Canada's Top Ten List of America's Stupidity.

Catch224u 2013/10/29 02:13:59

This is Canada's Top Ten List of America's Stupidity... Canada's
version of David Letterman's "Top 10"

10. Only in America ... Could politicians talk about the greed of the
rich at a $35,000.00 a plate campaign fund-raisin g event.

9. Only in America ... Could people claim that the government still
discriminates against black Americans when they have a black
President, a black Attorney General and roughly 20% of the federal
workforce is black while only 14% of the population is black. 40+% of
all federal entitlements goes to black Americans – 3X the rate that go
to whites, 5X the rate that go to Hispanics!

8. Only in America ... Could they have had the two people most
responsible for our tax code, Timothy Geithner (the head of the
Treasury Department) and Charles Rangel (who once ran the Ways and
Means Committee), BOTH turn out to be tax cheats who are in favor of
higher taxes.

7. Only in America ... Can they have terrorists kill people in the
name of Allah and have the media primarily react by fretting that
Muslims might be harmed by the backlash.

6. Only in America ... Would they make people who want to legally
become Amer ican citizens wait for years in their home countries and
pay tens of thousands of dollars for the privilege, while they discuss
letting anyone who sneaks into the country illegally just 'magically'
become American citizens.

5. Only in America ... Could the people who believe in balancing the
budget and sticking by the country's Constitution be thought of as
"extremists."

4. Only in America ... Could you need to present a driver's license to
cash a check or buy alcohol, but not to vote.

3. Only in America ... Could people demand the government investigate
whether oil companies are gouging the public because the price of gas
went up when the return on equity invested in a major U.S. Oil company
(Marathon Oil) is less than half of a company making tennis shoes
(Nike).

2. Only in America ... Could the government collect more tax dollars
from the people than any nation in recorded history, still spend a
Tri llion dollars more than it has per year - for total spending of
$7Million PER MINUTE, and complain that it doesn't have nearly enough
money.

1. Only in America ... Could the rich people - who pay 86% of all
income taxes - be accused of not paying their "fair share" by people
who don't pay any income taxes at all.

• Hawkeye 2013/10/29 09:54:49
    Agree
    Hawkeye
    +12
    Don't KNOW that I agree that this is from Canada but I DO agree with the list and even have one of my OWN to add to it...

ONLY in America can you have a child,, a BLACK child,, grow up running the streets of Indonesia,, barefoot,, dirty and in tattered clothing and eating animals for lunch that Americans call family members,, rise from these humble beginnings to attend the most prestigious University on the planet and go from there to become the President of the United States,, ONLY to wail and moan and groan HERE and around the world for five long years about how American blacks are DENIED opportunities in America..

• Hawkeye ☆ Queen... 2013/10/29 16:08:32
    Hawkeye
    +1
    And STUPID is incurable..
  • Jesferkicks 2013/10/29 08:06:57
    Agree
    Jesferkicks
    +5
    The truth be told.

But shouldn't I, as a citizen of the US of Whiners, be offended by the lack of Political Correctness in this post? Next this guy will be telling me that it is NOT alright to give ribbons to every kid who participates in a sporting event, whether winner or not. How rude!
  • redhorse29 2013/10/29 07:01:47
    Agree
    redhorse29
    +6
    Every item is accurate.
  • hatter 2013/10/29 05:37:43
    Agree
    hatter
    +6
    cant argue with that logic.
  • exhon2009 2013/10/29 05:18:16
    Agree
    exhon2009
    +6
    Damned Canucks are smarter than I thought.
  • apachehellfire65 2013/10/29 05:08:05
    Agree
    apachehellfire65
    +7
    and this is only the top ten! the foolishness goes way beyond this.
  • Leslie Goudy 2013/10/29 04:48:30
    Leslie Goudy
    +3
    Canada is part of North America Stupid
  • James Leslie ... 2013/10/29 14:33:20
    James
    +2
    Thanks for the geography lesson. Here's something you didn't catch:

Americans is globally universal term for those who live in the USA.

