CBS NEWS: Gender Pay Gap is a Complete Myth according to reserch: Are radical Feminist groups sexist for continuing to push a lie?

CAPISCE 2012/08/18 12:53:25
YES
no
According to all the media headlines about a new White House report, there's still a big pay gap between men and women in America. The report found that women earn 75 cents for every dollar men make. Sounds pretty conclusive, doesn't it? Well, it's not. It's misleadingite your According to highly acclaimed career expert and best-selling author, Marty Nemko, "The data is clear that for the same work men and women are paid roughly the same. The media need to look beyond the claims of feminist organizations."

On a radio talk show, Nemko clearly and forcefully debunked that ultimate myth - that women make less than men - by explaining why, when you compare apples to apples, it simply isn't true. Even the White House report: Women in America: Indicators of Social and Economic Well-Being explains why. Simply put, men choose higher-paying jobs.
opinion here...are 8 reasons why the widely accepted and reported concept that women are paid less than men is a myth. The timing couldn't be better - today's International Women's Day 2011. What better time to empower women with the truth instead of treating them like victims. And, in case you're wondering, Nemko's source of information is primarily the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics - rock solid.

Why the Gender Pay Gap is a Complete Myth

Men are far more likely to choose careers that are more dangerous, so they naturally pay more. Top 10 most dangerous jobs (from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics): Fishers, loggers, aircraft pilots, farmers and ranchers, roofers, iron and steel workers, refuse and recyclable material collectors, industrial machinery installation and repair, truck drivers, construction laborers. They're all male-dominated jobs.
far more likely to work in higher-paying fields and occupations (by choice). According to the White House report, "In 2009, only 7 percent of female professionals were employed in the relatively high paying computer and engineering fields, compared with 38 percent of male professionals." Professional women, on the other hand, are far more prevalent "in the within the same career category, men are more likely to pursue high-stress and higher-paid areas of specialization. For example, within the medical profession, men gravitate to relatively high-stress and high-paying areas of specialization, like surgery, while women are more likely to pursue relatively lower-paid areas of specialization like pediatrician or dentist.

Despite all of the above, unmarried women who've never had a child actually earn more than unmarried men, according to Nemko and data compiled relatively low-paying education and health care occupations."argue with Nemko's position which, simply put, is this: When women make the same career choices as men, they earn the same amount as men. As far as I'm concerned, this is one myth that has been officially and completely busted. Maybe you should celebrate International Women's Day 2011 by empowering women with the truth instead of treating them like victims ... which they're not kind enought to send me a link to "An Analysis of Reasons for the Disparity in Wages Between Men and Women" prepared, under contract, for the U.S. Department of Labor in 1/09:

"This study leads to the unambiguous conclusion that the differences in the compensation of men and women are the result of a multitude of factors and that the raw wage gap should not be used as the basis to justify corrective action. Indeed, there may be nothing to correct. The differences in raw wages may be almost entirely the result of the individual choices being made by both male and female workers

