Caroline Kennedy Remarks at 2012 DNC

Mopvyzo 2012/09/13 14:29:16
Related Topics: Kennedy, DNC, 2012

• vdehl 2012/09/15 17:22:02
    vdehl
    No doubt Caroline Kennedy ads a touch of class to the proceedings. Evidently she would have been an excellent candidate for office herself. She can deliber the message to the public as well as any other politician, though somewhat devoid of great emotion. I wonder what the rights of women that Mr. Obama has advanced are? Is this whyi she mentions reproductive healthcare? I see that women play an ever smaller role in politics. That happens when politicians that are not staunchly in favor or women rights are in office. During other presidents administrations, more women had more substantial roles.
  • saturdayschild 2012/09/13 16:41:27
  • prayer ... saturda... 2012/09/13 18:55:33
    prayer warrior
    What kind of trash are you talking what about the womanizing Republicans who claim to be honorable Christians. Then Romney admits he is not Christian but a Mormon.
  • saturda... prayer ... 2012/09/14 04:54:15
    saturdayschild
    I never stated that Republicans don't womanize either, but Democrats are in the news more often about their womanizing. But that's besides the point; stick to the points I was making. I don't care whether Mormons are or aren't considered Mormon. Again, stick to the points I was making.
  • prayer ... saturda... 2012/09/14 14:03:51
    prayer warrior
    Point Republicans don't get caught as often. The point is you made a general statement that is false. That is your opinion I did I answered one of your points I liked her speech and you are freee to agree or disagree with it
  • saturda... prayer ... 2012/09/14 19:52:40
    saturdayschild
    Check again. You didn't respond to any of my points.

What general statement of mine is false?

I'm glad you liked her speech. She's a hypocrite. She mentions she's Catholic, then she starts alluding to abortion rights.

I prefer to discuss things when others disagree with me. I learn to argue better that way. Problem is, most liberals get so pissed off at me, they block me. This shows their immaturity.
  • prayer ... saturda... 2012/09/15 03:43:45
  • saturda... prayer ... 2012/09/15 04:23:47 (edited)
    saturdayschild
    +1
    I don't think the liberals learned blocking from the conservatives or vice versa, but whoever does block, it's childish, and as you mentioned, cowardly.

I haven't mentioned equal pay for equal work, but since you brought it up, the tradition of paying men more is more complex than what feminists want to believe. For one thing, women are statistically absent from work twice as often as men. Another reason is that men are more reliable and more loyal to their work. That's because men often have to support their families. If a working woman has family issues, that comes before work. I could explain further, but I'll stop there.

As far as abortion, I'm not against it. In fact, it should be forced sometimes, but if women have sole right as to the destiny of a fetus, then they should have sole responsibility. For example, if she's pregnant and wants to keep the baby, she has the legal right. If the father doesn't want to be a father, too bad! He's legally responsible. However, the woman has all the choices-abortion, adoption, keeping the baby, and the father has minimal rights. My feeling is that if a woman is responsible enough to make a sole decision about her baby, then she should have sole responsibility if the father doesn't want to be involved. He should not have t...

As far as abortion, I'm not against it. In fact, it should be forced sometimes, but if women have sole right as to the destiny of a fetus, then they should have sole responsibility. For example, if she's pregnant and wants to keep the baby, she has the legal right. If the father doesn't want to be a father, too bad! He's legally responsible. However, the woman has all the choices-abortion, adoption, keeping the baby, and the father has minimal rights. My feeling is that if a woman is responsible enough to make a sole decision about her baby, then she should have sole responsibility if the father doesn't want to be involved. He should not have to help support the child; however, the law states otherwise. This in unfair because the choices are restricted to women only.

There are many other issues I could bring up, but this is just an example. If you're interested in knowing what men's rights advocates are concerned about, maybe you may want to check out some of the organizations, such as mensrights.org (I think that's the site, but not sure. Anyway, it would be easy to locate).
  • prayer ... saturda... 2012/09/15 05:09:25 (edited)
    prayer warrior
    Well I am talking about equal pay because when my partner who was female worked she didn't miss any days that we were assigned to work together. The fact of the matter most of the women showed up for work but unfortunately several of the men were "A" no pay. In other words they had no sick time nor comp time left and had to be absent without getting paid. So that statement that women take more time off might be inaccurate. Remember now a days many women are the bread winner so your statement again may be inaacurate. What I mean by equal pay is this if they put in the same 8 hours as I do then their checks needs to be the same. That is 10 dollars an hour or whatever is what equal pay for equal work means.

