Check Out The Video: A Short But Very Informative Take On The Importance Of Contraceptives & Why Its Use Is Not Just About Birth Control!

Keeping It Real 2012/08/05 14:16:14
WDBD (We Don't Back Down)
The message in the web ad is on point and informative!
The web ad present a great counter argument to those who pretend contraceptives is just about birth controls!
Women having access to contraceptives is a right not a luxury!
It's fair that contraceptives are included as apart of women healthcare Insurance!

• Marie-Jacqueline 2012/08/05 15:52:39
    Marie-Jacqueline
    +8
    It is to the point and informative for the US.

I find it sad that it is necessary in the US to a have to inform people about what in The Netherlands is considered common sense.
    That is thaught in school and by parents and is commonly accepted.

• Avenged7 2012/08/09 15:57:51
    Avenged7
    +1
    I've always thought that the people who are against contraceptives are the same ones who are against abortions. That ideology seems to to fight against each other. Anyway the people who claim the government is taking away their freedom of religion by forcing the contraception law in the Romney/Obama health care law. but these same people are forcing their employees into what their religious beliefs are!! What kind of hypocrisy is that????????
  • findthelight2000 2012/08/06 18:06:34
    findthelight2000
    +1
    Great message. I hope they can get enough money to play it a few times on National television.
  • Fenabarb 2012/08/06 14:33:14
    Fenabarb
    +1
    great video - love the graphics
  • nothingbutthetruth 2012/08/06 02:43:26
    nothingbutthetruth
    +3
    Contraceptives been around for as long as I know it. Republicans are making this look like it just begins since President Obama took office. It's all about politics. And by the way the bible say and I quote, "woe unto the woman that is with child in the last days." So, how do a woman avoid that "WOE" if contraceptive had to remove from the market. Or people can't afford to pay for it. Then it will be many women will face the woes God spoke about.
  • luvguins 2012/08/06 02:22:37
    luvguins
    +4
    Excellent! Contraception will be vital to population control over the next 50-100 years.
  • blissful 2012/08/06 02:07:50
    blissful
    +3
    If America doesn't want an over-populated society or anymore unwanted Abortions, then Contraception should be apart of Healthcare..
  • SteamTrunkDolly 2012/08/06 01:57:39
    It's fair that contraceptives are included as apart of women healthcare Insur...
    SteamTrunkDolly
    +2
    The video is well done, however, religious groups will continue to fight birth control every step of the way... so it's my opinion is that "information & education" on the subject it not the issue at hand. "Politically"
  • poet4justice 2012/08/06 00:20:17
    poet4justice
    +3
    all of the above
  • ETpro 2012/08/05 23:48:48
    ETpro
    +3
    Republicans can't declare war on women's health care and pay equity rights, then make the charge go away by denying they are doing what they are obviously doing, or by choosing a woman as a candidate here or there, or whatever other window dressing they trot out to cover up their actions. Actions speak louder than words.
  • Lefty 2012/08/05 22:54:54
    The web ad present a great counter argument to those who pretend contraceptiv...
    Lefty
    +3
    Great points of interest.
  • disclaimer 2012/08/05 22:10:39
    disclaimer
    +3
    Unfortunately, it's not going to convince the misogynists out there.
  • umapathy Krishnamurthy 2012/08/05 21:24:48
    umapathy Krishnamurthy
    +2
    No comment
  • david abe 2012/08/05 21:14:14
    david abe
    +1
    Contraception is widely available at reasonable prices and free at many clinics; as it is,health insurance is going destroy many jobs especially the beginning and low skilled.
  • Bilingual required sucks 2012/08/05 21:07:48
    Bilingual required sucks
    +2
    And ad about common sense, Sad that it is necessary, it indicates a backward third world society.
  • Ozymandias 2012/08/05 20:56:33
    Ozymandias
    +3
    This I think should be subsidized. If the geniuses on the hill spent as much time worrying about the economy and unemployment as they do what goes on in a woman's uterus or between two gay folks, we'd be out of the recession a long time ago.
  • Daniel O'Hern 2012/08/05 20:02:37
    Daniel O'Hern
    +2
    In Japan there is a condom dispenser next to every soda machine. You can down a coke but don't go down without protection
  • Keeping... Daniel ... 2012/08/05 20:20:04 (edited)
    Keeping It Real
    +2
    That's obviously wasn't the case when your mamma conceived you and if she could have seen into the future and found that you would turn out as a human to be a opponent of women not having contraceptive included in their health care plan, she probably would have used one. You're a perfect example of why all women must have access to birth controls.
    dog fetching a ball
  • joseph digristina 2012/08/05 19:51:11
  • nothing... joseph ... 2012/08/06 02:46:34
    nothingbutthetruth
    +2
    I know.
    +2
    Goods are not rights. That ad tries to justify highway robbery, which is impossible.
  • ruru 2012/08/05 18:45:07
    ruru
    +2
    The ad should have mentioned the prevention of herpes and gential warts by use of condoms as well as birth control pills. Some young women do not get enough information about stds to know how dangerous they can be, even leading to cancer.
  • Marie-J... ruru 2012/08/06 14:26:03
    Marie-Jacqueline
    +2
    I considered that also but didn't add it to my answer because the add was about contraceptives, why and how to use them etc.

