Carter Accuses U.S. Government of Human Rights Violations?

~ The Rebel ~ 2012/06/28 05:23:29

You know liberals really hate you when President Jimmy Carter accuses you of human rights violations.

This time, however, the country’s “best ex-president” (and aren’t we all glad) vented his spleen at President Obama.

The president whose term was marked by the Iran Hostage Crisis and an economy that popularized the term “malaise,” yet who won a Nobel Peace Prize for finding solutions to international crises and promoting economic development, accused Obama of promoting “widespread abuse of human rights” by using drones to strike terrorist targets in Afghanistan and elsewhere.

Carter also chastised Obama for keeping open the terrorist holding facility at Guantanamo Bay, a prison so politically correct that it has been nicknamed “Club Gitmo.”

But Carter still wasn’t done, blasting the Obama administration for “unprecedented violations of our rights to privacy through warrantless wiretapping and government mining of our electronic communications.”

Wiretapping has increased under Obama, according to Justice Department figures, with 1,745 warrants sought in 2011. Also under this administration, the National Security Administration is building the country’s biggest electronic spying center in Utah.

Carter also ripped the government for the recent passage in the House of a law that would allow the indefinite detention of terror suspects including U.S. citizens, complaining that it violates the right to “free expression.”

Read More: http://patriotupdate.com/articles/carter-accuses-u...

• KrSpo 2012/06/28 17:08:09
    KrSpo
    +1
    But the USA is guilty of human rights violations. By having Black Prisons in other nations so that we can water-board every prisoner there, we in fact have committed human rights violations. No amount of "But them thar terrorest are a huntin' up a plan to bomm we'uns.." is no defense to the fact that we have and probably still are committing terrible offenses against others and violating their human rights. Our history of Human Rights Violations go much further back than Obama, Bush, Reagan, Carter, hell even Madison. The next time you feel completely righteous about American, Think about the Trail of Tears. I am sure the Native Americans do.
  • irish 2012/06/28 12:50:00
  • matt 2012/06/28 09:28:00
    matt
    +1
    I was too young so I don't remember why Carter didn't do well with his policies.. I think he is a good man but not sure I agree with everything he said I would rather have more drones and less feet on the ground. Of course I don't think we need a big presence in other countries and just need to protect our own. I mean we are broke and still want to act like we are rich.
  • KingdomNow 2012/06/28 08:29:57
    KingdomNow
    +2
    Carter is correct in this assessment.

Reagan opposed political assassination in any form.
  • KrSpo KingdomNow 2012/06/28 17:10:11
    KrSpo
    Yet Reagan was all for black ops insertions and straw purchases of weapons to nations in south and central america that killed 10's of thousands. Go figure, right?
  • KingdomNow KrSpo 2012/07/16 08:25:17
    KingdomNow
    +1
    If you are talking about Reagan supporting Freedom Fighters, what's your point?
  • KrSpo KingdomNow 2012/07/16 13:29:28
    KrSpo
    One man's terrorist is another's freedom fighter. Funny how when we arm people to slaughter their own and over turn a government it is 'for the good of the people'
  • KingdomNow KrSpo 2012/07/16 13:43:32
    KingdomNow
    +1
    I served in the US military in South and Central America during the Cold War and you'd sing another tune if you saw the suffering caused by Socialist dictators.

Too many Americans have forgotten about the billions of people who once suffered under totalitarians that were toppled due to Reagan's efforts.
  • KrSpo KingdomNow 2012/07/16 13:44:47
    KrSpo
    And too many have forgotten the governments propped up by Reagan tha shouldn't have been allowed to rule
  • KingdomNow KrSpo 2012/07/16 13:47:50
    KingdomNow
    +1
    Really? Could you name any?
  • KrSpo KingdomNow 2012/07/16 13:52:19
    KrSpo
    Yeah, Egypt, Syria, Iraq, Jordan, Israel, Turkey ... All have a very long list of human rights violations under their belts, but then again most tyrants could care less about Human Rights.
  • KingdomNow KrSpo 2012/07/16 15:50:47
    KingdomNow
    +1
    Human rights is merely an opinion.

The US never propped up any of these regimes.
    The US did adhere to its treaties as approved by Congress.