Well do you not believe that your actions should hold some consquences ? Many times especially in marriage both partners decide what to do about the baby especially if the insurance is going to cover the procedure. I am talking about where the government says that you can't have an abortion because we say so. You might have been raped but the conservatives don't want you to have an abortion because it is illegal. You might be pregnant by a stepfather but the child will be forced to carry the baby to term and I know that this has happened the mother is only 12 years older then her son.

I argued when I was married and contacted men's right to make sure of what my rights were so you are kind of preaching to the choir on that issue

Nice discussion
  • saturda... prayer ... 2012/09/15 06:04:10 (edited)
    saturdayschild
    Your personal experiences doesn't mean that it's the norm. This is what generally people assume, but the facts are that women take off twice as much time from work, are less flexible, and so on. Your personal situation does not change the overall reality. Yes, women are often the breadwinners, but not nearly as often as men. Even if they are the breadwinners, they are favored in divorce courts, as usual. Your equal pay issue is a very complicated topic which feminists have tried to simplify to put their hypocritical argument in their favor.

What we have to consider about abortion is the law, and the law favors women. Whether or not two people make a decision together doesn't matter because the legal decision, let me repeat that, the LEGAL decisions that of what the woman wants. It doesn't matte if a couple decides anything about a fetus. What it boils down to is the woman's decision. The man may influence her decision, but legally, his opinion doesn't mean anything. Keep in mind that I previously stated that I am not against abortion. I am against the way the decision is unfairly weighed on just one parent, the mother.

Now you mention that you contacted men's rights to make sure of your rights, so I am "preaching to the choir". Okay, what do you mean by that? Kee...

Now you mention that you contacted men's rights to make sure of your rights, so I am "preaching to the choir". Okay, what do you mean by that? Keep in mind that men's rights organizations will tell you what your legal rights are, but that your rights have way more limitations than that of a woman. That doesn't mean that they want it that way; it means that they want you to understand that you have minimal rights, and most rights are granted to women. They want you to understand that they want these rights changed so that both genders have the same rights.
  • prayer ... saturda... 2012/09/15 06:20:49
    prayer warrior
    What I meant by that is I know about men's rights as far as them trying to get father's the same rights as women when it comes to child support and custody to name a few. I actaully won equal custody meaning I got my children 50 % of the time until I had to move out of State.

Ok I understand where you are coming from on abortion.

The work issue though equal pay has nothing to do with taking time off. If you do the same job then you need to make the same dollar amount and have the same benefits. actually we were trying to get the same rights for men calling it paternity leave if a man's wife had a baby then the father needed time off to help the mother.
  • saturda... prayer ... 2012/09/15 18:01:55 (edited)
    saturdayschild
    +1
    Two points I'd like to make on equal pay. The first is that way in the past, hiring a man was a better investment because men didn't quit their jobs after they married and they have been more flexible, to name just two.

Today, men make more money than women still, but feminists refuse to look at the whole picture. For one, there are more housewives than househusbands. Another, more women only work part-time. Another, men are usually more loyal to their jobs, so the longer you stay at a company, the more you can expect to have a better salary. I can't explain entirely, otherwise this message would be way too long.

I'll make another point. Where I work, there are female janitors. I remember when one of the women janitors had to move heavy box. She expected a male janitor to move it for her because it was too heavy. He teased her and said that they were paid the same for doing the same job. She called him a bastard. He moved it for her anyway because he was only teasing. The point I'm making is that on the surface, it may appear they're doing the same job, but the male janitor is clearly a more valued employee than the female.

I am enjoying this debate with you because neither of us are insulting each other or getting angry, which happens way too often on SH.
  • prayer ... saturda... 2012/09/17 00:45:21
    prayer warrior
    I give you that point that when the jobs are what we call manual then you do have a point about women not having the male strength. But when you have jobs that don't have the male and female strength in question only brain power then should not the pay be equal.

This is a fact if a woman is the sole bread winner and doesn't get equal pay who do you think will have to help take care of her children through public assistence.