• cora.newbold.7 2013/10/11 18:15:09
    YES
    cora.newbold.7
    +1
    Radical Feminist groups are guilty for pushing A LOT of lies not JUST the pay gap. I believe that information can be distorted by whomever is investing to have it done, in order to present a myth. Plus, by not presenting the FULL truth you are also lying.
  • sunniday 2012/08/21 02:01:58
    YES
    sunniday
    +1
    A lot has been done over the years,There are more women being appointed to supervisory positions but they must work harder to get there & be more acessable to their higher ups than men,but once there, their money is good.
  • James 2012/08/19 15:49:02
  • CAPISCE James 2012/08/19 15:55:17
    CAPISCE
    Unless you agree with the Research
  • James CAPISCE 2012/08/19 15:57:56
    James
    lol and why would I do that? I've learned in my old age that research can always be construed to present the facts that have been predetermined by the presenter. I've seen for myself that working hard and working smart always pay off better than just being born with a certain quality about you.
  • CAPISCE James 2012/08/19 17:57:08
    CAPISCE
    CBS is a Liberal organization
  • James CAPISCE 2012/08/19 20:22:57
    James
    +1
    self explanatory then right?
  • YES
    One of Y'shua's,דָּנִיֵּאל
    +1
    YES and WORSE....
  • Don Leuty 2012/08/19 05:43:24
    YES
    Don Leuty
    +1
    If anything, women have been bumped up in a form of self-imposed affirmative action.
  • Meagan 2012/08/18 17:15:35
    YES
    Meagan
    +2
    I don't understand women. They just can't accept that we AREN'T equal and we CAN'T do the same things a man can. I can say the same for men not being able to do the things a woman can. As far is pay is concerned, for the most part I would say it's performance based. The male dominated fields that are dangerous get more pay, I wouldn't want it any other way. I make more money than my fellow employees male and female. Why? I bust my ass and they don't.
  • JET 2012/08/18 16:03:21
    no
    JET
    +1
    They just enjoy being victims. You get alot more face time on camera that way.
  • heirsoftheking 2012/08/18 14:55:54
    YES
    heirsoftheking
    +2
    Just do your job. Let the job performance speak for itself.
  • CAPISCE heirsof... 2012/08/18 15:02:54
    CAPISCE
    +1
    Now that is a real Feminist statement by a confident woman--Hats off to you
  • heirsof... CAPISCE 2012/08/19 21:58:29
    heirsoftheking
    :)
  • Cat 2012/08/18 14:53:03
    YES
    Cat
    +1
    Sexism is in retreat in the West. We need to pay attention to other places and other countries, Arabia comes to mind first.
  • Kane Fernau 2012/08/18 14:42:01
    YES
    Kane Fernau
    +4
    You can't spell liberal without L-I-A-R..
    YES
    +3
    And Radical Feminist 's are Marxists and will push anything to further their Master's (White Democrat Men) agenda.................
  • OPOA912 2012/08/18 14:05:58
    YES
    OPOA912
    +3
    Any lie for the purpose of gaining control or pushing an adgenda is wrong. Regardless of who's doing it, or the issue. If you lie, you lose all credibility.
  • Diane Spraggs Yates 2012/08/18 13:34:50
    YES
    Diane Spraggs Yates
    +1
    It plays to women voters makes them victims then in the book of Rules for Radicals you use them to re-elect Obama !!!!!!
  • CAPISCE Diane S... 2012/08/18 14:29:36
    CAPISCE
    +3
    "War on Women" more like "War on intelligence"
  • Diane S... CAPISCE 2012/08/18 14:33:13
    Diane Spraggs Yates
    +1
    I am a 65 yr old woman and I am standing for R & R and not all women are Libs !!!!!! Like Debbie from Florida the Democractic idoit !!!!!
  • CAPISCE Diane S... 2012/08/18 14:35:54
    CAPISCE
    +1
    I said "Radical Feminist groups" not women. Did you ever see those um, eh, well, "women"? trust me most are really not real women at all
  • Diane S... CAPISCE 2012/08/18 14:46:00
    Diane Spraggs Yates
    Yeah not real women !!!!!! Rosie O'Donald Rosann Barr Rachel Maddow ect
  • ģhøṡτ øώl 2012/08/18 13:24:58
    YES
    ģhøṡτ øώl
    +2
    Of course they are. Human hypocrisy knows NO BOUNDS and people routinely make sure to walk around and step across the lines that they were rabidly telling others not to cross.
    YES
    +2
    Well maybe not a 'lie' but using data badly - rather than compare apples to apples (jobs to jobs); they distort the numbers by putting a sales clerk in with a CEO - just plain bad data comparisons. The sad thing is the number of women who take the information at face value and do not look past the headline.

The data does indeed support the claim that men and women are actually paid about the same for the same job. Myth busted.
  • CAPISCE 2012/08/18 12:57:21
  • HOMBRE 2012/08/18 12:57:13
    YES
    HOMBRE
    +2
    Obama people are all about the lies;-)
  • Kat ♪ ~BTO-t-BCRA-F~ ♪ 2012/08/18 12:55:10
    YES
    Kat ♪ ~BTO-t-BCRA-F~ ♪
    +2
    Definitely

2014/10/26 08:44:23