Castro & Obama To Meet At Guantanamo: Will good come of this?

Mr. T 2008/11/26 21:46:21
Yes. Obama and Castro should meet at Gitmo.
No. If Obama meets with Castro, things will only get worse.
I'm not sure how I feel about Obama and Castro meeting at Guantanamo Bay.
Raul Castro, younger brother to Fidel Castro, and president of Cuba, has agreed to meet with Barack Obama under certain conditions. Those conditions were that Obama and Castro must meet on neutral territory such as the naval base at Guantanamo Bay. The deal was struck during an interview Castro had with Sean Penn in Havana. Castro said that meeting in Washington would be bad for him, and meeting in Cuba would be unfair for Obama; therefore Castro chose Gitmo as a suitable meeting place.

Barack Obama said he is willing to meet with Castro, and that as soon as he is inaugurated, Obama will lift restrictions on family travel and remittances to Cuba. However, Obama said he will not discuss lifting the embargo until Cuba releases the 219 US political prisoners.

If, and when Raul Castro and Barack Obama meet at Guantanamo Bay, do you think good will come from their meeting?

• Gracie - Proud Conservative 2008/11/26 23:39:11
    Gracie - Proud Conservative
    +11
    Maybe they can meet with the prisoners there and they can all get together and sing kumbaya! Perhaps he should choose Sean Penn as Secretary of State and Michael Moore as ambassador to Cuba.

• brotherplease 2009/06/23 17:54:34
    brotherplease
    all Cuba has to do is release it's political prisoners and we will release the 5 cuban spies here in the US. then we can talk
  • ivan 2009/04/18 02:48:14
    ivan
    Then we could test some new weapons
  • Twitch 2009/03/10 22:49:22
    Twitch
    I Hope Everything Goes Well
  • Roxi 2009/01/23 03:37:06 (edited)
    Roxi
    +2
    The only thing I can think of is that he is probably going to ask Castro to take some of the prisoners from Gitmo. I can't believe that this man is planning to release dangerous terrorists with NO concrete plan as to what to do with them so he would try to unload them on someone else! But, as I recall Castro did this to us--remember the Mariel Boatlift when Castro emptied his jails and sent all his criminals over here and Carter let them all in? Well, I guess this is payback time! Time to play "musical terrorists". This is bizarre! Another example of "Obama in Wonderland" Yes We Can!!!! LMAO!!
  • OneWorl... Roxi 2009/03/03 06:09:11
    OneWorldGovernment
    I agree...he will get to hug his "brothers." YES WE CAN release you....while Pelosi jumps up and down applauding with her Pop Goes the Weasel Wrench move.
  • No More Commies 2009/01/19 06:36:54
    No More Commies
    +2
    These two Communists need to sit down and have a cigar. I'm sure Castro will be happy to have another Communist leader to visit with. They can figure out how many patriots Obama can put in that detention center. Then have a cigar and toast 'Death to Democracy'

Partners in crime. The two guys that destroyed Americas economy.

cigar toast death democracy partners crime guys destroyed americas economy

Clinton forced our companies to compete with 5 cent an hour labor.
    Obama forced our banks to make bad loans.
  • vin 2009/01/10 17:32:36
  • ken 2009/01/10 15:02:53
  • shaggy 2009/01/10 02:21:24
    shaggy
    +2
    The only good thing that can come out of this would be the end of the ban on Havana Cigars. However, since Obama is a Liberal anti-tobacco cry baby, that ain't gonna happen.
    Perhaps the people of Cuba will revolt, and string up the Fabulous Castro Boys; then Obama can witness what has been known to happen to Socialist Presidents who get too big for their britches.
  • vin shaggy 2009/01/15 03:26:14
  • shaggy vin 2009/01/17 16:28:21
    shaggy
    Hear, hear. Well said. Our new regime will undoubtedly swerve us further to the left unless "we the people" do our darndest to, at minimum, hold them where we are now.
  • Pilot Bill 2009/01/08 01:10:09
  • artist1963-Progressive Patr... 2009/01/08 00:55:18
    artist1963-Progressive Patriot for Change
    +1
    It sure can't hurt and will be a real test of Obama's pledge to meet with leaders of other countries "with conditions" so he is making good at this being his first effort. Maybe they can reach an agreement and will make our relations with Cuba less strained. I am very interested in the outcome and what they'll decide to do abut the detainees there.
  • James1960 2008/12/03 03:19:05
    James1960
    +2
    Welcome to the United Socialist States of America.