Do you actually blame Reagan as the sole individual who kept the governments of these sovereign nation from collapsing?
    These countries were far more stable during the 1980s and didn't need to be propped up by anybody.
  • KrSpo KingdomNow 2012/07/16 16:01:15 (edited)
    KrSpo
    Yeah, we have been propping up those regimes. Who do you think allowed Saddam, Mubarak, and Bashar to take control in the first place. Hell, we even put Kaddafi in power.
  • KingdomNow KrSpo 2012/07/16 19:43:03
    KingdomNow
    +1
    Saddam and Mubarak were elected and no, the US did not put Khaddafi in power.
  • KrSpo KingdomNow 2012/07/16 20:02:17
    KrSpo
    "In 1957 at the age of 20 Hussein joined the Baath Party - a movement founded by two Syrians in the early 1940s. It's ideology combined elements of Arab nationalism, anti-imperialism and socialism and were strongly opposed to the Iraqi Communist Party - which was largest in the Arab world. Evidence suggests that Hussein was already working as a CIA agent in 1958, and that he may well have recruited by them in the previous year. There was no way the the US or the U.K. was ever going to allow a popular and secular Communist party to come to power - or allow any leftist government in Iraq. 4 years earlier, in August 1953, the CIA and MI6 in operation TPAJAX deposed the moderate Iranian government of Mohammad Mossadeq and installed the brutal Shah dictatorship.According to The Secret of the Iranian Coup, 1953:

The CIA extensively stage-managed the entire coup, not only carrying it out but also preparing the groundwork for it by subordinating various important Iranian political actors and using propaganda and other instruments to influence public opinion against Mossadeq."

"Washington threw its weight behind the Hosni Mubarak regime for over three decades but now claims to support Egypt's transition to democracy. "

ignore the video, read the text. http://presstv.com/detail/201...
  • Quinni 2012/06/28 07:57:44
    Quinni
    +1
    I actually agree with Carter on this one... thats a first....go figure

My peanut has a first name, It's J-I-M-M-Y
    My peanut has a second name it C-A-R-T-E-R
    Oh I love to see him every day and if you ask me why I'll say...
    Cause Jimmy Carter has a way of messing up the U S A

sorry, needed to get that out of my system...
  • Jiorgia 2012/06/28 07:48:35
    Jiorgia
    +2
    I agree with Carter.
  • Inquisitve Kat 2012/06/28 07:37:22
    Inquisitve Kat
    +4
    The US government is too obsessed with terror. I agree with Carter.
  • kir 2012/06/28 07:23:37
    kir
    +3
    People wanted hope and change; they got more of the same.
  • Heffeweizen 2012/06/28 06:44:34
    Heffeweizen
    +2
    Poor Jimmy must be feeling irrelevant again. It must really be sad times for Obama when he is chastised by the former worst President ever. Maybe Carter is just overjoyed at the realization that he's no longer the worst?
  • KrSpo Heffewe... 2012/06/28 17:11:04
    KrSpo
    Carter the worst? Quantify that please.
  • Heffewe... KrSpo 2012/06/29 03:16:33
    Heffeweizen
    +1
    Seriously? You were alive at the time.
  • KrSpo Heffewe... 2012/06/29 03:18:43
    KrSpo
    Yeah, I was born during the Nixon administration
  • Magnus ☮ RP ☮ 2012 ☮ 2012/06/28 05:55:56
    Magnus ☮ RP ☮ 2012 ☮
    +2
    I agree with this part, in full:

Except for the part about the "free expression"... NDAA 2012 doesn't have anything to do with that, it actually violates Amendment 4 and Amendment 5 and so much more than that!
  • T A 2012/06/28 05:51:06
    T A
    +2
    At least there's one democrat who says it. Now how will their rank and file respond?
  • Magnus ... T A 2012/06/28 05:57:22
    Magnus ☮ RP ☮ 2012 ☮
    +2
    They're still too drunk or hungover on 'hope and change' ('FORWARD' now): they're not.
  • Dan 2012/06/28 05:40:39
    Dan
    Leave it to Carter to criticize the few things the president is doing right. He should stick to building houses.
  • stevmackey 2012/06/28 05:27:52
    stevmackey
    +1
    I have never agreed with Carter till this issue.
  • cm 2012/06/28 05:25:22
    cm
    +1
    Cater is senile
  • ~ The Rebel ~ 2012/06/28 05:24:39
    ~ The Rebel ~
    +1
    He is trying to make sure he's not the worst president in history...
  • Magnus ... ~ The R... 2012/06/28 05:51:26
    Magnus ☮ RP ☮ 2012 ☮
    +1
    He can die in peace then... he's been succeeded in that title since Jan. 13, 2008!

2014/08/23 19:19:10