This may or may not be written by a Canadian but it doesnt matter. The truth hurts.
  • Dave In... Leslie ... 2013/11/08 18:46:08 (edited)
    Dave In Cali
    This always makes me laugh. While it is true, "America" is the best possible shortening of "United States of America". Unless we are to start calling ourselves 'you-essians'... 'the united'... there's already a UK football team.. So America and American it is. I'd wager that only the home-schooled kids who ride their velociraptors when they go hunting for wooly mammoths with the Spear of Destiny would actually think that "North America" means "New York". :)

Cheer, buddy - we love Canada - ignore the American Conservatives.
  • urwutuis 2013/10/29 04:27:55
    Disagree
    urwutuis
    Yeah right, this came from Canada, sure it did
  • Marnie3 2013/10/29 03:35:11 (edited)
    Disagree
    Marnie3
    America could match that with a top ten list of Canada's stupidity...eh?
  • NA Marnie3 2013/10/29 03:55:46
    NA
    +2
    A list like this could be made up for pretty much every country on this planet.
  • jumpboots 187th PIR 2013/10/29 03:28:33
    Agree
    jumpboots 187th PIR
    +3
    Good post Catch224u........... cat fish
  • Nikki +In God We Trust+ 2013/10/29 03:23:35
    Agree
    Nikki +In God We Trust+
    +4
    Great & True Post.
  • Annie~Pro American~Pro Israel 2013/10/29 03:18:13
    Agree
    Annie~Pro American~Pro Israel
    +4
    Canada has American, Saul Alinsky's regressives all figured out.
  • Mo 2013/10/29 03:18:04
    Mo
    +3
    I don't need Canadians to tell me this stuff. Do those who made this list think they observed these things first? I'm not convinced their "leaders" are any better. Those who want to run the lives of others are usually A-holes, no matter what the system of government. Are they sure all this stuff happens "only in America"? I'm not.
  • linda ... Mo 2013/10/29 11:25:42
    linda   ~PWCM~JLA
    +3
    We used to be at the top of the heap and now we're just compost. We're a bunch of apathetic fools to stand by and let this happen TWICE. The whole World is looking down on us not just the Canadians.
  • Mo linda ... 2013/10/29 13:55:10
    Mo
    +2
    You must be speaking for yourself. I am certainly not apathetic, nor a fool, nor have I "stood by" while the jackass who currently resides in the White House was made the head jackass twice. There are plenty of people who are not just standing by. Anyone who is willing to give up because its hard and Canadians are laughing at us, is assisting in our possible ruin. Who gives a &@$#% what a bunch of Canadian comedians think? Like I said, "only in America" is BS. Why don't those brainiacs attack a country that has completed its downward spiral or one where the people never escaped their lowly position in life? One where those examples of "hilarious" juxtaposition would never be possible in the first place? Oh yeah, those people cut off heads.
  • linda ... Mo 2013/10/30 03:08:20
    linda   ~PWCM~JLA
    +1
    What have you done to reverse the tides Mo?? I feel helpless and if you have a plan I'll help you. Every time Obama commits an impeachable offense I get all excited but nothing happens. Our elected officials have let us down and we have voter fraud. I sign every petition I can and donate to the Tea Party. I, like many others are very frustrated and by the way there are cartoons about us all over the World.
  • Mo linda ... 2013/10/30 22:57:12
    Mo
    +2
    I share your frustration. First, let me tell you that he has committed a multitude of impeachable offenses but he wont be impeached. That is because the process starts in the House Judiciary Committee. Right now, there are 10 Dems and 8 Republicans on that committee. Democrats goosestep together unless given permission to veer. On top of that, among the Republican members, we have Orrin Hatch(untrustworthy), Lindsey Graham(loser, traitor) and Jeff Flake(iffy). If the impeachment process ever made it past those corrupt hypocrites and the full house debate, the next step is the Senate. See? its not fair, it won't be fair until we get rid of a bunch of them. I don't have a particular plan, I just try to stay very well informed and know the enemy. That way, whenever you find yourself in a heated discussion, you have the facts. When you know how the opposition will respond, you will either be prepared to illuminate their ignorance, or expect the insulting blustering talking points that will be dredged up, and counter them. If you allow yourself to be upset by cartoons, they will have succeeded. Have you read Rules for Radicals? Its pretty much Obama's playbook. I do what you and many others are doing. What I have done is Alinsky them back as often as possible, donate when I can,...
