Cannot say that I disagree Liberalism Drives Men to Madness

iamnothere 2012/07/30 03:55:34
Liberalism Drives Men to Madness, by Kevin Jackson

The shooting in Aurora CO dominated the news this weekend, and not just in America. It was world news. The tragedy reminded me of a recurring question people have been pondering for at least a decade: Why are so many of these incidents happening now?
cannot say that I disagree  Liberalism Drives Men to Madness
The Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence reports that the United States experiences an average of around 20 mass shootings each year since 2005.

There was the rampage at Virginia Tech in 2007 that left 32 people dead. Only three days prior to the Aurora shooting, 17 people were injured in Tuscaloosa, Alabama after a gunman opened fire in a downtown bar, and one week before that three people were killed and two were injured after another rampage erupted during a Dover, Delaware soccer tournament. The Fort Hood massacre occurred two years later and 13 people losing their lives in that event.

The evidence is pretty clear that we are having far more mass shooting these days than we had in the past. You might want to make the natural jump to guns, as that is what the media will tell us. Guns are easy to blame. Relatively easy to get, guns make good culprits. But if people were killing people by driving into crowds with Chevy Volts, I suspect the media would not blame the Volt.

It should come as no surprise that the rise in mass killing sprees in America is in direct proportion to the rise in Liberalism in American politics.

The old America was about hope. Kids were taught that they could do anything, be anything. And though America has never been nor will ever be perfect, she has always found a way to allow everybody to thrive. All it took was a person willing to capture the American spirit, and have dogged determination to pursue the American Dream.

Over the years, Liberalism has destroyed that spirit. Today Liberalism offers an easy answer to everything and government is that answer. Government will help you through all crises, even those it creates. Government should educate you, feed you, and make sure you have everything except the confidence to do for yourself; which is why government promises what even God doesn’t. Government promises you deliverance from everything, including yourself.

Such is the definition of Liberalism which always circles back...
to hopelessness and despair. What happens when somebody gets that free education and can’t find a job? What happens when that person who got that government-mandated mortgage, then he loses his home? What happens when unemployment insurance runs out, when there is no healthcare available, when there is no food on the table?

These were the same problems many Americans faced in the past. If you dropped out of school, so be it. My grandfather had to leave school in the 6th grade, because his family of 19 brothers and sisters needed him to work. He died well into his 80s a happy man, educated with “common sense,” and remarkably further in life than his parents.

My grandparents stressed education, but they understood it was a guarantee of nothing. They made sure that I had the experiences to understand that life would throw me curve balls, and that I should look for the seams.

I remember how fond my grandparents of a trip they took to Tijuana with my grandfather’s brother. They had saved for years to go. As poor as my grandparents were, they recognized that even the poorest blacks had it better than the poorest Mexican. They talked of staying in a hotel that was so bad, the Mexican man in broken English offered them additional women in the presence of my grandmother and great-aunt. They decided to upgrade just a bit.

They spoke often of that trip, and fondly so. But what I always got out of it was they were so happy get back to America. Which is to say, the reason why there were less shootings back in the day is people, all people felt great about being Americans. Being American meant something; it still does. If you don’t believe me, go to an immigration hearing where citizenship is granted and speak to the new Americans. You won’t find a single one of them who would consider shooting up anything, except fireworks to celebrate their new beginning.

The Left wants to capitalize on this tragic shooting, and they say gun control could have prevented this. Not a chance. People intent on killing, kill.

Liberalism is the killer. Liberalism kills dreams and offers no hope. The failure of Liberalism is what drives men to madness.

• thefatguy 2012/07/30 06:27:25
    thefatguy
    +2
    Nice article, but I refuse to use the language of the opposition. They call themselves "liberals" when they are the furthest thing from it. I will always put "liberal" and "liberalism" in quotes. They are pre-totalitarians.
  • iamnothere thefatguy 2012/07/30 13:41:25
    iamnothere
    +1
    fascism and liberalism have always been one in the same.. and I agree with you
  • Artist~PWCM~ 2012/07/30 05:37:08
    Artist~PWCM~
    +1
    I don't know that I would go so far as to blame liberalism for death and destruction, well, maybe destruction but I would suggest that liberalism does cause distress and despair. The liberals of the 60s, 70s and to limited extent the early 80s were the heart and conscience of America. Today they are a wandering mind filled with rainbows and unicorns yet their greed for power outmatches that of Republicans on every level. I may not have agreed with most of their goals but I respected them as a counter-balance to the GOP and that then, they would work together...a bit of give and take. Now it's all take.

"Our way or else!" is their motto and "We know what is best for you." their creed. One only needs to look at Detroit and the failed Great Society experiment to see America's future today. Add to that an abysmal lack of responsibility for errors over the last 3 1/2 years and you have the 'Progressive Party'...such a silly name. No wonder the despair Americans are feeling.

And despair does kill.
  • MichaelJ Artist~... 2012/07/30 06:38:19
    MichaelJ
    +2
    Artist, you did a much better job describing my thoughts than I could!

Thanks!
  • iamnothere Artist~... 2012/07/30 13:42:52
    iamnothere
    +1
    did you see the blog about conservatives being happier and living longer than liberals a while back?? so yes it does cause stress and does kill
  • Artist~... iamnothere 2012/07/30 20:25:59
    Artist~PWCM~
    +1
    Which one?
    Actually there were several that reported that, granted over a span of years. And keep this in mind, most were married...go figure!
  • Zuggi 2012/07/30 04:52:59 (edited)
  • iamnothere Zuggi 2012/07/30 05:02:27
    iamnothere
    +1
    he is what he is.. if you desire to call him a nazi.. be my guest.. mr godwin has nothing on you
  • Zuggi iamnothere 2012/07/30 05:07:30
    Zuggi
    Grats on missing the point completely.
  • iamnothere Zuggi 2012/07/30 13:43:20
    iamnothere
    I did not miss your point.. you missed mine
  • Zuggi iamnothere 2012/07/30 14:13:51
    Zuggi
    Your point is that liberalism is an evil philosophy that drives men to do evil things.

That's simply ludicrous.
  • iamnothere Zuggi 2012/07/30 21:36:15
    iamnothere
    ok.. lets look at a few.. MAO and Stalin both on the far far left both evil both took took millions of lifes
  • Zuggi iamnothere 2012/08/01 00:10:39
    Zuggi
    Ok, and Hitler on the right.

That doesn't say anything at all.
  • iamnothere Zuggi 2012/08/01 12:06:59
    iamnothere
    I was waiting for you to bring up the leader of the socialist democrat party.. why do you keep sticking your foot in your face? sticking foot in mouth
  • Zuggi iamnothere 2012/08/01 14:07:12
    Zuggi
    Oh, you and your revisionist history.
  • iamnothere Zuggi 2012/08/01 15:28:56
    iamnothere
    Adolf Hitler German: [ˈadɔlf ˈhɪtlɐ] ( listen); (20 April 1889 – 30 April 1945) was an Austrian-born German politician and the leader of the National Socialist German Workers Party revise this..

2014/04/24 19:22:37