Can you justify voting for a man who increased our National Debt more in just 2 years than Bush did in 8?

tncdel 2011/03/15 16:19:06
Related Topics: Debt, Voting

SLIDESHOW: A "change" for the worse

1 of 1

more debt in 2 years than 8

1. more debt in 2 years than 8

more debt in 2 years than 8

• Farnsworth 2011/03/15 16:21:13
    NO
    Farnsworth
    +6
    I didn't vote for Obobo the first time, so I'm wouldn't even consider it now. Only his true believers flock of sheep will vote for him

• Lynn 2011/03/16 03:14:16
    NO
    Lynn
    How's that hopey-changey thing working out for ya?
  • Dora Rachael 2011/03/16 01:46:13
    NO
    Dora Rachael
    Never voted for him before and no way in hell would I ever vote for this commie thug!
    NO
    +1
    I still don't understand why anyone was foolish enough to vote for a man with no experience the first time. Hope thay aren't stupid enough to do it again.
  • tncdel none 2011/03/15 21:57:39
    tncdel
    Experience wasn't the crucial thing. Nancy Pelosi Nancy, for example, has well over 30 years political experience. Does that make her qualified to be a LEADER of our country. I'd take someone with absolutely NO political experience who is CAPABLE, than a clueless person lacking ability.
  • Not stupid 2011/03/15 19:02:54
    NO
    Not stupid
    Wait, Didn't Bush have a surplus? And his last year in office he was running a 1.4 trillion dollar deficit? Most of which he had a Republican congress for most of that time. How have the wars and the recession that began before Obama took office affected the deficit?

Lets let that Bastion of liberalism, the Cato institute explain part about the 1.4 trillion.
    http://www.cato-at-liberty.or...
  • DebraJMSmith 2011/03/15 17:50:20 (edited)
    NO
    DebraJMSmith
    Anyone who votes for that moron a second time, needs his/her head examined. --And as for that video speaking of Obama having his plane landed at night, for safety issues, American presidents (real ones) don't hide. --It's one thing, being careful. It's quite another, hiding.
  • Birthpangs 2011/03/15 17:01:27
  • sbtbill 2011/03/15 16:45:30
    YES
    sbtbill
    When you are faced with a near repeat of the great depression you have to spend money to get out of it.
  • DFM302 sbtbill 2011/03/15 16:51:45
    DFM302
    +1
    Try doing that on a personal basis and see what it gets you. Wait, that's what a lot did. See what happened? However, you want to blame Bush.
  • sbtbill DFM302 2011/03/15 18:08:16
    sbtbill
    Personal and government are not the same. What should be done on a personal basis is not the same as what should be done on a governmental basis. Government is more like a business. It should be investing at times like this to prepare for growth later. Government should cut back in good times an grow in bad times.
  • DFM302 sbtbill 2011/03/15 18:25:28
    DFM302
    It's interesting that Liberals call what is being done now investment yet with the prior administration is was called wasteful spending. It's also interesting that you compare the government to business. If a business operated the way the government operates, they wouldn't stay in business very long.

The federal government doesn't need to grow any bigger whether good or bad times. It's already mulitple times larger than it should be and far beyond what the Constitution allows.
  • sbtbill DFM302 2011/03/15 19:01:57
    sbtbill
    The prior administration didn't invest it wasted money on unnecessary wars and tax cuts for people who didn't need them.

Look at Reagan if you want a President who invested. He spent huge amounts of money on space research. He built up a huge defense industry. Now I might think that his investment choices could have been better but I can not deny that he built up parts of the US. He did it with massive deficits. Now look at Bush. What did he build in the US? He ran up massive deficits for which it appears we received nothing. As to Obama while there is still time it seems that his building will be road repairs. Most of the money from the stimulus went to shore up states and for tax cuts. At least most of the tax cuts went to the people who needed them the most so they may have helped to build family balance sheets. I do think he is trying to build something, but the opposition is huge.

Business and the government are similar. Government has the advantage that it can create money. The problem of course is that in good times the government always forgets to pay down the deficit. We do have one recent exception to that history - Bill Clinton.
  • DFM302 sbtbill 2011/03/15 19:57:40
    DFM302
    Like I said, when Democrats spend it's called investing but when Republicans spend, it's considered wasting money. You make it seem as if Bush spent every dime on the two wars.