I am not even listening to the feminist point of view because they have helped cause family problems in some cases. I am talking about from the position where things are equal in the work load.

You also have some men that are weak and need help with moving and lifting things. There is such a thing as aids that help with moving and lifting things.

It is hard to disagree with you about certain jobs and I would have to concede on those jobs that things are not equal because body mass does come to play in the discussion.

I have enjoyed this discussion and I also am glad that you are a courteous person and thank you for that.

I think we have just about finished with it but if so anytime you see me hit me up and let's see what we can learn from one another.
  • saturda... prayer ... 2012/09/17 02:18:22
    saturdayschild
    +1
    Will do, and you do the same. It's too bad we can't have a verbal discussion. It would be much easier to elaborate on all the issues.
  • prayer ... saturda... 2012/09/17 23:56:08
    prayer warrior
    +1
    I agree words lack something get misunderstood sometimes when written. Well I just got called many names and blocked by a conservative and I conceded to two of his points. I guess he wanted me to roll over and agree with him totally. Lol

I will look forward to another civilze discussion with you
  • aslan prayer ... 2012/09/14 04:56:50
    aslan
    Where did you get this faulty information? It sounds like it has come from former members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. Mitt Romney is a member of a church that actually has the name of Jesus Christ in its name. He is a Christian, a man of integrity, and will actually defend this nation instead of apologizing for it!
  • prayer ... aslan 2012/09/14 14:13:03
    prayer warrior
    Would not current and past members of the Church know what they were taught and believe in. ? The other fact if this info was false then the church would make a statement that this was wrong.

Romney himself would say it is not true but he doesn't. It was confirmed by several sources including divinity students and yes even former members. I also talked to other ministers from several faiths.

Where did you get the info that the info is faulty ? And what part is faulty ?
  • aslan saturda... 2012/09/14 04:49:33
    aslan
    +1
    I am a woman, and I agree with you. Her speech was ridiculous. She should be excommunicated from the Catholic church. I am not Catholic, but she should keep her ideas to herself.
  • saturda... aslan 2012/09/14 04:55:00
    saturdayschild
    Thank you!
  • aslan saturda... 2012/09/14 11:01:22
    aslan
    Your are welcome!
  • jerry 2012/09/13 16:00:06
    jerry
    I wonder if she booooooooed God and Israel?
  • prayer ... jerry 2012/09/13 18:56:45
    prayer warrior
    She is Catholic and they do not boo God and they stand up for the Jewish people.
  • jerry prayer ... 2012/09/14 16:18:51
    jerry
    She is a Catholic in name only and should not receive the Blessed Sacrament in her state of mortal sin. She is not only pro-abortion and pro-contraception which is directly opposed to the Church's stand. She is against parental notification, cooling down periods and other options that might help a woman make the right choice when she is in crisis. If she doesn't agree with the Church, find another denomination. But don't call yourself a Catholic. You can call a snake a Catholic....it doesn't make it true.

Speaking of "Catholic' snakes.... pelosi
  • prayer ... jerry 2012/09/15 03:55:53
    prayer warrior
    Well the last time I heard the Catholic stand it was that we should be compassionate for the poor so Ryan needs to leave the Church according to what you wrote and not claim to be Catholic except in name only. I talked to several priest and they stated that the Bishops of American condemned Ryan.

Romney also claims to be Mormon which means he is not Christian because to be christian you must follow Christ and recognize that he is the Son of God. Mormons think he is a man and the brother of Lucifer.

Since when did you change your name to God and start condemning people ?

IS THIS WHAT YOU A CATHOLIC SNAKE LOOKS LIKE

Ryan catholic snake
  • jacktown kid 2012/09/13 15:09:47
    jacktown kid
    Outstanding Speech
  • aslan jacktow... 2012/09/14 11:03:29
    aslan
    +1
    Are your sure you heard the same speech, or rather tirade, that I did?
  • jacktow... aslan 2012/09/14 15:01:28
    jacktown kid
    Thenyou are in selective hearing aren't you
  • MJ 2012/09/13 14:42:41
    MJ
    The Ideals I believe in also! Obama 2012!!!
  • aslan MJ 2012/09/14 11:05:27
    aslan
    The cat is beautiful, but I certainly think the kitty would make a better president than BHO.

2014/10/23 04:47:40