    I share your frustration. First, let me tell you that he has committed a multitude of impeachable offenses but he wont be impeached. That is because the process starts in the House Judiciary Committee. Right now, there are 10 Dems and 8 Republicans on that committee. Democrats goosestep together unless given permission to veer. On top of that, among the Republican members, we have Orrin Hatch(untrustworthy), Lindsey Graham(loser, traitor) and Jeff Flake(iffy). If the impeachment process ever made it past those corrupt hypocrites and the full house debate, the next step is the Senate. See? its not fair, it won't be fair until we get rid of a bunch of them. I don't have a particular plan, I just try to stay very well informed and know the enemy. That way, whenever you find yourself in a heated discussion, you have the facts. When you know how the opposition will respond, you will either be prepared to illuminate their ignorance, or expect the insulting blustering talking points that will be dredged up, and counter them. If you allow yourself to be upset by cartoons, they will have succeeded. Have you read Rules for Radicals? Its pretty much Obama's playbook. I do what you and many others are doing. What I have done is Alinsky them back as often as possible, donate when I can, make the calls, write the letters, attend as many townhalls and protests as possible, try to stay aware of what is going on, remember that the diehards will not succumb to common sense. There are some people who are simply uninformed for whatever reason, and its worth informing them. The reason I wont give up is that I cannot accept the alternative. Don't be discouraged. You have lots of company, and I'm expecting more.
  • linda ... Mo 2013/10/31 05:26:37
    linda   ~PWCM~JLA
    +2
    Thank you Mo. Very encouraging and informative. There are so many issues at hand it's a full time job trying to keep up with what's going on here and abroad. I'm not a scholar and have trouble digesting all this and understanding why we can't stop it. I want to get it fixed and go back to my Zen life.
  • Mo linda ... 2013/11/08 03:06:31
    Mo
    +1
    Thanks. I want us to get it fixed and get back to living too.
  • linda ... Mo 2013/11/08 06:33:12
    linda   ~PWCM~JLA
    +1
    I think we all do. Too much anxiety around all this.
  • Broken 2013/10/29 03:01:47
    Agree
    Broken
    +5
    Love this! Probably NOT from a Canadian, but it is still good.
  • gldynmd BTO-t-BCRA-F 2013/10/29 02:58:21
    Agree
    gldynmd BTO-t-BCRA-F
    +4
    Spells it right out.... lol
  • Justagirl 2013/10/29 02:48:06
    Agree
    Justagirl
    +2
    Laugh or cry?...however, America is not YET the absolute of stupidity in governance.
  • Catch224u Justagirl 2013/10/29 02:49:30
    Catch224u
    +4
    We seem to be headed down that road.
  • Justagirl Catch224u 2013/10/29 03:01:48
    Justagirl
    +3
    We are, unless the People stand against it. Your post made me giggle and heartened my sense that maybe, just MAYBE, the liberal media is awakening to Our dire straits.... There is truth in humor! Thank you!
  • Diana 2013/10/29 02:48:02
    Agree
    Diana
    +6
    I agree with every word.Wish we could have Obama read this.I don't think he would understand it.
  • Concolor2001 2013/10/29 02:43:59
    Agree
    Concolor2001
    +7
    And the sad part is that I don't see this ridiculousness getting any better any time soon.
  • Catch224u Concolo... 2013/10/29 02:46:23
    Catch224u
    +7
    The Dumbing down of a Nation.
  • Jesse-Tired of Liberal Lunacy 2013/10/29 02:35:15
    Agree
    Jesse-Tired of Liberal Lunacy
    +5
    1, 4, and 7 are my personal favorites.
  • Catch224u Jesse-T... 2013/10/29 02:40:47
    Catch224u
    +4
    Me to.
  • Sharon 2013/10/29 02:27:19
  • Sharon Sharon 2013/10/29 02:31:39
  • Catch224u Sharon 2013/10/29 02:39:35
    Catch224u
    +4
    Blonds,no matter, Northern or Southern what can I say? They say it for us.

Yah, he's the man, he's the man. A fifth grader !
  • Sharon Catch224u 2013/10/29 02:40:58
    Sharon
    +2
    I'm blonde LOL
  • Catch224u Sharon 2013/10/29 02:45:02
    Catch224u
    +3
    But you knew the answer, didn't you?
  • Sharon Catch224u 2013/10/29 02:52:02
    Sharon
    +1
    YES lol

2014/11/27 09:38:52