The opposition should be huge just like Obama's record deficits. You do know the money that went to States to "shore them up" has to be paid back? Guess what will pay them back? That's right, increased taxes on those who balance sheets weren't helped. Socialism at its best. One person the government want to have more gets it while someone the government thinks should have less pays it.

Government does not create money, they print it. If the government could create it, they wouldn't have to take it from those that earned it to hand it over to someone that hasn't. You are aware that if a business doesn't make a profit, they don't stay in business and that if a government doesn't have the amount it needs, they simply stick it to the people they think have too much.
  • tncdel DFM302 2011/03/15 22:04:53
    tncdel
    The Dems were in control of spending Bush's last two years, when the most was spent in his entire 8 years. So you can't rightly blame Bush for that.
  • tncdel sbtbill 2011/03/15 22:01:51
    tncdel
    For over 4 years now, counting the 2 years Democrats were in control of spending in Congress [BEFORE Obama took office 2 years ago [a total of 4 years], it is now beyond doubt, if there ever was any, that the Dems "tax & spend" solution DOESN'T work. Do you agree?
  • tncdel sbtbill 2011/03/15 22:03:06
    tncdel
    P.S. 4 years ago my house was appraised at over twice its present value and the unemployment rate was half what it is now.
  • BrianD3 2011/03/15 16:42:54
    NO
    BrianD3
    +1
    allen west, our next president
  • tncdel BrianD3 2011/03/15 22:21:56
  • larry bohannon 2011/03/15 16:32:42
    NO
    larry bohannon
    +2
    I want allen west to run for president
  • tncdel larry b... 2011/03/15 22:22:30
  • Demonic Rat Hunter 2011/03/15 16:29:32
    NO
    Demonic Rat Hunter
    +3
    He has been a complete and utter disaster for the USA. But then Obozo, Sasquatchelle and all his minions hate what the USA has become.
  • Tasine 2011/03/15 16:26:36
    NO
    Tasine
    +5
    National debt is only ONE facet, and not the most important one, that will prevent my voting for him. His constant rape of the Constitution and his overbearing arrogance and his harridan wife are in the recipe as well.
  • tncdel 2011/03/15 16:23:50 (edited)
    NO
    tncdel
    +5
    I will be first to concede that Bush was a lousy president. But what do you call a president over 4 times as bad?

For Obama has mis-managed our National Debt so badly that he has spent more in 2 years than Bush did in 8. Do the math. That makes Obama over 4 times as bad.
  • BackWoo... tncdel 2011/03/15 17:01:40
    BackWoodsMike
    +1
    Just to let you know, I e-mailed and called Congressman West's Office to express my desire that he run for president.

The (sweet sounding) young lady I spoke with told me that they were getting inundated with calls, e-mails and faxes.

Let's hope he hears our message. We need to replace the disaster we have living in our White House (when he is not golfing, on vacation or on the campaign trail) with a person who can not only do the job, but do it better than any of the presidents we have had since Ronald Reagan.
  • tncdel BackWoo... 2011/03/15 22:24:14
    tncdel
    +1
    Thanks for the report!
  • tncdel BackWoo... 2011/03/15 22:29:21
    tncdel
    +1
    P.S. I actually think West will be BETTER THAN Reagan. For one thing, I know damn well he won't give amnesty to the illegals like Reagan did. Plus I think he'd be an even better LEADER than Reagan was, even conceding that Reagan was a good one.

I also like the way West is able to think quick-on-his-feet without scripted words and a teleprompter. Honed by six tours of duty under fire of Islamic terrorists.
  • UGH...L... tncdel 2011/03/15 22:57:24
    UGH...LIBS ~ PWCM ~ JLA ~
    +1
    And that's only counting the debt.

Throw in his bungling (or intentional destruction) of health care, energy policy and foreign policy, and the bad factor goes much higher than 4.
  • micheleT BN-O 2011/03/15 16:23:18
    NO
    micheleT BN-O
    +4
    LOL...NO!!!!!
  • Farnsworth 2011/03/15 16:21:13
    NO
    Farnsworth
    +6
  • UGH...L... Farnsworth 2011/03/15 22:44:36
    UGH...LIBS ~ PWCM ~ JLA ~
    +1
    The sheep are well paid for their support, with other people's money.

Union hacks and welfare cheats will gladly vote for him again.

As well as some marxist true believers.
  • true american 2011/03/15 16:19:49
    NO
    true american
    +4
    Nor will I

2014/12/20 17:17:40