FACT!!!!!!!!", but that doesn't make it so. With all due respect to your daughter, the fact that a person changes majors at Stanford, (which I'm taking your word for here), doesn't mean that a person isn't smart. She may have discovered that pre-med wasn't what she wanted to go to school for.

What is a fact is that after Stanford she graduated from Columbia and then from Oxford. Another fact is that these are three of the best schools on the planet.
  • Deputy ... Dogman 2012/08/17 15:56:00 (edited)
    Deputy Chief
    Stanford is one of the top academic Universities that accept only the highest of intelligent students. Chelsea was discussed (talked about) by many of the students at Stanford about how she was of inferior intellect compared to other students there. I am not telling you that with any partison intent just that it is FACT!!!! Chelsea was able to attend the best Universities because of her heritage, not because of inherent intelligence. According to other Stanford students, she was substantially inferior. Sorry this information is so difficult for you to accept.
  • Dogman Deputy ... 2012/08/17 20:37:30
    Dogman
    It's not difficult to accept given that it's coming from you. (My apologies - I didn't realize that English was not your native language). You have your opinion, as do your daughter and her friends. Please remember, these are opinions, not facts.

The actual facts are that Chelsea has graduated from Stanford, Columbia, and Oxford. Another fact is that she is currently working on a doctoral degree at Oxford.
  • Deputy ... Dogman 2012/08/17 21:35:41 (edited)
    Deputy Chief
    There is nothing wrong with my ablities to speak English, I am sorry you feel the need to ridicule it. Actually my ability to communicate appears to be superior to yours. You can revere Chelsea Clinton all you want, I just find it hypocritical that you criticize others such as Bush from having family influence for attending and graduating from prestigious schools as well, yet fail to acknowledge Chelsea's familial influence.
  • Dogman Deputy ... 2012/08/17 23:37:30
    Dogman
    I don't revere Chelsea. I've just noted her accomplishments at this point in her young life. If she enters public life, and makes a fool of herself many times over, as Bush did, then you will be vindicated.
  • Deputy ... Dogman 2012/08/18 03:12:47 (edited)
    Deputy Chief
    You do not know Bush like I know Chelsea, Big difference! You are a HUGE hypocrite! I have personal knowledge, something YOU do not have! I need NO vindication from you. But I guess Bill Clinton NEVER made a perverted fool of himself did he? Put your cigar where he did!

2014/09/01 11:59:48