That will be our new sign at all border crossings!
  • sherry 2008/12/02 21:41:06
    sherry
    +3
    If good comes from any meeting involving Obama it will be by the Grace of God.
  • poet4justice 2008/12/02 21:08:14
    poet4justice
    +1
    yes and it should be his first foreign affair victory
  • Liza 2008/12/02 20:13:40
    Liza
    +1
    I don't know enough about him to make a comment.
  • winner2winner 2008/12/02 19:47:26
    winner2winner
    +1
    what on earth prevents the U.S. from doing business with Cuba? we do business with so-called enemies much bigger than cuba. china is no friend of ours, and we borrow money from china like there is no tomorrow. i am so scared of that debt that shades of the greedy banker in "it's a wonderful life" haunt me when i think of the possibility of china "calling in" our debt. the question is really how do we feel about china ultimately owning us if we cannot repay. remember that china does not peg its money to any standard. what they say it's worth is what they say it's worth.
    can cuba do that much damage to us?
  • Phantom is loved by Stormy! 2008/12/02 14:28:34
    Phantom is loved by Stormy!
    +1
    Here comes the "change" we've been hearing about, I guess. Though, I'm not liking the idea of lifting the restrictions on family travel and remittances to Cuba. This has the potential for Cuba to take more US prisoners written all over it. If I were him, I'd hold such announcement until things are straightened out with Castro.
  • belle 2008/12/02 02:42:20
    belle
    +2
    Obama needs to get some experience before meeting with someone of this nature. This is to important of a matter to just up and do it. Obama needs someone beside Sean Penn involved in setting up this type of meeting. So just cool your heels Obama and don't get the US into more trouble by starting right off doing things you will regret later.
  • Slayer 2008/12/01 23:13:14
    Slayer
    +2
    he's going to start a nuclear war with cuba
  • chinook4 2008/12/01 03:50:31
    chinook4
    +2
    If they meet Obama will shut down Gitmo and the US will have to bring the prisoners to the US for trial. The ACLU will stick it's ugly head into the trials and force the US to give away military secrets. Obam is not fgood for this country.
  • Anne 2008/11/30 21:44:42
    Anne
    +1
    I would think they would get along famously, since they agree on so many issues. I'm not sure it will be good for American, however.
  • 618346 ... Anne 2008/11/30 22:10:39
    618346 aka...lonenoncom
    Could you sight one area that they agree upon?
  • Anne 618346 ... 2008/12/02 00:40:16 (edited)
    Anne
    +1
    Certainly. They agree upon the fact that the government should have a 'private' police force, separate from the military. They agree upon the fact that government should control health care, not the private sector. They agree upon the fact that there should be a leveling of the economic field and 'the wealth spread around'(with the exception of their own standard of living, of course).
  • Done with Sodahead! 2008/11/30 05:59:41
    Done with Sodahead!
    +1
    NO NO NO! And have Castro kill Obama....that means that Biden would be the president and he is scarier than Obama.
  • chinook4 Done wi... 2008/12/01 03:52:14
    chinook4
    +1
    I don't believe Biden is scarier than Obama,Obama is the worst I have seen
  • Done wi... chinook4 2008/12/01 18:00:03
    Done with Sodahead!
    Yeah, I see your point. Obama is just more suave. Biden is just so outspoken about his liberal thoughts. They both scare me!
  • Broadsword 2008/11/30 03:34:23
    Broadsword
    +2
    If Raul comes to Gitmo, then we can waterboard the SOB and throw him in a nice cell with some Islamic terrorists and they can compare their social skills in the new world order.
  • Thcmas 2008/11/30 03:31:16
    Thcmas
    +2
    I think Obama, Castro and Chavez should all get together hold hands and plan the new world order. I love socialist assholes and I would hate to see an armed gunman break into the room with way too many clips full of ammo. It would be a pity.
  • Formulablinta 2008/11/29 09:46:32
    Formulablinta
    +3
    meet Raul?? why???
  • Skullcrusher 2008/11/29 07:45:01
  • Rah 2008/11/29 04:58:11 (edited)
    Rah
    +2
    I really don't care how such a meeting would get set up (everyone is going to be all over the Sean Penn thing). The important thing is that we stop living in the 1960's. One person's idea of "cavorting with dictators" is another person's, "let's find some common ground here and move forward." Perhaps we can have a positive influence on that county. We have seen some amazing things in our lifetimes and those that don't think progressively would have us stuck where we are. (I didn't hear any right wingers crying when the Berlin Wall came down, anything is possible.) Face it, Barack Obama may be able to acomplish things this country never dreamed of (maybe not). But for God's sake stop your hatred and misguided drivel and use your heads for something other then a hat racks. If you love this country and want to spread democracy, it isn't through the politics of late. Hey maybe we won't have to go through Jamaica anymore to go to Cuba. I'm cool with that.drivel heads hat racks love country spread democracy politics late
  • Michele Rah 2008/12/01 16:37:06
    Michele
    I agree lets work together for a better outcome
  • Mava 2008/11/29 02:31:45
    Mava
    +2
    YES !!
  • MEMM 2008/11/28 16:52:25
    MEMM
    +2
    Where this a priority today, I'm sure that such a meeting is not on the table. This new administration's priorities are focused primarily on saving the economy. I suppose we have to keep ourselves entertained until Jan 20th. Come on people, let focus our energies on what we can do to help. go to change.gov and put in your 2 cents, or better yet, step up and jump "in" to the process of working together to make this country as good as its promise. Cuba is not the priority. America is!
  • barkbar... MEMM 2008/11/28 17:26:23 (edited)
    barkbark-247
    +2
    Obama the marxist will have more New B.F. for ever, since this piece of work hangs with them..... obama muslim terrorist scumbag hangs
  • 618346 ... barkbar... 2008/11/28 17:44:02 (edited)
    618346 aka...lonenoncom
    +3
    Funny it was an Ambassador appointee of President Regan that appointed Obama to the same board that Bill Ayers Chaired. Ayers had been appointed to that chair again by a friend of the Bush and Regan families., Ambassador Annenberg. Matter of fact Annenberg was 1st named Ambassor by Nixon.

There were several Republican that work right along with Ayers on the board, I guess they are terrorist, TOO.

Damn that Ronald Regan, that appointed thoses GOP terrorist to work with Bill Ayers on that committee council.

Sometimes, I am amazed at the stupidity displayed on these boards. Then there that study that said that the average score by voters on a civic test was only 49%. Better yet, elected officals tested scored lower at 44%.
  • Ric O'S... barkbar... 2008/11/29 04:50:12
  • Rah barkbar... 2008/11/29 05:00:49
    Rah
    +1
    Bullshit

2014/09/02 09:39:13