You are very right about safe-sex!
    However include the act responsable part of the male also into it.
    It is not only a female responsability
  • ruru Marie-J... 2012/08/07 02:26:04
    ruru
    +2
    But it is the female who might get cervical cancer.
  • Marie-J... ruru 2012/08/07 22:21:12
    Marie-Jacqueline
    Isn't it so that both mail and female can get all kinds of STD's when not having safe sex!
    Some illnessess that can be as serious as cervical cancer.
  • John Hall 2012/08/05 18:27:35
    John Hall
    +2
    I'm all for contraceptives for both men and woman but if you need them buy it yourself or go to the health department or planned parenthood . The tax payer shouldnt pay for people to protect themselves to have sex .
  • ruru John Hall 2012/08/05 18:46:57
    ruru
    +1
    Where do you think the health department and planned parenthood get their money?
  • John Hall ruru 2012/08/06 14:47:49
    John Hall
    Your right my bad I thanks .
  • Pat 2012/08/05 18:18:37 (edited)
    +3
    This really is a no-brainer and I don't understand the big hullabaloo in Congress over this issue. Not having contraceptives available to women would place more women and children in poverty, risk the lives of women and their unborn children and add to an already overpopulated America. Contraception should be available to all women. I think the ad is very informative, on point and quite convincing. But I think some people will never be convinced.
  • Huntclan 2012/08/05 18:12:24
    Huntclan
    +2
    Where to start?

They want to "take the politics out of contraception" yet they are politicizing it. Weird huh? I thought Liberals wanted the Government out of people's bedrooms.

Nobody wants Women "not" to have Birth Control, people just want Government out of the business of telling people what they must pay for. ObamaCare has passed as a Tax, which is bad enough, but now the Government wants EVERYBODY to pay for Contraception.

1. If a Health Insurance Company can save money by providing Contraception, why don't they? Maybe some do and maybe some don't?
    2. If a woman "can't" take the pill (for health or other reasons), why must she be penalized?
    3. Why aren't condoms, IUDs, vasectomies, sterilizations and other methods not mandated by the Government?
    4. Do Muslims use contraception?
    5. Shouldn't "all" forms of Birth Control be covered under "preventive women's health care?"

Please answer these questions off the top of my head while I think of some more.

Thanks.
  • #Justice4Trayvon 629 BLOCKT... 2012/08/05 18:12:20
    #Justice4Trayvon 629 BLOCKT CONS
    +3
    It covered nearly every point I could think of.
  • pantagruella 2012/08/05 18:03:09
    pantagruella
    Contraception is a concept that divides people bitterly in the States and other countries. Usually I have decided opinions on things, but this issue doesn't speak to me however cogent the arguments are. Like abortion, it's an issue that's never touched my life or the life of anyone I know. If people want to argue about this, let them. I can't get enthused.
  • Nameless 2012/08/05 17:36:48
    Nameless
    +5
    I once started hemorrhaging and the pill (or a slew of them in hospitalization) saved my life. It also held my endometriosis at bay for a long time - until I had to have an hysterectomy when I was 30 and an oophrectomy a month later. Thank goodness we had insurance to cover everything. I still suffer from the effects of endometriosis, but it would have spread much further had I not been on the pill.
  • nothing... Nameless 2012/08/06 02:48:30
    nothingbutthetruth
    +2
    I am sorry to hear that, but I am also happy that the pills help you.
  • Nameless nothing... 2012/08/06 14:19:19 (edited)
    Nameless
    +2
    Thank you. I misstated and wrote that I had to have my oophrectomy a month later. I meant a year later.

It's amazing how ignorant some are regarding why they pill is used - in varying circumstances and how it saves lives. Also, if I had not been given the pill when I was hemorrhaging, I would have never been able to have my second child - because they wanted to do an hysterectomy. (I was only 24 at that time).
  • nothing... Nameless 2012/08/08 06:29:41
    nothingbutthetruth
    +1
    You're very welcome, and yes, you are absolutely right about that.
  • trentinafur 2012/08/05 17:33:31
    trentinafur
    +7
    it's sad when fundamentalist religious dogma clouds people's minds to the point where they cannot understand - or won't even hear - the common sense truth presented in this video.
  • nothing... trentin... 2012/08/06 02:47:54
    nothingbutthetruth
    +3
    I know.
  • jubil8 BN-0 PON 2012/08/05 16:49:52
    jubil8 BN-0 PON
    +7
    Great video --the Guttmacher Institute does some good stuff.
  • ehrhornp 2012/08/05 16:37:40
    ehrhornp
    +7
    Shame republicans prefer abortions over family planning.
    +6
    EXCELLENT Short but direct.

2014/04/20 18:37:50